How would you make a proper Doom film?

How would you make a proper Doom film?

Attached: 1553864709284.png (861x1039, 1.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=omWEZI0cT1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wouldn't. It can only possibly work as a video game.

By making a 40k film instead

Action horror set in hell isnt that much of a stretch for a premise

Boring as fuck. There is only so much gun action you can do in 90 minutes with literally no filler.

There isn't an actor based enough to be Doomguy

Attached: 1561848696457.jpg (750x938, 66K)

i wouldn't i would just play one of the games. it's a fucking plotless game about shooting demons. why take the interactivity away and try to make an audience care about dumb bullshit like plot and original characters that have nothing to do with the games?

>tense first third in near darkness as lone marine tries to restore power to his facility after the squad gets ambushed in an early set piece extravaganza
>restores power, gains better guns, proceeds to wreck face
>final battle he gets the bfg to clear until the final boss and some kind of giant fight with rockets and guns and all sorts of shit then teleports back to earth

Start it off as a horror film set on Mars where everybody dies except for the MC who survives by hiding or some shit and then around halfway through the flick he finds some space steroids and the doom guy suit, nuts up and murders the fuck out of the demons for the rest of the movie.
Kind of like Mandy except darker and more violent.

Attached: 1537182730477.jpg (1912x800, 126K)

Soo that shitshow already released?

>incelhammer
YIKES

i wouldnt. also fuck nudoom, its gay shit. fuck brutal doom too.

God damn Doom Eternal looks fucking incredible.

Attached: 1540015853826.jpg (468x676, 39K)

the 2005 film was a perfectly fine action romp

this
I demand even more star wars

Attached: 1518038832246.png (1159x665, 183K)

cast idris elba as the demons

>How would you make a proper Doom film?

Just follow the plot of the first games. Scientists on Mars open a portal to hell. Demons invade and kill everyone. One surviving marine fights his way across Mars and its moons, all the way to Hell and stops the invasion. This isn't a hard concept to film.

Attached: come on now.jpg (960x882, 59K)

John Wick 1 but with demons. Practical effects and minimum cg.

>protagonist doesn’t talk at all
>premise of game is just slaying demons
>0 story telling potential other than FUCK ITS THE DOOM SLAYER
I don’t think you can sorry bro

No words, basically fantasia but with mick gordon tracks and doom guy killing demons.

Is Rob Bottin still alive?

Attached: 787164654654.png (400x400, 470K)

>nuDoom
trash it

>basically fantasia but with mick gordon tracks and doom guy killing demons

That's actually pretty fucking genius

Too bad Fantasia fucking blows

Attached: 1539538018391.jpg (5654x2763, 1.9M)

You underestimate the ability of hollywood to fuck basic things up.

So hardcore Henry with demons

john wick with demons

>tfw too smart for movie adaptations

Attached: 1550333988644.jpg (5654x2763, 2.1M)

Unironically have Zack Snyder do it, he loves the action and to add christian imagery.

No dialogue, with very subtle hints to his characterization conveyed in actions and written codes

>Zack Snyder

Attached: 1557178942123.jpg (419x372, 11K)

Attached: YoureARetard.jpg (600x449, 52K)

you don't

That would work. Except you don't have the fucking Doom Guy hide. Just introduce him later if need be.

honestly, this is a great fit

Think about all the symbolism we could have!!

There are two ways to do it successfully:

As a feature film:
The protag is actually some timid, useless random lab rat or girl who survives the mars colony invasion by hiding and gets forcefully enlisted by Doom guy after he comes through the portal wounded and needs help repairing his armor and getting weapons (or whatever). Doom guy never speaks and the screenplay is a buddy action film where the protag starts out terrified of Doom guy, who is silently exasperated by how helpless and cowardly they are. But by the final act they have found a steady comradery. The final battle sees lab rat finally awaken the warrior within, helping doom guy take down the cyber demon. However, [plot contrivance here] happens and doom guy must return to the hell dimension to protect the lab rat or the world or whatever and they must bid each other a silent thumbs up.

As a short film:
Doom guy battles demons though a destroyed mars facility, possibly some secondary character character that he has to save, protect or follow directions from. Minimal to no dialogue, ends with him jumping into hell to kill more demons. 15-20 minutes long, max.

Attached: DOOMEternal_LargeHero_GameplayReveal.png (1920x870, 1.62M)

>Doom Guy starts out as a standard marine who is tasked with protecting a govt facility where they work on newly discovered portal technology designed to teleport troops long distances
>Accidentally direct the portal to hell
>Monsters start flooding through
>Doom Guy is at this point mostly a humanized character despite being suspiciously silent
>Doom Guy runs to the gun locker to hide and grabs a shotgun
>First part of the movie is more of a horror film as only a few demons come through and begin hunting and eating scientists and facility workers
>Movie just follows Doom Guy around as he nervously stalks the halls shooting them and witnessing their carnage against the scientists
>At a certain point more and more demons have became aware of the portal and the facility begins to become more and more overrun
>With each kill Doom Guy becomes less man and more silent killing machine, with a smile beginning to appear on his face as more and more demon blood splatters his body
>Doom Guy discovers that the scientists were working on a special space suit they could equip on people to protect them while inside the portal
>Climax of the movie is Doom Guy walking out in the full doom armor and taking on several hundred demons
>Doom guy takes on a giant boss demon and at this point has become a raving RIP AND TEAR maniac
>Kills demon by jumping off a ledge onto its face and shooting straight down with a rail gun till he has cut through the demon's body lowering himself through it like an elevator
>Killing the boss monster releases an explosion that kills all the other demons around him
>Doom Guy realizes that there's no more demons to kill and the final shot of the film is him running straight into the portal to hell

both of those are terrible

How so?

this. it would really have to be a nightmare of a movie. not in the sense that it's bad, but it would be sensory overload with more blood, guts, and red color gradients than ever seen before. it should take fortitude to sit through

I would make it like hardcore henry were the plot is pointless the action is cool the MC is silent and the camera is first person

>doomguy Is a marinw whos family/comrades were killed by demons due to scientific fuckup and invasion
>almost like saving private Ryan būt with demons
>allready angry
>goes through some mumbo jumbo plot device unholly procedure involving space steroids and hellish magic like a last ditch effort from humans
>you were the demons all along
>following hour Is a campy grotesque high octane massacre of demons in contrast to almost serious war/horror vibes of the first half of the movie

nobody interested in a Doom movie wants to watch some limp wristed scientist fag get dragged along and provide quippy dialogue while Doomguy kills stuff. it's the most generic hollywood shit

I know dude, I’m so fucking pumped. I’m skipping all my classes that day and just getting high as FUCK killing demons the day it drops

He does real estate now.

> it's the most generic hollywood shit
Stoic tough guy + nattering nerdy guy is a cliche in hollywood because it works extremely well and lets you make the silent tough guy sympathetic and less one note.
What nobody actually wants to see is Doom guy killing demons for an hour straight by himself. You might think you do, but after 15 minutes you would be bored.

1. Have Neveldine and Taylor to write the script
2. Hire Cosmatos as a director
3. Cast Tom Hardy as Doomguy

Attached: image.jpg (360x396, 143K)

>Mandy but MORE violent

How can you even do that? That being said, Nic Cage should play doomguy.

What is user’s favourite mod?

Attached: 5F4A7860-9689-4EDC-BE9A-C560BC8F5B74.gif (282x272, 652K)

> it works extremely well
for normalfag retards, who wouldn't pay to see a rated R hyperviolent movie anyway so there's no point in pandering to them here
>make the silent tough guy sympathetic and less one note
it's fucking Doomguy, not Judge Dredd. here's what makes him sympathetic: demons from Hell want to assrape him and eat his soul and he has no choice but to live a life of ultraviolent carnage and extreme pain
>What nobody actually wants to see is Doom guy killing demons for an hour straight by himself
how does that preclude inserting some fag wimp character? there's plenty of body horror carnage movies that do something creative and new with their MC

all based and redpilled

runtime: 2 hours
>100 minutes of the boring horror movie
>10 actual minutes of the movie everyone wants to see

>This isn't a hard concept to film.

It is when you HAVE to shove in hollywood clichés, such as romantic interests, stereotypical secondary characters and a silly plot that just needs to take itself way too seriously.

Currently playing Eviternity and Sigil.
And both are pretty decent

>it's fucking Doomguy, not Judge Dredd. here's what makes him sympathetic: demons from Hell want to assrape him and eat his soul and he has no choice but to live a life of ultraviolent carnage and extreme pain
I can sense your fedora and mantitted dimmu borgir shirt from over here, bud. Nobody actually wants to sit through a feature length action sequence; you can swear that "it would be like twotally badash and sheet dwood", but you're only think that because you're a manchild and don't understand how dull it would be.

>how does that preclude inserting some fag wimp character? there's plenty of body horror carnage movies that do something creative and new with their MC
Preclude means "prevent". Either way, do any of those 'body horror carnage movies' have no story and no characterization? I'm thinking not.

This exactly, make it a mix between mandy and use a Hardcore Henry first person style movie with a silent protagonist

Alternatively start it as a horror movie set on mars and after the people star to get it fucked up introduce Doomguy via escape pod crashing on to the surface of the planet

Oh yeah, i forgot that piece of shit is coming out.

only thing fedora and manchild here is randomly insulting me because i disagreed with your movie idea on the internet, bud. i'm going to stop replying to you now because you seem tot think 1. i want a movie with no characterization and 120 minutes of non-stop action and 2. the only other option outside of that is gay hollywood bullshit. just go watch the Doom movie with the Rock if you want boring trash like that which nobody likes

Like what that one fag said, make it Fantasia, but with Doomguy traveling/slaughtering across hell/dimensions while Mick Gordon plays in the background

Attached: 1530857295224.jpg (597x351, 32K)

>getting butthurt about being insulted on Yea Forums
Reddit is that way, bud.

holy shit that's the art of the steelbook, got the lithograph art too?

Attached: 1551567437602.jpg (1200x492, 101K)

Attached: 1543009721198.jpg (4027x1650, 814K)

I called you a manchild because you're saying manchild shit like:
>here's what makes him sympathetic: demons from Hell want to assrape him and eat his soul and he has no choice but to live a life of ultraviolent carnage and extreme pain
Saying shit like that with a straight face is on par with baseding out over a lego deathstar.

>gay hollywood bullshit
Every good action film ever made has been made in Hollywood with hollywood cliches. For example, pretty much every good Arnie movie has a weak, talkative buddy character foil for Arnie. Stop being a contrarian faggot.

sick

chinese mobile game aesthetic

Dont listen to the other autist fedora edgelord, user.
This idea would probably work.

Bonus points when the lab rat is actually a qt who men want to protect. If she turns badass in the end, it's bonus point for stronk womyn. Everybody wins and you get comfy action kino as a result.

Somethink like John Wick but with demons would also work.

>Bonus points when the lab rat is actually a qt who men want to protect. If she turns badass in the end, it's bonus point for stronk womyn. Everybody wins and you get comfy action kino as a result.

Your idea sounds even worse than his, congratulations. The question was how to make a Doom movie not how to turn Doom into a generic action flic, because everybody already knows the answer and you are the only ones who feel smug about stating the obvious.

no dialogue

>m-muh idea of fedoras is something everyone will like because everyone is an edgelord like me!
>Proven formulas dont work, nobody likes proven formulas, people likes edge!
That's why they dont let faggots like you succeed at life.
You're a fringe case, a minority.
Please do everyone a favor and kill yourself.

Been dreaming about this since I was a child. I didn't realise the makers of Doom didn't take it seriously because I didn't speak English and only imagined the texts to be awesome stuff.

>secret facility works on teleportation
>Mars moon
>things go wrong and we find out about the true nature of our universe, and that heaven and hell are real
>loads of awesome kino theater segments as people freak the fuck out about their own faith or lack thereof
>infernal invasion begins when nobody expects it
>humans defend themselves, it's a war film
>later on, humans send death squads into hell to find a way to close the gate

So much potential. And unlike everyone else, apparently, I don't think it has to be done in a corny way at all. Plenty of very serious films dealing with hell and demons.

You sound mighty butthurt because I trashed your shitty, unimaginative idea, take a chill pill friend,
Doom is edgy as fuck, the question hypothetical. I repeat everyone knows how to turn Doom into a generic action flic that succeeds in hollywood: Love interest, talking Doom guy, strong womyn, Idris Elba in the main role. There I did it. Everyone knows these tropes and you need to be a double digit IQ to draft a storyline like that and think you said anything interesting.
Hence the hypothetical question was how to make a Doom movie that stays true to the source material and works as a movie, success at the box office is absolutely negligible because we are drafting a story that will never happen on a taiwanese basking forum, you absolute brainlet.

>Bonus points when the lab rat is actually a qt who men want to protect.
I could definitely see that working if the qt was a late teens scientist's daughter or mousey nerd girl and the relationship stayed platonic or a one sided crush on doom guy. A standard hot girl character probably wouldn't go to well though.

>a generic action flic
How dickless do you have to be to not like action flicks? I mean, come on buddy, Doom is never going to be some lame experimental art-house bullshit that appeals to nobody.

Have sex

That's three films in one.

stay butthurt

Karl Urban did Dredd...I would embrace him as doom guy.

>How dickless do you have to be to not like action flicks? I mean, come on buddy, Doom is never going to be some lame experimental art-house bullshit that appeals to nobody.

If you want a generic action flic Doom there is already a movie like that. Besides Mad Max worked as a 90 minute chase scene, it's possible but it requires a little more talent than you 4channel users spouting age old movie tropes are capable of. I guess that's why you are nobodies and not directors.

dilate.

I wouldn't have the Doomguy in it at all, instead a cast of characters including scientists and marines, etc.

by casting a woman as doomguy of course!

Attached: cybere2c243c7e7f.jpg (1445x768, 96K)

Wow she looks so tough with her 50 kg combat weight. Yass slay queen.

>If you want a generic action flic Doom there is already a movie like that.
The rock's doom has pretty much nothing in common with doom or doom guy, don't be a faggot.

>Besides Mad Max worked as a 90 minute chase scene,
None of the Mad Max films were 90 minute chase scenes.

>117557979
>butthurt
You're the one wo's assmad, kid, I'm just shitposting you.

Besides, you're autistic enough to oversee a thread and give everyone whose opinion you disagree with, a reply.
On top of that, you also samefag. Truly pathetic.

Other than being a sperglord, you have no arguiments and have proposed no "better idea" than what already works. Why dont you talk about your groundbreaking idea instead of shitting on everyone else's for a change?

Hating on action movies makes you also the worst kind of disgusting s 01-b 0y
You're a retard.

that was actually my first post in the thread

>fantasia fucking blows

Get out.

Attached: 1559834745633.jpg (1096x800, 235K)

>The rock's doom has pretty much nothing in common with doom or doom guy, don't be a faggot.

Neither does your shitty generic version, fucking lmao. Would you make up your mind now? What do you want now a movie that hits all the right buttons in hollywood or a movie that is true to the source material. Please make up your mind you are incoherent as fuck.

>None of the Mad Max films were 90 minute chase scenes.
If you say so, bud.

Attached: fury road.jpg (183x275, 18K)

>117557979

Newfags pls leave '@117558228'

>@
plebbit is that way, kid

fuck yeah demons killing civilians and marines in sadistic ways putting em on spikes hanging and cruxifying them all over, doom guy watches the body cam stream into his space landing vessel on phobos goes mad and an hour and a half of the most gore you'd ever scene in cinema history making braindead look like teletubies edge lords cumming in the theater, blood ejaculate and screams allover the place and chainsaws going run niggernigger runrun

Your stupidity is showing, bud or are you just an autist who doesn't get sarcasm?

Step one: Cast Idris Elba as doom guy
Step two: ???
Step three: Profit

your incel is showing, bud or are you just an autist who doesn't get having sex?

>Doom
>film
pick one

>I would embrace him as doom guy.

He already did and it was shit

>Neither does your shitty generic version, fucking lmao.
Jesus kid, really? It has a silent doom guy who kills demons in the mars base. The only difference is that it has a second protagonist that you can build a narrative around and give some stakes to the action with. You know, like mandy, hardcore Henry and etc? Yeah.

>Fury road was a 90 minute chase scene.
Are you really trying to shit-talk hollywood films while being this ignorant? Fury road has multiple lengthy breaks in the chase, including a fucking romance arc between one of the female side characters and the weak, talkative warboy buddy to max. So are qt female characters and fag whimp characters good or bad? Is Fury Road bad now because it has age old tropes?

No talking

Here's your Doomguy, bro

Attached: alan-ritchson-lazer-team.jpg (1200x680, 115K)

John cena as doomguy

That was not doom guy that was some shit movie with doom in the title

Hardcore Henry in hell, obviously

You have to make it a strictly action movie with little story and maybe like 3 or 4 characters tops. The movie would have to be carried on its set pieces and over the topness and the charisma/chemistry of the 4 leads

we never see doom guy face, but make him blonde and strong silent guy and show him from his back, never full frontal, when he gets the suit, see a glimpse of his face but not trying to reveal too much

Not bad

Add 50 ponds of muscle via powerlifting and he's ready

>trashing edgy ideas
>in a fucking Doom movie

I don't like the way he basically flies around some of the levels shown in the footage. Looks like playing in dev/trainer mode.

We know what he looks like so there's not really any need for it, just give him minimal dialogue and characters that he can play off of and it's fine

Attached: CE6E8FE2-DE06-4EE1-8C85-296B7B2A2A53.jpg (1651x710, 269K)

Like this but 120 minutes.
youtube.com/watch?v=omWEZI0cT1g

>I like edge

Attached: 1539435917495.jpg (297x170, 9K)

>screamo faggot music
why

S. Craig Zahler directs.
$40 million budget.
Release it on Blood Passover.

>daisy in the bg

Have doom guy not be the main character
Everybody dies except a handful of people who try to survive following the path the dooms layer takes, it's a horror film as the people tried to escape demons meanwhile doom guy is tearing ass the whole time
Like master chief's role in the newer halok games as an unstoppable entity that others look up to