Attached: Capture.png (585x821, 489K)

>not Tarantinian
cringe

How Kafkaesque

very lovecraftian

simply Lovecraftian

I prefer Tarantinian and Lynchish

When is reddit going to be added

Who even uses 'tarantinoesque' and 'kubrickian' to describe films?

I've heard kubrickian but never the other

can someone post the definitions of all three?

>Tarantinoesque
reddit
>Kubrickian
facebook
>Lynchian
Yea Forums

Rowlingesque: The type of scenario where a character can turn gay at any given time.

David Foster Wallace once wrote a piece about David Lynch. In the piece, he coined a new term: "Lynchian". Wallace described a Lynchian tone as "the unbelievably grotesque existing in a kind of union with the unbelievably banal."

He described a husband beating his 1950s housewife to death because she bought the wrong brand of peanut butter. "I told you to buy the JIF," he'd say as he's clobbering her to death. This, he said, would qualify as almost perfectly Lynchian.

I think "I Am Jazz" enters into Lynchian territory. The .webm above shows a simple domestic scene. The women look like average suburban moms. They're relaxing on the couch. One imagines they might be discussing casserole recipes when we cut to them. But it slowly dawns on us that in the living room, with placid expressions on their faces, they're talking about the woman's transvestite son's genitals.

Despite the obvious subtext and the producers' hope to normalize this horror, the average person is totally disgusted. Nevertheless, the viewer is fascinated. We're drawn further into this. The sheer naked horror of what they're saying, the blasé quality with which they're saying it, it creates this brutal paradox that almost rapes the viewer's basic sense of what is decent.

Attached: 1515652914575.webm (1408x788, 2.51M)

Orwellian!

ok but what about Lovecraftian

This whole situation is FourChanEsqueinian

Attached: kafkaesque.jpg (720x480, 45K)

I think this is very equestrian

De Palmaian

Kafkaesque

kek

Seriously, what do those words mean?

OMG! Kubrick is my favorite director and now Kubrickian is a real word?? Epic. Full metal jacket is my favorite movie btw, pic related is MY war face!!

fuck tarantula and lynch though.

Attached: 1560481226460.jpg (650x365, 41K)

How niggardly of them

underrated

Tarantino doesn't deserve it.

>Kubrickian
nobody used that word ever
>Lynchian
that's ok tho

>Oxford

Attached: shia.gif (369x268, 1.69M)

Only good director I see here is Tarantino, but fair game I guess.

THIS
Fpbp as usual

So where is my Tarantinoesque Paranormal Activity movie?

>Nolanesque

Attached: 1518182305022.jpg (728x546, 67K)

there were some films post "Pulp Fiction" that were very influenced by that movie (or at the very least were made by the studio because pulp fiction was popular...the scripts could have existed previously)
That was a long time ago though...not sure what else would be "tarantinoesque" at this point...should have been called PulpFictionary

considering the low bar of entry, maybe we can get them to add sneed to the dictionary.

i must confess i havent watched any of David Lynch's movies...seems like i should which would (You) recommend.

Mulholland Drive is pretty good entry level Lynch

sneedian and chuckesque article

look at the city slicker with his fancy new neologisms

>Tarantinoesque
>Kubrickian
I'll give them Lynchian, but these other two are a big fucking stretch.

Start with Blue Velvet. It's his most cohesive and accessiable.

>Lynchian
We did it, /tpg/ bros

>Lynchian shitposts will now be literally Lynchian
Checkmate fags

Oxford Dictionary is a bit silly

Attached: Capture.png (941x839, 176K)

>Taranintoesque
So, something is like a movie Taranto is ripping off?

They're all synonymous with shit, so it's just unnecessary bloat.

>thinking last year's meme is still relevant
Big cringe oof

this is so sneedian (formerly chuckesque)

whoosh

Kubrickian is real if you're a snooty film critic
Tarantinoesque was probably a concicse way of describing a slew of knockoffs in the wake of Pulp Fiction, but that was a while ago and Tarantino's star has faded considerably, to the point that the term is kind of pointless

Cuck'aesque

Ok so people use phrases like "it's little more tarantino" "we're going for tarantino style storytelling"
If people don't actually use -esque when refering to tarantinos style does it actually warrant a spot in a dictionary?

>Redditspeak
Big cringe

takes one to know one

Did Nolantard make it?

And what is the definition of sneed?

0 C.Y.

society

absolutely BASED Lynchian poster
can't wait for the next season of I Am Jazz

this is entirely lovecraftian

MMMmm yes yes my good man I would say this cinematic presentation was quite Nolanesque

Attached: Death of Masketta Man.webm (1280x720, 1.27M)

What about kino?

>Tarantinoesque
I get what this means but considering all his shit is ripped off from over filmmakers and he's essentially an esque in himself it's pretty funny

what about Tinokino

Attached: MMM!.webm (598x336, 2.6M)

No Gilliamesque?!

Attached: terry.jpg (400x344, 48K)

Attached: Capture.png (583x688, 53K)

MUCH better

Tarantesque

>Bloodwood
Sounds kino

Yea Forums just got LYNCHED

>tfw no kino trees where I live

basedberian

Newest HBO pr FX title

>Tarantinoesque
>rip off a foreign film from 30 years ago

>He was ashamed of his deceptions, his promotions, his pretensions of self-certainty and pride; he was sorry about his passivity, his delusions, his inability to express what he now believed was the case- that he truly regretted killing Jaron, that he missed his dick as much as anybody and wished its removal hadn't been necessary. Even as he circulated his school he knew that the smiles disappeared when he passed by. He received so many mindless encouraging tweets that he could read them without any reaction except curiosity. He kept to his Florida home all day, dilating his wound and browsing a chinese egg-timer forum, looking at his destiny in every meme and "Lynchian" pasta.

>There would be no eulogies for Jazz, no photographs of his body would be sold in tabloid rags, no people would crowd the streets in the heat to see his funeral cortege, no biographies would be written about him, no children named after him, no one would ever pay two hundred fifty dollars for an all access TLC-sponsored Premium Postmortum Pass™ to stand in the rooms he grew up in. The noose would tighten, and Jeanette would scream, but Jazz Jennings would only hang from the ceiling and look at the floor, the light going out of his eyes before he could find the right words.

too cringeriesque

We did it fellow film buffs

good scrabble words tbqh

I can't remember what book this is copied from and it's killing me.

Nigerian is already a word

Does anyone actually give a shit about the Oxford Dictionary? Like what professor is going to take you seriously if you use a cry laughing emoji in your paper?

>no uwebollian

Attached: uweboll_101230.jpg (1200x842, 78K)

tarantino is a fucking hack

God I miss the I am Jazz threads

Ok but where are the terms named after directors of color (DoC)?

Tarantino is a DoC

Just looked it up, it's from the assassination of jesse james. Unless it was taken from somewhere else first idk

Truly lynchian.

That's it.

>Yea Forumscracks stealin' our cultures again
baka

More like Exploited-exploitation, Schlockian and Pants-on-head-retardian.

Yikesian and cringepillesque

>"It's only OK when the word 'rape' is used to describe non-rape when I'M using it," and other hypocrisies of the subhuman mind.

>tfw "Tarantinoesque" is going to be used exclusively by normies to describe spaghetti westerns and shaw bros. kung fu films

Attached: 475full (1).gif (475x361, 984K)

Directors like James Cameron have a style yet its almost too subtle for normies. Meanwhile a the pleb-tier meme directors get etched into history.

No, it's more the dialogue. Not the genre of films he's directed.

I was shocked when I realized Terminator was directed by James Cameron

Oxford doesn't understand Cameroonian films

T2 was a cultural touchstone. Just like with anything else, T1 benefits a lot from whether you grew up with it or not.

T2 was also by Cameron

"Tarantinoesque" is so dumb. Tarantino doesn't have his own style, it's all just ripped off from films he saw when he was a kid.

you say tarantinoesque when you know the movie you are watching is not original at all and all the director did was getting ""influenced"" by other movies

>being a meme director parroted by clueless film buffs is all it takes to make it to Oxford's dictionary

Fucking, duh. Fucking retarded lynch fans, shitting up already horrible threads.

>it's illegitimate if it annoys me

what a tarantinoesque post. kys

>David Foster Wallace once wrote a piece about David Lynch. In the piece, he coined a new term: "Lynchian". Wallace described a Lynchian tone as "the unbelievably grotesque existing in a kind of union with the unbelievably banal."

imagine being this pretentious

Attached: 1507772072069.jpg (600x654, 35K)

I prefer that Tarantino's doesn't roll off the tongue.
It fits his extremely disjointed and retarded style of direction

Who buys Oxford anyway? This is America and we like our dictionaries written by tiny niglets named Webster.

Why pretentious? Fits the Lynch movies pretty well wouldn't you say?

His definition is homosex as well. I guess I was watching a different movie.

yeah but what Lynch is doing is Avant-Garde/Experimental filmmaking, there´s no need to make a word salad or invent a new term for what he does

lynchian my ass, i will lynch DFW´s ass in hell

>you can actually hear the "mmm!"

I prefer something more WesAndersontonian.

Attached: BillMurrayian 1151875.jpg (786x393, 60K)

I use Orwellesque rather than Orwellian because I don't like Armenians.

>Not Tarenkino

So basically when someone does a copy paste hack job, you can officially call it tarantinoesque?

Havesexesque

I have only heard of lynchian before

Very Dindunuffian of them

pretty basedian of you

Lynch's films deal much more with dream logic and the subconscious than everyday horror.

I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson

incellians

unnecessary

Discord-Trannyesque

pfft, kaurismäkeläinen has been a thing for a long time now

What IS kubrickian? Being obsessed with symmetry?

>david faggot wallace
aw, did someone stumble on baby's first literature? how cute

Jews are not PoC.

but Oxford is recommended by scholars around the world, Longman in ESL circles, Webster by fucking nobody nowhere. And with good reason.

Test

>not basedinian
>not basedilarian
>not basedrilac
>not basedelian

>not Honoré de Balzac

Attached: (b)eter 1.jpg (338x338, 18K)

It means being immeasurably based and making everything else look like stinky poopoo

So what's the official definition of those 3?

Lynchian is the only one I've ever heard and the only one that makes sense. Tarantino rips off other movies and doesn't have his own style.

what a synderian turn of events

>tarantinoesque

Attached: 2hhkr8a.png (1600x1681, 494K)

>word salad
ok ELS retard

based lynchian poster

Bodybuilding.com

>Orwellyan

>imagine ripping off other directors styles and one day people call it tarantinoesque

don't mention that evil here

Sneedian and Feedesque

formerly Chuck's

this I hear more people compare things to wes anderson than any other director

>if a scene has more than 3 minutes of dialogue, it will be described as "Tarantionesque"

Fucking hell, we all know the proper term should be Tarantinian

He went further with the analogy about the JIF peanut butter - "two policemen arrive on the scene and the man explains why he beat her to death, and the policemen actually find themselves agreeing with the man" (paraphrasing)

Chuckian

For all people that accuse Tarantino of being a hack and ripping off other directors remember:
It's not where you take thing from, it' where you take them to.

What about Lucasesque?

>It's not where you take thing from, it' where you take them to.

Attached: 1561039880120.gif (413x243, 51K)

much better

still counts as (you)