I’m confused, is Mark supposed to be in any way likeable or have any redeeming qualities whatsoever?

I’m confused, is Mark supposed to be in any way likeable or have any redeeming qualities whatsoever?

Attached: 2CE98647-B03D-4EDD-81DE-37FD09F933EA.jpg (349x445, 134K)

No
It's british comedy

it tries to make you sympathise with him at times, but no in general most people on the show are some sort of terrible cunt or another, just like real life.

no he is fully meant to be a pathetic chubby manlet who could end up being a /pol/ack with the right amount of racial hatred

If Mark and Jeremy merged. It would either create a chad, or the worst human being to ever exist.

Hi American

At least the other cunts are funny though, Jeremy and Super Hans make the show

>super Hans
>funny

Pick one.

He is the most relatable character in the show and probably the least terrible human being, but Peep Show is populated with absolute narcissists and Mark is no exception.

who shat in your crunchy nut?

What's unlikeable about him? I can quite relate to him. If anything Jez is the unlikeable one, a manchild weakling egotistical piss kidney.

Lmao, imagine unironically relating to some posh wanker virgin

Unless you are literally American Psycho tier you wont be able to relate to any of the other characters in Peep Show.

British comedy is quite often pessimistic and bleak unlike your American comedies. It doesn't need to be bright and cheerful in order to be funny, and we don't need to feel good about ourselves in order to laugh. You are supposed to relate primarily to either Mark or Jez, having sympathy for their misfortunes while still recognising that you're every bit the arse hole that they are.

American comedies on the other hand typical paint the protagonist as the hero, with many redeeming qualities, and who ultimately triumphs in some way.

Mark is not portrayed right in the show.

I mean the guy is not even a virgin for gods sake.

He's a wormy coward

Admit it. There’s a little bit of mark and jez in all of us.

Worst episode and worst character?

For me, episode with the australian girl, and dobby is awful and cringey

>has the best lines in the show
>not funny
bruv

>American comedies on the other hand typical paint the protagonist as the hero, with many redeeming qualities, and who ultimately triumphs in some way.
And wrap each show up with a monologue to explain the moral message the viewer was supposed to get.

dobby is one of the worst characters on the show

>dobby is awful and cringey
That's the point. Although at least early Dobs is awful and cringey in an endearing way. As the show goes on her character gets butchered te fuck.

I like her stupid face.

Dobby is easily the worst most cringey character in the show

Jeremy is relatable as fuck though

Get away from talking to me, lumpenprole

>watching Death of Stalin
>the woman that gives evidence against the Doctors in the Doctor's Plot looks really familiar
>look her up on imdb
>she played the attractive sister in the episode of Peep Show that Jez accidentally kills the dog and they barbecue it.

The sad thing about the Australian woman episode is that it's a pretty accurate depiction of australian women

>I'm sorry. They're Australian... they think it's funny

A character like Mark in real life would be a permanent virgin, which makes the show so unbelievable. This is irrefutable.

This isn't the first time I've heard someone say that, aussie sheilas must be insufferable

Crunchy Nut. Quite expensive, as I recall.

don't mind if I do...

Attached: images(2).jpg (274x184, 11K)

Dobby was fine until they made her a NYC hipster in the later seasons

A natural progression for her character, as she was a thirty something trying to look and act like a teenager. She had a lot in common with Jez on a surface level, probably why Jez became infatuated with her later.

same person

>insisting on naming a bar "free the pedos"
>not hilarious

dude?

>I'll be the judge of that