Attached: ber.jpg (916x1024, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dIoILN_KrhU
youtube.com/watch?v=5iAViNf9Z4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=GLg_wp0IXoI
youtube.com/watch?v=Wec6QmAZd5Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cuckoldry, for real.

Ready the manga instead. Most kino rollercoaster of all time.

Do not watch this fucking curse of a show. I thought i was way to desensitized to shit and then the final episodes of this monstrosity (by how horrifying it is, it's actually really good but fuck it) left me a goddamn mess. Spare yourself.

kino, especially music

A "villian" who did absolutely nothing wrong but becasue you see the story from the POV of some npc's he's supposed to be a bad guy.

Basically, what happens when you cannot see the bigger picture.

drop it dude. even the manga is not worth investing your feelings into. you'll just get disappointed with all the waiting.

>Griffith did nothing wrong meme

Attached: 9B422B71-34FD-48BD-A31E-2508A9B19444.gif (200x193, 2.09M)

blueball ending

>blueball ending
then blueball manga

Hiatus

Ezra Miller vs. Tom Hardy

Has the manga been completed? Years ago zi got a torrent pack of several volumes but I think it was in hiatus at that point. I never finished it but I might start reading it entirely again from the beginning if the story has an end

holy fuck you're a fag, grow up.
>he wasn't molested and abused multiple times throughout his childhood, exposed to gore videos and guro communities on the internet when he turned 8 years old complete desensitising him
only zoomer kids will remember

Attached: skull.jpg (720x1347, 78K)

manga has been going on since like 1985 and still isn't even close to ending

its great. read the manga afterwards while listening to the ost.

Attached: 1562033056891.jpg (640x845, 80K)

live-action when?

Attached: hunter schafer griffith.jpg (900x1350, 141K)

pretty fucked up shit

Damn...was afraid of that. Did the author write himself into a corner? Why so many hiatuses?

Terrible adaptation of great source material.

>Why so many hiatuses?

one man with meticulous art has been drawing the same series for 30 years

Writing's fine. It's taking forever because the artwork is of ridiculous quality, and the author keeps making it more and more detailed with each chapter and has no interest in downgrading for the sake of speeding up releases.

Attached: berserk-2460207.jpg (1200x856, 291K)

Very detailed artstyle, arguably top5 in terms of detail in current manga. Miura also switched to digital art, which somewhat increased the pace of his work, but some argue that it was to the detriment of the art quality. Furthermore the burnout and insane working schedules in japanese manga are no secret, see togashi.

From what I remember, Miura also doesn't rely on assistants that much, thus most of his work is 100% his own.

Just treat yourself and read it. The first 2,5 volumes are a bit iffy in terms of art but then, there's a flashback arc where it gets kino.

if you want to check similiar manga, check vinland saga (completed, vikings) or vagabond (unfinished, but amazing- basically Edo period samurai)

>Has the manga been completed
Not even close and Miura had produced one(1) chapter drawn almost entirely by assistants in the past year

>The first 2,5 volumes are a bit iffy in terms of art
It's crazy how big of a bump in quality the series gets when the Golden Age arc starts. I couldn't believe my eyes by the time the Conviction art started. Crazy how someone can maintain that level of quality for so long.

I finished the anime and longed for more...couldn't believe it ran for such a short time. I felt insulted with those terrible remakes with all the awkward overuse of CGI. What kind of cashgrab was that

How about you just watch the fucking show?

Do you wanna watch it or not? Fucking hell.

The reason is that every single page is drawn with this level of detail.

Attached: berserk dragon.jpg (1774x1280, 855K)

yeah, that's why I urge many to stay reading. Never had heard of anyone who quit as soon as golden age started.

For reference, this is a small panel from a manga he did, when he was allegedly 10-12 years old. I wouldn't call myself a great artist or art expert, but this really looks like the work of a prodigy.

Attached: miura.jpg (640x549, 165K)

What the 1997 anime and the 3 movie remakes.
Then start the manga until its actual last chapter
3D anime doesn't exist

Just don’t think it’s possible fren

however I think I’d make a good guts for real since lifting is going well

I can believe it. The Berserk Prototype was much higher quality than the initital Black Swordsman arc. He's incredibly skilled. Giganto Maxia is some of his best work, artwork-wise.

He's 1 guy drawing a story over decades, over time I imagine interests and passions change quite drastically. Usually it's a passion thing. Everyone wants to see the end, while he lost his direction years ago.

Never. According to the official guidebook, Guts is 6'7, 265 lbs of raw muscle, and his sword weighs more than he does. Live action would be retarded.

Even in the official material hasn’t his height varied quite a lot?
Shortest being 6’2 all the way up to 6’8

I mean there are huge hunks of meat like The Mountain in GOT, but one would be hard pressed to find an actor that could properly convey the emotional heft of guts.

Best bet would be someone like Dave Bautista or Tom Hardy.

>Bautista
>capable of acting
I love how you brush the guy who played the mountain away but assume that faggot that played a dipshit character in a children's movie and then had a five minute cameo in BR is somehow capable of acting with anything close to emotion.

Attached: 1291843214567.jpg (621x478, 33K)

i dont know, some recent chapters look worse. people often blame the fact that he switched to digital.

Attached: 1562001007154.jpg (341x512, 23K)

Guts' physique isn't achievable, especially not by a good actor who also looks like him and doesn't dedicate his life to lifting. Live action is always shit. We don't want it.

Attached: Guts.jpg (1024x860, 261K)

The deluxe volumes look soooo good. I wish they would pick up the pace on releasing them.
I want to reread golden age and lost children but going back to scans feels like such a downgrade now.

I feel like there’s potential with Tom hardy but you’d need to do some serious forced persepectivd to capture guts’ stature

there are actors who are as swole but very few are over 2 meters and have a jaw that looks like a sledgehammer.

Attached: wolverine.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Why not king of facepulls

Attached: C06F4B31-3302-4826-818E-20CEB5C11E80.jpg (650x850, 41K)

No I like Björnsson very much, but he is primarily a very physical actor without say the charisma of Arnold. Bautista isn't ideal but the closest thing we have of acting/physical prowess. While I'm not the biggest fan of GOTG, many actually praised his Drax performance - the quippyness is mostly script/tone but otherwise he could work, but as stated would only be the next best thing.

Otherwise there's no one else around currently. Hardy would be too small and would need to pack serious meat, more than his Bane in order to become a contender. So you end up with needing to cast a (semi-pro bodybuilder/powerlifter with acting talent, which in itself narrows down the field to very very few, unless you consider The Rock to be a serious actor, which would be laughable, at least for the material.

Casting this whole thing would be unenvyable, very much so that it would be almost impossible, if fans expectations and source material are kept in mind.

Try Yoel Romero, but with 60 lbs more mass.

Attached: yoel romero.jpg (1952x1024, 183K)

One would need to fuse arnold and tom hardy and pump in some more roids to pull it off, but considering how dogshit anime adaptations are turning out to be, I wouldn't be shocked if someone cast some ezra miller looking twink as guts

Ngl senpai I always thought he’d be the perfect Griffith

This. Then maybe watch the 1997 anime it’s the only good one.

Ova movies are entertaining but lack a lot of substance

Berserk will never get a satisfying ending

Have faith my child

Depression.
An underdog character who you will feel bad about all the horrible shit that happens to him.
An antagonist that is up there with ozymandias.
Not getting a conclusion.

Attached: 1421622286436.gif (272x200, 267K)

>Next chapter is going to be Rickert and the giganiggas
>We're still years away from Guts/Caska reunion

Attached: 9C993B4B-D2F9-45A5-8BE7-8ED99FEA53B5.jpg (478x324, 46K)

He should just continue the series with stick figure art and get it over with.

You'll get hooked by the ending, then want to immediately jump into the manga, get caught up in a week at most, and then get stuck in the same hiatus hell some of us have been suffering through for at least a decade or more.

The greatest OST of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=dIoILN_KrhU

Does Miura just not know what to do now, and is just stalling for time? That's the impression that I get. At least he hasn't just straight up given up like GRRM.

Attached: miura.jpg (720x706, 42K)

What am I in for?
Hai Yai Forces

>0 in 2013

Jesus, I think that must have been during one of those periods where I made myself forget that Berserk even existed, just to numb the pain.

'Member a year or two back when the manga was supposed to become monthly?

Attached: 1558853170227.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

Listening to the anime ost while reading the manga is the best way to experience berserk.

Agreed.

youtube.com/watch?v=5iAViNf9Z4Y

Grasses and weird music youtube.com/watch?v=GLg_wp0IXoI

everything went wong

Attached: 1385241836056.jpg (283x397, 16K)

Watch the outtakes too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wec6QmAZd5Y

If I remember correctly Idolmaster first released in 2007

So who will play white Donovan?
Since you know black people are a race that cant do no wrong like raping a child.

I can't wait for the live action adaptation.

Attached: mgot-header-s2-dave-dan-1024x576_720.jpg (720x405, 239K)

Everyone ITT is mentioning the undisputable quality of the art, while also forgetting that it's public record that Miura spent (spends?) an absurd amount of time playing videogames, Idolmaster of all things.

Is idolmaster really that good?

An anime that doesn't drag on for an eternity.

sounds based

>A "villian" who did absolutely nothing wrong
He jeopardized all he worked towards for his entire life just so he could feel manly for a moment after having been metaforically castrated by his homo crush.
He was a fucking dumbass.

It makes me wonder how contracts work for mangakas. You'd think that the publisher would have him move his ass to have an at least constant output but evidently it's not like this. unless it's just because they keep adapting golden age as if nothing else has ever been done.

I'm thinking it's a Japan thing, where everyone's too respectful and polite toward anyone with half a semblance of clout.

phenomenal origin story with a long ass story that has high, highs and low, lows.

I'm sure Miura just got lucky that berserk is THIS successful

God-tier OST

Maybe 10 years ago

If you look at , you can see that there was a time where he was a fucking workhorse, but I'm guessing that either the continuous schedule with the ridiculously high standard set for the art burned him out to where he doesn't care anymore, or he's just tapped out of ideas.

Hello fellow 20 year old Ben Shapiro utilitarian fangoy!

I don't blame him for not caring anymore, he's been writing the same story for 20 years now.
People change a lot in that amount of time, there's no way someone would still be interested in writing the same type of story he started that long ago.
I'll always wonder what the conclusion of berserk would have been like if he had finished it back when he was still an edgelord.

An existential crisis

Hahahahahahahaha.

I'm depressed

They're still on the boat, in spirit.

Watch Berserk 1997 first. I'm glad I did. The "read manga first" people don't make any sense to me.

same, should still read it eventually though

Why even watch the animes? Even the first one barely covers anything. Might as well go straight to the manga.

Anime*. Berserk 1997 has good voice acting and a godly soundtrack, with beautiful colored still shots. And normalfags are more likely to appreciate anime so it's the safer recommendation.

Also, the anime cuts out characters I consider mostly superfluous given where 1997 ends. When they go back to read the manga they'll have new content to enjoy.

I still don't get why they didn't get Canna to do Guts again in the movies and for that 3d bullshit series. Not a big deal since both are shit and there is no reason to watch either, but still.

Berserk and Vinland Saga tell pretty much the same story, but VS does it better

>Do not watch this fucking curse of a show. I thought i was way to desensitized to shit and then the final episodes of this monstrosity (by how horrifying it is, it's actually really good but fuck it) left me a goddamn mess. Spare yourself.

Attached: 1516047521946s.jpg (221x250, 8K)

When did Vinland Saga get completed? Last I saw it was War in the Balkans, or trying to sell horns in Greece or something. Did Thorfinn die?

raep

Poor Miura. I'd like to see what else he can do, I really enjoy these fantasy DnD style anime. Berserk, Goblin Slayer, even Overlord or some older Isekai (dot hack, Aura Battler). Seems like a thin genre though.

Thankyou for your contribution, here’s the (you) you wanted

Same bro, gonna be frickin epic!

Attached: dabid.png (879x589, 620K)

He stopped making Berserk a few years ago and released Gigantomakhia. It's releases is why Berserk's were so slow for a time. The manga involved suplexing bug men, giant monster wrestling and drinking loli pee. Give it a shot.

Attached: IMG_3240.jpg (250x351, 25K)

He started releasing Gigantomakhia that year. A series with art just as good as Berserk.

Attached: IMG_3241.jpg (1280x906, 482K)

this. manga+anime ost is the most kino way to experience it. I personally believe that the manga is better appreciated after seeing the anime, especially with the somewhat clunky first few chapters

essential reddit-core

The point of the Eclipse is that Griffith never betrayed his character, he only doubled down. He had always had other men sacrifice their lives for his dream, enemy soldiers and his own. It was no different than having sacrificed the Hawk on the battlefield. It's what the gimp demon with the little glasses shows him in his hallucination.
All he did was reveal his true character.

>
well put nigga

The first episode/arc is Sword & Sorcery as fuck and a personal favorite of mine.

>Has the manga been completed?

Attached: CA4ABA54-05F9-4709-9BAC-41EE1F8390EA.gif (500x280, 908K)

>Griffith didn’t nothing wrong
based retarded poster

Wow, you really are a faggot...

You are doing yourself a disservice if you don't read the manga first

accomplished its goal of getting me to check out the manga but it also just made me wish they just kept the show going

this is it. essentially, griffith was manipulated into understanding that all who were sacrificed would've gladly and likely died for him on the battlefield. so their outcome of eventual death would be the same, but sacrificing them now would change his own outcome by giving him the means to achieve his dream through his rebirth.

what the godhand didn't tell him was how the difference of sacrifice for them would be eternal damnation and suffering in the river of souls, as opposed to the peace a natural death gives. so you could argue that griffith made the decision without that in mind and did nothing wrong as he knew it

>from the POV of some npc's he's supposed to be a bad guy
you fucking idiot, the show went out of its way to show griffith's POV too. whose POV was it when we saw griffith dreaming of retirement with caska becoming his caretaker, or his inner narrative of what's happening to his band during the eclipse and how detached he feels to their suffering and death?

sacrificing his entire band for his ambition was in character, but what's the deal with raping caska in front of guts? how did that fit his "true character"