Mad Magazine to cease publication

Warner Bros. will shutter Mad Magazine effective immediately as part of cost-cutting drive initiated by the corporate parent AT&T.

Attached: mad.jpg (774x988, 247K)

Did you read Mad prior to this news?

It wasn't already?

Damn, it was still going?

>Mad Magazine
Why don't we call it Everybody Hates Raymond?

Attached: 1166957.jpg (640x480, 51K)

truly shocking. it's amazing there are any magazines left at all.

Why don't we call it Everybody Loves Sneed?

What? Them? Worry?

Don't do it anons. I know you want to, it's so easy. You'll get that dopamine rush, but please exercise some restraint, you'll feel proud if you do.

the fuck is a magazine monkaS

It was for the boomers. I imagine Sports Illustrated has like 4 years at most. These were based though.

Attached: IMG_1354_1400x.jpg (1400x1400, 380K)

RIP (ya scary bastard!)

Attached: mad_up_the_academy_31.jpg (1505x630, 237K)

Goofus>Galant

>TRUMP (OF COURSE)

I laughed.

Yes unironically

They even had those in high school library

everything is already a parody of itself so it's redundant

When their building gets destroyed and one of them says "I actually feel better" I always found that really funny for some reason

Such comfy illustrations. I can't remember if I used to keep mine.

weird, i was just thumbing through a new issue a couple weeks ago at a gas station

Where they still funny?

This. Why mock a clown world? Honk honk

>when you gotta go to the doctor
>but you get out of school early and they have highlights and I-Spy

>I-Spy
Absolutely based.

Attached: 51EqAXqTdDL._SX364_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (366x499, 46K)

Mad's Fad and Sad

now that's the shit

Formerly Nit's

Yeah. It's still shitpost-y humor that isn't afraid to take swings at democrats and other libs and a lot of the visual gags are excellent.

F

Attached: 1562215354927.jpg (4876x3151, 3.6M)

>first panel, background
heh...

Kinda sucks but at the same time, I haven't read Mad in 7 years. It was fun as a kid but everytime I saw it in newstands in the past 3 years it seemed to just be Trump jabs. Youth print is going to die before other publications, so this is a sign of the times. Still sad considering the it's legacy including Spy vs Spy, Sergio's guide and the late Dave Berg.

Its because New York satirists deserve unemployment, suffering and more.

i don't realize how genuinely well known outside of youtube/Yea Forums/internet in general they are a lot of the time.

Well, at the same time Noone was buying it so one can understand why they were going for easy sales like making fun of trump.

I fucking hated their movie parodies, they were the worst part of the rag. The B&W one's you'd get in the Mad Classic issues were fine and surprisingly held up, but every one 1990's onward was the same shit. Goofy names, actors being bored, no-one wants to be there, wrap the movie up, sex joke, more whacky names and plot holes, worse than cinema sins. Everything else in the magazine had its place and a laugh, but these terrible movie parodies are the real reason Mad died.

Yeah print is dead. They should just make a twitter or instagram where they shitpost some comics daily.

MAD hasn't sold for years. The vast majority of magazines are dying or dead already

F

>buying magazines past the year 2000

Why write for MAD when The Onion is more prestigious and even offers future writing career paths outside of just comedy writing?

I'm trying buddy but they aren't returning my emails. I'm stuck writing for the Hard Times over here!

I still deliver a bit of these in the mail. Never once delivered a MAD.

the fuck?
mad operated for years without advertisements on its sales alone
how do you fuck that up

>wheres waldo for plebs
this is peak amerifat right here

They had a volatile audience of teenagers and this generation doesn't read.

yikes and oofpilled

Attached: 1561282382645.jpg (1024x576, 30K)

Mad holds out the prospect of an easy living for slight effort by being so fucking repetitive.

>Trump (of course)
post some of their Trump jokes.

I miss puzzlemania

>cost-cutting
The real reason they are getting rid of it is racist caricatures like this Mad has been doing for decades.

Attached: O LAWD IS DAT SUM WATERMELUNZ.png (232x311, 155K)

sneed

best thing to read waiting for the
dentist

Attached: Goofus And Gallant 4.jpg (1600x785, 256K)

@117552313

Cringe multiqouter

GET WOKE GO BROKE
BWAHAHAHAHA!

Comedy is officially dead in 2019

>they were going for easy sales
it was just virtue signalling. and lack of creativity.

almost every page was about drumpf, that's why everyone got tired of it

Based.

add MAD to the trump curse image

Comedy is racist.

I work in a library and these got borrowed a lot.
Shame.

In the early '80s, but not in the current year of our Lord. I flip through it at the grocery store occasionally. It's five ficking dollars now.

I only liked these for the part where they make something every issue. I can't remember anything specific.

MAD was Yea Forums for boomers.

Bastards!

>Trump
yeah I'm glad it's getting shuttered

like cracked did 15 years ago

Fuck these liberal rags that talk shit about The Don. Fucking hate them with a passion

MAD Magazine was hyper BASED and one of the best American institutions. My favorite thing about MAD is they never really cucked to the SJW faggotry, they attacked and made fun of everyone. I loved that. Sad to see them go, I had a subscription for over ten years. First thing I did when I left my parents house as a kid was get a subscription to MAD.

>part of a cost cutting initiative by AT&T
What the fuck costs do they need to cut with how much fucking revenue they bring in?

MAD never really obsessed on Trump. At least not more so than Obama who they fucked with relentlessly. I felt they were the one institution to resist SJW faggotry.

I'd lose my shit if someone did a Chad vs Virgin variant with Goofus and Gallant.

Six!

Trump Curse.

This is fucking terrible. I used to love Mad at the 90's / early 00's and if this is what it is today, good fucking riddance.

>tfw every magazine you used to read in the 90's/early 2000's is fucking dead
>tfw will never go to Books-A-Million on a hot summer day and pick up a copy of Mad Magazine, Shonen Jump and Nintendo Power along with a pack or two of Yugioh cards again

Attached: image.jpg (388x500, 57K)

>tfw will never go to Books-A-Million on a hot summer day and pick up a copy of Mad Magazine, Shonen Jump and Nintendo Power along with a pack or two of Yugioh cards again
Normal people never did that anyway, nerd.

The final nail in MAD's coffin was when they switched to bi-monthly.

Fun people did.

They've been making jabs at Trump since the '70s, in addition to always making jabs at current politics. You trumptards have to make everything about you. You also expect, since the retard somehow made it into office, that suddenly all media should cease calling your dear leader bad names.

>where’s Waldo but with variety and riddles
>this is somehow bad

My grandpa gave me a box of his mad magazines from the mid 90s. i read those religiously and always lost my shit even though I didnt get half the references as a kid

F

SAY IT LOUD
SAY IT PROUD

GET WOKE
GO BROKE

GET WOKE
GO BROKE

GET WOKE
GO BROKE

Every time. It's real easy people. Pander to those with money, not the anticapitalists

Why look at paper when you have a screen that makes noises in the palm of your hand?
>I'd rather give my money directly to the booth whore that shoves things up her ass in front of a web-cam.

Wait the RLM crew made it into MAD Magazine?

Yeah haha they barely make fun of him haha

Get woke go broke bitch

Attached: trump.png (811x379, 470K)

I used to have a subscription. I'd buy then every now and then after, but they stopped carrying it in the magazine aisle of the local grocery store so I never saw it

Bruh literally every issue of theirs for the past two years has had him on the cover, if that isn't creative bankruptcy I don't know what is.

>Yeah haha they barely make fun of him haha
He didn't say they barley made fun of him

How dare they insult daddy like this.

Attached: 1542699203920.jpg (1200x1164, 218K)

Welcome to the beginning of late stage capitalism.

Fuck off back 2 reddit normie

>grandpa
>mad magazines
>from the mid 90s
When the fuck were you born? Yesterday?

GET WOKE
GO BROKE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Attached: banana3.png (643x683, 821K)

Welcome to Capitalism. Corporations are a living entity and you have a moral obligation to make the most money possible

But yet your leaders will kick and scream about anything that goes against pure Capitalism. Capitalism is a creeping poison on the world

>imagine white knighting for Trump
Absolute state of Trumptards!

>isn't it ironic that some kikes created some shity mad sketch with some genx rejects in background
>who's more pathetic mad magazine those 2 kikes or RLM?

Attached: soy-filledBOOMER_GospelRLM.png (1018x1760, 1022K)

I only remember the Pokemon spoof comic where Jessie had some serious underboob. I rubbed out a few to it in the back of the library.

Chapo Traps please go

What are you talking about

Sometimes I forget that MAD got me into my enjoyment of lewd drawings, I always liked the women that Sergio Aragones drew.

Attached: image.jpg (825x600, 95K)

and mocking 56% handicapped burger kids is not the yr 2019

Attached: Capture.jpg (300x484, 32K)

Politifags fuck off, you destroyed the last thread

Teen trannies are in though

Attached: Capture.jpg (265x284, 17K)

hey, they broke, not me (just got my tax cut too! :)

Also Monroe's mom was a total MILF

Attached: image.jpg (1235x1586, 390K)

everything's political now, do some coping

Now if AT&T could just stop publishing DC Comics. Maybe at least fire Didio and the idiots running the shit show, give the books a hiatus before a proper reboot not created by the morons who have run these classic characters into the ground. I haven't bought a new DC book in years. Only buy old issues and trades from decades ago.

Attached: Jim Lee Geoff Johns (22).jpg (225x225, 17K)

A cousin who does freelance writing ended up writing some stuff for Highlights including some Goofus and Gallant.

I did in the 80s. My cousin had stacks. I still wish I could roll up on a yard sale that used to sell boxes of them or even the coveted board game.

Good.

That's from Up the Academy. I havent seen that in about 30 years.

>tfw actually have that board game at home after finding it in great condition for $15 at an antique store
I should really play it this weekend in the Usual Gang of Idiots' honor.

Attached: image.jpg (1496x1500, 476K)

That brings back a lot of memories. Last time I found it was in a Seattle goodwill in 1993.

We need more shitpost board games instead of all these weak swear word card games millenials are obsessed with.

Your a poison on the world.
Capitalism has increased quality of life for everyone on this planet tenfold.
Even the poorest people in capitalist societies live better than any surf or peasant has throughout history.
You people just seem upset to me because your not good at capitalism and others have more money that you, like a crying child.

I heard they're still gonna be producing magazines, but they'll all be re-issues of their older magazines.

I read and collected mad, cracked, and car-toons! Anybody remember Car-Toons?

"The Lighter Side Of" was based

Attached: image.jpg (1150x406, 134K)

Found the upset Bernie supporter

Lets not forget how awesome Mad TV was though

Attached: messy_lame.jpg (1000x467, 163K)

weebs eternally blown the heck off

How's that Trump Derangement Syndrome treating you?!

Reminder that in the middles ages peasants had a third of the year free from work for church mandated holidays and Sundays and here in the US wagies are made to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

How's the wall coming? Think he'll pull inauguration size crowds for his parade in the red square, or will people want to show up?

>that changing of the Team Rocket catchphrase
10/10

Fun story. Mexico used to have it's own version of MAD. It had both translated material and unique comics made specially for this version. (I recomend looking up Vinny Dog of balbuena).
Around 2010 it lost some of its better creators and went down hill readly badly.
For the 110th issue one guy got the cover tattoed on his back.

Next Issue the magazine was cancelled.

Attached: MAD.png (333x422, 351K)

S

the zoomers are winning

Attached: lil zoom.gif (652x562, 392K)

Que? Yo Preocuparme?

>tfw no biopic on the original Usual Gang Of Idiots despite all having kino backgrounds and getting into crazy shenanigans at MAD's office
Feels bad man, Antonio Prohias alone would make for a really fascinating movie with his escape from Castro's regime in Cuba.

Attached: image.jpg (295x397, 44K)

Holly shit, you are totally rigth.
Didn't he pissed off castro so hard he was kicked out of cuba, then proceded to piss him off even more?
Aragones was also a great dude.

For me it was Geronimo Stilton

Attached: A6C8B82F-7E04-401E-AEAE-5E1682F0453F.jpg (827x1200, 81K)

Yep, the guy shitposted so hard that he got kicked out and kept doing it even after the fact.
He was the original Fuck Jannies poster.

Based mailman. Enjoy your day off

>For the 110th issue one guy got the cover tattoed on his back.
>Next Issue the magazine was cancelled.
It actually got cancelled because of that tatoo, because the "guy" was actually a minor.

Yep.

I miss it

Attached: spyvsspy.jpg (1920x1080, 109K)

I did in the 90's and I used to love all their movie parodies. Problem was that they always sort of ruined the actual movie for you.

Their issue for Star Wars was good

Attached: img326.jpg (1274x1600, 743K)

Schyzo

Cringe

?

>triggered

Mad never had a right-wing slant, you dumb shit.

Props to MAD for lasting longer than 99.9% of magazines.

Back in the 80's and early-mid 90's, they were really great.

>Ham Yoyo

kek

based

this shit made me detective tier in sight

Formerly Loves
Suck on it

Didn't knew that part of the story.
Makes it funnier to me.
I mean I loved to magazine but if it's going to die anyways, at least we got a good story out of it.

Attached: large.jpg (800x450, 61K)

>the guy who did fucking Clarrisa actually drew RLM once

Now that would be a weird crossover

Posts like this are why I too larp as the side I disagree with to make them look as bad as possible

Soon.

>they don't remember Luke training on the Falcon doing the same
>they think it's okay the Force is pick up and use
Why are they shilling for tfa?

Attached: sad_boys.jpg (1920x796, 433K)

Get _______ Go ________

I used to have a subscriptions in 2010. It was ok then, I liked the illustrations. Look at an issue two years ago and it was literally just muh Drumpf and satirizing the latest fad that'll die out in two weeks. I am reading an American Splendor anthology now and it makes me wonder if the advent of the internet and PCs hadn't occurred if we'd be stuck in the 80s culturally speaking. Entertainment took a nose dive in the late 90s, including Mad.

If National Lampoon could have one, there's no reason for not doing one for MAD

out of the way plebs, true masterpiece coming through

Attached: 1555582163151.png (600x900, 1.46M)

The board game is hilarious and perfect! Played it for the first time a couple weeks ago and loved it. I fucking love MAD Magazine so much. This is a very sad day.

I don't get it

The overarching narrative of why they were time travelling got really weird in the later books from what I remember.

For me it was a particular Borders that seemed to have every magazine known to man
Wizard, Comics Journal, Comics Scene, Doctor Who Magazine, usually some Official Movie Magazine for a big movie I actually cared about, video game magazines
Plop down on bed with three inch stack of magazines and comics and read them all cover to cover without realizing I’ll never be this happy again

My library had a subscription so I'd walk down there to read it and sit in the AC.
Poverty kino.

Good.

>work with caricaturists
>have no fucking idea what they're supposed to do if a black person asks for one because of how god damn touchy they are

I jerked off to that one where Monroe fucks his cousin when I was like ten.
Good times.

>going to Borders and seeing Haruhi plushies and reading ToyFare

Take me back to at least 2010

GET WOKE GO BROKE DUMB ASSHOLES HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Attached: 716F2592-9A6A-475F-A229-EA412BE59C1D.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

I did NOT expect this nostalgia
Fuck youuuuuu

I used to read a lot of Mad magazine and they actually had some really clever writers and some spoofs were almost genius level, but the rest thought pimples/farts/snot/puns=comedy and those jokes got tiring really fast. Even on here brapping was a temporary joke that rarely gets dredged up any more, whereas in Mad magazine it was a 40 year long joke.

I guess in a way the Mad was a lot like Yea Forums: an occasionally funny or even intelligent joke surrounded by a sea of purile and unfunny shit.

I only buy magazines when I go to the beach, it’s like a ritual

Last I checked your rag is the one going out of business. So much for your anti-capitalist position fag.

I suppose it was inevitable but fuck me this is still depressing.

>>>r/t_d

>WHY DOES THE MAGAZINE THAT MAKES FUN OF IMPORTANT PULIC FIGURES MAKES FUN OF THE CURRENT U.S. PRESIDENT!!?!!?!!!1!!?!

Attached: MAD-Magazine-Your-Candidate-My-Candidate_5458ff71d1b6b0.05410374.jpg (585x1200, 227K)

>tfw illustrator and it was always my dream to get a cartoon in Mad
Never happen now dang

Attached: mad198printid.jpg (695x949, 148K)

Becuase they are clearly one sided and never mock the liberals.

Attached: MAD_546_AntiTrump_Rant720size_s878x567.jpg (878x567, 129K)

>that morning joe
top kek

There was a time when I could have told you what story most of those squares on the board came from. This thread is nothing but sad nostalgia for me. RIP Mad.

Attached: og_brap_master.png (228x220, 73K)

wrong pic, i'm a retard

Attached: vLKEblZNS0NEdUot3k1jEjnb-Hjz1iE8RB3XXWDvzG0cfSz5e_X5Y_K5KsMTVKEKrFPYwekPA_TFR59aZEDopFYYNH0AS6yRHHcw (1600x1034, 516K)