Nu-Hellboy

It's so fucking bad.

Attached: nuboy.jpg (1583x890, 473K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stanwinstonschool.com/blog/hellboy-behind-the-scenes-special-makeup-effects-designer-joel-harlow-interview
youtube.com/watch?v=07-VvcsrUIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

at least it's not (((pearlman)))
fuck that libtard with TDS

WE WILL FIGHT MONSTERS!

It was horrendous to every degree. the fact that the visual effects were well made just adds insult to injury because it just means people worked hard on this piece of shit. I once saw a thread of anons talking about how it was great, I hope they're bullied mercilessly in school because God knows they're tasteless underaged retards.

YO

the practical stuff was ok but the cg was mostly ass

It was good. Funner than any resident evil movie though it the same formula of series of action scenes. Giants fight was great, so was the gruaghagh .

YO

Didn't this have a controversy where they replaced that guy from Deadpool because he was playing a chink?

bluray out yet?

I'd still prefer Pearlman, he was a far better Hellboy.

Can't tell if this is bait, but here goes: you do know that David Harbour has a mad case of TDS as well?

Attached: 60A07B3B-E451-4FE8-9463-4FDC1C558651.jpg (472x755, 91K)

Attached: 451B1CF8-57BF-460A-BF3C-AA663D483AB0.jpg (1200x1800, 288K)

Attached: 8596FA77-13A7-41A9-9ED2-63906E8D408C.jpg (1199x800, 110K)

Attached: 91E6EACC-FA1C-465A-A333-0EDC260217D7.jpg (609x500, 65K)

stanwinstonschool.com/blog/hellboy-behind-the-scenes-special-makeup-effects-designer-joel-harlow-interview

Attached: D499E933-A0BB-43CF-9645-19E43EDA9B53.jpg (2000x1174, 2.04M)

Pig guy was only good part

Attached: DEA1CE67-0A1B-4B17-B025-B7313A33BECB.jpg (2000x618, 1.37M)

Attached: C9ADAE26-8FBC-4532-BE86-2E627B4F51E4.jpg (2200x1020, 1.45M)

This film was ruined in the editing room, you can tell that the skeleton of a good movie is there but these oddly paced scenes, weird timeline and jarring cuts made it really bad

Most fucked up thing about all this is Neil Marshall is probably pretty much done as a big movie director. What a shitshow.

Attached: B0BA6F1D-E040-4B87-B5B6-E317E0951899.jpg (1571x1440, 363K)

I feel the same way about the earlier films

I feel you’re a pinhead

OH NO I CAN'T ENJOY HELLBOY OR DRIVE ANYMORE BECAUSE OF SOME CRINGY TWEETS, WAAAAHHH

So is reading Hellboy just every Hellboy story and then every BPRD story?
Mignola’s artwork is amazing, but I have no genuine interest in the story; so I’d be fine with skipping to the Abe solo story or whatever if it has the best art.

Lil' Ronnie might not be the sharpest bulb in the crayon box but he was ten times better at being Hellboy.

>the cg was mostly ass
CGI engine is from 2005

Only reason ill watch it.

sex. seeing the killed and butchered kids in the background in jubaba's castle was pretty grim

how does he aim?

God she's so fucking hot bros

Attached: 1435818933215.jpg (1274x1736, 163K)

too skinny

Maybe he toed the line and saw a doomed project through to completion hopefully keeping some suits happy enough to back his next project. He really deserves better.

I never really know how to take these "it was good in comparison to this thing that was awful on almost every level" critiques of movies.

post pics of the hacker girl who helps hellkid

He's just trying to look jaded and cool. I know it comes off as forced and uninteresting.

you're as stupid as people who refuse to watch polanski movies just because he's a serial child rapist. you're at opposite ends of the political spectrum but equally retarded.

Start with the early hellboy story's. Those are drawn by Mike I think. (and the story is good too).

I can't wait to see the derangement syndrome you guys get when we win in 2020.

It's okay, daddy Kavanaugh will have the roofies to keep you calm.

YO LIL DONNY

I liked it. It was basically any capeflick nowadays with some supernatural edge. Giant fight was kino, Lovecraftian apocalypse monsters were kino, Hellboy questioning killing Demons and witches was kino. It's between a 5-6 / 10

pig guy and baba yaga was good the rest is trash...

LIL DONNIE

youtube.com/watch?v=07-VvcsrUIE

They need to make a film about the evil of liberals.

Call it... Hellcucks

First, it's "more fun"
Second, don't do that

Angry Robert Baratheon.PNG

>he thinks there's a chance trump won't win
lmao

Legendary AF

Based

Look at how they massacred my Hellboy

I honestly can't understant what was so bad.
I see everyone says it's bad, it;s trash, it's disaster. But tell me, why?

look at what they did to mah boi

>Every single important plot point happens out of the blue, because of sheer convenience
The best example is: The movie makes a massive deal out of Hellboy giving up Excalibur, only for him to collapse through the floor 10 minutes later and find Excalibur.
>The plot premise is retarded
The villain has the most generic "kill all humans" plan, but has no established way of accomplishing it - she just walks around killing people.
>Absolutely zero development for ANY characters
The main villain has like 5 minutes of screen time, half of which are spent during a lore dump in a fucking flashback. Hellboy has two sidekicks which we're supposed to care about (I think), but we literally don't know anything about them, apart from some generic, cardboard cutout backstories. There's also zero chemistry between the main cast.
>Dialogue makes marvel movies seem like highbrow literature
Dull quips with zero creativity and probably some of the worst joke timing I've seen, with blatant exposition in-between.
I could go on about uninspired cinematography, dreadful, weightless action scenes, horrible pacing and nonsensical editing, however I'd be putting in more effort into this post than went into this movie.

The only good thing about the entire movie were the costumes, environments and demon designs at the very end, quite literally the only aspect of the movie that had passion and creativity put into it.

what is TDS?

It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that great. It was fun, dumb action schlock with some nice visuals. Obviously it doesn't compare to Del Taco's Hellboy though.

>It wasn't that bad
Please name a single movie you consider to be "bad".

What, the pig?

'Trump Derangement Syndrome', a term invented by the people who thought Obama was a secret communist Muslim Brotherhood agent.

Attached: Hellboy.2019.HC.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO.avi_snapshot_01.47.42.496.png (720x304, 368K)

if the nigger had been replaced by a hot blonde bimbo it would've elevated the movie to pure fun shlock instead of "we tried to be woke but ended up boring.

Rent free my guy

Attached: a5CaqSQ.jpg (451x604, 65K)

God I want to fuck that pig

Quick, before it's deleted

I meant Milla, you furry faggot.

McShane also sucked,he took this movie too seriously and had no good lines.Hellboy 1's father was waaaay better

Attached: Hellboy.2019.HC.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO.avi_snapshot_01.49.36.010.png (720x304, 254K)

Disgusting.

neat

>the fact that the visual effects were well made just adds insult to injury

Very much this. It’s the Star Trek Discovery thing where things looked good, effort was made, and it’s the ‘easy’ bit with story and characters that’s complete garbage.

The CGI was spotty but I actually liked the pigman character, it was very animated, fluid. Lots of expression put into the face. Clearly some animator gave a shit there.

In contrast Hellboys practical mask was too stiff to give him decent face movement.

What a goddamn waste.

>source: trust me bros

They have a Wayne Barlowe vibe to them.

Losers can't win, faggot.

conservatism is a mental illness

FUCKING BOOAAAR

Attached: 5873EB87-C664-4E19-A4BE-98474ABBC6E0.jpg (450x338, 61K)

Imagine being this much of a fucking snowflake. I think James Woods is
batshit crazy but I can still appreciate his acting ability and movies because I have the cognitive capacity to separate apart from the artist. Perlman is undeniably the superior Hellboy regardless of your derangement

>they were called the dark ages, AND FOR FUCKING GOOD REASON

that's when I knew it would suck

Did Hellboy rip off Rock Steady from TMNT or did TMNT rip off Hellboy?

It felt like he was trying to do an impersonation of Pearlmans Hellboy the whole movie

What a hsame, really. It took the main points from actual Hellboy stories, did good on the designs and effects, but damn if it didn't miscast and re-edited to hell.

What's up with random pop-song every new scene?
Why is Hellboys face is so weird and his attitude is not tired and snarky but kid-like, even though he's like 60-70 now?

hellboy ripped off tmnt, tmnt came out in the 80s

also it's Bebop, Rocksteady was the rhino

>What's up with random pop-song every new scene?
That's a telltale "we have no faith on this movie" sign

Yeah, he walked out of the set because of his role being "whitewashed". That bugger.

Read Hellboy from Vol. 1 - 12, including the Hellboy short stories, they're good breather in-between (Wolves of St. August, The Crooked Man). Gradually you'll be more acquainted with Mignola's mythos, then start with the spin-offs (BPRD, Sir Edward Grey, Baltimore, Koschei)
There's a Hellboy site with the chronological list of stories to follow, you might like to check it out to see the whole thing.
Hellboy mythos are good, I really like Baltimore and Edward Grey 'cause of the pulpy vibes.

AYO LILL DONNIE

What do you think snowflake means?

He looks a lot better in this one.

cringe

God, I'm all for dfc, but this broad is in tit debt.

Correct.

They fucking massacred his character too. Consider the first interaction with Hellboy that each version of the character had.
Del Taco's Hellboy: Bruttenholm first sees Hellboy and tells everyone to stop pointing guns at him while giving the kid Candy.
Nu-boy: Bruttenholm points a sawed-off shotgun at Hellboy's face and that ends the flashback.

too many niggers in the movie

What do YOU think it currently means?

this is the worst movie I've seen in years, and I'll literally see anything

I cringed throughout 60% of the movie and cannot believe they ruined the ONE good thing about the film for a "fuck you hellboy" joke. The changeling fight would've been so much better if hellboy ACTUALLY fucking defeated him, instead of him being shrunk down into a blood balloon because "lol no longer useful!"

Fuck this movie.

Thanks, that's all the answer I needed :^)

Attached: Sure.png (914x713, 601K)

Excellent designs, but seeing them animated and "terrorizing people" was cringy as fuck