Why do Millennials have such terrible taste in movies?

Its a valid question because clearly Millennials have horrible taste in movies. They don't appreciate the classics. They hate modern works. They cling to the worst movies Hollywood ever put out. Why is this?

Attached: fuckn millenials.jpg (809x602, 41K)

I'm a millenial and I have good taste in mobies

Attached: science.jpg (961x816, 239K)

>They cling to the worst movies Hollywood ever put out
Such as?

unless youre 50 or 18, youre a millenial OP.

predator is my favourite

Anything made between 1990 and 1998. Take your pick. Not to mention all the trash made since.

OP is NO older than 14

>why does gen A have such shit taste in X
>Gen A+1 is always better
>anytime ever

Lmao what? You think its the boomers who are into French New Wave and Soviet Existentialist movies?

Attached: tard.jpg (202x250, 14K)

Very thoughtful reply.

It was hyperbole, but unless op is under 20 or above ~40, hes literally within the millennial generation, as a hard fact.

Thot's name, pls?

The oldest millennials are under 40.

Shorter attention spans and the buying up of smaller studios by larger ones. Focus groups. Preferences of familiarity over new experiences.

Indeed.

The birth years of 1981 to 1996 have been used to define millennials by PBS,[27] CBS,[28] ABC Australia,[29] The Washington Post,[30], The Washington Times,[31], and The Los Angeles Times.[32]

Meaning that anyone between 23 and 38 is a millennial. If OP is within that range, he just made this entire Yea Forums tier thread about himself.

>Anything made between 1990 and 1998
They cherish what they watched as kids. Every generation is like that. Also it’s mostly millennials who make up the disgusting “cinephile” crowd permeating the internet as mentioned, so your statement isn’t even true.

>WHAT IS millennial culture?” Bret Easton Ellis asked in a recent interview with the Sunday Times of London. “There’s no writing. They don’t care about literature. None of them read books.” He went on: “Where is the great millennial novel? There isn’t one.”
Based bugman

Millenials are trash that were raised by cable tv. What do you expect?

>They hate modern works.
That's a lie. They love all the Superhero movies, and random rom coms.

>Anything made between 1990 and 1998.
Now come on, there were some good movies made during that time period.

I thought that was Harry Potter, Twilight, nad all those other 4-5 book series

>“Where is the great millennial novel?
>There isn’t one.”

Attached: 105f22ef621c.jpg (880x660, 135K)

No there wasn't.
>inb4 T2 and Kindergarten Cop
lmao

are you kidding me. millennial movies were the golden age. this era is shit. cheap cgi, shitty sequels, capeshit

He's right.

Saving Private Ryan? Titanic? Forrest Gump? Shawshank?

is someone gonna say that thot's name

what did she mean by this?

I know. I was laughing at that fact. I guess the post was a little unclear.

Dumpster fires. Everyone of them. It doesn't matter that they were successful. They are proof shitty movies can be sold to the masses.

Boomer fag detected

Then what's your idea of a good movie?

>uncomfortable facts about millennials are posted
>millennials immediately attack the poster while avoiding the truth
sad

Do you mean real millennial or are you retarded and think people born in 2000 are millenials

>Throughout the book, he complains about the victimization narratives of movies like Moonlight and believes coddled millennials—not to mention middle-aged, bubble-dwelling liberals devastated by the election of Trump—should “pull on their big boy pants” and understand that, among other hard truths, “life will be made up of failure and disappointments.”

>Ellis writes: “If you’re afflicted by these traumas that occurred years ago, and that is still a part of you years later, then you probably are still sick and in need of treatment.” And elsewhere: “This widespread epidemic of self-victimization—defining yourself in essence by way of a bad thing, a trauma that happened in the past that you’ve let define you—is actually an illness
Always have been indifferent to Ellis other than thinking he's a weird fag but this is based

My taste in movies isn't the topic of discussion in this thread. Millennials poor taste in movies is. Those movies are dated mainstream garbage. They are just the sort of trash millennials would point too and exclaim as great. They are all horrible unwatchable trash. Why do you like them? Lets just start with Titanic. Is it because DeCraprio leaned over the bow with wind in his hair? That doesn't make a good movie desu.

>dat long cop out answer
so predictable KEK

this you retarded millennial. This thread is about you if you are a millennial. If you are please explain why you love trash.

Forrest Gump is genuinely shit. SPR, Titanic and Shawshank are all decent but highly overrated.

>still no explanation as to why a list of shitty movies should be considered great
You must be one of those movie critic's dick suckers I guess. That explains quite a lot about your taste in movies.

People born post 2000 are just millenials on estrogen steroids.

There are good movies made between 1990 and 1998. It's just that they aren't big budget hollywood productions

What about Dances with Wolves or Braveheart? I disagree that the 90s were shit. There's a ton of great stuff.

Why do boomers make terrible movies? The problem starts with production, not consumption.

>too pussy to say what his taste is and we just have to assume it's good and he's right
kek

>he's actually offended by this
Fuck off

But millennials are mostly nostalgic for the absolute worst 90s Hollywood movies, like Space Jam and shit, since they were only kids back then. In the 90s, they never saw adult oriented movies like the ones you mentioned, so they have the same relationship with them that 2000s born zoomers do

>not old enough to be nostalgic for childhood movies
Fucking summerfags

I'm not at all nostalgic for movies I saw in my childhood. I enjoy movies from all decades equally. If a movie is good, its good. If its bad, its bad. Looking at movies and saying these movies are good because "I saw them as a kid." is a childish mentality regardless of the age of the person making the statement. Take Star Wars for instance. When I was young I thought it was awesome. Now that I'm older I know its trash. Do I look on it fondly because I enjoyed as a kid? Fuck no. Its trash. Nostalgia doesn't change that fact.

>nostalgia means the movie is without fault
Yeah, you're definitely a summer fag.
Bed time faggot

Can't blame them when they grew up with this

Attached: ghostbustersteam.jpg (1024x743, 99K)

You're not a good bait writer, dumbfag.

>Generation defining movie for Millenials
>Nu Yea Forums zoomers are too addled by shitty memes to appreciate.

Attached: is-the-lord-of-the-rings-trilogy-on-netflix-2018.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Facts don't care about your feelings.
Find me a millennial that's been involved as a producer of anything in Hollywood and I'll give you 200 boomers above them, below them and lateral to them. Be better if you want better.

>shiity movies are enjoyable when viewed through nostalgia glasses
Have another shit of booze old man. Its getting late and time for you to pass out.

that's gen z not millennial

>gets upset over a post that bothers them
>seethes and calls it bait
pathetic

>a film with nothing but adr lines is the generation defining film for people born in the late 80s and 90s
Yikes

because they are the age group most representative of the cultural zeitgeist in the west. thus, their sensibilities are the most catered to and thus they like the most mainstream, predictable shit. the general public has always had shit taste; what else would you expect from a tourist of any artistic medium?

>why aren't 20 year olds in charge what the fuck
Are you stupid?

you can't even explain yerself what a c uck

Not as stupid as falling for your own bad strawman

What a shitty movie.

>still hasn't defended their shitty taste in movies
>continues to lash out at people pointing out their shitty taste in movies
I'd tell you to grow up but every adult around you already has no doubt and still here you are stuck in a sad immature way of life.

this
/thread

you can talk shit all you want you know im right c uck boi

Quite the opposite, the only people I know who have indeed terrible taste are zoomers. But I can't really blame then, since everything they know is capeshit, remakes, and awful horror movies. Only those too detached from social norm would even start to watch something that have the slight hint of quality.

Attached: 1559662349836.jpg (346x510, 31K)

I didn't know he could be so imbecilic.

youtube channels are the new books

I know it but people need to learn to use google pictures search.
Thank me later.

dey dum lol

sex. Incels are just raging that people like what they don't. This isn't news.

I know how to use it but I can't on my phone

You still have a ways to travel, young pad'wan.

>shiity movies are enjoyable when viewed through nostalgia glasses
Wow you figured it out. Congratulations brainlet!

>people
Don't flatter yourself, millennial. You're a glorified monkey now.

There's no reason to lash out like that.

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 36K)

Their hatreds have consumed their lives, like I consume a bacon bonanza sub.

>the 90s was a bad decade for movies
>usual suspects, pulp fiction, fight club, jurassic park, mrs doubtfire, starship troopers, die hard with a vengeance, the matrix, dumb and dumber, rushmore, american beauty, reservoir dogs, the truman show and galaxy quest
please erase your shit taste and get with some true kino

I was praising you, brainlet.

half of those are bad movies on purpose right?

id be quite affronted if a girl made such a rude gesture at me

I sense sarcasm

Attached: 111.png (665x840, 14K)

Honest to god millennals were born between 1985 1995. Anyone born a few years earlier or later is part of some hybrid generation. People born 1981-84 have nothing in common with anyone born in the 90s

We had eragon which was great for two books then turned to shit

>nothing in common
So my cock won't fit in their holes?
Nor their cocks my holes?

18 yo zoomer here, haven't watched a single 21st century film since i was 16 lmao