Why is it considered a masterpiece?

Attached: Once.jpg (986x1500, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=acgVUCe1Y0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No clue. Way too long. Saw netflix added it a while back but it would take me a week to get through it.

Because it is
>too long
are you 14? Can you not sit still and pay attention to something long?

I don't mind watching hours worth of tv shows as long as I have my phone with me, but seriously look at the runtime for this movie it's ridiculous.

There is nothing wrong with a 3 hour and 45 minute hour movie

the first third its magnificent, sadly you have to judge it by the whole thing

OP here. I watched the 251 min cut and it did feel like it was shorter than it actually was but I did not care the way I felt I should have. Maybe cause I have been conditioned to feel mob films should be a certain way or whatever. Impressive filmmaking but lacked insofar as emotional resonance was concerned. I can watch the last duel in Once Upon a Time in The West a dozen times over any scenes in this film. Also, why did he choose the Jewish mob over the Italian one? Did he feel the latter was too oversaturated?

Endgame was 3 hours and felt short. This one didn't. That's probably the directors fault but I also don't like old movies either so maybe I'm bias.

>Endgame was 3 hours and felt short.
There it is

What?

so you want to watch videogame cut scenes for 3 hours?

Jennifer Connelly's 14 year old bare ass.

Sure, it was great and kept me glued to the screen.

Every time I see someone complain about a quality film being “too long” they out themselves as a drooling capeshit retard by mentioning Marvel films manage to be both long AND fun!!1! It happened a lot for example when Suspiria came out. Interesting phenomenon, you lot always bring it up yourselves, like New Yorkers. Almost like you’re eager to show that you’re soulless and braindead, but that wouldn’t make sense. Very strange!

ZOOMER FUCKING SHIT

Because Jennifer Connelly was 12 and got nude. Otherwise it's a tedious snore!!!FACT!!!

because its so realistic
like if you look at the poster
you see the 1960s projects
in the background of the poster
which should be of a scene
from 1920 something

probably not her

>The movie was too long

Attached: 1556988844626.jpg (378x378, 31K)

It's possible to like things other than comic book movies. Just because I like endgame doesn't mean my opinion about this movie is wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=acgVUCe1Y0M
The score is amazing.

Has anyone ever seen the whole thing?

You're killing cinema, pleb. Thanks a lot.

How? I bet you don't even pay for movies, you just pirate them.

Not her, but you guys can dream.

>Just because I like endgame doesn't mean my opinion about this movie is wrong.
I’m sure it’s disconcerting for you, but yes, it actually does.
It’s not as simple as you casually “liking” it. You brought it up yourself. You really truly like it. You have shit taste.

Endgame did exactly what it was suppose to do. It was long and kept people entertained the entire time. This movie didn't.

> No clue. Way too long. Saw netflix added it a while back but it would take me a week to get through it.
>I don't mind watching hours worth of tv shows as long as I have my phone with me, but seriously look at the runtime for this movie it's ridiculous.
>Endgame was 3 hours and felt short. This one didn't. That's probably the directors fault but I also don't like old movies either so maybe I'm bias.

Attached: image.jpg (454x520, 78K)

>Endgame did exactly what it was suppose to do.
Correct, it was “suppose” to be an artless, soulless plastic product that would appeal to as many tasteless, basic “consumers” as possible, in which company you proudly count yourself. Nobody is going to this crowd for its opinions about classic films. That you don’t like this movie is very much in your programming, and nobody is surprised.

One of my favorite movies. The whote act with them as kids reminds me of myself at that age.

You are so pretentious. I like endgame, loved it actually, but I also enjoy classics like Shawshank Redemption or Pulp Fiction. You're generalizing way too much.

Doesn't it show a butthole?

>classics
kek

Are you acting like a zoomer on purpose?

either you are actually redditor or this is some top tier baiting

James Woods was probably the best thing about it. I wouldn’t recommend having sex while your in the middle of robbing a bank. The rape scene was weird.

>You are so pretentious. I like endgame, loved it actually,
>pretentious
It is also in your programming to resort to this. Very predictable defense mechanism of the soilent NPC.
Despite what reddit told you, art isn’t subjective. There are people with good taste and people with bad taste. The fact that you have bad taste doesn’t make people with good taste “pretentious”, it means you’re lacking. Hope you have better luck in your next incarnation.

gr8 b8 m8

4-5 times including the newest cut where De Niro rapes a broad

That rape scene in the car is rape kino. They shot that scene over a dozen times which isn't even remotely close to how many loads I've blown while watching the scene.

You seriously going to sit there and tell me those movies I listed are bad? They're beloved for a reason.

what was the message behind that scene?

boner fuel

Noodles was a piece of shit and we shouldn't sympathize with him

biased, lad. You're biased. You have bias, you are biased.

You don’t have to be hopeless to have bad taste. The fact that you “loved” Endgame and bring it up as superior to Once Upon A Time In America makes your two cents worthless, for any art. That you also like some wellrespected movies is fine but irrelevant. If you love the taste of literal shit but also enjoy fine dining that doesn’t make you any less gross.

I know this is bait but I hate you faggot

Tried watching it... got a little less then halfway and quit. It was too boring.

It's a shame your good taste in film didn't help your reading comprehension. I never said endgame was better, I said that endgame handled being a long movie much better than this. This had so many scenes that dragged on, that were unnecessary. It could have easily been cut down. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's good.

I ver much understood what you’re saying, this is semantics. Endgamedid nothing better than Once Upon A Time InAmerica, or any classic ever.

not him, but what if i'm of the opinion that while I enjoy Endgame more than OUATIA and would choose to rewatch Endgame 100x over, I also recognize the latter is more valuable as a work of art and should be preserved over Endgame

where does that put me?

It made more money. It connected with more people. It was the finale of a series that lasted over a decade spanning 20+ movies that all succeeded. It had better character development. It had better stakes. It had better themes.

The first part felt like the ending to a movie that you haven't seen yet and dragged on for too long. The part of the movie where they were all kids was KINO, the rest was okay.

Prententious limp wristed pleb

Masochist, I guess.

I literally can’t anymore with you user, sorry. Maybe you’ll find another sparring partner. This exchange has been ennervating.

Knew you wouldn't be able to win. Too bad you'll still hide behind your smug sense of superiority for liking something that came out decades ago. This could have been a valuable lesson learned but we both know you won't do that.

>wants to discuss a specific movie
>derailed by baiter
Talk about OUaTiA instead of retarded baiter, idiots

Agreed. Everything before the mid 90s either looks like shit or is too slow or usually both.

It's a great film, honestly I'd give it a second viewing if you weren't too into it the first time.
Admittedly some of the stuff is a little hard to follow (like James Woods' character somehow becoming an important politician under a disguise) but it's worth the journey.

If you want a good old movie I definitely recommend 12 Angy Men. One of the best movies I've ever seen. Outside of that I'm with you, film making got a lot better when you compare the stuff today to decades ago.

I tried to marathon this movie in one sitting. Couldn't do it

Poor bait

ITT: retarded zoomers

>implying this sort of stuff is bait these days
You're in for a rude awakening