Are we all in agreement that diversity-casting / blackwashing is generally a bad thing unless it’s Idris Elba? i.e...

Are we all in agreement that diversity-casting / blackwashing is generally a bad thing unless it’s Idris Elba? i.e. James Bond

Attached: 28FE72F9-A2BD-41AC-B8BF-8FA48759D82E.jpg (3000x2070, 917K)

I'm fine with diversity so long as they can speak proper english.

affirmative action leads to lower quality in everything

Idris Elba should be cast as James Bond because he's a good British actor who fits the role. He should not be cast for cheap diversity points

I wouldn’t mind paying for a James Bond movie starring idris elba

idris elba is honorary white and literally /ourguy/ so yes i 100% agree with you op

this, we are picking him in the next race draft

>laurence fishburn
>denzel washington
>will smith
>idris elba
all are great in my book

Nah

Bond needs to be English, asshole. He can be black but he has to be English.

the topic isnt about james bond retard. its about blackwashing in general. i just listed black actors with enough skill that id be fine with replacing the original race for if they couldnt find better white people.

Worrying about this type of shit is probably the most insignificant thing ever. Studios will just do whatever makes the most money, so if having every character be black makes money, that’s what they’ll do.

Holy shit he aged. Does he have the cancer?

He's the only logical choice for a black Bond simply because he's so popular. Every other choice for a black Bond comes off as self-important virtue signaling because they're all no-names who don't fit the criteria at all and aren't even popular.

The topic couldn't be more about James Bond, you absolute mong.

Idris is a quality actor, and exclusively pursues women of his own race, like any respectable man would.

No. It's always a bad thing, even if Elba is involved.
It's also a bad thing in all directions. Every character, whether fictional or real, should always be played by an actor that's the same sex and race as the character. In case of fictional ethnicities, pick the closest equivalent. There is no valid reason to ever do anything else.

I agree to this.

>He's the only logical choice for a black Bond

There is no such a thing as a "logical choice for a black Bond".

>Studios will just do whatever makes the most money

No they don't. If they actually did that, none of this shit would ever happen.

From a capitalistic viewpoint there is. He's popular. He could potentially make them a lot of money. Every other choice is just casting a black person for the sake of casting a black person.

I really doubt Elba could pull off an english accent.

James Bond is supposed to be a personification of the square-jawed slick-haired WWII era British chad archetype. You can't choose some wide-nosed ape who's family never gave two shits about the Empire until they washed up on a floating door and got jobs at a factory.

Attached: Ian-Fleming-400x600.jpg (400x600, 28K)

I hope your joking
Dudes English

Plus James bond is a code name isn't it?

diversity can be a good thing in a movie or a show if done right, but this Ariel thing is just ridiculous

t. racist who hates black people

>will smith
No. Denzel is based but can't do a British accent

kys

Attached: sting.jpg (356x246, 27K)

But Dark Tower was awful, and he didn't pull Roland at all, not even because of race

>Dudes English

Attached: 1561647980471.png (1228x1150, 191K)

he is english