Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that The Hobbit was actually pretty kino?

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that The Hobbit was actually pretty kino?

Attached: 71mOQV8-GzL._SY606_.jpg (409x606, 47K)

I used to hate this trilogy, but I actually prefer it now to LoTR

Wtf is going on in this thread

No, the hobbit movies are trash.

I've only watched a four and a half hours fanedit. I thought it was fantastic and absolutely on par with the LOTR trilogy.
Don't know what people keeps whining about.

Only if you edit out the Nazi orc that keep hunting them.

No. The studio made every wrong decision at every possible turn.
It was a pure cash grab that shit all over the source material.

Yes. Even the last movie.

It's good until they get to Goblin Town and you realize how bad the big set piece chase scene is compared to Khazad-Dum. It completely goes off the rails once Stronk Female Elf Character shows up.

No.

The only decent scenes were the ones they ripped 1:1 out of the book. And even of them, only the arkenstone scene was actually good - and I may be overvaluing that one because I remember it so fondly.

Don't forget about how they milked the plot for an abnormally long time to make sure they could squeeze out 3 movies instead of 2 like they originally planned

AUJ was kino. The rest is trash

no but 4k 48fps 3D sure is

First one is the only remotely 'good' one. It's still shit though. The Nazgul suite playing at the end when Throin tries to step up to orcs, and wargs was fucking cringe.

Freeman is a little slug. Can't stand him.

How many times do I have to remind you retards: The Hobbit is for kids, LotR is for men. Stop holding the hobbit to LotR standards.

The book The Hobbit was for kids
The movie The Hobbit was made by Peter Jackson in the exact same way he made LotR because the studio wanted to make it a cash cow.
Guillermo Del Toro was meant to direct The Hobbit originally, and if he did then maybe your criticism would be true.

Not holding it to LotR standards. Holding it to The Hobbit standards. As in, the book. Which was even more for kids, yet somehow manages to be significantly less childish. Imagine that.

GoT = Grown Ups are talking
Hobbit = Depressed pre-teen
LoTR = Kids table

cringe

Maybe if got didn't totally fall off the rails. Lotr trilogy is an absolute masterpiece.

Yikes!

why did they put an elf romance side plot? worse part of the films.