Kino. It's all Kino. Why did I wait 32 years to watch anime. Why did I make this mistake...

Kino. It's all Kino. Why did I wait 32 years to watch anime. Why did I make this mistake. Where do I go next senpaitachi ?

Attached: Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Movies-End-of-Evangelion-Death-_1.jpg (400x226, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelion_(mecha)#EVA_Unit_00
youtube.com/watch?v=jGL1x40p46s
youtube.com/watch?v=4VCkq0e2920
youtube.com/watch?v=P91pvMdoZ80&list=LLLbN9eL81A9sQde9w_852Ig&index=10&t=174s
imgur.com/gallery/yPVPj9Q
nyaa.si/view/207195
youtube.com/watch?v=CtRWWkmetY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

remember this being the hot shit when it came out in America (20 years ago??) didn't really care. Finally gave it a shot
it was pretty solid (though alot of it was Monster of the Week filler)
not sure why Rey and Asuka became so huge besides being cute designs. They were kinda jerks and not "oh a jerk but actually nice and like the main character" bullshit
I thought it was a Harem Anime judging from the fandom around them.
not that shows need to have happy endings but even by the end no one learned a lesson or made the world even slightly better...just misery.

Bobby's in Deep

Shinji learned a lesson in EoE, otherwise he wouldn't have broken out of Rey and made her fall apart.

stop acting like you're old enough to post on Yea Forums

Ummmmm Shinji made a god damn decision on his own. And asuka who wanted to die also got out of Instrumentality which means she chose to live

Watch Texhnolyze and Serial Experiments Lain

Attached: Texhnolyze_2004_DVD_Cover.PNG.png (369x520, 528K)

WHERE THE FUCK CAN I BUY THESE MOVIES WITHOUT SPENDING $200

cat website dot si

its ok user we all make mistakes.
what i would suggest to you is just watch literally the best anime ever made.
which is kill la kill. you are welcome.

>not that shows need to have happy endings but even by the end no one learned a lesson or made the world even slightly better...just misery.
you did not understand what happened.
EoE's message is positive and Shinji "won" and matured.

This chart senpai

Attached: Plotfags.jpg (2000x2000, 2.05M)

You have to pirate it or buy japanese copies. The rights to the IP are a fucking mess in the US. It's honestly a small miracle that anyone was even able to stream the show.

Thanks but what are the ones where the title isn't in English. Is it true that there aren't any anime as good as Evangelion. My friend said that and I fear he might be a pleb.

Cowboy Bebop and Fate/Zero (also on Netflix) are fun action shows most people like along with my earlier recs of Lain and Texhnolyze. Eva definitely reaches a high level that most anime hasn't, but there is still good stuff worth watching.

Cowboy bebop is layered. You can enjoy the actions and setting alone, but has its own themes about facing the past, loneliness, time,, belonging.
It's also full of references from Blade Runner to Wim Wenders (namely, Paris, Texas).

Cowboy bebop, DeathNote, Steins;Gate (sub), and One Punch Man are pretty solid too

>even if you get hurt its good to be open to other people
>goes back to earth where no one else exists
(except for asuka who he then tries to kill)

>deathnote
no

I don’t get why SEELE wanted to prevent Gendo from initiating Third Impact who wanted to stop Rei from initiating Third Impact, when SEELE wanted to initiate Third Impact themselves

Attached: 241270EE-BC42-4658-81E6-4F2BB59044A6.jpg (919x919, 100K)

>you did not understand what happened.

Attached: memed.jpg (300x300, 25K)

EoE is unironically the high point of anime.
Everything else you watch is now tainted by just how much more superior it is.

>arbitrarily mix films with series
Why do people do bullshit like this when making rec charts? This is even worse than mixing feature films and experimental shorts

Evangelion Rebuild (all trilogy)
FLCL
The Dragon Dentist (same director as FLCL and End of Evangelion)
The iDOLM@STER
Darling in the Franxx
Serial Experimental Lain
Kino's Journey
Haibane Renmei
Texhnolyze
Angel's Egg (Mamoru Oshii, actually watch anything from Oshii. Gosenzosama Banbanzai, Urusei Yatsura movie 2, Patlabor movie, GITS movies, The Sky Crawler)
Dead Leaves
Kyousou Giga
Flip Flappers
Monogatari series (arguable, I think some were kino like Bakemonogatari and Kizumonogatari, newest season of Monogatari series are shit)
Revolutionary Girl Utena (and other Ikuraha anime)
5cm per second (arguable, but I like it better than Your Name.)
Tsuki ga Kirei (arguable, slow burn, full blown melodrama)
The Flower of Evil/Aku no Hana (rotoscope may put you off, it didn't adapt the best part of the manga anyway so just read the manga)
Doukyuusei (homo kino)

>watched eva and eoe a year ago, pretty good shit
>still watching magical school battle harems
feels pretty good tbdesu

i assume SEELE wanted to become like Shinji's mom and become some immortal EVA floating around space for all eternity. (though they would rule over humans on earth)

I know it’s a bit Edgy but I thought it was a decent cat and mouse game while it lasted. Why don’t you like it?

How would they rule if everyone is one and the same in the Tang?

>Angel Instrumentality: All human life is wiped out, angels inherit the earth
>SEELE Instrumentality: Each SEELE member's soul is implanted inside a mass production Eva, they combine all human souls into them as fuel and become god-like beings.
>Gendo Instrumentality: Everyone gets combined together with the added bonus of Gendo going inside unit 01 to meet Yui and no SEELE around with god powers to be a threat or stop him
>Yui/Rei instrumentality: All souls combined together but can leave it if their heart desires it, no Gendo around as the one in power keeping Yui hostage.

It's not even Anno's best film or the best '2deep' existential anime film, pleb

You'll keep chasing the high but no other anime is going to give it to you; Eva is the perfect storm of mainstream sensibilities meeting art; the Beatles of anime
Inb4 >the fact that

The only ones actually worth it from this list is Dead leaves and Lain, maybe Kino's Journey can make it too
This is the ultimate poser list though, gj user
I remember when i was 17 and tried to post cool shit
Good days

When did Yui get in Eva 01. I thought her soul was in Rei

I read on scifistackexchange that Seele and Gendo's goals diverged at some point; Seele wanted to use HIP to put them in an Eva body to become an immortal invincible being and Gendo just wanted to find Yui and bring her back

The source for this was some Eva playstation game so whether or not it is canon I cannot say but it seems as good an explanation as any for now

Alright op here. Does the manga go more in depth than the anime? I assume so because most books I've read that get turned into movies are always better as books? If it's better or more in depth I would like to read it. So have you guys read it?

When she disappeared during the experiment. Every Eva has a mom inside. She talks to Shinji numerous times from inside Eva 01, especially at the end of EoE when she's drifting away in space.

>5cm per second
>cant understand

Well then who was in 00

> I thought her soul was in Rei
Rei Contains some of Yui's DNA but her soul is Lilith's.

cringe virgin boomer

Whose mom’s are in the other Eva’s, you mean Adam?

No it doesn't. You can go watch the Eva Rebuilds now, which is a 4 movie series (3 are out so far) which is an alternate retelling. Movie 1 is the same as the first few episodes, Movie 2 has Rei change dramatically and do different shit, Movie 3 takes place much later in the timeline.
Movie 4 will likely be the last Eva thing ever made so have fun waiting for it with the rest of us.

No, it's more like a novelization of the series but it does give a few lore dumps for Kaji and Shinji

00 - The soul of little kid Rei that Ritsuko's mom killed. The reason it's a shit Eva is because Rei has no real mom so it always fucks up.
02 - Asuka's mom.
03 - Toji's mom.
Every kid in Shinji's class was a candidate to be a pilot and thus didn't have mothers.

meh...good point. Seele was a doomsday cult...guess they just didnt want Gendo to start it up

Sauce on the info?

00: Rei 1 residuals. That's why the Eva wants to kill Ritsuko.
01: Yui
02: Asuka's Mom or Stepmom, I'm confused about this.
03: Toji's little sister, but that's conjecture.

Gendo was in the instrumentality

Op here. Who is this?

Attached: 20190703_210322.jpg (4032x3024, 1.63M)

JEWS

Attached: angel cop.jpg (724x406, 35K)

>Monster of the Week filler
The fuck, dude?

Dragon Dentist is unironically kino though. FLCL are great too, just don't watch the sequels.
Also watch Takeshi Koike'a Redline, and Lupin Movies (Daisuke Jigen's Grave, Ishikawa Goemon's Spray of Blood, and Fujiko Mine's Lies)
Dezaki anime is kino too
Anything by Takahata, from his Heidi anime to Kaguya Hime
I think Imaishi isn't too bad but his over the top style sometimes don't appeal to me. I have never watched Kill la Kill, seems boring. TTGL was okay, Promare might be good from the reaction I saw.
Also watch anything from Masaaki Yuasa, if someone tell you Ping Pong is his best work then they're too plebs. Start from Catsoup, Mind Game, and then Kemonozume, Kaiba, Tatami Galaxy and the his new movies are good too.
For this year kino, Kaijuu no Kodomo/The Children of the Sea is kino too
Mamoru Hosoda early works are kino too, Digimon prologue, movie, One Piece are recommended as well as The Girl who leapt through time, Summer Wars, Wolf's Children, Bakemono no Ko is kinda eh since it's his first time writing all the script, not to mention furry wanking. But Mirai no Mirai is wholesome kino, I like it.
Another big director that often overlooked is Keiichi Hara, starts with Crayon Shin-chan movies, some of the best are movie 9 &10. Also Summer's with Coo the Kappa, Colorful, Miss Hokusai. His newest film flopped so hard because it adapted children book, and the design doesn't fit the story (Ilya Kuvshinov's fault). But he's amazing director too, even made biopic of Keisuke Kinoshita.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelion_(mecha)#EVA_Unit_00

Sure, but he had no power there after Rei rejected him.
>In The End of Evangelion, Rei finally defies Gendo forwardly and separates with him (after absorbing Adam) to merge with Lilith and start Instrumentality on her own. Seeing that all his plans to be reunited with Yui have come to nothing, Gendo begs Rei to return to him, she refuses.

>Monster of the Week filler
i liked the outlandish designs of the angels and the fight scenes the most in this series.

Isn’t Asukas stepmom alive when she talks on the phone

If I hate mecha stories, will I still enjoy it? I couldn't even get into Gurren Lagann because I'm just so uninterested in fighting robots.

00: Its implied in the backstory; also when Ritsuko said the Eva wants to kill her.
02: Explicitly stated in EoE
03: Flat out wrong, never stated anywhere. Little sister would make more sense.

He means the early episodes like Jet Alone, Magmadiver and Day Tokyo-3 Stood Still which are mainly action scenes and character building that has nothing to do with the overall story of the Angels/Instrumentality.

You're right, I forgot.

Yeah, it's much more about the human characters than it is "Dude you gotta power up your robot and kick ass". Some early episodes might be like that but the characters take the stage by Ep 16.

I hate mecha and never cared for Kaiju shit, but the battles in Eva are really worth it.

Character building is not filler, though.

>buy
If you want an apocalypse backup copy, get a Japanese blu-ray. Otherwise just pirate from Nyaa and make 5 backups.

Ok but how did they get their souls in the Eva’s? I understand that Yui did an experiment on the Eva, but Rei got choked the fuck out, and Asuka’s mom committed neck rope. Did they GhostBuster them in the Eva’s?

The proime ministah IIRC

Kaiji next. Only season 1, though. youtube.com/watch?v=jGL1x40p46s

Asukas mother is half there, it's why she went mad and killed herself and why it's harder for Asuka to sync. Unit 2 doesn't go beast mode until EoE, it's in a deeper sleep than unit 1.

Her mom killed herself after the contact experiment. Her soul was already in the eva, so there was basically nothing left of her mom at that point.

The same thing happened to Yui, but when they failed to get her out they made Rei from what was left over. They never really say exactly what that means, though.

Depends what you took from it.
I say GITS:Stand Alone Complex and 2nd Gig.

>Kaiji next. Only season 1, though
Followed by Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa

Attached: 2018-10-24-161539_1920x1080_scrot.gif (960x540, 363K)

Steins;Gate
Shingeki no Kyojin
Fate Zero
CLANNAD
LOGH
Angel Beats
Romeo no Aoi Sora
Kimi no Na wa
Gundam 0080
Elfen Lied
Psycho Pass
HOTD

my top favs, i envy you op, wish i could experience the anime redpill for the first time as well. this will become your journey now, enjoy it while it last
youtube.com/watch?v=4VCkq0e2920

Attached: 1545880534813.jpg (882x960, 76K)

Space Dandy

Attached: sd.png (1506x856, 2.01M)

Of course. I have many, many money.

watch redline as well preferably drunk or high its the best anime experience i have ever had and the movie pisses adrenaline. watch a blu ray or a 1080p torrent anything below and you wreck the movie.

SciFi Anime that isn't either about the individual vs. society and/or sublimated revisiting of getting nuked.

If they ever discover psychotherapy I reckon it all dries up.

Nobody said JoJo's Bizarre Adventure yet but the first season is on Netflix and another of the fun action shows most people like in the vein of Bebop and Ghost in the Shell: SAC

>DiTF
fucking cringe

can't wait for the us live action with an all black cast

JJBA is extremely fun, but I can't imagine a former anime-hater would like it right away.

>death note
speaking about plebs

Prime Minister of Japan

It has some very good reaction pic material.

Attached: 2018-10-24-162659_1920x1080_scrot.png (960x1080, 1.17M)

post your kino list then

God you people are such spoon feeders, this site has gone straight to shit.

Please no.

Attached: ryan_gosling_as_ryoji_kaji_by_samutada_d675gp9-fullview.jpg (1024x678, 100K)

Attached: 2018-10-24-173636_1920x1080_scrot.png (960x1080, 785K)

Now watch the superior Evangelion

Attached: 828D93AE-EED4-447B-9E3C-B956E554BC0C.jpg (640x480, 37K)

You are all missing the point on who is Rei. Her body is a clone of Shinji's mom. Her soul is Lylith.

Aesthetic, very aesthetic. The plot twist is flat out cheating though.

>senpaitachi
I know what you're trying to do, you sly dog.

Attached: kisspng-kagura-gintoki-sakata-gin-tama-okita-sougo-youtube-5b0d345e97f6c4.5664157815275920306225.jpg (900x720, 104K)

Why do we even exist?

The next time anime peaked was with Ping Pong. Not even memeing here.

didn't Gendo know her soul was in the eva unit??
just put Rei in it and have them merge back (though evidently she liked being a giant mech...so whatever)

was the original show not aired weekly?? i assumed it was.

monster of the week is the filler.

Hunter x Hunter if you want to try shonen of course, current manga arc is kino

why not just make the Eva out of Orphans?

Attached: Joy_Can_with_Dr._Venture_and_Dr._Orpheus.png (720x480, 327K)

Watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica, it's the Eva of the Magical Girl genre.

Watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes is you want space opera. It's more of a tv show than it's anime, and it has more in common with The Wire and ASOIAF.

Wanna give us some recommendations instead of being an asshole?

Shinji's Mom > Ritsuko > Misato > Schoolgirl from Shinji's class > Rei > Asuka

will he ever stop with the walls of text?!
the entire boot absolutely fucking ridicules with panels that are more text than any drawing in it.

He didn't. Better re-watch.

Steins;Gate
Avoid Zero though. Complete trash.

>Ritsuko
hag

i mean for fucks sake?!

Attached: 0017.png (877x1300, 201K)

>goes back to earth where no one else exists
They are given the choice to come back, like Asuka did.
>(except for asuka who he then tries to kill)
He stops trying to kill her and was only doing it because he wasn't sure what she was exactly.

The point is everyone has a choice in this instrumentality whereas the true depressing bad end was SEELE controlling everyone's souls.

>Where do I go next senpaitachi ?

Back to Yea Forums. Evangelion is not good enough for Yea Forums.

I loved Jin-Roh as a kid and it's even more relevant now. You have to appreciate politics and our world a bit to get it though, it's dark and not light hearted.

Attached: 81W2QYe8VHL._RI_SX300_.jpg (300x400, 42K)

Boy do I hate this fucking show so much. Good ending theme though.

youtube.com/watch?v=P91pvMdoZ80&list=LLLbN9eL81A9sQde9w_852Ig&index=10&t=174s

inb4 I was born 92 before you faggots call me a zoomer which I was. God do I fucking hate aging.

>cherry picks the biggest wall of text page

And also from niggerstream, yikes!

Could be liliths soul too

I like Outlaw Star.

>03: Flat out wrong, never stated anywhere. Little sister would make more sense.

Toji's little sister was in the hospital when he piloted unit 03, paying her medical bills was literally the whole reason he even agreed to it.

cynical me is all
its a edgy show about anxiety, depression, sex and those absolute wrong people for the "job" making world changing decision for all humanity.
No wonder it blew up with teens :P
But its a good show, it is.

I prefer Cowboy Bebop because I like noir films and crime films.

Attached: long-goodbye-poster-e1547845784593.jpg (850x574, 69K)

i honestly just picked the first stuff i found under pictures... lol

>re-watch.

Attached: tumbr.png (1024x576, 1.3M)

>no Turn A Gundam
I mean I guess that would potentially mean a high investment of other shows beforehand, but Turn A could probably stand on its own and still be appreciated.

Maya > all

Attached: maya ibuki.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

Is Rebuild taking place in the same universe as the original?

Attached: 800px-Eva1-11_C0006_comp.jpg (800x437, 165K)

Belladonna has a fucking great soundtrack

AKIRA.
Watch the Anime Movie...
But I'd require reading the manga first.
That is the absolute pinnacle of anime, trust me on that.

The entire series was a harem for Shinji and Gendo. Every major female character was into one of them

This whole thing was a fucking confusing mess. At least I got to see Asuka's tits in the movie

How did Rei get Liliths soul before merging with Lilith?

when the fuck is anime going to incorporate more diversity

This. Everything was fucking made up.

Screenshotted for posterity, thanks user

its kinda suggested that its a direct sequel yes

>Shingeki no Kyojin
>CLANNAD
>Angel Beats
>Elfen Lied
>Psycho Pass
>HOTD
Awful taste

I find Yui's design to be very cute.

i think its meant as a joke

I wanted to hold her during 3rd Impact so bad

Psycho Pass was alright and HoTD was a fun time. Agreed that the rest is cringe shit though.

souls get manipulated and split apart in this show.

Rei wasnt a real person because she only got a soul fragment of Lilith.

She most likely got a bigger part of the soul when her EVA got destroyed, thats why she started thinking for herself.

this my list of anime i enjoyed that has not been updated in while:

Astro Boy
Baccano
Berserk
Big O
Black Jack
Cowboy Bebop
Cromartie High School
Ergo Proxy
Fist of the North Star
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost Hound
Gintama
Haibane Renmei
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Kaiba
Kaiji
Kino's Journey
Kemonozume
Monster
Mononoke
Paranoia Agent
Ping Pong
Samurai Champloo
Samurai Seven
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Space Dandy
Serial Experiment Lain
Spice and Wolf
The Tatami Galaxy
Trigun

im 5 episodes in and im really bored. maybe anime just isn't for me.

You could try jumping straight to the movie. The movie was actually the first thing I saw of Eva. I thought it was going to be a non-canon mostly self contained story like the Dragon Ball movies were. I was so confused and fascinated I had to watch the whole show to make sense of it, which made working through some of the slower early episodes a lot easier.

She's cloned using Yui's DNA and LCL taken directly from Lilith, however Yui's soul in its entirety is contained in EVA-01.

There's a lot of subtext throughout the series alluding to Rei's inherently paternal nature, she also shows up occasionally as a ghost in the series.

Attached: 01_C022_Rei_III_girl_in_street.jpg (640x480, 98K)

acceptable taste

But for me, it’s Hikari

Attached: D63C2CE0-980D-405F-AED5-20CAD8378139.jpg (640x480, 45K)

Yeah, the problem is all the good shit is near the end, so a lot of people get turned off in the slower earlier episodes which are more monster of the week.

Whatever you do, Don't watch the rebuild. It's just the original turned into standard mecha.

I guess you really have to like the characters and if you do those episodes are fine too. The one where Shinji is just walking around chilling in the movie theater and all depressed got to me and I was interested in Misato/Gendo/Rei too.

that's who I meant, i just didn't remember her name

>Where do I go next senpaitachi ?
FLCL
And as I say so as someone who doesn't like anime besides eva

imgur.com/gallery/yPVPj9Q

Ultimate recommendation chart.

Watch pic related (Legends of the Galactic Heroes) after watching everything else. Otherwise you might enjoy everything else a little bit less.

The only shows I’d say are equal somewhat to Eva are Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, and Shinsekai yori.

Have fun.

Attached: 7FDA2D09-F39C-48B8-A516-EDC14CA038C4.png (500x688, 487K)

>almost 25 years Yea Forums and Yea Forums still talking about this 2 deep 4 u anime

Should I watch subs no matter what? Or are there acceptable dubs Macross specifically

One of the most overrated pretentious things I've ever seen

>Eva, Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, and Shinsekai yori

One of these isn't like the other. it's stain's gate

That's too overwhelming, it all looks intriguing but I can't choose one

Sub is a lot better, but if you are fine with dubs then you'll probably find the ones for this "acceptable".

not a joke, youre fags with shit taste
>Shingeki no Kyojin
peek anime kino, i will not let contrarians like you make op miss this masterpiece
>CLANNAD
literally life changing, beautiful story and characters
>Angel Beats
also life changing, i unironically became a organ donor because of it
>Elfen Lied
the opening song alone is the most kino shit ive ever seen
>Psycho Pass
peek sci fi cyberpunk kino yet also scary since chine is basically implementing it irl
>HOTD
this is the best zombie anything ever made, not even romero can top this, the fanservice is the cherry on top

Attached: 1560303023993.gif (420x315, 2.94M)

Follow the flowchart. Start from the top. Work your way down or whichever way the arrows go.

>3rd on MAL
>voted 23rd by Japanese anime online community
Take your pleb opinion and cram it

>Talks about pleb opinions
>Uses mass online polls as his source

Your tastes and opinions are laughable

>popular = bad
You’re so cool man.

I need to get around to watching Dragon Dentist.

Black Lagoon, if nothing else for the ultimate qt

and by that I mean Gretel

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

FINE I'll start with Angel Beats

SABAGEBU
A
B
A
G
E
B
U

If it's set somewhere where the characters are actually supposed to be speaking English, the dub is usually good (Bebop, Hellsing)
If it's set somewhere where the characters are supposed to be Japanese, they're usually painful

That’s cool. Go with whatever sounds or looks interesting. Enjoy your anime discovery adventure. The rabbit hole is deep but quite good (stay away from trash shows that pander to degenerates like harem shows).

Comfy music, I'll stick with it

Daaaahhhhliiiinnnnn

if you're discerning in your media consumption at all, you'll find like a dozen anime you like and the rest of your time will be spent trying to find anime that is half as good
it isn't very deep

>think about it...
what could that mean user?

Ugh, I really need to watch Utena.
I always hear such great things about it.

>darling
stopped reading there

jojo

did you guys find it weird that only two of them chose to reject it? it seems that it's a forced adam and eve reference

>only two of them chose to reject it
We don't know for sure everyone else declined. I think it was just the right image to end the series with. Asuka, Shinji, and Rei are the main trio and they're the only ones on the poster and final scene.
A forced scene of other people drifting down and coming back to life would ruin the visuals of it and would be less open ended where maybe indeed it's true most people declined. As it is, anything is possible and Asuka could just be the first one out because of being an Eva pilot.

can someone please for the love of god point me in the direction of the original ADV dub for end of evangelion?

nyaa.si/view/207195

I've seen several entry level anime, but never NGE. I want to watch it, but I've heard the Netflix version is cucked.
Where can I watch the original translation, or do I need to pirate?

>original translation
Netflix version has Japanese audio, if you mean the original dub then you'll have to pirate. If you watch the Jap audio on Netflix the only big loss is the ending theme song (Fly Me To The Moon) is changed because they couldn't get the rights to it.

How do I download this

Google "How to torrent".

Don't watch the dub but especially don't watch the original dub, it's shit

>he doesn't know about websites where you can stream EVERY dub or sub.

You niggers really need to watch Bakemonogatari. It's pretentious haremshit, but good.

2nd vote for Akira. It's kinda the definitive anime movie. Watch the movie then read the manga though. Basically the manga is the length of 6 telephone books and that entire plot was compressed into one movie. That might sound bad but the actual writer made the film and it's the one of the best animated films ever made. It's really fucking stunning.
>youtube.com/watch?v=CtRWWkmetY4

Attached: fine-akira-movie-poster-original-5-768x1088.jpg (768x1088, 171K)

Ah yes there is no mecha story that is character driven of course how could I forget

Please share them.
I have been trying to find some of the early Dbz dubs for a while.

I have the set of ADV DVDs. Name your price

Attached: 1561986787250.png (800x800, 38K)

>Where do I go next senpaitachi?
Follow /sci/'s math guide, if nothing else get familiar with mathematical logic and formal systems, Gödel, Escher, Bach is ok to get your feet wet if you have little background.
Read up on German Idealism, Kant and Hegel esp.
Watch The Greatest Story Never Told.
After that you can watch Utena, Princess Tutu, Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
From there you'll be a certified autistic weeaboo nazi.
Learn 日本語.
After that watch Ojamajo Doremi and hang out on the only worthwhile board on the site.

Attached: hazukichan.png (982x709, 1020K)

>darling in the franx being on any essential anime list

>have the DVDs as well
>apparently they're valuable if this post is to be believed

intredasting...

You really need to be more open-minded and actually try watching them. For example, even with it's janky animation the old Gundam 0079 show is a classic that has themes of human conflict, and human connection in the spiritual sense. Well also war is bad.

Isn't that the one where they had to scrape up new voice actors and is notorious for it's translation?

watch tehxnolyze you fucking pleb. peak nihilism and depression core

Yui is just too crazy to be hot, just looking at her gives me crazy vibes.

You should watch this and finish Gurren Lagann. This is very character driven whilst gurren was too but much more than that. Both are excellent series in their own different ways. Give it the 6 episode rule.

kill la kill is trash

ok guys listen:
night on the galactic railroad

This guy just literally pops out of nowhere. He didn't drop down, he couldn't have come from behind because the gate wasn't open. Couldn't have come from the sides it's too narrow and there are those terminal things to climb over

Attached: kgsjNjS.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

Yikes

Cry Bady Devilman on Netflix is pretty good. The Eva takes allot form its manga.

Based and groovy pilled.

based.

Monogatari series, the voice acting is top notch and that nifty shaft studios head tilting and posing.

kaiji is fucking trash and if you disagree you have no taste

wah Yea Forums doesnt like death note so that means its not good

dont you love when people speak with such authority and conviction about things they know fuck all about

t. Kakegurui fag

Acquire taste
watch both seasons of Kaiji, don't just watch the first

Its probably laying around here somewhere.

wrong

Attached: 475760263b190b98b493e63828049bad.jpg (200x200, 7K)

I have a general dislike of anime (and an even bigger dislike of its fans), but NGE is the one sole series that broke the mold and made me think that something worthwhile could come out of the medium.

Attached: kornheiser oh baby.jpg (600x942, 33K)