So this movie really is about how boring a bankers life really is right...

So this movie really is about how boring a bankers life really is right? They think they live adventerous interesting lives because they go to fancy restaurants and have money but in reality it's mind numbing dull work that makes you obsess over things like your business card and clothes and you become a tryhard smartass talking about albums and daydreama bout your 'interesting live'.

That is the revelation in the end, right?

Anyway love it.

Attached: b62426176a11aca2a1f763c800fffd30d0d158f2.jpg (600x350, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RJfurfb5_kw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a movie about how its hip to be square.

The real redpill is there's no such thing as an interesting life. We are all mundane creatures doomed to die on this rock.

yeah it's also about digits

check em

no it's a flick about dubs

puny.

is that a gram?

being rude won't get you dubs

Wrong. It's a movie about
C H E C K I N G
D I G I T S.

Very Shiny FAce

shiiiiit

I am going to get a motorbike license

Check these dubs

Attached: 1558140593823.jpg (1480x987, 141K)

dubs

Ha

Check em

Attached: 98BCF247-DB22-430C-A4A6-FF94A6F64D02.jpg (851x905, 116K)

>Mergers & Acquisitions
>Murders and Executions

really makes you think

I thought about it for a little time but I have come to no conclusions

Based

its intended to be satire about the 80s corporate yuppie lifestyle. everyone is so shallow that a psychotic serial killer fits right in. even the murders arent treated seriously and the murder cases dont get solved because everyone is exchangeable, like how everyone always get names and faces wrong. some of it is however just batemans imagination going wild but he really did kill people but we dont which ones are real and which ones are not. the director actually regretted making it too ambiguous.

Attached: 1560716221324.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Bump

Attached: 1549374891734.jpg (680x928, 52K)

Attached: 1553371337191.gif (245x245, 545K)

>Boring life as a banker
I work in the Italian M&A industry and it’s definitely exciting for anyone who likes playing with numbers.
I’m a senior analyst and it doesn’t really suck except for having abysmal amounts of free time during deal closings.
Still, it’s better than going in the trading division, they’re on Adderall all the time and basically everyone takes antidepressants too.
Investment banking is seriously shit for your health unless you’re an executive.

i'm a mathematician (MS) would it be a good field for someone like me? other than useful math skills i'm particularly good at quick arithmetic.

Let's see Paul Allen's card

Attached: 1375300410985.gif (500x213, 872K)

He means boring for normal (non-autist) people

No that kinda seems like protection on your end or a cope for being unsuccessful
It was this and was pretty obvious

The guys on the trading floor are helped by the “quants” (basically physics and math Phds) who design the trading models on a daily basis for tactical and strategic trading.
Hard scientists are particularly helpful in some branches of investment banking, you should look up for a position if you’re interested, but I’m not familiar with that kind of things.

city slickers are all alienated weirdos

>No that kinda seems like protection on your end or a cope for being unsuccessful
I work with banks and could jump ship but I am looking to get into the energy field. more up my alley.

That is just my intepretation of the movie. A lot also applies to other office workers, my life is pretty dull as well and I daydream about travelling, riding a bike, going to parties etc. in reality I have a 08/15 life with a kid, just like everyone at my age..

all three of you are autistic though

Foolishness

I work at one of the big four as a futures analyist. Calling it mundane isn't exactly right. Working with large sums of money is the most exciting thing you can do in life. Every day you are in harrowing positions where your life is basically at stake

Its the opposite of what you are saying OP.
Life itself becomes mundane. Your emotions and senses are at such a high level while are trading when you are doing anything else its like grey mud.

Right now I'm on enough pain killers to kill most people because the markets are closed. I'm having a slight panic attack because they're closed tomorrow also, and friday will be dead so there is nothing for me to do for 5 days. I'm so tortuously bored I'm writing this trash.

based

looking to get into a bank? I hear big four don't pay very well.

>the director actually regretted making it too ambiguous.
lol she had nothing to do with the story and zero say about it

It's about these dubs and nothing but the dubs.

It’s not about banking per se. Easton Ellis pretty much based it on his own life. Notice there’s literally nothing about the “work” Bateman does in the book or the film version. It’s a commentary on the lifestyle: the fashion/restaurants/empty status seeking amongst the urban young and wealthy.

Fuck conformity and fuck dubs singles is where it's at

Huey Lewis and the news. Great stuff! I just bought it on my way here! You heard it?

Attached: willem dafoe.gif (500x298, 1000K)

>Fuck conformity
>fuck dubs
>thread is full of singles

never gonna make it

Attached: bryce.png (634x343, 188K)

Me? I only go for trips

no, no and no!
Hi Yea Forums, It's Yea Forums and you're wrong because of course you are. What is it about then, you find yourself asking me, Yea Forums. Well I'll tell you.
The premise of the story is found when he is mentioning all of his items, which morons skip or think nothing off. The second one is when he kills the child, and his poem about the black person.
>The poor nigger on the wall. Look at him. Look at the poor nigger. Look at the poor nigger… on… the wall Fuck him… Fuck the nigger on the wall… ’Black man… is… de… debil.
the word debil, did he write devil in a bad way or does it mean dumb as a slovak noun in this context? I'll ask you.
Now what is the meaning of all this, the items symbolise capitalism and people under capitalism being inside a machine of capital to create capital. So they become nodes of capital using other capital nodes, all connecting all connecting within capital within capital. Desiring machines, desiring machines.
The childs symbolises how Bateman has completely broken down reality, there is nothing, there is no morality anymore. Society was broken down because of capital, and they are all watching animals at the zoo, and he kills the kid at the zoo. The zoo is capital.
The poem? It's his hate, it's his superiority. I am Bateman, I am better, I am an angel, I am smart and handsome. I am prime capital.
Hope that helps.

Attached: 53827873_314329499185562_1144311907026286813_n.jpg (699x781, 55K)

>private investigator goes to interview someone
>but on his way to the person of interest, he buys music disc
>coincidentally the the exact same album the main characters listens to while killing his victim
Wow, we truly live shallow lives and everyone is interchangeable.

I wish I could have lived in the 80's.
Being a yuppie sounds kind of fun.

Bateman barely does any work tho, he's the son of the owner

>tfw got into ship broking
>50% of the work for 1.5x-2x the amount of money as the people who got into trading at IBs
>50% of the work for 3-5 times the amount of money as the people who got into trading at IBs if you manage to land a position in the oil&gas department

Feels good not to be a brainlet. I'll happily take 4 times the amount of money with half the stress even if it costs me a little bit of social status.

Attached: 1544793538681.png (197x168, 57K)

just watch investigation on a citizen above suspicion instead
it's more or less the same movie but heavily politicized but it's italian politics so you don't have to sperg about liberals

i want dubs and i want them now

here's a quick rundown:

youtube.com/watch?v=RJfurfb5_kw

Dubs

Damn who is that

Attached: Dubs_Checkem.png (511x312, 292K)

Cringe

Attached: screen-shot-2014-08-15-at-135059.png (1200x810, 784K)

cringe retard

check'em

>actual yuppies posting
Shut up and focus on gets you losers.

You first singlescuck.

based dubbro

Oh no no no

Good OP post but unfortunately it's impossible to talk about this kino without CHECKING THESE DUBS.

Attached: 1520279677417.jpg (679x497, 66K)

Dont mind me just stealing your dubs

Attached: 1562121010067.jpg (515x515, 61K)

>DURRR CRINGE BASED BASED CRINGE HAVE SEX BASED BASED HAVE SEX BASED
I feel like I’m in a FUCKING asylum full of dementia ridden old people that can do nothing but repeat the same FUCKING words like a fucking broken record.
>CRINGE BASED HAVE SEX BASED CRINGE HAVE SEX ONIONS HAVE SEX ONIONS SOI BASED ONIONS SOI SOI ONIONS HAVE SEX ONIONS BASED BASED
BOOMER ZOOMER! I AM BOOMER! NO ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMIES! ZOOMER GOING ZOOMIES!
I fucking hate this place so god damned much! FUCK. Shitposting honest to god fucking I hope your mother chokes on her own fucking feces in hell you COCKSUCKER.
But OOOHHHHHHH I know my post is CRINGE isn’t it? CRINGE CRINGE CRINGEY CRINGE BASED HAVE SEX CRINGE BASED REDDIT CRINGE BASED HAVE SEX ZOOM CRINGE ONIONS REDDIT BASED BASED
AAHHHHHH I’m fucking leaving this god forsaken place. GOOD. BYE.

NO U if dubs

Cringe

Still cringe

Woah waoh i dont think you need those dubs my dude

Attached: 1562121774217_0.png (1600x1453, 672K)

do you have dubs bro?

based

Your dubs give them to me!

Attached: 1562121418482.jpg (1991x1042, 173K)

Looks like I got my dubs stolen...

Your dubs give them to sneed!

>movie about an industry about managing company buyouts
>people start talking about stocks
???

Huey Lewis was a pretty popular "clean cut" rock artist at the time so it's kind of believable.

>Bankers are low iq
What do you expect? They're the dregs that aren't good enough to run their own firm

Attached: dubz.jpg (384x384, 12K)

It's probably extremely difficult to start your own bank, but that still has nothing to do with managing stocks.

They pay well enough, the whole point in working for them is so you can get a job anywhere later on. Not looking to work at a bank again.

Kek you mean like freight futures? thats a nice one my promotion would be to something like freight futures. I don't see how it would be any less stressful though.

The top positions in my area are in the grain / oil storage field. Some of the magic the grain traders do is buy cargo space futures so they can store grain on ships going through the pacific during the colder months. I'm in awe when I get to see how they make profits.

if you are talking about actual ship selling, I've heard thats basically a monarchy. The big ship building families are basically their own sovergin entities.

You're the first person whose mentioned stocks you dummy.

Your perception of banking is extremely plebeian.

Both. Freight futures and brokerage for the actual sale of freight vessels.

Being the guy Aramco has on speed-dial when they need their oil shipped somewhere is golden. Industry standard is a 33% commission for traders. Now imagine the profits we're able to pull in on just one oil tanker sailing out of Saudi ports.

None of these people are talking about stocks. Your idea of trading is also pleb.

This is a besides the point, but you think M&As aren't handled by shares and corporate bonds; which is the most laughable part of your critique.

is the book good?

Might as well describe the day I made a $140,000 comission after 2 hours of "work" last year. Just to let you know the actual stress-level, or the lack of it down here.

>9AM: Receive call from freight giant. They have an empty oil tanker in the Persian Gulf that they need to get back to the Netherlands. Basically says "gib oil pls"
>10AM: Receive call from [undisclosed oil company]. They are in need of an oil tanker from a port in the Persian Gulf to ship 1.5 million barrels of oil to Belgium
>10:15AM: Call up freight giant and tell them I have oil for them to their desired destination. We negotiate a price
>10:30AM: Call up [undisclosed oil company] and tell them I have a ship waiting just around port. Give them the price, but add an additional $425,000
>10:45AM: Draw up the contracts, send them by e-mail to both parties with CC to legal
>11AM: Time for a well-deserved 2 hour lunch

Sounds like a shit existence

It has a scene where he inserts a live rat into a live womans vagina and then sews the vagina shut.

edgy teenage nihilism. If you really believed it you'd blow your head off. It doesn't matter right? You're here to do something it's up to you what that is.

I just watched this for the first time, great movie. I gotta say it seems to me like it was all a bunch of schizo episodes. I'll watch it again some time and pay closer attention. Either way, the film is about what this user says . Whether the murders were all real, all fake, or just some real, I don't think the core meaning of the filmed is tarnished by either interpretation

>Money Worship: The Post
You will all burn for destroying this world

Get a job faggot

It's a movie about how people without real jobs are jealous of attractive, successful people who produce value for society.

No. It's about the fag author of American Psycho trying to figure out how to be a man. He's talked about it in interviews.