You're given 400 million $ to adapt Warhammer 40k into a 10-episode TV series

>You're given 400 million $ to adapt Warhammer 40k into a 10-episode TV series
>Only requirement: it should be heavily Nolanazied to the point it actually looks believable It can also at most be hard "R"

What do you do?

Attached: warhammer-40k-1600x900-dawn-of-war-iii-4k-8k-7291.jpg (1600x900, 420K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCFMtdiQILuTZr22sKUeAOOA
youtube.com/watch?v=Frq8VQ7lzqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cocaine and Hookers my friend.

step 1: hire this guy youtube.com/channel/UCFMtdiQILuTZr22sKUeAOOA

Take the money and leave lmao the retards shouldn’t have just given it to me wtf they thinkin

>You're given 400 million $ to adapt Warhammer 40k
Literally not enough. 40K has battle scale in the billions, the CGI would have to be through the roof and even then it would look like shit. It would have to be Starceaft II cinematic tier at the very least to not bomb.

burn all money. In today political climate you are not able to make movie which glorifies fascism.

PRetty sure that would give nyou an X rating....

The adventures of ciaphus Cain, fund it.

I make a nid invasion movie that starts with subtle genestealer body horror, followed by predator style lictor scenes leading into guardsmen defending to the last against the swarm. Everyone expects the ultrasmurfs to respond to distress and save the day but in the end all are devoured

It can’t be done. Warhammer 40k is a nightmareverse with eldritch Evil Gods and everyone is genocidal to the extreme. That and the story is so insanely convoluted and extensive that most people would be hopelessly lost.

You would have to focus on the Astartes to do a 10 episode series. Otherwise there is just too much there.

Cast as many whites as possible
Hire a team of writers and tell them to play the game for 3 months then write the script together
Spend the majority of the budget on CGI and violence
Also secretly feed the actors cocaine to make them more violent

>Hire the guy who did chernobyl
>focus on story of imperial army man (not space marine) how much shit does he see and how he barely survives battle with chaos, tyranids and shit
>finds out he is immortal
>spends eternity fighting chaos gods

This, all you nazi incels dream about making your dream fascist 40k movie/show but don't realize how small your "fanbase" truly is. You don't realize that even if 40k would be adapted to the big screen, they would cast so many of your precious characters as POC and women would play a larger role. You guys are better of thinking "what if" instead of getting something that will only disappoint you.
*sips tea*

make a completely unrelated movie about dudes with power armor and chainsaw guns killing each other, slap the name on it and profit

*sips semen* if they are going to cast as many PoCs as possible then they should realize how many of them will also die because wh40k universe is full of death. So it's better to hire white males so the propaganda machine will keep rolling while killing whites on screen as the jew rub his cock to another successful demoralization of youth and their beloved chimps.

Non stop Slaaneesh orgies

Attached: 1550877408733.jpg (631x482, 39K)

false, you do a murder mystery who done it with eisenhorn

Is 400 million even enough ?

I'll tell you what I would do. I would adapt The Space Wolf series. Ragnar starts off just like someone new to the franchise does, he has no idea about the world outside of his island home on Fenris.

The series is one massive flashback (instant kino), as Ragnar, a Wolf Lord, looks back on his earlier days with the Wolves, starting with his recruitment.

The first season follows young Ragnar Thunderfist, an unsuspecting barbarian on the planet Fenris, who is recruited by the Space Wolves after being mortally wounded in battle with a rival tribe. Also recruited is the warrior who killed Ragnar's family and wounded him, Strybjorn Grimskull. Ragnar swears revenge, even as he undergoes basic training and the eventual transformation into a Space Marine.

Adapt the Eisenhorn books (or at least one of them)

Attached: 442px-Silvian_locke.jpg (442x599, 42K)

This is an anonymous image board but I can tell the color of your skin is mayonaise

Attached: tenor (1).gif (498x288, 3.74M)

you do murder on the orient express, except its on a rogue traders ship, some ecclisiarch has been found dead, and eisenhorn just happened to be on the ship going to another system, and he has to root out the murderer
(the ecclisarch killed himself to point eisenhorn to a bigger plot which would be part 2)

Im actually slavic and my skin is white but due to certain propaganda im not considered white so it's all gucci and im PoC. So get fucked whitoid.

cont.

Ragnar Thunderfist of the Thunderfist tribe of Fenris, is barely into his teens, though he is already renowned for his daring and bravery. Both are being tested on a perilous voyage across the Sea of Dragons, through the worst storm any of them has ever seen. The only one aboard Ragnar's father's longship the Spear of Russ, that is unperturbed is their passenger, one of the hulking Sky-Warriors. As well as being brave, Ragnar is insatiably curious and questions their passenger often, though he is more puzzled by the old man's cryptic answers than anything.

When the ship makes it through the storm, Ragnar is awestruck by his first sight of Asaheim, and an enormous fortress reaching to the clouds. The notions of a continent not wracked by earthquakes or volcanoes, or a fortress made entirely of metal is almost beyond his ken, but he is not awed enough to stop asking questions of the Sky Warrior, Ranek. The old man is annoyed, but forced to acknowledge a liking for the youth - which is why, in all seriousness, he tells Ragnar he hopes they never meet again.

cont.

A few months later, Ragnar is celebrating his passage to manhood at his tribe's annual festival, receiving the pride of his father and the affection of his first love, a girl named Ana. The festival is interrupted by the invasion of a rival tribe, the Grimskulls, who lost their land to the Thunderfist years earlier. In the battle, Ragnar sees his own father slain by a rival youth of the Grimskulls, Strybjorn. But Ragnar reaps a fearsome tally of the attacking warriors, and manages to inflict a mortal wound on Strybjorn, though receiving one himself in return. As he lies bleeding out onto the snow, Ragnar expects to be reunited with his family in Paradise, but instead hears the voice of Ranek, who has been watching the whole battle from a distance.

When Ragnar regains consciousness, he has been resuscitated by the Sky Warrior, but sees his village in ruins and his entire tribe killed or enslaved. He weeps for his lost loved ones, but bitterly accepts that he has nowhere to go but to follow Ranek aboard his strange airship. To his outrage, he finds himself sharing the space with Strybjorn, who has also been "chosen." He tries to kill the Grimskull, but Ranek restrains him.

cont.

Ragnar, Strybjorn, and about forty other Aspirants are deposited at their training camp, Russvik, and introduced to their drillmaster, Sergeant Hakon,who says their choices have been reduced to one: survive, or die. He assigns them to their "Claws", and Ragnar's feelings are mixed when he and Strybjorn are grouped together.

In the weeks that follow, the Claws are put through grueling training regimens, re-learning skills of combat, hunting, and survival. Ragnar emerges as the de facto leader of the Claw, being the most skilled with weapons. Nearly half of the Aspirants are eliminated, including one of Ragnar's own Claw, Henk. In the end, Hakon announces they are ready for their final test: The Gate of Morkai.

Within The Fang, the Wolves' immense fortress-monastery, he volunteers to be the first to pass through the Gate, where he is thrown into a psychic trance and tempted by the Ruinous Powers. It is a harrowing ordeal, never more so than when he is goaded to give into his feral rage and slay a helpless Strybjorn, but he holds back, shouting that his will is his own.

Ragnar awakens from his trance, and Ranek says he is finally ready to drink from the Cup of Wulfen, and receive the first component of the Space Wolves' geneseed.

>hire Uwe Boll
>Give him 20M to do that
>spend the other 380 M in hookers and cocaine

How the fuck would ever want to adapt a warhammer movie when 105% of the fans are mutt neckbeards

cont.

The Aspirants' final ordeal is the Test of Morkai: stranded miles from the Fang with no food or water, and only a rudimentary weapon, they must make their way back, surviving the harsh Fenrisian wilderness and struggling to keep the beast awoken in their new, changed bodies under control. Ragnar not only survives, but returns in triumph after slaying a massive Blackmaned Wolf and draping its pelt around him as a cloak, but Ragnar feels no joy: Kjel, his only real friend among the Claw, succumbed to the Curse in the wild and attacked Ragnar, forcing Ragnar to kill him.

Upon their return, Ragnar, Sven, and Strybjorn are inducted into the chapter, receiving the remaining components of the geneseed that complete their transformations to Space Marines, and learning the history of the chapter, and the wider Imperium, through powerful flash-learning devices. Now their real training begins: learning the use of bolt pistol and chainsword, feeling at home inside their power armour, and practicing combat in all manner of environments, not just the frozen wastes of Fenris. Finally, Ragnar and his remaining brothers take their oaths as warriors of the Space Wolves.

(there is more but you get the idea)
well lads ?

I just cancel the film and take my money elsewhere.
40K is the most neckbeardy shit I've ever heard of.

by making it scifi about white people. Which American will never be

Someone linked these the other day. They're pretty impressive.

True, they are not people and they are certainly not white
Maybe they should make a movie where the emperor choke slams demons and shit while ultramarines chant USA USA USA
That could sell

Give this man money

Based and Russpilled. Continue.

Make a movie about a poor oppressed cult in the xenophobic, fascistic Imperium who preaches liberal "virtues" like tolerance, sexual freedom or liberty, only to reveal them to be chaos cultists or genestealers in the end who plunge their entire world into chaos and are revealed as the demonic monsters they are in real life

>Continue.

there is loads more mate, I can't.

I would make a heavily stylized black and white animation where only the most important things are colored in. Like every Imperial Aquilla would be gold, daemons and space marines would be colored in, warp and psyker shit would be colored in, but the bog standard guardsmen would be detailed black and white.

Every season would follow a different guard regiment with each season final episode depicting the characters you got to know getting torn apart. The epilogue would show the Imperium slowly grinding forward and winning despite the Main characters dying and a final message of how the Galaxy knows Only War.

>Some random hive city
>Protagonist is a bank employee or something
>He meets a hot, cool girl
>She starts taking him to parties and shit while fucking his brain out
>Dark rave aesthetic mandatory
>Parties become more and more extreme and going down the hive city levels
>Party at Underhive
>What a surprise, it's a slaanesh cult
>While they summon a Daemonette, Arbites lead by a cool inquisitor storm the place
>Fight begins
>Movie 1 ends with the inquisitor taking the protagonist on a ship while the cultist are getting tortured and shit

Should i write more?

Send it to Neckbeardia on YouTube

I use the money to adapt a good series instead. Probably Red Mars. Cast Kevin Spacey as Frank Chalmers for the ultimate redemption ark. Frank Underwood and Frank Chalmers are basically the same character anyway, except Chalmers has more depth, and is just a better character.
>It's a mistake to speak one's mind at any time, unless it perfectly matches your political purpose; and it never does.
I want Kevin Spacey to look directly into the camera, and read that line. He'd probably work for pennies.

30k, a good series could be done with 40 mil no problems, it's very character focused and most the battles are told from small skirmishes between characters. Hell even Siege of Terra, thje biggest battle the galaxy ever saw, mostly takes place in the literature in 5 rooms.

red planet is the superior mars kino. it even had an awsome cartoon in the 90s
youtube.com/watch?v=Frq8VQ7lzqo

>Ultramarines (the most normie chapter) investigate space hulk to retrieve artifact/maguffin.
>Run into Eldar also looking for it because its a maguffin of doom and want to contain/destroy it
>Ultramarines shoot first and ask later like always
>They fight in the space hulk. Eldar rangers and striking scorpions all the badass aspect warriors so the eldar dont look like such twinks
>When they are both wounded chaos shows up and takes it and dips
>They join forces and have a mini space battle with chaos ship.
>they board ship and its ultramarines/aspect warriors vs chaos marines/demons
>ultrmarine captain and the farseer/warlock fight demon prince and win
>eldar are snobs but show very light appreciation and fuck off
>marines get back to marine-ing

/thread

Cont. Just divide that into 10 episodes. Dawn of war-ish plot is the only way to get normie buy in because starting with obscure renegade guardsmen is starting too specific. No one except the most die hard fans give a shit about deep lore. You need some buy in to the whole universe and its conflict

easy. ork sitcom.

>space hulk
>no tyranids
>no genestealer cult
what the FUCK are you smoking?

Attached: 1561926160898.jpg (1900x2200, 958K)

The problem is the inquisitors would just torture and kill the protagonist.

I would probably use one of the tyranid invasions setting it makes the empire look less ridiculous and the plot is simple enough.

I'm not super familiar with 40k but that story about a official finding out that something was wrong, starting a census and finding out that the invasion is real by burning out tons of psykers could work. The last three episodes could be the actual battles.

While the story should focus on one or two characters early on it should expand to multiple human viewpoints as it goes on especially for the battles.

Can't really think of another event that could be covered in a single short season that your average Joe could get into and fans.

After the interrogation of the girl, he learned some pretty alarming/strange shit and he wanted to take him back for careful examination since the hive city does not have an inquisitor base or wherever the fuck inquisitors gather

Anyways i wrote a second part check it

>Movie 2 starts with inquisitor and protagonist on a ship on their way to some inquisitor base or whatever
>Anomaly during wrap travel
>Oh shit where are we?
>Nurgle Plagueship icoming
> inquisitor knows they are proper fuck
>We need to get out
>As smelly plague marines board the ship and the crews noses rot, inq and our dude use a pod and barely escape
>Unknown planet land
>It's an orc world
>a predator style movie with orcs and plague marines trying to get them while they also beat each other
>They reach a kinda safe high place
>Movie ends with them battered but alive and with high hopes

This. Then when it comes time to deliver I'll send them 10 episodes of Warhammer 40K: Blasphemy Boogaloo that I filmed in my parents' backyard with my friends. Like we did when we were kids.

>wrap travel
i meant warp hehe

Pocket most of it and use the spare change to make a flash tier animated feature.

Why not just have the inquisitor kill the "protagonist" at the end while revealing the true hero of the story. The Inquisitor.

LOTR > D&D > Warcraft > ASOIAF > WoT > Warhammer > WH40k > Narnia > Witcher > Dragon Age > Harry Potter

Ciaphas Cain
>nothing requires deep knowledge of lore
>happy ending
> light on grimdark
>has several female characters, which is friendly with current trends
> much of the story is dialogue and intrigue, ending with a big end-of-season battle

Attached: 2f50c2f2655b70ed3156633cf15d5cb8.jpg (528x800, 92K)

>Warcraft higher than warhammer, ASOIAF and Witcher

Lmao

Attached: IMG_0312.PNG.png (2000x1500, 1.12M)

blow it all on actor salaries and never make it to production

Attached: BFC48Of.jpg (1339x8024, 1.17M)

not to mention there's no Moorcock.