HBO should buy the rights asap and make a live action

HBO should buy the rights asap and make a live action

Attached: d4677e60075b1098420af0f0fdc91469.jpg (1000x502, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b7HrSP1lyZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off weeb.

And fuck it up like GoT? Nah, it's good in the anime and mango niche

Live-action adaptations of anime are always garbage because anime is an Inherently shitty medium

what a terrible idea
>muh everything needs to be live action

Attached: le soy face.png (644x800, 14K)

>hating money

>implying enough people would watch that for it to be worth the budget
Your weeb friends are a dry market. Most of you would just pirate it anyway.

>implying the consumers get the money

Just watch the jap live-action movies if you’re that desperate to satisfy your vore fetish

Isn't netflix already making an adaptation?

Isn’t anime for trannys?

In what way do I make any fuckin money off of this?

How about Bloodborne prequel series, which focuses on the downfall of the Healing Church, the conflict with the Vilebloods, and the research of the Choir / School of Mensis.

Attached: 1544222669742.png (889x791, 1.33M)

This isn't how you use either meme

Fuck off Jew.

FUCK.OFF.
This is just some fetish for cgi borefest not unlike capeshit, >BUT with gore! so it's mature ha-ha
Cringe.

>money is my life, BUY BUY BUY!!!

It's the other way around dumbshit. Anime is the better medium since you can do literally anything you want on a joke budget. This is why live action anime adaptations always fail hard.

Attached: [DeadFish] Aria the Origination - 13 [DVD][480p][AAC].mp4_snapshot_23.53_[2016.01.15_03.13.16].png (848x480, 824K)

fuck you goy

Warner Bros

There already was a live action, but they had cars and rocket launchers so it was weird.

>loving money

Attached: 1524413507682.jpg (491x491, 43K)

Yeah I am jewish, what about it? stupid goys, they see a property and want to protect it instead of makiing money out of it

Let's be honest here, there isn't a lot of satisfying content past S1. Sure, the few parts that are satisfying are pretty great, but everything else is long and mediocre. It would work well as a trilogy where the long mediocre bits can be written properly as the calm before the climax (where in the anime there were whole episodes of nothing but talking heads). 1st movie covers all of season 1, 2nd movie covers s2 and s3, 3rd movie is everything else with the outside world.

HBO have higher standards than to bother with shounen.

Wasn't there a rumor that John Boyega was helping to write a Bloodborne series?

>NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO STOP USING MEMES INCORRECTLY

Attached: 1562115092569.jpg (1080x1020, 104K)

most people who like this show wont watch live action crap though

That was a meme sprouted from Boyega's demands in Pacific Rim

Oh OK, I thought it sounded pretty outlandish.

It started because Boyega wanted the Jaegers in Uprising to be smaller and lightweight, which was against what made the first film so good, so people started spreading false rumors he was ruining other franchises like that too.

>Can literally do anything
You can't convey emotion through cartoons

I have more respect for those who watch slice of life anime than Attack on Titan.

Attached: 921328136_preview_3U1rKVJ_zpsnerqrfkp.jpg (1024x576, 54K)

Yes you can

imagine watching anime at all

cringe

Attached: 53624465.jpg (750x764, 168K)

but i like the mystery....

Fuck off. HBO would fuck it up.

The original author already did that. Past a certain point, any change would just improve the dumpster fire.

>being this autistic they can't understand emotion from cartoons
God damn, must be sad to be you

There are few ways they could fuck it up even more than the author. Chances are good that it would be an overall improvement.

The director of IT is making a hollywood adaptation... Produced by Boyega.
No, I'm not kidding.

>western series
>actual action scenes
choose one

I don't think the anti-titan combat with their spiderman gear would look good in live action no matter how hard you tried

it is gonna be kino, blacks love anime

I imagine they could tell the story from only certain character's perspectives, and still keep most things a mystery. They could focus it all on the beast plague and leave the rest to implications.

Warner Bros already got the film rights

>they change the cast to make them more racially diverse despite the lack of racial diversity within the walls being a key plot point
haha

What does fucking Boyega knows about producing? He's just some Brit who lucked out into a Star Wars role after a barely existing career in Bongland, and then had an awful flop with Pacific Rim 2. That's so fucking random.

for example, Mikasa is literally the ONLY asian still alive and it's incredibly important to the story

No jews bad!

Attached: 1561067408733.jpg (241x228, 26K)

I dunno, the original author had a 'The Mist' ending in plan from the beginning but the popularity basically forced him to keep it going. Maybe the HBO show could be more faithful to what he originally wanted?

I agree, it's a fucking awesome show that would be great if done well in live action. Problem is, live action means forced diversity sooo black eren with a forced romance with queen historia (still white) and they'll make mikasa a bi racial mutt because being half asian already won't be good enough.

Cast him

Attached: simi-erwin-smith-anime.jpg (500x500, 45K)

michael b jordan

Brad Pitt or Michael Fassbender.

Mads

Samurai X movies were pretty good.

Western media literally cannot compete.

Tessa Thompson

Attached: tessa thompson.jpg (1599x1066, 378K)

Fassbender best choise

Attached: alien-covenant-fassbender-walter-vs-david-218184-1280x0.jpg (1280x716, 52K)

>the original author had a 'The Mist' ending in plan from the beginning but the popularity basically forced him to keep it going.

That's how all manga published on Shounen magazines works. They are supposed to keep going while it's popular, but have a ready ending to be applied in two or three chapters because at any point they can be told they're getting cancelled and to wrap things up.

That's why almost any manga either goes off the rails or becomes a repetitive series of fighting scenes. Authors know there's a 90% chance they'll be only working on the story long enough for a couple tankobon albums in the best of cases.

idris elba

Been slogging through this show while playing Pillars 2, holy shit is it annoying. I'm up to episode 13
>every episode has a 6 minute recap
>every character either whispers or screams in their unattractive, raspy voice
>every episode is interspliced with random flashbacks to Eren/Eren's friend as a kid
>the music is so fucking random and tries too hard to be "epic," they need a big orchestral score for a shot of some mooks standing on a roof doing nothing
>plot exposition is like pulling teeth
It took SIX FUCKING EPISODES to chuck that boulder, holy fuck. Like it's interesting, but god damn they need an abridged version that establishes this flashback shit, fixes the music to be appropriate, and replaces all these VAs.

>hurr Durr it's cheap that mean it good
Cheaply made anime looks and feels cheaply made and will never stand up as true art.
The only good anime have had significant budgets put behind them (for the industry).

Attached: Akira.webm (848x480, 2.21M)

time to rewatch Akira. man I used to have a whole "similar to Akira in terms of budget and tone" list but i lost it.

How is AoT not slice of life? It's a slice of life of people in fantasy titan land, but it's STILL a slice of life.

That really isnt the type of show that would be good live action. HBO should do something like Monster, it really fits their style.

Attached: Monster.jpg (1600x1200, 1.32M)

Michael Fassbender, hell yes.

this picture is fucking horrible at portraying scale
just how deep is the water 10ft out?

>rooting for a corporation like a sports team(not good either)
Maximum cuck behavior

You know there's already a movie coming, right?

Hello, my fellow Marleyan friend! I see you too enjoy the activity of accumulating shekels.

I thought demon-children were jews

Leave my weeb shit alone, filthy americans

Didn’t Del Toro say he wanted to adapt Monster for HBO?

He wanted to but it seems like HBO refused and he was looking for some other studio to do it. I guess he kind of forgot about it or no one wanted to.

justice smith

Attached: v1.cjs0ODgwODtqOzE4MDkwOzEyMDA7Njc0OzY3NA.jpg (674x674, 103K)

I rather HBO get the rights for Kite or La Blue Girl.

>what is voice acting

yeah cant wait for mikasa to be some ugly tattooed hood rat

why? Japs are already making the superior version.

fuck no, I don't want nigger Eren and trans Ymir

attack on titan is absolute garbage, fuck all of you jabronies who actually like that piece of shit

Attached: Old_fragile_man.jpg (386x386, 24K)

Imagine what they'd do to Hange

Unironically Henry Cavil, with maybe a blonde wig or something
Erwin needs to be youngish

Japs can't do cgi

The canon story has almost no Asians in it, and yet the current live action movie is a cast of all japs.

wish the mods would ban the guy (yes its one guy) who spams AoT threads here

Hold on, is there anything you think ISN'T slice of life?

If it were a series, the budget would be unreasonable.
In Game of Thrones, you can get away with practical effects for most scenes, and save the giants and ice zombies, and big epic battles for special moments.
In Titan, many arcs would require episode after episode of nothing but titan fights.

Yeah, even big budget Spiderman movies only have a small portion of the movie being him doing his actual web-swinging thing

Imagine having to do that in almost every episode, with dozens of actors doing it, and trying to make it look good while they fight giant, live-action Titans that somehow don't look like shit

it's IMPOSSIBLE

I've only seen a few clips but it's obviously a different story set in a different world considering they have modern guns and vehicles. weebs won't be satisfied unless they get the same shit they've already read and watched won't they?

what is this?

Eh. Mostly happens in a single walled city and some forests, with a relatively small cast of recurring characters, and the giants would be pretty much actors in make-up in front of a green screen.
It's doable.

Dear god no they would insert niggers out of nowhere.

Attack on Titan is trash anyway.

get a real job nigger

my nigga Zac

Attached: zac-efron-face-main-630x473.jpg (630x473, 31K)

Lee Pace

deep voice, tall, thick eyebrows

Adaptations are always worse than the original and only cowards want things they like to be more accessible.

Attached: 1561214321150.jpg (827x528, 77K)

Cringe

I remember when the manga first came out and everyone thought it'd be some mindfuck lovecraftian origin for the titans and then..... Reiner and Berthold revealed themselves and it went down the shitter.
Can't believe people even watched the first anime season, I guess it's the same people who eat up nurutu and other shonen boilerplate.

Here's my best attempt at a live action cast I made just now

plz be gentle

Attached: AttackOnTV.png (2050x1100, 2.7M)

The Titans were formed either from a deal with the devil or someone coming into contact with the source of all organic matter in the universe. Could still be.

>relatively small cast of recurring character
kek

seyfried is too old, her age is jarring against the rest

It's actually not bad at all

user, your casting choices do align with the diversity qua, at least the following changes need to be made:
>60% of the cast needs to be blackwashed
>Eren needs to be genderswapped
>Armin needs to be made Hispanic and gay
>all the Marleyans must be white and speak with a German accent

— «HBO'S ATTACK ON TITAN» (2021 – 2026).

— «HBO'S ELDIA: A DREAM OF EMPIRE, A LIMITED SERIES EVENT» (2027).

— «HBO'S YMIR» (2028 – 2030).

Attached: CARCAJADANI.png (473x310, 185K)

t. dub watcher

retard

something like this would never be made in 2019

Is that wall to stop them? They can just jump it

It's about the initial collapse of the world to the Titans 2,000 years ago. Humanity was not prepared and fell rather rapidly.

>all white cast

No

Don’t you see the game? There is no black in that.

they did

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Shingeki no Kyojin S2 - 36 [720p].mkv_snapshot_22.59_[2019.07.03_23.07.20].jpg (1280x720, 216K)

the wall was just a regular medieval wall, to stop people

how the fuck do you buy the rights to a picture lmao sober up nigga

You will tell them the truth, and they will hate you for it.

>anime is a medium where you can make anything you want
>every single anime is the same 3 stories centered around the same characters

There's maybe one anime a year that isn't rehashed garbage designed to appeal to tasteless weebs (You)

> Inherently shitty medium
>Colors forming shapes projected onto a screen are in inherently shitty.
Hmmm thank you for handing down to us your godly wisdom user.

Here's your Reiner

Attached: 82a63ce7751d40e790bfccd20ec5b2b5.jpg (620x290, 51K)

Cast her

Attached: 1561948860101.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

Attached: Ludwig.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Alita Battle Angel

>I hate thing because I don't understand it and it doesn't appeal to my tastes but by god am I going to watch every last bit of it just so I can confirm that I really really don't enjoy it. I hope I get to keep hating it for 5 more seasons, yes this show is just the worst.

Reminds me of Dark Souls 2

The only exception to this rule is Jurassic Park, it took based Spielberg to turn that mediocre book into a classic.

Shingeki no Kyojin, a Japanese manga/cartoon

The actor for Ramsay Bolton would fit in there nicely too

I could see him as Oruo Bozad

Attached: OruoCast.png (828x409, 659K)

bloodborne is gonna look like a C-tier edgy vaporware outside of it's game.

They could barely do GOT scenes that didn't involve being in a room.

Where do I watch this for free?

*BASED

ftfy

Attached: D57DF41E-82D1-4B25-AB7E-1C6EA4DE8794.jpg (1066x1600, 346K)

3rd season is unironically the best content of the show so far, with everything after better than that. Season 2 is the only season that drags.

please support the official release

Attached: durn.jpg (329x480, 31K)

Miss me with that weebshit

Can't wait for Mikasa to be be played by Ken Watanabe because that's literally the only Nip anyone in Hollywood will give a job to.

It literally is dumb showposter

what about that hot asian who died in the first couple minutes of Last Jedi

Not a Japanese.

Neither is Mikasa explicitly, she's just "a rare beauty from the far east" with black hair.

You probably should cast a lighter-skinned asian as Mikasa but you could get away with flubbing it a little. Her main traits are that she's exotic, athletic, pretty, and has black hair and asian features.

Who would play Chaderen?

Attached: 9872C808-66DD-4D66-BB7D-3EEEE79D0DCC.jpg (1324x1080, 285K)

As based as this was it's clearly an act to get Mikasa to stop caring about him after he sacrifices himself for world peace

Cope Mikasafag

I think he meant it

Is the german dub technically the most accurate, considering the character's names and models?

Not an accurate translation

Not really, the germanic influences stop at the character's names, and not even all of them are like that. It's very much written from a japanese perspective despite the window dressing.

Gabi did nothing wrong
fuck island devils and fuck Sasha

Gabi did what she thought was right at the time, she didn't have the full picture
The same could be said for Sasha but she was also willingly invading and waging war and should have been prepared to die

Everyone hates on Gabi but I think she’s getting a nice little arc

she had 3 chances to stop being a little shit, she never did, hopefully she will be killed by sharpnel of zeke's rocks

levi has to be asian, he's an ackerman

she's been one of my favorite characters in the series since she blew up the train. She has the perfect mix of drive and actual competence that makes her compelling to follow even if I don't agree with her goals

the Ackermans are as Germanic as the other Eldians, Mikasa is Asian because of her mother

some Ackermans are mutts
Mikasa is a rarity, she was explicitly singled out as being the only person within the walls that looked like she does

No, cast HIM

Attached: kenny-ackerman-attack-on-titan-1074252-1280x0.jpg (1280x704, 97K)

This is who should play Levi imo

Attached: 220px-Nick_Robinson_interview_2018_left.jpg (220x333, 10K)

He does have the eyes

Attached: levi.jpg (1000x1000, 46K)

>Fantasizing about how much money someone else will make off of this

everything in that post is pretty accurate though. how fucking sensitive do you have to be for user to SAY he likes the show, offer mild criticism, then have you piss your pants crying about that criticism? yikes

Hollywood will do for this IP what needs to be done: make Oscar winner Mo'Nique the lead in the action-comedy blockbuster of the summer!

The Titans may cause destruction wherever they roam, but what happens when they cross paths with sassy, powerful Mo'Nique and an all-star cast including Diane Keaton, Reese Witherspoon and fiery Mindy Kaling?!?!

Attached: sdgklhklh.jpg (666x844, 63K)

Are you retarded? People get their last name from their father not their mother. Mikasa's father was white and was the Ackerman while the mother was an Asian with a last name we don't know.

All I pointed out was the strange fact that he seemed to not be able to stop watching the show that he proclaims to hate so much. If he was getting so little enjoyment out of it why would he not just drop it? If I hate a show as much as he proclaimed to hate aot I do not watch an entire season just to make sure I keep hating it good and plenty.

>live action
pass

too short

you used hate 4 fucking times in your post while that post used it 0 times, jesus christ

Attached: thesathompson.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Did they even explain why they found out there were giants inside the wall and instantly forgot about them?

the king that lead the Eldians to Paradis used the Founding Titan's power to create a ring of titans and harden them to build the walls

Every amerimutt should be shot desu

>Slogging through this show while playing a vidya
>holy shit it is annoying.
>unattractive, raspy voice
>flashbacks suck
>music sucks

Ya he really seems to be having a good time.
I could say they same thing about Jersey shore, but you don't see me complaining about it because I know its not for me so I don't bother. This feels like a normalfag that watched some dbz and pokemon as a kid and wanted to get in on what the cool guys on twitter that he follows were talking about. If he can't even be bothered to watch it in subs (if he is playing a game at the same time he is clearly watching dub so that is an automatic fail and completely destroys his complaints about the voices) as it was meant to be than he shouldn't fucking bother in the first place and his shitposting just kept this shitty thread alive longer than it should.

you don't have enough bullets bitch

I remember there was a chapter Eren or some other fag see there is a titan inside the wall, and never talks about it, like it never happens.

Attached: RebiHeichou.jpg (220x333, 21K)

No they discover that the walls are full of titans - they were made by the original King who could control titans. He made a bunch of big ones form the walls by hardening themselves.

It becomes a well known fact to the major characters but not the public at large

Pretty spot-on

AoT is babby's first adult swim anime. if user had said the same thing about the manga, or an actual good anime, you'd have a point. but as it stands, you're defending a show on the level of like, powerpuff girls or adventure time, in western terms, and you're defending it against valid criticism. naruto and dbz BOTH suffered the same shit in terms of story and pacing, and guess what, BOTH got abridged versions. criticism is ok, and those are valid. calm down, watch LotGH, and have some tea.

What chapter is the one they discover it? I remember I dropped it because everything started sounding dumb as fuck

I don't remember the chapter number, but it's when they try to finally corner Annie as the female titan and capture her.

She hardens her fingertips and climbs the walls, and in doing so opens up a section of the wall so Armin can see a big titan face inside the walls

the scout regiment covers it up pretty quickly, and it's not really returned to again until they start discovering more and more about the nature of titans and the royal family and open the basement etc.

fpbp

>shows with hundreds of episodes have abridged versions
>this show that op has watched half a season should be abridged
Did you even read what you just wrote? I am not defending the show, I think it went to garbage after the first half of the season. But to claim that the show requires cliff notes to follow is just asinine. If you want that just watch ep one and the last of the season. There you go, guy watches his mom eaten by titans, now he's a titan except good. AOT in a nutshell for you.

If there's anything HBO should do it should a reboot of Rome

>I am not defending the show, I think it went to garbage after the first half of the season.
if you KNOW the show isn't that great, then why did you start this? the first commenter said he watched it as background noise, liked it somewhat, then offered mild critique to the structure of the show. then you DID take it upon yourself to defend the show, mostly just by attacking the commenter and not by highlighting any good parts of the show, but still. good fucking god is your refractory period over yet? are you done here?

It was good until they started turning into titans

It is actually answered later, in fact the other user that replied to you already did.

sometimes people want to watch something other than a 90s anime for the 6th time
AoT isn't perfect but it's better than a lot of other media being released currently

>AoT isn't perfect but it's better than a lot of other media being released currently
this is literally the sentiment of the post that started this retarded chain of comments

And this is who the Japanese cast for their live action version

Attached: 1447095457-2214b50410f38886391b2e752010f28e[1].jpg (500x352, 106K)

To be fair that adaptation doesn't go far enough into the story for Mikasa's race to become a plot point

THEN WHY DID THEY SWITCH TO CHEAPER ANIMATORS, LOWERING THE ANIMATION QUALITY AND GETTING RID OF THE ICONIC THICK LINES ARTSTYLE TO BLAND SLENDER ANIMU LIKE EVERY OTHER NO-BUDGET SHOW?????

RIDDLE ME THAT, FAGGOT

surviving humans are all jews and the titans are /pol/cels

I prefer the new artstyle.

Attached: modelren.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

Fassbender is perfect. PREFECT

Aside from Fassbender, Pretty shit

The effects alone would be impossible to pull off without looking like shit. It's something that can only be done in anime.

How could you make Levi look dope in CG fights? It would look fucking ridiculous.

So which black haired asian is supposed to be Armin?

Ackerman's aren't Asian.

Ackerman's are an Eldian (European) branch of the Royal Bloodline. Mikasa's mother was asian and hooked up with an Ackerman male.

Isayama literally based him off Trevor from GTA V.

Who in turn was based off pic related.

Attached: Trevor.jpg (640x470, 68K)

He's not quite tall enough to really capture Kenny but I can see the inspiration

>implying HBO can capture this in live action
please

come on

youtube.com/watch?v=b7HrSP1lyZM

Keanu Reeves

can you fuck off already?
leave my dumb chinese cartoons alone
not everything needs to be adapted into live action

way too old

>medium A struggles to capture something captured well by medium B
>therefore medium B is bad

on my phone and I don't have any smug anime girls saved so someone post one for me to get the point across

>"Our shitty anime is worthy of inclusion into the mainstream"
No it's not, it's shitty anime, that's why all adaptions of it fail. Get out of the house and see the sun, weeb.

no thanks I just take vitamin D

Wow I really want to see people get vored by giant humanoids in live action only if the titans are female

they don't have genitals

Their facial structure and hair indicates some were female before transformation

well yeah, some have a more feminine appearance that's obvious
but only Annie's female titan really had a proper figure to it

the rest are just very skinny, or weirdly proportioned, or pot-bellied, or suffer central obesity, or look like a patient from my 600lb life was set free

They could just make them look attractive in the live action show. That’d be really weird hahaha

Pyxis go home you're drunk

Chris Evans

Shit that's actually not bad