Could a 10 episode mini series based directly off the book work? Something like the terror or haunting of hill house...

Could a 10 episode mini series based directly off the book work? Something like the terror or haunting of hill house? Just use mostly animatronic to keep the cost lower and little cgi, mainly in dark scenes.

Attached: 81rBVCDfrgL.jpg (1436x2560, 368K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MyyHEVmn8bE
youtu.be/MyyHEVmn8bE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

animatronics aren't cheap

>Hey Reddit! Wouldn't it be great if there was a remake of this 90's classic!

Make it on HBO with tits and blood and gore and get good writers and it would work.

I want to see Velociraptors with feathers

True, but they could reuse them in many different scenes.

The novel was a cynical satire of capitalism and Steven Spielberg turned it into a (great) dumb movie about dinosaurs killing people.

no you cant

>I want to see Velociraptors with feathers
From the dvd commentary, they knew at that point that raptors would have more feathers than shown, but cgi feathers were a pain to get to look and move right. I'm on board with the gore, but there aren't that many female characters to show boobs, just Ellie really.

>cynical satire of capitalism
No it wasnt you fucking retard, it was satirizing theme park type spectacle and the arrogant rich. But even then it wasnt scathing.

Chrichton just commonly railed against arrogance and science as a religion

What about Hammond's grand-daughter?

As much as I love Spielberg's version, I'd give my left nut to see Cameron's version. He wanted to go more heavy on the horror elements.

Attached: 1530732293875.jpg (300x450, 13K)

Lex would be too young

Chrichton's book had some very horrifying scenes, like Nedry and Hammonds evisceration

the whole story is about how science shouldn't be controlled by private interests because they'll want to make a fucking dinosaur amusement park instead of cure cancer

The coolest thing about the books was the conspiracy level story brewing around the world. I was hoping we'd see more of that in the Jurassic World films but so far nothing. The parts especially in TLW where they are tracking dinosaur attacks that have been covered up are absolute kino.

I think that would translate well to a mini series, and the espionage with Biosyn.

>how it shouldnt be
His writings are closer to an attempt to predict and warn while being grounded in fun an interesting hooks for subject matter

There is no "shouldnt be" in the equation

Hammond was chewed to bits by compys. Gruesome, but he didn't feel it because of the anaesthetic in their bite

Nedry went out badly though, nasty stuff

Attached: welcome.jpg (237x277, 20K)

It really wasn’t.

youtube.com/watch?v=MyyHEVmn8bE

12 to 14 episodes would be better.

HBO would make it a 6 season @ 5 episodes each. LOTS OF FILLER.

Nah, HBO wouldn't touch it. Not enough ways to wedge nudity and sex into it.

ScyFy turns it into an episodic trite piece of shit that runs for 8 seasons with SJW/Autism teen actors.

no that poster, but theres is definitely an anti-capitalist element to the book far more than whats in the movie, even though its also there in a very very watered down fashion- the scene where we hear about slapping JP on a plastic lunch box then actually seeing all the merchandise on the shelf for a park that is a fucking disaster, i.e. trying to shill your bullshit before the main problem(controlling the dinos) is even solved by the park itself.

But very violent to an onlooker, getting picked apart by little animals ripping his flesh off. And that's without the fact that he's been trying to climb a hill for an hour on a broken ankle while Malcom is dying over the PA.

That isnt anti capitalism you simpleton/marxist its anti ~mindless consumerism in the vein of disney, who everyone should hate for the same reason

After reading the entirety of his works it seems like he literally just has a contempt for stupid people and the people that take advantage of stupid people

Not only are you wrong but you're playing the card.

Attached: 1559868839798.jpg (800x447, 41K)

Yeah the book went places

The Raptor tug-of-war over the screaming infant while Lex watched for example, Spielberg would never have done that in a million years

Attached: ripe.jpg (633x468, 71K)

>believing that you have to be a marxist to make anti-capitalist arguments
>brings up mindless consumerism of Disney as if this wasn't also a Situationist-Marxist argument

I guess by your own criteria you are a marxist

Westworld was shit, so I doubt it.

Anti-consumerism is not equal to anti-captialism.

>you have to be a marxist
No, i included retard as an alternative
>mindless consumerism is a marxist criticism
Yeah you would fall squarely on the retard side

Keep pushing, it almost fits

Attached: 3A4F8290-879B-4613-A490-92A037B48889.jpg (612x459, 43K)

capitalism is about consuming things, dipshit. You can't be for capitalism and against people spending money on shit they don't need

The movie isn’t really that dumb, Jeff Goldblum’s entire purpose in that movie is to tell the audience why the park is such a retarded idea in practice

Anti consumerism isnt criticizing people merely consuming what they dont need, need is an extremely small category

>You can't be for capitalism and against people spending money on shit they don't need

Attached: FDF7A612-4CBF-477F-AA4D-9B4F0E102D9D.png (625x773, 127K)

>animatronics
>2019

Pick one user

yeah and what people actually need is like 5% of capitalism, the rest is commodities like Iphones, action figures, tvs, theme park tickets etc...

But what's the point?
The book is meh. Really, I read it multiple times and now I can appreciate the Spielberg movie even more, apart from some super details, they treated the material the best possible way.
What would a tv version achieve?

nice selfie

There is no theory of organizing society that enjoys any sort of popularity limited people to what they "need", or even some sort of relative measure of that

Why are commiefags so stupid, it gets so fucking boring

I'm glad you missed the entire part about stochastic processes and the unreliability of data in general. Don't worry man you're super smart and total read the book.

Was it autism?

Attached: F1BDFEAD-451B-4849-A46B-0AA6B4C61776.jpg (1439x791, 86K)

>But what's the point?
Because from a narrative perspective, there were many threads that weren't included, or were only added in in The Lost World film. Also, there needs to be more dino-kino since the new films have been shit

what is your definition of anti-consumerism?

The book is quite gorey.

Book isn't even good. So you'd have to leave the source material.

>Just use mostly animatronic to keep the cost lower
Animatronics are expensive user. CGI is cheaper.

>Book isn't even good

Fuck off retard

Attached: 1544840753956.jpg (1280x665, 156K)

Take a guess how I know you’ve never read it.

>Jurassic Park is just a movie about dinosaurs killing people

Attached: 1523353646158.jpg (645x729, 81K)

that is terrible writing

It's one of his weakest.

Why not?

That would be Congo.

you can, he's just being contrarian.

>having characters with purpose is a bad thing

I want an Office style TV show about day-to-day park operations where the biggest threat isn't breakouts but layoffs and budget management, but that'll never happen

Attached: Jurassic.Park.1993.1080p.BRrip.x264.mp4_snapshot_01.37.36_[2017.09.15_22.20.12].png (1920x1040, 3.37M)

Please use reading comprehension before posting

I read this book in the 6th grade in 1992 and fucking loved it. I drew the iterations in ms paint in windows 3.11

youtu.be/MyyHEVmn8bE

R-rated reboot when

Did I say it was a bad thing? He’s a great character and it’s one of Goldblum’s best performances, I just said what his purpose as a character was. The movie would be pretty different if there wasn’t a dude there to go “bringing dinosaurs back to life is fucking dumb and will fuck with nature, stop doing that shit”

You're allowed to do it but you have to keep the aesthetic. They perfected the jurassic park aesthetic. Sure, make it more like the book, it could be neat, but don't fix what isn't broken.

Based

That's cool as fuck.

>I swear if we have sea bass for lunch one more goddamn time

Jurassic Park themes and symbolism are literally at the fourth grade level. and Yea Forums still doesn't get it.

Attached: 86b.jpg (290x290, 42K)

Which quotes are you saying don’t get it? I’m just saying that JP the movie isn’t that dumb, purely because of Goldblum’s character. If he wasn’t there it’d just be like Jurassic World where the park exists just so action set pieces can happen, which is a dumb movie.

If you don't understand the message Chrichton is beating you over the head with in Jurassic Park, I have good news for you. In state of fear, he literally just includes a thirty page essay at the end of the novel explaining why global warming is good or fake or something in case you didn't get his message in the book.

I dunno what the fuck the point of state of fear was because it's been so long since I read it, but I do remember the essay at the end to hammer home his point of braindead idiots.

I just skimmed them for retardation.

>animatronics costs less than CGI
you're not the smartest kid in the class, are you

So, in the entiretly of jurassic park, there are a grand total of 2 T-Rex animatronics, one full sized which wasn't very detailed for long shots, and 1 that was waist up only and was more detailed. All of thenon-CGI shots are using one of these 2 models. In the first two movies, there were a total of 3 full models, and 1 half model, shown in pic. As for the cost, literally no one will ever know, but Winston claimed it as a trade secret. In 1 interview, he claimed the cost between cgi and models was about the same, depending on how real you wanted each to look, but the models were a pain in the ass to use.

Attached: 252475_160313317369671_4544227_n.jpg (640x411, 69K)

>there were a total of 3 full models, and 1 half model
Talking about the raptors btw.

Thanks bro

Just in case anyone was wondering, the production cost for the original JP wouldn't be the top that netflix has spent for a season, since the crown cost $130 million to make.

Attached: costs.png (696x291, 39K)

>The novel was a cynical satire of capitalism
No it wasn't you brainlet pseud.

>all that math mumble jumble

Would they keep the part where the little dinosaurs eat the baby?

how about velociraptors WITH tits?

No, the movie is better.

Talking about science and how the park functions was the best part.

>miniseries
No, user. Things aren't magically improved by being made into serials. They might even turn out worse!

Couldn't be worse than Fallen Kingdom.

themes of the JP series.
the best intentions will be ruined by greedy people and rich people are entitled cunts.

>Hammond just wants to bring wonderment to children.
>Ned and his bosses fuck everything up
>because they did not want to do the research and Ned wanted more money for blow and whores.

>rich people just make land fall on the island and their daughter dies
>oh hey can you go check on the dinos and see if they are still alive?
>they really wanted to just scout out where the dinos were to capture them for a main land park

>Rich parents try to buy their kids happiness while they get divorced . fuck laws ! little timmy wants to see dinos!
>gets multiple people killed

>Pahjeet is running the park as Hammond would want.
>everything seems to be going well
>and than it turns out Dr.Wang and fat boy were just waiting for a perfect moment for a demonstration of their bio weapons

>hey buddy we need you to find your raptor pupper for us and make sure everything is fine on the island!
>turns out they just want to capture the dinos and sell them off as Bio-weapons.

The first quarter of the book is actually a lot of compelling and interesting detective work

>i dunno what the fuck the point of state of fear war
Fuck scientism
Fuck the media
Fuck the government

Retard

why?