Attached: midumber.png (756x377, 231K)

Other urls found in this thread:

editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/all-a24-movies-ranked/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good.

Pleb filter

Huge financial flop too

Pleb audiences once again get mad that there's no zombies or ghosts popping out of the walls every 3 seconds with a loud music sting telling them to jump and be scared.

more like Pissedgomers

Attached: tommy.jpg (400x400, 17K)

have sex

this

it’s called plebfilter, hombre

Attached: 226E7E30-FF03-4050-862B-4CE2B940FC55.jpg (1242x1235, 602K)

Fake and gay

Attached: 4028A564-2F53-4AD4-B90C-485A626AC0DE.png (828x1792, 1.32M)

lmao plebs absolutely seething

>tfw incels have to make shit up to feel less ostracized

Maybe the director should try to be less racist ???

Of course OP lied

Believe it or not theres actually such things as shitty movies

Maybe you should be less of a snowflake

>it's another Audience hates a24 distributed Horror film because it's a pleb filter episode

Fourth of July is tomorrow. It opened on a Tuesday, nor has it fully expanded. Don't expect it to push decent numbers till at least tomorrow.

>verified audience

Last Jedi really scared the shit out of Hollywood.

D-d-d-d-dropping like a stone

Attached: IMG_2802.png (640x1136, 557K)

post pleb filters

Attached: Bug.png (684x554, 590K)

It won’t push any numbers. No one is seeing it.

Bug is such a good movie.

Pic related is the most recent one.

Attached: Under-the-Silver-Lake-Poster.jpg (1431x2048, 447K)

>dude racism is cool
Maybe go back to /pol/

I was legitimately surprised that there wasn’t a bunch of brainlets laughing in my theater last night. When I saw The Witch and Hereditary in theaters, there was people laughing throughout each movie. I don’t know if it’s faggots trying to look like they aren’t scared or retards just laughing because the movies are more complex than the paranormal activity movies.

I liked Midsommar but I think Hereditary was much better.

Hereditary is shitty, overrated and you know it

I laughed at Hereditary. But that was because the retarded girl was funny. I was also drunk

Bug might be in my top 5 favorite films of the 2000s

I think the only reason it's rated so low is because Lionsgate mismarketed the fuck out of the film, giving it a Saw sort of vibe from it.

And midsommer is total crap and you know it

>Horror auteur to be reckoned with
Critics must be paid good money for outright fucking lies.

So why do incel freaks hate this one?

>auteur
what a fag

here's a pleb filter of the other kind

you're a pleb if you like it

Attached: 1561826169700.jpg (1080x1072, 413K)

90% of audience for horror flicks are teenage girls
Hereditary and Witch were both marketed towards conjuring fans. Hereditary had a Snapchat add with a bunch of emojis floating around
Of course they are gonna laugh at this stuff (though I liked both films , they were just marketed poorly)

>MUH PSYCHOLOGICAL SLOW BURN DRAMA IS FRIGGING SUPERIOR! HAHA PLEB AUDIENCES BTFO!

Attached: 1535939988747.png (667x770, 85K)

ALL CRITICS MUST FUCKING HANG

>snapchat
I’m not a zoomer

Attached: 1562096948062.jpg (605x658, 83K)

....okay?

Have not seen it, but I am sure that it is

except that a24 has yet to release a good movie

So did anyone else's theatres burst out into laughter last night during the sex scene? Mine did and I laughed so hard at the absurdity of the singing and ass pushing 10/10 I've never laughed so hard but felt so disturbed at the same time

You didnt answer the question you rat

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

Resetera won’t like this movie, (3) three PoC are killed

his facial expressions during that scene got me

It was when that one girl held Chris' hand and he looked at her while he was fucking that a group of teen girls shrieked with laughter in front of me.

Ok I'll bite, how is Midsommar racist?

RACK EM KING

Considering how polarizing Hereditary was between NPC’s and patricians, I’m conflicted.

same happened to Under the Silver Lake. i didn't even know what it was until someone recommended it, ironically i assume, in a conspiracy doc thread here. i wasn't big on It Follows, but this was a really interesting little follow up.

Man, lucky you. Actual humorous scenes aside, I had people in my theater laughing at the suicide of the two elders as well as the scene where Dani sees Christian fucking the Swedish girl. Totally ruins the atmosphere when you hear shit like that.

yeah because we all know audience scores are the best barometer when it comes to kino since normies have such good taste. what the fuck happened to this board?

exactly

absolutely based

Attached: 1562014243980.jpg (2300x2300, 604K)

/Pol/ and Yea Forums invasion

The audience really ruined Hereditary for me, but I also went into it expecting a Conjuring tier 2spooky4u ooga booga demon possession movie. It was filled with nonwhites and teenagers who would each “cluck” every time Charlie did and collectively laughed every time anything “scary” happened. The movie still left me uneasy and jumpy for a few days, I wonder how much more it would effected me had I watched it in complete silence.

Wew lad! Look at all these rustled shills ITT. You can’t even hide it anymore

I'm glad I didn't catch wind of Hereditary until after it was out of theaters. I watched it alone at home in complete silence and darkness and the movie seriously shook me, in the actual sense, not the tumblr "HOLY SHIT IM SHAKING U GUYS" way.

>it's another Yea Forums constantly plays the contrarian faggot angle but ALSO tries to shit on anything that isn't commercially/financially successful when they feel like it episode

cringe desu desu

Attached: 09360260-5511-43E4-92BE-BCF300FE373E.jpg (1200x900, 142K)

>somehow getting mad that an extremely deep flaw in a rating system was fixed
what kind of brain damage is this

I like that this image doubles as being a list of good horror recommendations.

The movie is confirmed the closest and most accurate depiction of a satanic ritual. The little girl who played Charlie was forced to read Anton LaVey’s satanic trio (Satanic Bible, Satanic Rituals, and The Satanic Witch). If it got to you, you confirmed NOT an NPC, it was your soul counteracting the demonically charged magick.

The most enraging part about this is that I can’t tell if people calling The Zodiac a horror movie are memeing or if that’s an actual thing

under the silver lake is just a boring rehash of inherent vice, the long goodbye, big lebowski, etc.

THIS

>zodiac vintage
Noroi and Audition are both older than it. Audition is the same year as Blair Witch, too.

Zodiac isn't really a horror movie but it still manages to be scarier than most horror movies.

how were you bored during that?

but yeah obviously it's along the same lines as "quirky LA noir-throwback". i was just glad they didn't pull a "he was actually in an insane asylum the whole time", but i dug the different shit he stumbles into. it's not perfect.

I didn't ask for your /x/ schizo opinion.

In my opinion, UTSL is a mess structurally, which hinders the centeral character arc and how it communicates its theme.

It felt like it was more obsessed with its super thoughtout puzzels and references then telling a precise, meaningful story.

I've seen it 3 times now, since I do think it is an interesting movie and I am curious what other people's feelings and reactions are. Each time I've seen it, I walk away feeling like the theme is more of a statement than an argument and that the impetus behind the movie is half baked at best.

But at least it was original and had some really cool ideas in it (like the Homeless King).

I loved the movie but I completely agree that it's kinda half-baked and a sloppy mess in its execution. I wasn't surprised when afterward I read that DRM made this. It Follows was also a very well shot but half-baked sloppy, meandering mess. But It Follows had shit characters who did fuck all for most of the screen time, this one was crammed with interesting characters and scenarios--like a really well made cake that somebody then covers with 6 lb of icing flowers.

DRM seems to get off on ultra subtlety. Like in It Follows, when we don't even know for certain if she fucked the boat guys but can assume it based on the context clues. I really wasn't thinking about this guy's personal struggle as a failed Hollywood-ite until he's talking to Elvis's grandkid at the end about sucking it up and living with your choices or whatever and he glances at the HOLLYWOOD sign. I'll have to rewatch it to see what I pick up on the next time.

Imperfect, but like you said, original with cool ideas. My bar is very low these days.

Why do people watch scary movies? I don't find this sort of genre appealing at all.

OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1551626610505.jpg (612x375, 41K)

>a really well made cake that somebody then covers with 6 lb of icing flowers.

Lol, great way of putting it. I'm stealing this.

> I really wasn't thinking about this guy's personal struggle as a failed Hollywood-ite until he's talking to Elvis's grandkid at the end about sucking it up and living with your choices or whatever and he glances at the HOLLYWOOD sign.

Hey that's a good point. That's one of the reasons why I've rewatched it so many times, there are a lot of little things to pick up on and think about, I just wish there was more of a core to support it all.

But I definitely feel what you meant about the bar being low these days. I'd rather have something poorly executed and original then another competent rehash.

This movie was terrible.
This movie was also terrible.
Hereditary was meh.
The difference being The Witch is actually good.
The Witch, SHining, The Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby and Alien are good movies, the rest is trash.
I only save the car scene of Zodiac with the mom and the infant, that still makes me shit my pants.

I've never seen a more worthless movie in my life. I wanted to like it but it's just stupid.

>69
heh

Cus its based on white scandinavian culture, incel redditors hate that the show isnt about niggers

>there were a bunch of zoomers in my audience
>well here's why
>whoah fuck off I'm not a zoomer

based genius IQ user

dumb ESL poster.

I thought the meandering-ness was kind of a good thing because it represented how vast the situation was and how much was going on- and how one has to put theirself through all this shit that ultimately doesn't matter in the end.

What, you mad I called your beloved movie shit, you tasteless bitch?

There aren't any black people in the pagan death cult, a ridiculous oversight given the strides black people have made in the fields of cults, rape, and cannibalism over the years, this lack of diversity is what's wrong with hollywood.

You can tell people are trying SO hard to like it because it's an A24 film and because Hereditary was really good that this feels like their first brush up against a real "arthouse" film. If you dislike it, you're actually a pedestrian flick watcher! Nevermind that this is just a genre thriller or that the story and themes are shallow or that the camera work is overbearingly dizzying with constant spinning and bright colors. It's predictable, the characters are stereotypical; Aster handles the dynamic between Dani and Christian with no nuance, punishing Christian with human sacrifice because he is a kinda inattentive boyfriend.

Ari Aster wanted his Green Inferno except have it appeal to pseudo-intellectuals. He threw an anthropologist into a death cult, but also a feminist champion overcoming gaslighting.

What have Mike and Jay said? Then I'll start loving/shit talking it.

They've released plenty of good movies

I predict mike will be meh and jay will love it

agreed

Jay will be too exhausted from fapping to 'California Hunks' to even stay awake during the screening.

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT

To add onto that I also predict Mike will crack jokes about it the entire time.

>WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING???

sounds about KINO

Hereditary fucking sucked and I'm sure this movie sucks too.

who care about audience score

A24 is the definiton of pleb trash disguised as patrician

>a24 releases nothing but good movi-

editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/all-a24-movies-ranked/

the truest itt

>the camera work is overbearingly dizzying with constant spinning and bright colors
The fact that people are praising the cinematography simply because it's something they haven't seen before or because some shots just look "nice" is the definition of pleb. None of the cinematography add to the film. Doesn't make it any more unsettling nor interesting. It's just all this extra flourish to hide the fact that nothing in the film is actually any bit horrific.

all of them should be 0%

Correct. Watched it years ago after hearing a lot of praise and it was one of the worst, most self-indulgent movies I've ever seen. The best thing to come out of this was all the drama behind it. The director is esentially mobbing people into financing it or some shit.
The only good thing was Willem Dafoe.

>Eighth Grade
>First Reformed
>A Prayer Before Dawn
>Ex Machina
>A Most Violent Year
>Under the Skin
>0%
Ex Machina was a fucking meme on Yea Forums for months

>leave patrician indie films to me

Attached: IFC Films.jpg (474x296, 6K)

The average audience review

Probably has never seen a single surreal arthouse film and watches maybe one international film a year.

Attached: imsmarterthanothers.jpg (739x139, 11K)

>and me

Attached: 1554562589185.jpg (2190x1080, 621K)

Shhh, let the /pol/yp wallow in his mud.

The problem is that it really does exclude people in the audience score that would actually rate against critics. Most people who are verified are people who use RT religiously, rating literally every movie they see and they watch a lot of movies. It's not representative of people who watch maybe six new movies a year.

He has never cast a Latina in any of his movies
/thread

Something about the babadook really makes me uncomfortable

I was lucky enough to see the movie in a largely silent cinema. I dunno if i just lucked out or what but i dont think I heard a single laugh or anything from the rest of the audience to spoil the atmosphere. When I was done enjoying the movie I then bought a second ticket and proceeded to laugh as hard and loud as i possibly could throughout my entire second viewing (to ruin the experience for the next batch of viewers that came in to make sure that my previous viewing experience remained as unique as possible). FUCK you ONLY I am allowed to enjoy things.

Attached: lain laughing.jpg (600x600, 78K)

>>Ex Machina was a fucking meme on Yea Forums for months
So?
>having to buy a second ticket to view the movie another time
This is probably the biggest reason why I don't go to the theater anymore. When I was a kid you could just stay in your seat and watch the next screening.

>giving any kind of fuck what RT has to say about absolutely anything
Congratulations, you're a pleb.

>Underlining "audience" in "audience score"
Unintentionally a good indicator of the intelligence of someone who 1. Takes ratings seriously and 2. Takes audience ratings seriously

keep telling yourself that commie

Based

shutup cringekid

reddit