I don't get it

i don't get it

Attached: dr-strangelove_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/HTpFghWG1u7Vr9s2cDzMew/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/dcClhlyMCXH3Tnib588Iug/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/6kpgYyYVjlgufe1yLM1QhQ/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/nNTC9IdW_xclPr2niSZfJw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fluoridation of water is lowering male testosterone which leads to impotence and the degeneration of society we see today

Attached: Dr. Strangelove (1).png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

>DUDE FLUORIDE RULES!!!

Attached: 1534623649029.png (764x800, 293K)

you're going to have to answer to the coca-cola company XDDDD so funni

lol this dumb american guy is just like my stupid dad with all sorts of rules that dont even make sense!! i wish my dad was british then he would be COOL

Dr. Strangelove created a situation where ten attractive young American women would be forced to have sex with him.

That's because you've been dumbed down.

It's basically an intellectually dishonest take on pic related and/or on its author. Kubrick held the view that nuclear stratagems that factor in millions of dead and still try to somehow minimize impact within the horrible dimensions of killing already at hand, or gain the upper hand in what may be called a scorched earth standoff, are intrisically inhuman and misanthropic, when in reality the presence of thermonuclear weapons and (during the cold war) the absolute infeasibility of mutual disarmament posed no alternative to thinkers like Kahn or think tanks like the Rand Corporation.
The question of whether the survivors will envy the dead was directly taken from the book and dealt with in a grotesquely superficial manner.
Basically, while entertaining and bizarre, Dr. Strangelove is a brainlet take on "On Thermonuclear War".

Attached: 41-ytZq7AFL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg (333x499, 23K)

why is this film so painfully unfunny?

why do you keep making this thread? is it autism?

Was he supposed to be a rip off MacArthur? If so, would him becoming the american Caesar and cleaning our water truly be a bad thing?

He's a parody of Edward Teller, one of the designers of the 1st thermonuclear device and famous advocate for the nuclear arms race.

Attached: www.usnews.com.jpg (640x420, 48K)

If you don’t understand Strangelove you’re actually retarded

How many times did you laugh though??

Dr. Strangelove is the Bob Dylan of film. Both are adored by boomers and redditors; men of taste recognize that both are completely devoid of artistic merit.

Attached: 0981098510918059815.jpg (207x244, 8K)

Daily reminder that OP is an actual turboautist who makes the same exact thread multiple times per day about how a 55 year old film is not funny enough to him.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/HTpFghWG1u7Vr9s2cDzMew/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/dcClhlyMCXH3Tnib588Iug/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/6kpgYyYVjlgufe1yLM1QhQ/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/nNTC9IdW_xclPr2niSZfJw/

Do you judge the quality of a film by how many laughs you had? Are you 12?

The first time, a few. I’ve seen it 20 times now

But the movie is a comedy? Like how horror movies should scare you, comedy should make you laugh

Is a comedy only judged by how many setup-punchline jokes it has? Is a horror only judged by how many le spooks it has?

No one talks about Dr. Strangelove like it's the most "le funny xD" comedy ever made, they say it's a great film, no matter the situational humor in it. Same with In Bruges, no one watches that film and claps to himself HAHAHA OMG SO FUNNY HAHHAHAHAAH BEST COMEDY EVER, but everyone praises it because it's a great film first and foremost, the banter is just one component of it.
Same with horror, you judge it as a film first and foremost, not by how many ebin spooks it has.

You take these studio slapped genre tags as if it's the definite and non negotiable, a film can either be a strict slapstick comedy or a serious drama and nothing inbetween for you. You don't judge a drama by how much "drama" there is in the film, you judge it as a film. Same should be done for any film.

I recognized the comedic nature of the film but didn't laugh at all. It's like a slow-burn horror movie without any jump scares.

You're not supposed to laugh, you're supposed to sit there and smile knowingly, the superior specimen that you are. The people who constantly rave about this movie are the same people who recommend New Yorker comics to their friends and coworkers and can't stop talking about how clever and funny New Yorker comics are, and how clever and smart they are for appreciating "high art" like Dr. Strangelove and New Yorker comics.

lmao who got to your fee fees with mere new yorker comics

I had to take a film history course once, and when the professor said that this was the next film we were going to watch there was this one kid who screamed "YES! OH MY GOD THAT MOVIE IS SO FUNNY!" While we watched it he made sure to belly laugh at every little joke, and then looked around for approval. He was one of those Tim Burton fags who dressed up like a clown every day, and to nobody's surprise he eventually became a tranny.