Far From Home BTFO

>You won't find the true meaning of marvel in Spider-Man Far From Home

>Spider-Man: Far From Home, the latest Marvel glue-trap, is yet another sequel, but this one has a Pixar title and a Pixar plot about returning to sentimental origins — American high-school kids on the old-fashioned school trip abroad get disoriented in the newly destabilized Europe.

>Homesickness is a bland point, especially for the first Marvel release to follow that apocalypse-not sequel Endgame. Away from home, teenage Spider-Man Peter Parker (Tom Holland) acts out a personal foreign policy, courting MJ, the new biracial girl-next-door (Zendaya). But this plot device, in which Spidey realizes duty and hormones, feels gimmicky to anyone not suckered by the Marvel-Pixar contrivance that makes formula analogous to “home.” (Think of the desolation expressed in that Morrissey song “Home Is a Question Mark.”)

Attached: King of tv.jpg (300x279, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/2019/07/film-review-spider-man-far-from-home-the-new-king-of-comedy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The idea of sequels is debased in Far From Home. But Stephen Chow’s The New King of Comedy validates that notion through affable genius. Marvel merely exploits its followers’ loyalty through repetitious plot turns and CGI hijinks. Far From Home’s F/X set-pieces merely bowdlerize the school-bus horror in Man of Steel and the crushing monster shockwave in Transformers: Dark of the Moon — landmarks that, for their poetic depth and aesthetic intensity, are not easily surpassed. But Chow respects his audience’s sophistication. Chow makes all of Far From Home’s gimmickry, and the ethnic exploitation of Into the Spider-Verse, not matter.

Link nationalreview.com/2019/07/film-review-spider-man-far-from-home-the-new-king-of-comedy/

I thought the movie was awesome as a major spidey fan. Enjoy your chink film.

>I thought the movie was awesome as a major spidey fan.

Attached: d20.jpg (489x623, 58K)

You don't belong here, mousefag

>major spidey """""fan"""""
Yeah, you probably own the hollywood movies on DVD and that's it

The movie was amazing. Best Spider-man film so far.

Definitely. Anyone who hasn't seen the film is missing out.

The fact that you make fun of someone for simply enjoying something makes me think that you possibly live a very sad and shallow existence.

Disney shills out in full force today

>2 positive comments about a movie that made 100 million dollars + before even releasing in the US

>DISNEY SHILLS OUT IN FULL FORCE BRO IT'S CRAZY

NOOOOOOO

DELET

Attached: 1461281499857.jpg (679x864, 86K)

>the school-bus horror in Man of Steel and the crushing monster shockwave in Transformers: Dark of the Moon — landmarks that, for their poetic depth and aesthetic intensity, are not easily surpassed.

BASED as all fuck

Attached: 151126591576799.jpg (988x1059, 163K)

you may as well have rage comics saved onto your computer

You gotta go back

Attached: 3RFR.gif (305x200, 2.18M)

continue seething

Attached: 1543363710595.gif (800x800, 230K)

Mysterio reveals that Peter is spider man on daily bugle via JJ

Peter and MJ kiss after final battle

Ned has a relationship with a classmate for the trip

Peter slaps Flash so hard he loses consciousness for a minute , finally.

The CGI during the second act is amazing, watch in 3d for sure.

I'm not going to watch it because I have no friends and I like making fun of people who enjoy things.

Sounds great, but I'll watch it just for Tom's cute butt alone; everything else will be a bonus.

i bet your favorite film franchise is transformers

Spider-Man sucks

Attached: 1538201647284.gif (226x151, 254K)

>simply enjoying something

If that's a valid rebuke to criticism and irony no one ever deserves to be made fun of. The fact that you're trying to twist criticism into dishonest euphemisms and sophistry makes me think you're seething roastie. Am I wrong?

bro no shit there's a shot near the end of the film where spidey's ass is just POPPIN

you'll know when you see

yeah yeah yeah you have no friends i understand

>so bad, even armond can't be contrarian and pretend to like it

marvel niggers on suicide watch

Toastier conformed

>Toastier
is that some incel term im not aware of?

Not an argument.

CHOW ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

Attached: IMG_2799.jpg (639x397, 65K)

He never likes Disney or Pixar or MCU shit, newfag

Nobody cares what this retard thinks.

Note this person sleeps in a bed with his wife, now picture the people who post this

Ironic isn't it

Shill or newfag? You be the judge!

shouldn't you be getting excited for the next product?

>The fact that you make fun of someone for simply enjoying something makes me think that you possibly live a very sad and shallow existence.

Attached: 1539652999280.png (267x348, 136K)

Hahaha you're so mad you have to reply 20 fucking times

You're an overgrown child and your obsession with childish things definitely shows

I'm not the one pretending to be 3 people. Enjoy your day autismo

>Hahaha you're so mad you have to reply 20 fucking times

Attached: 1555205033335.png (1650x711, 1.48M)

based blackman

That was my first post in this thread you delusional overly-defensive faggot

lol faggot

I'm only correcting you so you don't sound foolish, retard

>feels gimmicky to anyone not suckered by the Marvel-Pixar contrivance that makes formula analogous to “home.”

I know he gets payed by the word, but come the fuck on, can't he just make it easier to read, this fucking confused me for 10 minutes.

It's not that hard to understand, man. He's saying Marvel and Pixar have trained their audiences to find familiarity and predictability comfortable.

Now, what you wrote seems easier to me to understand and read, that was ten times better,

I'll say this about the clucks at least they have girlfriends who buy them a Nintendo Switch.

The King of Yea Forums does it again!
Shut up redditor.

Attached: 1555096996736.jpg (517x462, 57K)

>Mysterio reveals that Peter is spider man on daily bugle via JJ
where the fuck was JJ i didn't see him at all in the movie and keep seeing screenshots on here?

i did go for a piss break so maybe i missed it

He likes Disney, he just hates the current state of Disney

In the Dumbo review, he mentioned he liked the classic animated films Disney used to make and he liked the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie

>Disney
>It's a Sony movie

Have sex

Imagine how much Based Armond absolutely LOATHES having too watch so much MCU capeshit every year. I can't think of a worse punishment.

Attached: Armond Black.jpg (462x640, 143K)

God damn I laughed my ass off when Happy tried to toss that shield like Cap.

It was the mid-credits scene.

cope

Attached: 1461284493363.jpg (708x632, 78K)

Disney and Pixar are garbage nowadays so what's the point here

If I could make a decent living writing about movies I wouldn't complain, no matter how much trash I'd have to watch. At least I could openly call it trash and get paid for it.

If you haven't noticed, Armond is the only critic who regularly rips on Disney and that's because he's a black homosexual who writes for a tiny irrelevant newspaper. Anybody else would get deep sixed by The Mouse.

>Peter slaps Flash so hard he loses consciousness for a minute , finally.

I might watch it for this.

This guy is based for reinforcing my opinion!

Attached: 1518380846293.jpg (387x437, 40K)

These “people” are miserable and dead inside

I can’t wait until one of your co-workers snaps and shoots you fucks up

"Put away childish things" is about maturing out of childish misconceptions- it's not about literally hiding your comic books and action figures. True adults are secure in their love for whatever they love- those who would bully them for that are the childish ones.

>2/3 of the excerpt consists of buzzwords
>no other argument than 'plot point not original'
this is supposed to be the based armond white

>I can’t wait until one of your co-workers snaps and shoots you fucks up

Attached: 1560793821978.png (450x422, 82K)

back to reading David Ehrlich, faggot

>MOMMY HE MADE FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET

>Note this person sleeps in a bed with his wife and his bull, now picture the people who post this
FTFY

>back to reading David Ehrlich, faggot

Attached: angry soi.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>projecting this hard

Attached: madjak.jpg (232x217, 7K)

>Mysterio reveals that Peter is spider man on daily bugle via JJ

You know what makes this half-ass bullshit? The Sokovia Accords. The entire point of them is that if superhumans want to be do-gooders, they have to have sanction and public accountability. They won't shut the fuck up about how Pete's an Avenger. By the international law that governs them, that means Pete's identity already *should* be a matter of public record.

They could have done the Civil War arc justice and made Pete, the non-joiner with trust issues who's worried about bad guys going after his friends and family, an outlaw from the get-go, one that S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers try to turn a blind eye to. That would have already guven JJJ the grist he needed for his smear campaign and Mysterio framing him all the smoking gun JJJ needed to start braying for the authorities to bring that menace to justice, but that's way too much like actual storytelling for Disney.

Convoluted, self-contradictory shitshow.

The Sokovia accords probably stopped being enforced after Thanos killed half the planet, stupid.

that literally never happened, bugman

>implying the identity of Superheroes would be available to the public just because they work for the government
Just like the identity of spies is known to the public, right retard?

Then that should be a point in the dialogue. "Probably" is a bullshit excuse for a poorly thought-out, bullshit story. It is way, way too early in Pete's career for him to even consider becoming an Avenger. That's why these aren't Spider-Man movies. They're Iron Boy movies.

He's still not really an Avenger, he's just dealing with guys fucking around with advanced technology on a scale he can deal with.

They said flat out in Endgame that world governments were in a shambles and stayed that way.

Tony's identity is public knowledge. So is Banner's, Cap's, Falcon's, Ant-Man's, the Wasp's, Black Panther's, and Thor doesn't even have any other name.

Peter Parker walking around without a mask just introducing himself to other superhumans is utter bullshit. He has trust issues for reasons that should be obvious.

Fury repeatedly refers to him as an Avenger and filling Tony's shoes. That's not remotely Spider-Man, but that's the shit we're stuck with.

That literally was not Nick Fury.

You think that makes it better?

Yes, because he was just smooth-talking him. Either shut up or stop watching the MCU.

Didn't Tony Stark have a huge mental breakdown about how a single human shouldn't have so much power? Wasn't that one of the reasons he ended up having a "civil war" with Captain America and half the Avengers? Why would he hand over EDITH to Peter Parker just like that?

Because he liked his instincts.

he's a conservative black homosexual
he's a fucking treasure

>the identity of Superheroes who disclosed their identity to the public is a matter of public record
You sure are retarded

shill. every disney release comes with disneyshills flooding this board, calling everybody who criticizes disney or its movies incels.

>wojack posting
Have sex

>a man denied his skin color

Attached: Spider-Man_PS4_Selfie_Photo_Mode_LEGAL.jpg (3840x2160, 1.73M)

>reading through this thread
[cringe intensifies]

>he unironically uses "tour de force" in his review
how the mighty have fallen

>Have sex posting

Attached: 1561799908989.png (656x356, 20K)

Do not have sex.

Attached: Kreia do not mate.jpg (640x313, 36K)

With the money of their boyfriends and let's not forget their bull, of course.

Attached: armondheader.jpg (337x64, 6K)

>apocalypse-not sequel Endgame
Based

>Chow makes all of Far From Home’s gimmickry, and the ethnic exploitation of Into the Spider-Verse, not matter.

This man never fucking disappoints.

I already did. Actual Peter Parker wouldn't be enticed by that sort of bait. And why does a Skrull know who he is?

You sure are a fanatic dipshit who doesn't get what public accountability means.