Are you angry that JJ Abrams is going to retcon The Last Jedi? I really liked that twist

Are you angry that JJ Abrams is going to retcon The Last Jedi? I really liked that twist.

Attached: Screenshot_20190703-115228_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 581K)

I never gave a shit about her parentage. All I wanted to know was why she was so strong with no training. Her already getting training and then mind wiped to forget it would be a good explanation, at least until TLJ made it clear neither Luke or Snoke had any idea who she was prior to her showing up in TLJ.

Her whole character was defined by her wanting to mew her family. Star Wars at its core is about family. JJ got this, Rian didn’t.

No one cares anymore. Star Wars is dead. I'm only interested in watching how badly it fails.

Not at all. In fact I look forward to it. This is going to be JUSTice League levels of damage control.

I actually am a little annoyed, it makes Kylo a liar.

>The twist is there is no twist lol

If you enjoy this kind of shitty writing just go see knives out

Im angry none of it made any sense and i was watching a shitty movie.

I didn't mind her parents being nobody pieces of shits, I do mind that at the moment, her innate ability to do everything with the force so easily can only be explained as downloading Kylo's training.

her parents aren't interesting to her
snokes identity isn't interesting to her
LET THE PAST DIE
PROGRESS INTO THE FEMALE FUTURE

How did you guys make it through TLJ

I actually liked the fact she was a nobody.

They could easily make it so that Kylo was just making shit up though. We have no proof he actually knew who her parents were and given at the time he was ranting about forgetting the past and forging a new future I can see him saying something like "It doesn't matter who your parents were, they're figuratively nobodies now".

He's a bigger hack than Rian.

Rian tried to innovate a dead francise, abrams just photocopied Lucas's works

>Rian tried to innovate a dead francise
All he did was just say you were wrong and didn't offer better arcs to build upon

You’re just as shit as he is, Rian. So please fuck off.

Even Kylo's scar was retconned - again, so maybe "restored" is the right term. Rian ignored JJ, now is his turn.

>Rian tried to innovate a dead francise
Not the in the second part of a trilogy in the 8th movie of the series. You wanna innovate do it in a standalone film

How would Kylo know about Rey's parents?

With gritted teeth.

thats a story for another time!

dont care

laughing
i was on Yea Forums watching the camrip in a livestream

>Episode VII: My parents... left me behind, left on a starship... such mystery
>Episode VIII: Ayyyyy lmao, doesn't matter, nothing, special, who cares
>Episode IX: My parents... I have to know, such mystery...

This fucking franchise, honestly.

This is worse. If you’re gonna do something at least follow through on it. All this tells me is that they have no faith in their own film so why should I.

Star Wars died the second they cast some fugly bong bitch as the lead of an American epic sci-fi classic.

>retcon

I always assumed that Kylo Ren was lying just to be a nasty, Machiavellian villain.

Like, if I was in ISIS and I wanted to get you to join ISIS, I'd probably start by making you feel socially isolated and alienated and demotivate you by making you think I'm the only person with your best interests at heart

>user, nobody fucking likes you, nobody fucking cares about you, I'm pretty much the only person who gives a shit whether you live or die. Your parents are disappointed in you, you have no gf, and now you don't even have good Star Wars movies. So you might as well hang out with me and do ISIS stuff because I'm pretty much the only person in your life with anything in common with you who wants to talk to you or hang out with you.

One of the only things this movie got right was Kylo Ren being a dick and trying to manipulate Rey into thinking she's totally alone and unloved.

Attached: 1510093190028.png (540x406, 348K)

Grim determination

True. She dun boipassed

Obi-Wan’s a filthy liar too. So what?

So it means JJ is once again shamelessly stealing ideas from the OT movies.

who cares. SW died a long time ago in my heart

kek

In other words, IX is about family and that's what makes it so important.

Episode VIII: Let the past DIE, kill it if you have to.

Episode IX: Hey remember the Skywalkers? We named the whole film about them! Remember Lando? Remember The Emperor? Remember Princess Leia? Even though she's fucking DEAD in real life we cgi'd her back to life just for you!

Its going to be fucking hilarious watching Disney recton all this shit to pander to fans after the colossal fuck up TLJ.

Watch out, someone will show up and say to you "BUT IT WAS THE VILLAIN WHO SAID LET THE PAST DIE" even though shills for the film were fixated on that message and it was also being pushed by Luke and Yoda indirectly.

Attached: 1555430876471.jpg (884x2271, 245K)

How do I do Isis stuff?

You wrote a better movie than Disney. I would say bravo, but it's not that hard.

So when is this coming out?

The fact she was a nobody was perfectly serviceable. I don't want to know that she's just by sheer fucking coincidence a Skywalker or a Kenobi because MUH FAN THEORIES!

As if one plot point is going to save this trilogy. Eat my ass.

inb4 Boba Fett shows up out of nowhere

Since they just rehash stuff from the old ones but OMG BIGGER they'll make her have 0 parents instead of Anakin's virgin birth. The force just willed her to be, which is why her parents were nobody. It's all in those books she stole from the tree.

Attached: 4L_RmBjpxz6.jpg (1000x1778, 748K)

This goy's right on the money and they'll say She was the chosen one all along

The whole nu wars is a "one up" of the original.

Vader was Luke's father.

Palpatine is Rey's.

>Palpatine is Rey's.
WAT

That... would actually make sense. Just like Anakin, then.

>Anakin's now canon as Palpatine's Son

>Lucas didn't plan shit for the original trilogy, surely we can do the same thing YOLO!

the twist that there was no twist? it's only a twist because everyone in the world was tweeting about her parentage

Remember Pixar a Disney company taking the high ground for princess tropes they created in Wreck it Ralph 2?

Remember Wreck it Ralph 1 finishing with Ralph reviving the game by using other copyrighted characters, financed by the company that pushed for a law to extend the copyright duration twice?

Why the fuck did everyone care so much about Rey being a fucking skywalker or whatever? Her family being nobodies is fine. If you think that was a bad twist you're a redditor.

>If you think that was a bad twist you're a redditor.
>mmm grayons

Why does she want to mew her family? uwu

Not canon.

You guys already know this is Rey's mother, or even grandmother. Make it so, JJ, and make the Solo movie relevant.

Attached: qira (2).jpg (780x508, 46K)

The Trashy Mavel Comics not canon then, good.

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (751x569, 73K)

But was it Kylo being a dick, or Snoke manipulating him to be a dick, because the only reason Kylo and Rey have any connection AT ALL, is because of Snokes manipulation? It doesn't fucking work. It's either all Snokes evil mustachioing, or there's a real connection. How would Snoke even be aware of Rey in the first place, to bring her into the story?
Granted, JJ set up a different backstory, foreshadowing some connection between Rey and Luke, that Rian dropped his pants and took a greasy shit on, with his fucked up script, for "muh subverted expectations", and let the story hacks at Lucas fill in the blanks with Stronk Womins nonsense.
That's why his only defense for his shit writing is acting like a snotty 12 year old on social media - instead of having an actual, credible defense for his art, he resorts to "muhdick" insults, because he knows he's a fraud and a hack, and cares more about being stroked than making a decent, cohesive story.
The most mindblowing part is they're still handing him millions of dollars to make more paper plates of diarrhea for public consumption, and the asslappers in the media will stroke his tiny pud for those Mouse Bucks.

The failure of Solo and Galaxy's Edge are just the beginning. I'm gonna enjoy this shitshow, as Disney burns like a UMG warehouse on fire. I want Kennedy and Johnson and Abrams and Iger and everyone else involved with this farce to be remembered in history as the biggest failures in the history of entertainment.

It's really subverting my expectations.

SEEEEEETHING!!!!!!

This is the most unhype Star Wars movie in story..maybe even more than Solo...not even SW fanboys care about this,

It's not even a twist...just lazy writing...

Star Wars, for 6 movies, was about the Skywalker family. It's a reasonable expectation that the final three would be more about the Skywalker family - which partly it is, with Kylo, through Leia. Which makes Rey even more unlikely as a Skywalker, as they're blood relatives if she is, which makes the whole love subplot awkward, like Luke trying to fuck his sister was in the first movie. JJ might have even been setting up a callback to that, with Rey discovering she's related to Kylo, but Johnson pretty much destroyed any hope of that.
I'm not saying Abram's script was good, but a talented writer could have smoothed out the rough edges and plotholes from TFA and made a fun, compelling movie. But instead we got a pile of steaming turds from a hack, who made a shaky story worse.

I haven't seen a stars film since I watched a shitty cam rip of the force awakens

Yes we do

My friend drove to the theater and my car was at his place.

Why would anyone watch these movies after force awakens?

She's Palpatines daughter. Its pretty obvious.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. On hand hand there's no way to make Rey the daughter of any familiar character that wouldn't feel contrived and lazy, on the other hand it's been so obviously built up that having her parents not be anyone special feels just as contrived. Basically, it's Last Jedi's big problem. Making a big show of building something up and then acting clever when you're subverting expectations by simply not doing it.

Then again, I don't blame Johnson. He had no choice where to start the movie, chances are he was also told how it had to end and to add insult to injury the starting point he was given was so lazy and derivative that he could either do a knock off of Empire Strikes Back, or take the piss and basically spend the whole movie clowning around because morning's gonna matter by the next one anyway.

>chances are he was also told how it had to end
He's publically stated he had 100% decision making power to decide where the story went. That's the problem, they didn't write the story first, and then hire directors to film them. Or, should I say, Kennedy didn't do that, this buck stops at her desk. But Johnson wasn't her only bad decision, she's had director problems on every movie made since she took over.

And, they rushed to get these movies out, because the Mouse wanted to get paid back for their purchase, and Kennedy was more than willing to accomodate them, like the whore that she is. Remember when the deal finalized, and they were jerking themselves off over a new Star Wars EVERY YEAR, and they had plans for 20 years of new movies?

Yeah.

Shocker, it turned out to be an utter shitshow.

>>chances are he was also told how it had to end
>He's publically stated he had 100% decision making power to decide where the story went.

I'm not buying it. I'm sure stuff like the space Monaco subplot was all his idea but I find it extremely unlikely that certain cornerpoints, like Kylo assuming control of the First Order, Luke dying,the rebellion being decimated and so on weren't given to him. They were definitely rushing the new trilogy but giving complete control to a single writer without at least giving him an outline... That's not Disney.

>She's Palpatines daughter. Its pretty obvious.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But didn't Palpatine "die" like 30 years before TFA? Would she have been conceived when Palpatine was in hiding or whatever shit he was doing? She's like, what, 15 or so in the last movie?