Yea Forums would never admit that this is the most soulful work of art of the last 40 years

Yea Forums would never admit that this is the most soulful work of art of the last 40 years.

Attached: 1531131998968.jpg (1200x800, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=05QV4n4G0nk&feature=youtu.be&t=178
youtube.com/watch?v=BH3dyx06Df0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably not, because it has an awful fan base.

I love it though.

>WHOA, I'M A 28 YEAR OLD NIHILIST AND THIS IS SO RELATABLE!

Reddit incarnate

Reddit horse show

It had one good season but its been shit for about four

this
/thread

right here

Woah, are you me?

This show had more soul in an hour and a half than Bojack does in its entire run.

Attached: joeperatalks_fbsearchTn.jpg (250x250, 27K)

This. I upvote this show more than any other. I don't know anyone who's dared to downvote it

it's one of those shows that glamorizes being depressed so you even feel less inclined to deal with it
avoid it like the plague

No it doesn’t. It’s literally a show where everybody keeps telling Bojack he needs help and to change.

cringe, go back

Only the first two seasons are good.

Then you realize you're watching a sappy cartoon about a perpetually depressed horse. Gay.

look at the way they seethe

>implying this wasn't a Yea Forums approved show with a general when it aired

>most soulful work of art of the last 40 years
I mean, it's arguably the best show currently being produced on any platform, but let's not get crazy.

Moral Orel did it much better

essential

>drink and drug sad horse is so relatable
>haha everyone but me is seething

What's actually wrong with reddit?

it filled to the brim with leftist propaganda

It really isn't.

More like "most forgettable". I can't remember 90% of the shit they ever talked about.

If Donald Trump was a character in Bojack Horseman, what kind of animal would they make him, and what would his animal pun name be?

>douchebag character regrets past bad decisions, and continues to be a douchebag who makes bad decisions
KINO

furry trash
never watched it
never will

Got to maintain that status quo.

It's certainly the best television show of the last 40 years.

Yes, though it attracts insufferable faggots of reddit and instagram type.

Only insufferable types here are the ones who keep talking about reddit like it was 2010.

this

also
>all fields

It's a decent show at best, some funny moments but too much drama. I can't take the drama seriously because the characters are literally anthropomorphic cartoon animals.
I stopped after season 2 it got too boring and obnoxious.

Except it shits on nihilism

>Bojack Horseman
>nihilism
based retard

samefag

Whenever someone tells me they like this show, they are always either a whinny cunt, or a "oh woe is me" constant pity party.

Attached: braaap.png (623x213, 13K)

>Netflix's BoReddit Gagman

Attached: 1516429302479.jpg (575x651, 65K)

>muh depression
>is a millionaire and has sex on regular basis
fuck off

Attached: 1541348113226.gif (320x180, 806K)

Pic related did it better.

Attached: welcome_to_the_NHK_mom_call.jpg (1920x1018, 544K)

It's more a different flavor; they're really incomparable.

>t. redditor

Dropped after the first episode. Called every twist, character was a whinny unlikeable faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=05QV4n4G0nk&feature=youtu.be&t=178

The writers are the best in the business. Lots of underrated moments in favor of the more outrageous ones. One of my favorites is Princess Carolyn's musings on the nature of fiction versus reality. Season 5 really knocked it out of the park with Free Churro, the not Mel Gibson episode, the argument between Bojack and Diane outside the party, and the finale of "there's no such thing as bad guys."

It peaks in seasons 3 and 4.

No, it doesn't.

I'm not saying that it went to shit after season 4, just that we haven't gotten anything yet that can compare the the high quality of those two seasons.

yikes

overly sentimental garbage
I can't stand comedy that tries to shoehorn dramatic scenes in between a bunch of jokes. Stupid ass show.

Do the jokes ever get better then "HORSE IS SAD" or "CHARACTER DOES DRUGS"

What's yikes about that opinion? Seasons 1 and 5 are obviously the lowest quality - that's hardly controversial. So you just really, really liked season 2? Season 3 had some of the most creative narrative devices and conflicts, and season 4 had the best story of the entire show. Time's Arrow would have won all the awards if anybody actually watched the show.

>comedy that tries to shoehorn dramatic scenes in
It's actually a drama that shoehorns jokes in to break up the tension.

Whatever it is, there's way too much discontinuity between the jokes and the drama. The best comedies are the ones where you can't tell the drama from the comedy. Or it's just straight up comedy with no bullshit

It's so funny to see all of the zoomers infesting this board outing themselves by saying that Bojack glorifies nihilism and depression, while in reality the show constantly shits on Bojack for being and inconsiderate, selfish, piece of shit. The whole motive of the show goes right over their pea sized brains.

And since zoom zooms are desperate to fit in on any online community and claim they have this cool, undiagnosed mental illness - the same one that's "responsible" for their lack of achievements and goals -, they feel the urge to dislike the show for being "shallow" and glamorizing depression.

L M A O

Attached: D-JupV7WsAE71Sy.jpg (822x1024, 122K)

>NOOOO YOU COMPLETELY MISUNDERSTOOD MY FURRY SHOW MOM! ITS ACTUALLY SERIOUS AND SUPER DEEP

Kill yourself

At the risk of getting >2deep4u shit, I'm just going to say it: you can't relate to the show if you don't have an iota of life experience or have ever been in a real relationship before and seen things go south. So yeah, it's not a show for zoomers, and they're not going to get it.
>outing themselves by saying that Bojack glorifies nihilism and depression, while in reality the show constantly shits on Bojack
I would say the same about everyone who calls the show liberal propaganda. There's literally one episode every season where Diane has a moderately left leaning opinion, gets pulled into a big whole thing she didn't choose and goes full SJW, but then she gets completely shit on every single time.

>if we have some of the characters say Bojack is a fuck up, it will make up for the millions of times where we glamorized Bojack doing drugs and being a nihilistic prick
Just admit you like this show because you want to fuck animals

Attached: 1388249231675.jpg (540x720, 71K)

If you think the themes on Bojack require you to have had a substantial amount of life experience then you're a child. Bojack is not a deep show in the slightest.

>soulful
>art
>horse man sad
fancy way of spelling nazel gazing douche bag.

It has never glamorized it you stupid fuck

After Escape from LA came out most of Yea Forums's reaction was just, "I don't get it, she's legal in NM". If you don't understand how fucked up that whole episode was then it's hard to imagine the rest of the show not just going entirely over your head.

>it's another "teenager believes obvious shit is deep" episode

Attached: 1450024344245.jpg (999x1244, 90K)

Wut? Before Hollyhock that was basically the only episode that even had teenagers in it.

Yes.

How the fuck is season 5 anywhere near the words lowest quality? It was great.

I'm saying this conversation is an "episode" where a teenager believes obvious shit is deep, sperg

>haha dude all we have to do to get those stupid rethuglikkkans to ban guns is tell them in empowers women lmao!

Attached: 1534272146078.png (2807x3327, 383K)

I knew what you were trying to say; it just didn't make any sense.

bojack redditman

Shit was hilarious.
youtube.com/watch?v=BH3dyx06Df0

>Shit was hilarious

Attached: 1540851244965.jpg (344x226, 4K)

>has every epiphany on how not to be a shit person
>still is a shit person
Huh...

because if he stopped being a shit person then the shit people watching the show would have no one to relate to

Yeah. Right before Diane can pontificate on the virtues of gun control, she's already holding it because if anti-gun nuts would realize the value of firearms for protection they'd shut up.

You understand that it's satire, right?

its a coke and pepsi thing, don't bother

the humans look awful

the opening and closing songs are great but as a whole the show is too repetitive. i havent enjoyed the last two seasons.

and more half of the thread shits on it. Well predicted, OP.

Genuinely some of the better TV I've seen in recent years. My gripes are two-fold:
>The animation is likely to deter a lot of people as it did me for the longest time
>Some of the leftist shit feels contrived and forced, but some of the issues are tackled convincingly and maturely

For example, season 5 went all out on self-awareness, criticising its fans who idolise Bojack's behaviour and the show itself for promoting this idolisation. It's only leftist because all of this revolves around Bojack's "privilege" as someone influential, being held responsible for being and doing better, but the show acknowledges this "privilege" is both a blessing and a curse. Hell, his acceptance of this and willingness to try to move past it is how the season ends.

Even if mental health is the meme thing to focus on lately, this show does it well. Lighthearted enough to have mass appeal, handling heavy enough topics maturely (and immaturely) to inspire actual change in people. It's also actually enjoyable to watch, given all of the above.

I hate that stupid, little faggot called Todd. He adds nothing to the show.

It just doesn't go anywhere. If they'd done two good seasons I would like it, but they've dragged on with no end in sight out of greed.

>Time's Arrow would have won all the awards if anybody actually watched the show
Seconding this. That episode knocked me on my fucking ass. Had to lay down and cry for like 10 minutes after it was over.

>first ever funeral i ever attended with an open casket was my grandma
>other than stories from my mom told i never knew anything about her before the dementia
The worst part is that it came out the same year as fucking Pickle Rick, which I only watched because I kept seeing it brought up here, and for some reason people keep comparing the two shows. Seriously, just imagine watching Bojack from the first episode, getting through Time's Arrow, and then watching Pickle Rick and seeing that it was voted the best animated cartoon episode of the year. It's just absurd.

What if there was a horse, but with the problems of a man...

based Orelposter

He would be a camel named Doanld Hump

We'll call him BoReddit RedditMan

Considering the writers of this show vocally hate republicans and support gun control excuse me if I have a hard time believing that episode is sincere satire broseph.

people mistaking that it glamorizes depression is literally written into the plot

That's not Moral Orel

coincidentally, both are made by the same company

This show is literal reddit incarnate and reeks of onions

faggots who need to mention reddit for every show they dont like are more cringe than reddit ever was

based Moral Orel posters

true western animation kino right here

Attached: 1503845813105.jpg (500x386, 174K)

Redditreddit Redditman

It’s really not. Imagine if the most bumped thread on say Yea Forums was just a fucking cardboard box filled with n64 games, along with “look what my retired neighbor gave me when his son moved out!”
Like, where’s the story? There is none, it’s just “muh feelz” and all that. But that’s the quality of the average reddit post: low-effort shit that just exploits some sense of ethos. There is very little on their front page that is thought-provoking or even entertaining, yet the advocates for the site will pretend it’s some viable news and entertainment source. It fucking sucks.
Now imagine if I made some indulgent blog post about my garage sale find or my new puppy. I would me ridiculed here. On Reddit? Possibly on the front page by the end of the day. You can’t deny that is some worthless madturbatory shit, but I guess posting this in a Bojack thread is pointless, since it’s arguably the most reddit of shows.

cringe

>muh sadness is because my life sucks, which is because I suck at everything, and not a chemical imbalance in the brain

Case in point: this is a fucking front page post on reddit. Literal attention whore skellymode roastie bitch saying she looks 12 (she doesn’t, she looks 40)
Anyone thinking the “reddit” insult is baseless just needs to spend 5 minutes on the site to realize what it truly means

Attached: 881332E3-B70B-4857-A11C-34B4875832C8.png (640x1136, 1.03M)

>12
That bitch wishes so she could act out her daddy rape me fantasies lmao

I lurk there when I'm bored on my phone and am constantly amazed at how much I hate it.

dude drinking alcohol is funny

I wish they had killed off Todd or just wrote him out of the show when they ran out of shit to do with him instead of turning him into a liberal wetdream character involving their 72 genders and sexualities. What a rotten way to go

have sex

It's literally nothing but that. It's bargain bin nihilism sold to clueless 24yo zoomers.

based 31 year old boomer take

mr peanutbutter is the alpha nihilist

if you watched those secretariats stampeding across the countryside and thought this show was marketing nihlism then seek help because something is genuinely wrong with you

Did Bojack and PB have gay sex yet. I haven't watched the latest season because its shoehorned unfunny politics episodes were turned up to max cringe

dishonest animation at it's finest

My parents bought me an iPhone a couple years ago (I'm in my 30's) so I actually tried out reddit to see what all the fuss was about, and I think you got it wrong. The main problem is the point system, which completely changes the dynamic (it's also not a fucking image board, which is retarded). Everything on reddit is about getting points, and if you don't get points nobody will see what you posted. So the main focus is to post (and often repost) the most inoffensive, bland hivemind shit possible in order to increase your score. Here I will call somebody an absolute retard faggot in one post and then give an informed reply to their question 5 minutes later, and then continue both lines of discussion until I get bored because I'm posting as user, and am sometimes drunk, and it's just fun to both have real discussions without repercussion but also just throw some shit out into the wind sometimes and see what happens. I'll still occasionally open reddit on my phone when I'm on a break at work to see news updates or look at panda gifs (yes, they don't even have webms), but the actual "discussion" once you open a thread is always pure cancer.

The writers are so retarded they accidentally redpilled themselves into revealing the only reason gun laws were made.

Momento aitiano

> the main focus is to post (and often repost) the most inoffensive, bland hivemind shit possible in order to increase your score.
letterboxd is similar to reddit in this regard