Abbott is death process

Abbott is death process

Attached: Abbott is death process.jpg (1920x808, 119K)

this movie sucks

based twitter discord tranny

If the chinese used a board game to comumicate with the aliens, americans could use ouija to communicate with abbott

Abbott is sneed process

:^(

F

Yeah it's shit.

didnt know there were that many redditors and trannies on Yea Forums

Attached: file.png (1920x808, 1.05M)

I don't get it.

true
it's just Contact (1997) for atheists and people who think they're too good for movies that convey higher ideals through schlocky premises
Removing the struggle with faith in Contact guts the movie entirely, and Arrival is exactly that but with a female-driven emotional narrative (wow!) and badly defined time-travel (or time-sight, who cares) which unsurprisingly is the lynchpin for moving the plot forwards at convenient moments

Attached: Kikujiro.1999.mkv_snapshot_00.39.14_[2019.06.18_11.17.03].jpg (1920x1038, 895K)

Attached: isfeelsprocess.jpg (1006x802, 309K)

T. Incel

true

Attached: Kikujiro.1999.mkv_snapshot_00.43.53_[2019.06.18_11.23.44].jpg (1920x1038, 1.05M)

the twist ruined this movie tbqh

Based retard

the lack of actual movie ruined this movie

yeah it was surprisingly bad

based fortnite phoneposter

>learn language
>acquire superpower

Attached: 1532351874740.jpg (422x422, 48K)

FPBP

She didn't just learn a language, she physically interacted with the ayylmaos and even had sex with them in the floating weightless semen room in the ship.

>I can't imagine anything science fictiony

Attached: 1541755737230.png (558x614, 45K)

It's a great movie based in a original short story. Great acting, cinematography and an interesting plot that doesn't treat the viewer as an idiot. Perhaps it would've worked better as an indie film with less of a blockbuster intention, but I guess producers wont touch a sci phi movie if its bound to make little money.

A favorite of mine. Even pushes in some criticism of human nature and geo political dinamics.

nothing about that made ANY sense
and the rationalizing I hear about "oh well it just makes you experience and see things differently :^)" is nonsense too. she literally saved the day by looking into the future and using information from it, which is also absurd for several other reasons

yeah a science fiction film exploring a non linear narrative, so absurd and not """realistic""" at all am i rite my fellow reddit science man

>science fictiony
This is high fantasy, like literally magic.

>interesting plot that doesn't treat the viewer as an idiot
>hey, language lady, I'm dumb military man, translate this for me
>here, have answer
>other language guy gave different answer
>well, that's because he's wrong, duh, just ask him for another translation and you'll see howit's wrong even though there's no way for you to know which of us gave the correct answer anyway
>yeah, that makes sense, I guess you're smarter than him after all, come with us to see aliens

I still don't understand what this means. Yes I'm retarded now fucking explain it to me

>she literally saved the day by looking into the future and using information from it
that would be alright, the problem is she saved the day by looking into the future to a point where they figured out the problem by using information available only after the problem is solved

Speaking sense

no arguments, only seething
I don't have a problem with non-linear narratives, I have a problem with movies that suck and have 0 emotional impact while trying to juggle nonsensical, cartoonish plot threads and uninteresting science fiction concepts
Well that's exactly what I mean by the several other reasons it's stupid.

Attached: Kikujiro.1999.mkv_snapshot_00.43.43_[2019.06.18_11.17.45].jpg (1920x1038, 1.08M)

That Abbott is dead, but since time is non linear meaning that there is no beginning or end point he's in the process of being dead.

Babys first time paradox flick?

I don't think you know what great means

so a closed loop, no?

a non-linear narrative still has to make sense though
the only way to get through to mr. chink is to learn personal information from mr. chink which apparently can only occur during the after-victory-party
but you can never actually have a after-victory-party because the only way to get to the after-victory-party is to talk to mr. chink during the after-victory-party

>it's just Contact (1997) for atheists
this is incredibly fucking stupid. It's the dumbest thing I ever read here since months

the closed loop logic isn't the problem itself, it's the utter self-serving convenience of the time-travel/time-sight shit
it's used for her to epically save the day and to mope about her failed marriage and future dead child. Absolutely no exploration of anything beyond that and the movie rings exceedingly hollow because of it.
Qualify your post or remain a loser

>a closed loop
no just shitty writing
if it were a closed loop the movie might give some kind of indication that everything is just set to repeat

There is no twist, only a reveal. And that's literally what the entire film is about.
The ayylmao's and the science are just the setting in Arrival where the actual story takes place in, the story of Amy Adams character relationship with her daughter and embracing life/death in general.

The opening and the ending sequences are about their relationship.
All the major scenes are intercut with it.
And even when it's in the present narrative it's either a heavy close up of Amy Adams for half the movie or a camera placement of her characters point of view.

The ayylmaos and the science were only plot devices for the actual narrative of the mother-daughter relationship.

We can debate the actual plot machinations all day long but to this day no one will EVER be able to come up with an adequate excuse as to why chinkman gives her the codes in the first place.
It's lazy writing for convenience in its most crystallized form and that's a fact.

Attached: Kawase_Hasui-The_New_8_Best_Scenery_Of_Japan-Kannonji_Temple_in_Beppu-Kankaiji_Temple-011744-05-15-2 (2000x1452, 999K)

>Qualify your post or remain a loser
No, sorry. You keep posting this bullshit because of your eternal crusade against Villanova but I am not going to dignify your blank statements.
The comparison with contact is void barring the ayy lmaos, and the "atheist" part is baseless. Is pure bullshit, you are a bullshitter.

>time-travel
confirmed retard

>Protagonist in both movies is an unattached professional woman dedicated to her work who is slightly awkward but charming
>Extraterrestrial influences ignite international conflict, the US government gets involved to control the situation and the protagonist is forced to work with them as she is instrumental to finding out what it all means
>A cipher/language that must be decoded is a major part of the plot
>A "gift" from the aliens is a major part of the plot
>Concern about whether this "gift" is a weapon or could be weaponized is a major part of the plot
>A romance develops with a man involved with the project that influences the plot to a large degree
>Religious extremists mount an attack on the facility, nearly igniting international disaster
>In the end, the woman is the key figure to interact with the aliens directly due to her diligence and persistence. She brings with her a valuable gift from the aliens. Not something physical, but intangible.
>Both movies end on the promise of future interactions with the aliens based upon this gift.

You're an idiot if you think this is all cherrypicking or invalid. For the record, I LOVED Enemy and Sicario. Villeneuve knows what he's doing but he doesn't always hit the mark.
>time-sight

Attached: Large-Hasui(6)-new.jpg (2000x1339, 2.27M)

Anyone who thinks this film is about le aliens is a mental midget plot point brainlet.

The film just shows how if you would know your whole life from start to finish you would find beauty and joy from the smallest bits of moments in days which you may take now for granted (hence her daughter)
So it's about embracing death (instead of denying it like we do) as an essential part of life and appreciating every waking moment of it.

The only Nolan movie I've managed to see in a single sitting is Inception

You are a pseud of incredibly disingenuous.
All those things you pointed out are staples of contact sci-fi you dumb fuck.
Read more before embarrassing yourself in this way.

It's Villeneuve not Nolan.
But it's ok, this is a SW/capeshit/BRAAAP board.

nobody is arguing that the ayyliens are the central theme of the movie. It's just that nobody really cares about the pedestrian garbage that the movie is actually peddling so it's not really an interesting topic for discussion.
No arguments yet again. There isn't a single bigger concession than using the phrase "Read more" in a post.

>dinamics

Attached: 1488206680175.jpg (620x531, 38K)

>bunch of blanket statements for le ebin sci fi movie cuz I LOVE SCI FI XDDD
reddit

>Removing the struggle with faith in Contact guts the movie entirely,
NO.

>be super advanced race
>talk like a 5 year old
bravo

>No arguments yet again. There isn't a single bigger concession than using the phrase "Read more" in a post.
Nope.
You are a pseud and a bullshitter, already told you.
You use as arguments comparisons of topoi typical of this type of fiction.
It's like complaining that two fantasy movies have elves and dark lords. You are a retard that thinks that is smarter than the average because noticed that.

Well, magic is science we don't understand.

Closed loops are retarded. You could have a closed loop where somebody finds a time machine with instructions on how to build it, builds the machine, then sends it back to where he found it. Where did it come from? It just always existed, lol.

You didn't even read my posts and you're STILL throwing around the word "pseud" as if it had any meaning spilling from your corpulent lips. My argument isn't that the movie is simply a ripoff. My argument is that the plot is directly lifted from Contact but without the struggle of faith, which is the central pillar of the movie. In its place is an utterly uninteresting emotional journey banked by shaky science fiction logic that collapses on any sort of inspection. This transplant is a failure and the movie is completely hollow and badly thought out. It doesn't address anything interesting on the science fiction side (especially because of lazy writing), and apart from a pretty good performance from Amy Adams it offers very little to think about on the emotional side.
You've offered absolutely nothing to the conversation except stamping your foot up and down and saying "No!" over and over again so I wouldn't be surprised if you had nothing of value to say in your next post.

Attached: KAWASE-Hasui-Amagasaki-760x1109.jpg (760x1109, 268K)

Is Villanew the biggest hack of our generation?

*blocks your path*

Attached: Jordan_Peele_Oscar.jpg (1400x950, 89K)

Begun Summer Yea Forums has

is this pasta?

Typed it all out just now. Look it up if you don't believe me.
I use kawase hasui pictures to keep me calm because I'm seething with rage inside

Attached: Kawase-Hasui-26.jpg (797x1222, 497K)

Funny how people who struggle to communicate by using full sentences dont like a movie about communication.

didn't they just give her powers themselves like with some Vulcan mind meld or soemthing? I don't think the languange did that?

I wish I spent more time arguing with strangers on an anonymous image board.

Attached: 1412513638203.jpg (344x386, 47K)

>My argument isn't that the movie is simply a ripoff. My argument is that the plot is directly lifted from Contact
The absolute state

The movie is about choice retardo
You are a raging autist unable to understand humans, and it shows

>it's an alien visits us only so we can find ourselves

Nah not my cup of tea. I prefer an alien film where we find out about the actual aliens and what they're about.

>My argument isn't that the movie is simply a ripoff
>but without the struggle of faith,
Nigga my post is right there, who are you even trying to fool by cherrypicking something that is readable just a few inches up on the screen
I like that you people are still addressing me as if I didn't understand the basic premise of the movie. The whole journey that Amy Adams' character makes is uninteresting and poorly done because it banks solely on the emotional impact of the story. This sad, jellied core of the movie completely fails to make up for the lazy writing of the rest of it.
I like emotional movies--probably all of my favorite movies are character-focused dramas. I enjoy character studies and watching people deal with loss and grief. Arrival is just shitty at everything it attempts to do.

Attached: Ai qing wan sui 1994 720p BluRay FLAC x264-EA.mkv_snapshot_01.54.59_[2017.08.22_17.49.03].jpg (1280x712, 147K)

>I like that you people are still addressing me as if I didn't understand the basic premise of the movie.
Because you don't, you narcissistic idiot.

You lost, get fucked and take your shitty sci-fi chick flick with you.

Attached: Violent.Cop.1989.720p.BluRay.AC3.x264.mkv_snapshot_00.32.52_[2018.05.29_02.21.37].jpg (1280x692, 111K)

What is with the sudden influx of foreign faggots here the last week or so?

>y-you lost
you came here for a debate based on bullshit, you have been told that is bullshit, everyone sees it, and you keep pretending nothing happened you that you have any resemblance of a capability of debate.
It's not what is going on. What is ACTUALLY going on, is that you have such ignorance in sci-fi that you think that you recognized some pattern while there are tropes.
The rest is you making wrong assumptions concerning what the movies are really about, and then build a castle on bullshit on that.
I already told you this user. You think you are smart, but you are just arrogant and mediocre.

Attached: That_guy_that_says_mediocre.png (1700x705, 1.25M)

There have been 0 (ZERO) refutations of any of the actual points I've made. Nothing about the weakness of the narrative, nothing about the hollowness of the concept, nothing about the plot contrivances the movie hinges on, just nothing nothing nothing from you.
You're still completely hung up on the fact that you think I am arguing that the movie is a ripoff, when I CLEARLY stated that was not the point of me pointing out the similarities. The truth is that one movie works, and one doesn't.
You are not only incapable of reading anything I write and actually interpreting any of it, you can't even string together a sentence without a multitude of syntax errors that make me strongly suspect English is not even your first language. Even if you wanted to you wouldn't be able to explain what the movie is about, just like you cannot refute any of my arguments. All of this boils down to you dancing around like a wind-up monkey toy screaming "You're wrong! You're wrong!" for several posts in a row, blissfully unaware of your own emptiness and uselessness.

I highly doubt you can even answer this question This alone topples the entire sci-fi side of the narrative which is just pathetic.

Attached: Kikujiro.1999.mkv_snapshot_00.52.50_[2019.06.18_11.25.02].jpg (1920x1038, 1.07M)

Now you are literally panicking.
The fact that you are appealing at the fact that I could not be a native is the first sign.
The second sign is insisting that none "refused your points".
Your points are bullshit. You have been told to go back to the drawing board.
And this Demonstrates what stated above. You cannot understand humans.

Also I forgot - please notice how I am the only one BOTHERING at this point.
None else wants to lose time with a narcissistic psychopath.
Have a nice day, loser.

So this Is you?
That is the kind of passive-aggressive post that someone desperate that is losing starts to produce in order to laterally attack the other posters because is unable to deal with the points raised.
Good to know.

I do like the fact that you drop the bomb of "you're panicking" and then dip out of the conversation as fast as humanly possible, pretty good way to exit while trying to save your ass.
And still, none of my points were "refused' in the end as you say
>You cannot understand humans.
This is literal, unequivocal bullshit that isn't even close to an explanation of the peak lazy writing of that scene and is a practical admission of your ultimate failure to defend this movie in any respect. Get the fuck out of my thread and take a dip in the nearest ice cold lake for a couple hours and see if you can get your life straightened out.
Ain't me, he's probably complaining about me since I'm using screengrabs from so many Asian movies. I am Asian.

>Even pushes in some criticism of human nature and geo political dinamics

>Evangelicals are senseless alien killers, bad strawman of conservative radio personalities

No

You know Americans, they always have to hamfist a family drama or romance element into any story so they can 'have characters I care about', even if it is the same worn out and rehashed trash over and over.

>Get the fuck out of my thread
So you want to remain alone like in your life?
You are also a bad liar, autist.

I have literally no reason to lie about this whatsoever.
>So you want to remain alone like in your life?
You know absolutely nothing about me but I'm glad I mean so much to you that you want to keep me company here.

Attached: ok.png (636x173, 10K)

Denis Villeneuve isn't American.

user, that can be done with a cellphone nowadays.
This is what I mean when I say that you think you are smart, but you are just a dumb idiot closed in your little world.

fpbp

Literally the best sci fi of the millennium. I have a theory that the majority of its critics are Nolan fanboys that suck Interstellar's flaccid dick

He made this movie for an American audience.

And samefagging is not going to work.
By chance, are you the same 2049 autist?
Or the Prometheusfag?
Or even more horribly, there is more than one?
Why this place attracts despicable specimen like these.

I think this film is one of the biggest pleb filters in mainstream cinema. It's weird that so many people can't appreciate its brilliance

I can take the (You) off with Yea Forums X easily if I wanted to lie about it. My point was more about WHY I would need to lie about that. We've been tossing names like retard and narcissist psychopath at each other back and forth so why would discriminating against foreign people suddenly be over the line for me? You don't like to use your brain, as evidenced by me getting completely stonewalled in this thread but I won't say no to more company since you think I am lonely enough to need it

Attached: [UCCUSS] Stop!! Hibari-kun! ストップ!! ひばりくん! 第01話 「彼女!?はアイドル!� (720x528, 922K)

Anyone copes with it in the way he can, I guess.

It's a book adaption, you fucking nitwit.

Attached: 1511335706901.png (524x277, 108K)

shit film desu

maybe try watching some more movies
if you liked arrival you have a terrible taste

Oh my god is the same idiot
Majestic

This movie was ass compared to the short story.
The short story should never have been adapted into a visual medium because one of the things I liked about it was the ambiguity, whether Louise could actually see the future or if she was just experiencing the past non-linearly.
The movie swept all of that away (how could they have preserved that textual ambiguity anyways) and even shoved in hamfisted military/political drama as denouement.

is this Abbott?

My girlfriend and I watched this as we were on an alien sci-fi kick. We both liked it and, because she studies English and Spanish and has red-hair, I believe she self-inserted into Adams' role. As such, her enjoyment of the movie lasted more than mine.

I am not offering any high-brow commentary and, instead, must conclude that this is the female-version of Independence Day.

IT'S ABBOTT TIME!

the Villeneuve fan senores e senoras

an american book