Lmfao like, just don't be depressed bro!

>lmfao like, just don't be depressed bro!
>dude, just decide to be happy
Congratulations, Anno. Very deep.

Attached: images.jpg (283x178, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/1212804/researchers-are-still-working-to-prove-that-antidepressants-are-more-effective-than-placebo/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507265/
wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:End_of_Evangelion_Screenplays#Episode_25.27
wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_(Translation)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The point is that he decides to try.

You can't decide to instantly be happy, but you can decide to take actions which improve your life and could eventually lead you out of depression. The problem a lot of people have is falling into a fatalistic mindset, but determinism actually grants you free will. Without determinism there would be no logical basis to form decisions.

The cure for depression has been known for thousands of years, but it requires a conscious decision to employ it.

is there a group more obnoxious than depressionfags?

No

Where's the problem?

Things are as bad as you think they are.

Lol

the cure to depression is medicine which literally alters your brain chemistry

>being too dumb to understand chinese robots cartoon
Lol

Nigga he achieved self-actualization and became god, he didnt just "stop being depressed"

That's the shitty ending

Wrong it’s the true ending.

It’s right though. Based Japs don’t pander to whining.

End of Evangelion has gorgeous visuals and music but is dumb nihilistic bullshit. TV ending is way better.

cheer up user! :)

Attached: 64975279_10157976540020681_1542446257778196480_n.jpg (640x640, 51K)

How is it nihilistic? It ends with hope

nobody feels sorry for you and your little gay depression

>everyone is dead, Shinji is crazed and attempts to kill Asuka, Asuka can only say "How disgusting"
WOW HOPEFUL ENDING BRO

I unironically overcame it by starting to be positive, u should actually try it and not be cynical because it really works.

Oh you didnt get the ending, gotcha

Explain how much hope there is for Shinji and Asuka being the last two people on planet Earth.

Who said they were last? They constantly remarked "Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live." Tbey aren't the last ones alive. Any human with the will power to reject instrumentality can reform their at field and come back. Thus being able to rebuild and find their own happiness.

Cyclists

No medication cures depression or even comes close. When anti-depressants do work it’s because they relax that part of your mind just enough to allow you to start doing shit that will help. They help you help yourself - hopefully

americans are hopeless

Speaking as someone who has to take a large dose of sertraline every morning in order to function properly; Fuck Anno, fuck Eva, fuck Janny and fuck all the gay weeb faggots that worship this pretentious show made for children.

>which is as effective as placebo

>""""""""depression"""""" is real
Literally firstoid "problem"

Where these the people in the instrumentality or just Shinji's idea of them and what he wanted to hear?

Read books.

Why wouldn't Shinji be depressed? He was forced to pilot an Eva and almost get killed on a regular basis
His mother died (and probably didn't like him)
His father abandoned him (probably didn't like him)
Rei and Asuka barely tolerated him
Misato (sp?) was nice enough I guess
His only friends were the two goons from his school

Nice head-canon.

dude, I'm in therapy

lol
qz.com/1212804/researchers-are-still-working-to-prove-that-antidepressants-are-more-effective-than-placebo/

>not understanding tsundere affection
>not contrasting Shinji’s two choking Asuka scenes and how they demonstrate growth
>not understanding dialogue

I suppose the latter

Which part?

if you plan to die depressed then speed it up and do yourself in right now, depressed loser

all of it

He was only choking her because he though he was given a fake asuka by the hive mind. When she said "how disgisting" and caressed him shinji knew she was real because a copy would've let him do whatever. Fun fact to get the last lone in the movie they ask the va "what would you say if a man broke in your house and masturbated on you". Hence the last line.

lol what a maroon

Besides that

>projection, the thread

Why the fuck would anyone even have this much hate for fucking depressed people of all groups? They don't even do anything, they're just hanging around and being quiet.

>being quiet
lmao

What are uncontrollable brain chemicals?

t. pharmaceutical industry

It fucking helps a lot but doesn’t cure it, don’t be naive and uneducated.

You had several episodes to understand the characters and this is the conclusion you arrived to. Jesus.

>le big Pharma conspiracy

1: Shinji is not depressed
2: ITT self indulgent losers of all kinds appropriating clinical depression to virtue wash their lazy phase and claiming they fixed it with will, constructive actions and nice thoughts
3: teenagers that screech "lmao depression isn't real" for edge points
4: the series finale is not that, it doesn't happen in reality it's the collective psychotherapy of the LCL soup acting on Shinji

And I'm out of here
Congratulations!

Trips of true

Therapy gave me the push to take the baby steps that yes, did lead me out of my depression. It really just takes the willpower to take the first steps.

Depression is:
Feeling sad despite having friends, a lover, a job, your own home and hobbies

Depression isn't:
Feeling sad when your life is genuinely shit
If you feel sad for not having friends, not being married or being unemployed, taking pills that makes you forget about these things is just pushing the problem forward until they become impossible to solve

>tfw horrible personality and smart enough to know it
how the fuck am I supposed to be OK with the fact that people dislike me for reasons I'm probably incapable of changing? And in spite of it all I just want to be a good and kind man and not let the indifference of others towards me cause me to hide behind a narcissistic facade of affected aloofness. I want the whole world to be indifferent to me and still be a good guy.

Hey Morty, it's me, I caused pickle impact and we're all Pickle Rick!

Attached: 1501997309332.gif (400x400, 715K)

Well, unfortunately you can have clinical depression AND a shit life.
If you're not lucky with the first run of meds, it is quite probable that your life will go to shit in several departments even if it was ok before.

>depressed people in a non-english country are fucked lmao

also
>depression is feeling sad
lmao no it would be a picnic if it was just that

Both. It doesn’t matter really.
We know Gendo himself isn’t there. Yui probably was because she got tanged before the series even began.

>spends 4 billion dollars in advertising per year
>every platform that lives off advertising calls anything negative about pharma a conspiracy
>ban discussion of the effects of their biggest growth sector, biologics (vaccines)
>biologics require next to no clinical studies
>rush unproven drugs to market
>scare parents into shooting them into their babies
>suddenly, autism!
>it causes horrible posts like this

Attached: AEA8AD4F79A4413C87BDCC3D87975445.png (400x474, 318K)

I watched Eva like 10 years ago. Is the new version on netflix worth watching?

Depressed niggers are the fat people of psychological health.
Like, just go lift lmao pussy

>just go lift lmao
of all the brainlets baits, this is my favorite

I saw a commercial on American TV advertising some kind of new drug to combat "random bouts of strong laughter." Big pharma doesn't need a conspiracy theory, they're already inside most of your heads.

Yes, fellow goy.

No.

>your stupid Chinese cartoon is simple and stupid
>NOOO YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE TRUE AND DEEEP MEANING
evafags fucking pieces of shit, worse than 14yo DBZ fanboys

>americlap ending
in the end, japan is just an american colony

nothing

do americans really believe this?

>Misato is a basically a roadside whore
>Asuka is so thirsty she practially begs chad to give her the d
how anyone can think rei isnt best girl is beyond me

>just be an emotionless puppet
>you can't be bad if you aren't anything

You explained it yourself. Chads go for asuka and misato because they were meant to end up with these prime biological specimens. On the other hand are virgin sadbois like you and gendo who can't get girls to fuck them so they grow a docile teenage realdoll in a laboratory and call it their waifu

Attached: 1547915287466.jpg (1000x1000, 151K)

Based

>grow a docile teenage realdoll in a laboratory and call it their waifu
If we can't agree that this is the dream what the hell are we even doing here

Attached: 754673735675.jpg (600x840, 66K)

>rei
>emotionless
when will this meme die

Attached: 585786.jpg (600x450, 65K)

i became /fit/ but im still sad, what do?

>docile teenage realdoll
aka ideal woman

>japan is just an american colony
Since it lost the WWII

>final boss is depression and lack of animation budget
Deep.

not uncontrollable in 99% of the cases

This.

Attached: 1492902541502.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

Vegans?

Is this a dejavu?

Would watch unironically

This is the most brainlet take ive ever seen related to determinism and free will

There are situations in which a series of cause and effect out of your control determined that you will never even have the motivation or will to take those first steps

There are people who have sunk so low in their depression that your idea of a first step feels like several miles to them

Strong contenders but no.

>but its dumb nihlistic bullshit

TURBO brainlet. Congratulations ending is 10000 times more nihlistic

People like you should be banned from watching things

/pol/

>'hey this thing you have that takes away your drive and motivation, why don't you have drive and motivation to take that thing away'

Based retard

People who unironically think that determinism is a proven fact are the most brainlet at all.

No.

*unless you’re white, then have kids

I think the lack of motivation for many depressed people comes from pessimism. Many don't have faith that their actions will lead to a long term improvement in their happiness, so they opt for the guaranteed short-term fix. What's the point of trying to improve your life when you are probably going to end up back at square one again having endured that hardship for nothing?

lift more

>he doesnt know thats how it works
Unless you have a biological defect in your brain, that can be remedied with supplemental drugs, it IS how it works

Eat more fiber

And Magnesium.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507265/

>From evidence reviewed here and from the 2010 review by Eby and Eby, the relationship between low Mg intake as a risk factor for MD appears to have extremely important preventative and treatment implications. A dietary supplement of 600 to 800 mg/day Mg (other than magnesium oxide) should be a universal prevention strategy.

t. Shinji Ikari

>Takekuma: Lacking an idea of [what it means] to be an adult, [we] have to become adults, but we don't know what kind of adult we should become. In this condition, having reached thirty-six years of age, it's disgraceful to say such a thing, but we have not actually discovered reality. Because of this, I felt that Eva, too, fell into a state of profound sadness. Eva is really the story of Shinji-kun becoming an adult.

>Anno: That's the same thing as I [myself] becoming an adult. I'm often asked if Shinji-kun [represents] an old version of myself, but that's not the case. Shinji-kun is my current self (laughing). I act like a fourteen-year-old boy; I'm still childish. No matter how you look at it, in psychological terms, I'm [still] in the Oral Stage. A melancholic oral-dependent type. Well, this is a truth I can't deny; I can't do anything about it. I wanted to move forward from there, but the result was that I ended up regressing back to myself. A dead end.

>Takekuma: Then in a certain sense the final episode of Eva is an unhappy ending.

>Anno: Right, in a certain sense. If you take moving beyond that as being happy, then it's an unhappy ending. If you think it's fine, then it's a happy ending.

Attached: 1550335502334.png (483x177, 11K)

Neither are depression brainlet.
Drepression isnt as simple as "feeling sad"

I dont think everyone has the same depression. Some people are depressed because of their mentatlity and relationships with others. Some people simply have a chemical imbalance.

>meme
>puts the scene where she is literally confused by tears because she is emotionless

In reality nothing fucking matters and if your only solution to be happy is to delusion yourself with free will - that's pretty sad too.

Just think of all the dumbfucks enjoying life and improving themselves.
Are you dumber than they are?

Well many of them tried and failed though. How many times they should try? How many times they can endure? Is constantly trying and failing that much better than giving up and being sort of okay with your current state?

Anti-depressants might take the edge off but its doesn't cure shit.

Yes.

Attached: uc7fsb3tl4iz.jpg (2048x1536, 294K)

I have no drive or aspirations to make anything of my life. Nothing to wake up in the morning for. I have a girlfriend and a loving family. But I don't feel anything for them. I don't really care about anything. I don't enjoy many things. I don't listen to music. Barely watch movies. All I do is shitpost and lift weights to pass the time.

Is that depression? Or just autism?

Attached: 1547066818377.jpg (1080x1080, 83K)

Tbf I need to rewatch. I can barely hear shit half the time because I have to turn it up when they decide to whisper and I have a shitty window unit AC right now.

no, they all have the ultimate victim complex and won't shut up about it. I wish they'd really kill them self instead of tweeting about

These pseudoscience images about knowing what causes depression are getting more and more bold

No, doing stuff actually helps.

netflix zoomer brainlet here
didn't nerv and seele wanted the third impact to happen? and if so, why do they fight? isn't the only difference between then is the motivation (see my dead wife vs evolution of mankind)?

Yes, they are both playing themselves,
Ikari wsnts to rejoin yui, but it is not clear to me how exactly the eva 01 is involved beyond ui's soul being trapped there, but gendo seems eager to make it a "god" or what is godlike in that universe.
Seelee hates that, they see 01 as something oposing tbeir plans,bno godhood burv controlled evolution. Thats why they get angry when gendo loses the spear (a weapon vs gods) or 01 awakens

Yes, they are both playing themselves,
Ikari wants to rejoin yui, but it is not clear to me how exactly the eva 01 is involved beyond yui's soul being trapped there, but gendo seems eager to make it a "god" or what is godlike in that universe.
Seelee hates that, they see 01 as something opposing their plans, no godhood but controlled evolution. Thats why they get angry when gendo loses the spear (a weapon vs gods) or 01 awakens
-phoneposter fixing typo

In Shinjis case he never lived with free will. He had other people tell him how to live and when confronted with questions as to why he piloted the Eva he cant come up with a straight answer. He then realizes that it doesnt matter as long as he feels its what he should. Its ok to be here and you dont need anyone else approval.

It's a common misconception, but SEELE really had no intention of tanging humanity.
In one of the unused drafts for EoE, we see Misato hunched over a Central Dogma computer. She says to herself: "So, that's why they needed the 12 mass production eva units." (one for each member of SEELE.) In the final cut she just says "So that's the real truth behind Second Impact." (that it was not a meteor)
See wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:End_of_Evangelion_Screenplays#Episode_25.27

In NGE 2 (the video game, almost surely written by Anno and the source of wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_(Translation) ) we see a scenario where SEELE successfully carries out their plan. It's one of the endings of the game. In this ending SEELE transfers their souls into the s2 engined mass production Eva units, then destroys the Lances of Longinus. With the only means of killing them disposed of, they reign over humanity as immortal "protectors" (tyrants) with absolute power. That's all SEELE wanted in the end, power.

>religious iconography always gives me the heebie jeebies (specifically crucifixion)
>thought this might be a problem watching NGE
>the thing that made my skin crawl the most was the tanging at the end of EOE

why the fuck is it so unnerving

Attached: 656.jpg (184x184, 8K)

Does anything from the anime itself say or imply this? Cut out scenes are often removed for a reason.

Them calling the Evas poison in the end of the anime really seems to contradict this.

at the end of the day, unused drafts don't count for anything

Didn’t you already post this thread a few days ago faggot

They made 12 evas - why? Do you think it's just a coincidence?

mine was caused by moving all the time

>constantly moved around until 16
>schools all finished around that time
>didn't know anyone
>mom would say I'm wasting my youth constantly up until 20
>"just go outside LOL"
>no money no phone don't even know the area
>everyone always older at work
>did meet girls who were always interested until they found out I was a loner
>started feeling really bad
>feeling never went away, just stuck in that depressive mode for 10 years

Attached: hmmm.png (796x398, 82K)

wrong pic

Attached: 1560934538192.gif (498x366, 327K)

Interesting. Did you know that most depressed individuals actually have a more accurate view of reality than most people? Indeed, in their "pessimism" they are actually being more objective.

>determinism actually grants you free will
>having a predefined path you cannot avoid gives you freedom to choose
You're gonna have to elaborate that one, user, right now it sounds retarded.

Search deep, what is missing or what is destroying you. Lifting is a great tool to better yourself and feel happier but it wont solve your issues or life circumstances by itself.

what about those who don't tweet such things?

Haha people actually think depression is chemical, I hope you fags enjoy getting tricked by the pharmaceutical companies lmao

You would have to be genuinely slow to think SEELE had benevolent, selfless intentions. All they were interested in was expanding their power they had held for thousands of years.

Don't listen to You will meet a lot of people in the fandom like this, who use unused and almost always contradictory brainstorm/drafts for a story to prove their theory.

T. Literally doesn't know what depression is, like, at all

>be fatass watching anime
>thinks he's a chad for picking a different style of cartoon anime waifu

imagine

what's worse is that Rei isn't a doll, but asuka was in NGE.

SEELE tells the human public they are going to make humanity great again

SEELE tells Kaworu they are going to make angels great again

In reality, SEELE wants to make SEELE great forever

This should be obvious

Based.

>but you can decide
You literally can't.

They made an extra 9 which with the sacrifice made 10(the number of the tree of life). Seemed to be done for religious symbolisms reasons to me.

I am not saying to be an expert on this I just want one scene saying they could pilot an Eva.

>When anti-depressants do work it’s because they relax that part of your mind
That's just completely inaccurate though

They made 12 s2 engined masspro evas. There are 12 members of SEELE.

Hey I have sertraline too. It's nice. Dunno why people are so upset about medication. I wanted to kill myself, now I don't. Great feeling desu.

Don't procreate.

Only 9 were seen in the anime. Where are you getting the other 3?

Attached: stop watching anime.webm (774x420, 2.9M)