Why does everyone hate this film?

Why does everyone hate this film?

Attached: MV5BYTE0Yjc1NzUtMjFjMC00Y2I3LTg3NGYtNGRlMGJhYThjMTJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI4MzE4MDU@._V1_.jpg (2764x4096, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgbox.com/QXwl4OBP
twitter.com/ZacharyLevi/status/1138325817321091072
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i thought it was fine
not as great on second viewing but still a good movie

Because Mary isnt my gf

Kids still chew bubblegum right?

People hate it? It has great reviews and got solid word of mouth but got buried by a bad release date since Endgame overshadowed it (even though this was better).

Captain marvel was superior

>Why does everyone hate this film?
1 - not everyone
2 - it's not reddit tier like the mcu

also Zachary Levi is not a jew
>Birth Name: Zachary Levi Pugh
>Place of Birth: Lake Charles, Louisiana, U.S.
>Date of Birth: September 29, 1980
>Ethnicity: English, French, German, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish, Swiss
he's only swarthy because he's part coonass

Because it isnt MCU

he is pro-Christian too, like Pratt

Attached: 1552369920392.png (818x847, 771K)

the one with sinbad the genie was better

Because it's halfway between a standard Marvel flick and Deadpool. Utterly forgettable.

based southerners jewing the jews

real question is, how come the Shazam serum made everyone into a hotter adult version of themselves except Mary Marvel, who was hotter as a teen?

Attached: 1559195998421.jpg (1080x1344, 83K)

Cause it sucked.

Period. Point blank.

women hit their peak at 37
trust me

overhyped garbage by Yea Forums

i thought its going to have raimi's spider man vibes but it turned out to be a quippy shitfest

Contrarians/Disney-Shills like have come out on Yea Forums and Yea Forums calling the movie worse than Adolf Hitler and spamming threads how they are angry at Yea Forums or Yea Forums were tricking them.

It was boring

No one hates this film, it was fun and comfy

How?

Because the torrent is out and a Marvel movie is releasing

It's good at everything except the action, so it flopped because the masses only want fights

I wasn't a fan of Shazam but Captain Marvel horribly boring.

>watching it and thinking about the people complaining it takes 30 minutes for Billy to become Shazam
what's wrong with zoomers? The pacing was perfectly fine and those 30 minutes are engaging and set a lot of stuff and go by pretth fast

Im petty.

Havent seen it, never will. I hate Johns' most recent take on the character. Fucking hated how he ruined the characters before even that. I hate DC is retarded about copyright. I hate that it's not Captain Marvel in an art deco city fighting the super science of frail, old and ugly Sivana.
So im opting out. Give me what Multiversity did, that Fawcett, and I'll consume.
Dont give me renewed ips with changes that avoid future suits. DC fucks that up too anyways.
So why would i even pirate this?

Attached: Hey_anon._Whatchu_thinkin.png (620x545, 475K)

>slain prime Yvonne
breddy based guy

Attached: shazam formerly chuck.png (1300x900, 416K)

Compared to the oppressively dull avengers movies its good.

>formerly chuck
lel

the film is much better than Johns' run

please finish this

Attached: 1556319781356.jpg (1422x1063, 281K)

great movie

4K bluray is out as well
imgbox.com/QXwl4OBP

My problems with it
>The wizard was underused
>Billy doesn't seem to be a very good person
>Billy doesn't really care about superheroes
>They spend too much time on Billy doing stupid shit with his powers
>The 7 deadly sins are horrible characterless CGI monsters
>There's too much of a disconnect between Billy and Shazam, they don't feel at all like the same person at all
>Wait they're all Shazam now? That's just dumb. It draws focus away from the protagonist and adds nothing. And now there's all these random adult Shazam actors that are on screen exclusively for this fight scene. I can't even tell which one is which kid most of the time. Do they all have the full Shazam powers or did he weaken himself by giving power to them?
All in all it was a pretty dull movie. It tried to be lighthearted and fun but really it just failed to be funny.

Attached: shazam.jpg (575x323, 131K)

>They spend too much time on Billy doing stupid shit with his powers
not really

>pretending someone beyond dcucks actually care enough about this to hate it

>>Billy doesn't seem to be a very good person
I think that's what they were going for. His arc begins at his doing bad things with good intentions(stealing info about his supposed mom from the cops) peaks at him doing good things with bad intentions(saving a bus full of people after almost killing them himself on accident) and ends with him doing good things with good intentions(fighting ebil bad bald man).

so how is he not a good person?
misguided maybe, but not bad

original billy was a happy go lucky kid

Not saying he's bad, but he's not the paragon of virtue the wizard was looking for. He's just some mixed up kid who ends up using the powers for himself.
It seemed like they were trying to set up that Billy was the true champion, but then at the end they pull the rug out from under you and it looks like the wizard just picked some random kid because he was about to snuff it and had no choice.

>they were trying to set up that Billy was the true champion
it turns out the true champions were the friends he made along the way :^)

I don’t. I rather like it. It’s wholesome and silly and sweet, which is precisely in the spirit of Shazam.

he's not but he's got that potential and that's why he was found
and even when he points that out to the wizard he just retorts youre all i got

The Wizard was letting a past mistake make him overly cautious. Billy proves himself in the instant he says he believes the Wizard’s looking for something that doesn’t exist. That’s a key component to actually being pure of heart - humility. True humility.

I love this fucking movie.

I thought it was a pleasant little romp. I've never heard anyone say they hate it because barely anyone talked about it when it came out

Why wouldn't they?

Relax dude. It's a kids movie, not a grand conspiracy. Not everyone is a shill out to get you. Get mental help.

Attached: Dab2.jpg (947x647, 65K)

it's literally a plot point

>oppressively dull

*tips fedora*

Attached: SayTheNWord.png (1200x1778, 4M)

>formerly chuck
Motherfucker

Ok, you might've missed one point. It took Billy some time to fully embrace all the powers of his, and Wisdom of Solomon kicked in last. At about the time when he game his real mother the compass.

twitter.com/ZacharyLevi/status/1138325817321091072

Fun fact: one of the legends(myths) associated with Solomon in Jewish folklore is the wisdom to discern, name, and bind evil spirits. Billy does all three at the close. That’s the full potential that the Sins we’re talking about - wisdom.

Attached: 1561671804906.jpg (800x667, 139K)

based demon hunter

For me, it's the very poster, it makes me cringe and kills the idea of me watching it.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Attached: SHAZAM-actors.png (630x1284, 572K)

it's funny because in the actual movie he's not a social media zoomer and they even do the "he's got not social media presence, guy's a ghost" cliche, and he ever only uses a smartphone once, as a phone

Um because no one hates it?

Attached: IMG_20190703_075307_782.jpg (1102x935, 165K)

little nigga jack is dropping hardcore redpills and hates the jews

Meant to reply to OP, nvm

>I can't even tell which one is which kid most of the time.
Bruh they were color and racial coded for you convenience

+1
Is it a gay superhero movie?
Does he have the power to fight Aids?

Does it count as pedophilia if you want to bump uglies with SHAZAM!'d Darla?

Attached: 3D01400.gif (275x176, 1.07M)

Fuck yeah. I love this kid.

and he's one of the best parts of both IT and Shazam

No. But it did give me a brand new fetish.

Agreed. When I saw him in IT, then saw him cast as Freddie, I knew he’d kill it and have exactly the chemistry they were going for.

It came out 5 years too early

>Adult Darla is riding your dick
>She suddenly says SHAZAM! while you´re still inside her
>She turns into a kid

What do?

Goddamnit
What is it with Captain Marvel and Lousiana.

Close my eyes reflexively when hearing the lighting/thunder
Erupt from the electricity and instantly tiny space around my dick.
Pass out.
Wake up with small girl next to me.
Think
"Goddamnit I fucked up and hooked up with a chick with a kid".
Try to sneak out.

I despise capeshit, will I enjoy it? or is it just another quipfest

well, it is capeshit and it is juvenile
but it's also not cringe and it's not quippy.

I actually really liked this one. I saw Captain Marvel a couple weeks before and was bored as hell. I had a pretty good time watching Shazam

Of course Billy wasn't really a good person. He was a 14 year old bouncing around the foster care system. If I got superpowers at that age. I'd probably do the same shit as him. I'd rather watch him grow into a good person than be one right at the start

Absolutely based