Film is finally getting interesting

>film is finally getting interesting
>Jk lol Gatsby dies the end
Have you ever regretted wasting time to pirate a movie?

Attached: 268x0w.png (268x402, 165K)

absolutely one of the worst movies i have ever seen. it’s too loud, the production is garish and eye straining, the acting is laughable, the music is unbearable. the guy who cucked me and took the girl i’m in love with would always try to debate me on what this film does right

I think that might have been the point, to visually overwhelm the audience as a way of putting them into Nick's (Tobey Maguire) shoes. The rap is supposed to emulate how Jazz felt in the 20's: music by the blacks that was loud and brash and energetic, conveying it in a way that modern audiences would understand.

I won't apologize for Baz Luhrmann's continued existence but I quite liked this movie. Hopefully I don't sound too much like your bull

Reminder.
‘The Great Gatsby’ is a metaphor for the takeover of the American Mafia and organized crime racquets by old families during the 1920s and 1930s.

You would’ve already known that if you’d read the novel you illiterate shit.

No it's not.
It's about how hollow the pursuit of women is.

partially this

but it's ACTUALLY about the dangers of nostalgia and fawning over your oneitis

are you ok, user?

is there such thing as the green light out there

Attached: 1539340857877.gif (200x200, 140K)

>but it's ACTUALLY about the dangers of nostalgia and fawning over your oneitis
A better description, right here.
When Nick first goes to Gatsby's party, there is a description about how bucket of oranges are squeezed for their juices and their hollow skin shells thrown out en masse. This was a metaphor for everyone at these parties.

pleb filtered by the apex of sincere and authentic cinema. Luhrmann is one of the finest filmmakers of this era.

you wouldn't have wasted your time if you read the book first

I wanted to watch this after reading the book but the trailer was so awful I didn't even bother. Was Nick a faggot? His gf (Jordan I think) seemed nice desu but he was obsessed with Gatsby

>was nick a faggot?
The book implies he is. It briefly mentions that he leaves a guy's apartment late at night or in the morning(?) after meeting him at a party. It's pretty easy to miss. Been a while since I read it though.

Doesnt this movie have Debicki in it

Attached: 1543876480544-206446790.jpg (920x675, 132K)

never read the book then?

tried to read the book got about 5 pages before it was like oh shut the fuck up
how is this shit famous

She's in a black wig but yeah

Gatsby is such an interior driven novel it’s pretty much impossible to adapt. People call Blood Meridian impossible to film because getting the right atmosphere would be stupidly expensive. Gatsby is impossible to adapt because the film language doesn’t exist yet.

>books that you hated as a teenager but grew to love as an adult

>cuck hates movie
>alpha chad loves it
that settles it

its a pretty alright movie, depicts women as the whores they are
only bad nigger music ruins it

how can human beings enjoy seeing di caprio do this role again and again and over and over