What went right?

what went right?

Attached: FP4438-COWBOY-BEBOP-line-up.jpg (1499x1000, 312K)

Had soul

Anime sucks

soundtrack was bearable

Literally the only japshit ever made that is tolerable.

they appropriated america music

Overrated as fuck, but still decent

Almost all of the main characters were adults and seasoned. No high school bullshit main characters.

Director was allowed to do what he wanted because they had a budget originally meant to sell mecha toys in Japan.

characters, story arc, music, style
pretty much everything
they managed to avoid most of the cringey shit that makes a lot of anime unbearable

It was boring as fuck.
The only good episodes were the Vicious ones.

Spike Spiegel

Jazz, also it focused on adult characters and themes, something other Chinese cartoons don't seem to care about

I have been saying that this is the main problem with anime for over a decade now.

SPBP

Did Vicious fuck that tranny?

>(((Spike Spiegel)))

Non weebs can enjoy it, while only weebs can enjoy Evangelion

Well then you are right, if I'm looking at anime then the main characters age is one of the first things I check

This is a really overlooked yet vital point. The kid was a kid, the others were adults and it showed, even though they could be goofy at times. Just like I appreciated there was a sex/love story in Trigun.
I'm sick of this "young adult / globalized Peter Pan syndrome" mass trend. It's shit, and anyone past 25 saying "don't grow up it's a scam" or shit like that gets me riled up.
Other than that, for OP :
> memorable soundtrack
> one season, one movie, done
> cool tropes shed in a new light (western + SciFi)
> released before internet could downgrade anything with outrage, memes or useless controversy
> no pandering to any crow anywhere, it's its own thing
> almost each episode is a self-contained story, cool.

Attached: 1554370642461.jpg (962x962, 167K)

Music
Tits
Lots of focus on food
Self contained stories

He said cowboy bebop not space dandy

I enjoyed the hell out of Space Dandy though
Watanabe basically has a perfect track record right?

Should I push through if I quit during he first episode? Seemed too wacky to fit into the Champloo/Bebop genre

It is wacky but you should try to get into it as it has some genuinely brilliant episodes

The lulsorandum shit becomes grating but I stuck around for the visuals and the main characters grew on me surprisingly fast
The second episode is actually one of the best, I believe it's the one with the food sage

The animation. The music. The episodes that weren't connected to Vicious.

the balance between sad times and good times
and the music, especially when Ed leaves and when the show ends
just the whole thing is great I love it

surprisingly sad but, but also uplifting at the same timr

are you guys excited for the live action netflix adaptation

I have immensely low expectations for multiple reasons
1. Creators had to resort to Netflix
2. Casting of John Cho
3. This creeping feeling that it will solely focus on the vaguely grimdark aspects and ignore all the fun and adventure, literally suck the life out of the entire thing

I was so glad that Faye Valentine never became a love interest or anything. For a show that played on genre cliches it managed to keep away from the cliches of tv serial storytelling.

>faye is slightly shorter than me
Damn

I have the feeling it's going to be complete shit but I will 100000% watch it. It probably is just gonna be really grim dark, isn't it. every episode will be a backstory episoe with like the first bounty and pierrot le fou or something. i want to see andy the cowboy in live action form

the characters were very human

He wasn't a tranny, he was a unfortunate victim of drug testing. He was most definitely a fag though. And no, i don't think they did it

the whole aesthetic, including the music

>netflix
No

Cringe.

Attached: file.png (960x1440, 1.51M)

I hated Dandy. It does have some nice eps, but the lelrandumxd shite is way too much in it. I also didn't warm up to any of the characters at all.
Bebop was my #1 for years and Champloo is easily in top 10 as well.

Bebop does well at showing and not always telling. Both the characters and setting are fleshed out gradually and organically as the show progresses.

When you first watch it, it seems episodic but it's not entirely. Each episode actually contains pieces to the larger puzzle.

This is one the only anime shows that utilizes advanced literary techniques to tell its story. This usually goes over most people's heads. For example, the very first episode mirrors the last episode. The couple Spike meets in episode 1 is a parallel to his relationship with Julia. The audience usually overlooks this because they don't have any idea about Spike and Julia and Spike's past. The relevance of the couple's fate in Episode 1 is foreshadowing Spike's story and fate but by the time you learn enough about Spike to put those pieces together, you've likely completely forgotten about episode 1. Afterall, when you first watch it, you have no reason to think you needed to pay special attention to what happened in episode 1. You think you're just watching a catchy pilot, but there's actually meaning there.

Of course, most people recognize that Bebop blends multiple film and art styles together: film noir, kung-fu movies, sci fi, western, jazz, rock, folk, etc

The themes of the show are relatable to everyone. It revolves around the melancholy of past, regret, and the future. For Spike, he could never escape his past and his regrets and, though he potentially had a future, you could not embrace it for this reason. For Faye, she learns that her past is not necessary for her to build a future. And so on.

In addition to all this, Bebop touches many other sub themes about certain philosophical concepts, questions about humans relationships with technology, and other sci fi dilemnas.

The icing on the cake is the sheer coolness and quality animation of the show.

I know it's common to call Bebop one of the greats, but actually I think people often overlook just how great it actually is.

Attached: 1539681019107.jpg (990x748, 184K)

A gentleman and a kinosopher

Live action when

>some old fart not dead from his artificial testosterone yet
>some pencil-neck trying to be cool
>some fridge trying to not be and having a clear hard time
>some loli or shota; who really knows, or cares
also

music
humor was good
art style is a good mix of anime and fine art
no characters that drag and the main characters compliment each other
fighting and combat all on point
julia's story isnt overdone and told from spike's perspective
great filler episodes
setting is interesting and realistic
good pacing

Based.

Anyone else think Ed was annoying as fuck?Same for the girl on many occasions but at least she had her moments.

Ed was a girl silly

Attached: 1555922273149.gif (487x560, 898K)

True, bad phrasing on my part.
Didn't like Ed either way.

Evangelion was such a huge success Studio Sunrise told Watanabe he could literally do anything he wanted as long as it had spaceships.

Go back, reddit

Attached: 1491497428502.png (800x2810, 589K)

user do you have the gay? Your post is very reminiscent of someone being a faggot

Because I didn't like the annoying little shit?

why does Yea Forums hate bebop so much?

Whole anime is filler

nice thread

Attached: 1445989710623.jpg (828x686, 160K)

>the real fuuck balloons
>ching chong ping sher shang ching pang chong persher ching chong
>the real fuuuuck balloons
>ching chang ching chon-chong
god i love that ending theme

Attached: 1552006330619.png (1054x526, 70K)

>>>/reddit/

Because Yea Forums only cares about moeblob loli highschool girls slice of life shit

say no more user. have fun getting to grips with being faggot, faggot.

Attached: And then one day out of nowhere hitler etc etc.jpg (1080x1335, 171K)

Nigger what the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: hitlerbeardboy.jpg (1243x650, 271K)