Too Old To Die Young

What's his fucking problem bros? He keeps making visionary masterpieces, one after the other. His latest being a 13 hour movie, spellbinding.

Attached: nicolas-winding-refn.jpg (681x383, 32K)

bump
sorry this isn't another capeshit thead, you incel faggots

double bump suck my dickkkkkkk

you people have no taste

teller pulls of the mustache

he's pure gorgeous alpha male splendor
cant wait to see him as Elvis

He has no problem. He's apparently already done another movie/tv show called maniac cop. Sounds cool already

Best TV show in a decade maybe more, rewatching it right now

Maybe start a conversation than just memeing in the OP

>Best TV show in a decade maybe more, rewatching it right now
totally agree, all-time great imho

>He's apparently already done another movie/tv show called maniac cop
sauce

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.8-1.webm (1926x1040, 3M)

brutal, loved it

lol gottem

I want to punch you in the face

The nerds at collider got an interview with him for TOTDY. Check it out. I didn't watch the full interview but he brings maniac cop up for a minute and the chick didn't ask him more about it. Im pretty sure he is implying it's a film/show already done

Why did she think he was her mom?

sickkk
*kisses*

>TOTDY
stupid as fuck acronyms

Wetback was an annoying character, glad Jesus put him in his place

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.4-3.webm (1334x720, 2.99M)

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.10-1.webm (886x690, 2.99M)

Nice. Got any Jena nudes?

>no recoil deagle
CRINGE

I want to see what happens next w/ jesus bros

from the show? no

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.4-41.webm (978x982, 2.97M)

>What's his fucking problem bros
all style, all substance, No plot...possibly onto something

Attached: 1562024697157.png (551x820, 333K)

should i download this/? whats it about?

The underbelly of L.A. which looks pretty comfy

more like visionary feces

It's another show that ruins itself because of durr ayyliums. Sad!

without any irony, is it like his other movies? from the OP im gathering it is, and I like refns movies. but for that reason im having trouble imagining something like drive or only god forgives, being 13 hours long. The other one he did, with ellie fanning about the models wasn't too great. if its more towards that end of the spectrum eh

Disillusioned cop travels on both the sides of law as he delves deeper in the LA underworld

>[queefing]

If it's refn you should know what to expect. All his characters have a lag reaction time in speaking and it's no different in Too old. Very long but the violence is worth it

its easily the best thing he's ever done

Narratively it's really strong, just slow. I thought it would be a Refn wankfest for 13 hours but actually he fills it really well, there's sort of three linked stories so there's plenty going on.
If you cut out the silence between people talking to each other it would be about 4 hours long

OOOH MANDY

Unironic adrenaline pumped car chase

what did he mean by this?

Attached: REFN.jpg (2038x2256, 2.12M)

Wanna fight?

FUCK OFF NIC GET A LIFE

>he's actually a southpaw
oh refn

what did Refn mean by all the fucking dance sequences though

That's not a "deagle" fucktard lurk moar

Damien's dance was actually great

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.7-3.webm (562x736, 2.83M)

that's not southpaw. Or am I a newfag?

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.6-4.webm (1204x650, 2.97M)

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.6-5.webm (1334x720, 2.99M)

you have no idea what it's like to truly be a visionary filmmaker

fuck
yes

>slide doesn't move
>no casing
>no recoil
embarrassing

>Le neon better call saul

>13 hour movie
it was actually 10 shitty episodes of tv

your parents never loved you

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.7-1.webm (1334x720, 2.99M)

>Make 13 hours of teevee
>Forget to write an ending

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.6-2.webm (1334x720, 2.96M)

what have you ever done with your life that was so great?

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.6-1.webm (1926x1040, 2.93M)

Alfonso was literally the only character I liked other than Viggo. His acting and swapping between English and Wetback flawlessly was pretty good.

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.4-1.webm (1926x1040, 2.96M)

Would have been good if the show ended on episode 9, the one scene where Refn's agonisingly slow pacing worked well was Diana waiting for Viggo to return. We already knew Yaritza (awful actress) was going to join them as Diana refers to her early in the episode. All that happens in episode 10 is Diana has a day off and Yaritza gets ready to join them. At least Refn made it only 30 minutes so we could get this shitshow over with.

Refn fags are the worst. You guys are worse than capeshit fans.

I always assumed yaritza was coming to kill them, not join them. But joining probably makes more sense

>implying best character wasn't cold-blooded oedipal pretty boy cartel boss

>Refn fags are the worst.
it's because we're better than you and we know it

You probably haven't seen a single one of his films and if you did then it can't be much more than fucking Drive and whatever came afterwards.

lmao. Yeah, sure fag.

Attached: DangerousFeminineBarnacle-max-1mb.gif (240x138, 186K)

His acting is good but he looks so obviously gay I would be more surprised if he was straight. Also he just feels like the token Mommy Issues character that Refn has to include in his work.

How do you not know what Maniac Cop is? He isn't directing it, he's producing. This has been known for a while. It is a remake of a really good William Lustig movie.

>Drive
it's alright
it's certainly not Valhalla Rising

Miles cute

trips of Miles cute

ITT: times you acted like the Too Old

>stare at people at store entrance
>store owner comes out and tells me to leave
>minute goes by
>I spit
>I turn and stare at the wall
>she leaves

I also like young girls and am prone to brutal outbursts of violence and vigilante justice. Nobody fucks with me. This show is literally about me.

Attached: me.png (1028x526, 112K)

Neon Demon is literally his only good movie. Drive doesn't hold up, and Only God Forgives is fucking terrible. Everything else is indie Danish bullshit.

why people keep talking about this failure?

> no traction among people
> amazon hide in absolute shame
> it divide even the fans of this hack

just accept this for the dumbster fire that it was and let it go.

Attached: 1523241004094.png (665x699, 677K)

didn't they see the guy that came from the front? or the sound from the other guy running?

I liked Miles character a lot, which I didn't expect because he's unlikeable in literally everything, but I couldn't stand Yaritza for 1 second in any scene she's in. I'm sure she sounded like a cool character in Refn's/Brubaker's head but fuck me she sucked

Attached: thog.jpg (1242x956, 63K)

*snorts*
*growls*

*spits*

>Buying groceries at store
>Staff member scans all my products and puts them in a bag for me
>Tells me the price
>Stare at her in extended silence
>She looks awkwardly at the queue of customers forming behind me
>Asks me to please pay for my shopping
>Spit on the floor
>Say "Okay"
>Wait for another few seconds
>Leave

This is pretty much the actual whole script.

the problem was trying to sell a pedestrian looking mexican girl, who looks like a maid, into this mystical creature.

but refn is clearly a faggot, so i understand not understanding what a straight man like.

Yeah that's somewhat it
Magdalena was hot and imposing but Yaritza is just a very smug taco vendor.
Final nail in the coffin was her going Mex Payne in the finale

she looks like a prostitute that i would pay 80$ for half hour and forget it all about it.

to be fair, except for that guy that the midget crossdresser faggot humiliate, all the mexican characters are boring and empty.

refn, as the hack he is, tries to make them cool using his gimmicks, but a tv/streaming show needs more than that to engage an audience.

again, no surprise that amazon acts like the show dont even exist.

Refn is a very good director when he is given a script or story to work with. (Drive, Bronson, Valhalla Rising.)
Let him do the writing (Only God Forgives and Neon Demon) and his films are still compelling, but almost distractingly self-indulgent. The sparse style of dialogue that was so memorable in Drive gets stretched almost impossibly thin, and the story just kind of meanders from scene to scene. Characters, plot and overall coherence becomes secondary to aesthetics. Like I said, these movies are still compelling, but it becomes clear that boundaries - whether they are the script or runtime - are good for Refn.
Too Old to Die Young was the result of Refn with almost no boundaries. Fourteen hours of slow pans, neon lights, synth music, violence, and perversion. It was very interesting and unique, but also needlessly slow and overall masturbatory. He has stated in interviews that he shot the series "as an excuse to move his wife to LA" and that "we just kept shooting until we ran out of money." Not exactly a recipe for high art, much less a quality show.
At the end of the day, I enjoyed TOTDY. But it is far from great. Circle-jerking arthouse fags often forget that one of the functions of film is to entertain. That doesn't mean you need to shoehorn in shallow drama or visual theatrics just to appeal to the box office. It just means that an honest, skillful creator remembers that he is creating art for an audience, and that the commonality of the human experience and condition is present in his work. A good example of this is Apocalypse Now - a film unwavering in its artistic vision that still manages to fascinate and entertain decades later. The key is not to find compromises between art and entertainment, but to find the crux where these values transcend and amplify one another. Refn is clearly incapable, or uninterested, in doing this.

Attached: apocalypse-now-poster-laurent-durieux.jpg (1100x1650, 642K)

>any last words, gringo?
>No. Wait, I'm too old to die young.

u retard brubaker wrote the scripts