Just watched this for the first time, I usually don't like sci-fi and/or action shit. It was.. ok-ish

Just watched this for the first time, I usually don't like sci-fi and/or action shit. It was.. ok-ish.

But I actually got suprised. Is this seriously where the whole redpill thing comes from? Is the explanation behind this classic meme seriously so stupid, trivial and rooted in US popculture? While I feel stupid to not have known this I also feel fucking disgusted

Attached: the_matrix_red_pill_blue_pill.jpg (768x433, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0BUt6eXkFMs&t=373s
youtube.com/watch?v=qg5rStNXHq8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What if I told you, have sex?

>Trivial
>I feel disgusted

It's literally a meme. What the fuck where you expecting? Also sage for not liking the Matrix.

The matrix is more of a technical achievement than a good story. It doesn't hold up to new viewers, but it moved the needle on what was acceptable to do in a movie and provided a lot of meme material, for better or worse. I watched the first two for the first time in a decade recently with my wife and we couldn't stop laughing at how stupid it all is, especially Reloaded.

I would neither notice it nor even think about the meaning of the two words for a second because it already has become one of our hundreds of completely meaningless catchphrases/buzzwords.

cool blog faggot

The Matrix is one of the best movies ever made. Clearly it is a pleb filter for the dumbing population.

Where the fuck did you think the term “red pill” came from?

Fpbp

yes it does you son of a bitch

kek, retard

Have sex

redpill just means the truth, what did you except it meant?

Fucking zoomers come out and watch movies from 20 years ago and think they're smarter than it because what was groundbreaking then has already been in the miasma for 20 years. You have to remember bringing the sort of philosophical questions that the Matrix did to the public in a mainstream movie, and an action one at that, was something that was very impressive.

FLIPPANT HYPERMODERNISM CONDENSED IN ONE POST.

Attached: KRD ANGL.png (2045x1130, 2.08M)

I've seen the two sequels in cinema as the first one as a young teen, and no, the "philosophical questions" really weren't that revolutionary or innovative. It was purely the techniques and aesthetics that made / make it a notable movie.

Also, it was heavily influenced by "Dark City" which was released two years before. They even used the roof set of Dark City for a chase scene in the first movie. Dark City came up with all the questions that you think make Matrix so great.
I also think Dark City is a much better movie. It's more grounded, dark and gritty. Matrix is too sterile.

I got love for you, too, user

Attached: 1561644875459.jpg (334x334, 70K)

It's not about the meaning, I know what redpill means. I just didn't know where the term originated.

This but unironically.
>Hey guys my mom finally let me watch the Matrix
>It was Ok
>Wait you mean all these memes that I parrot daily like a fucking retard came from it?

Ooof

That's not really what that post said. Also I'm 29 you idiot, I just never watched The Matrix.

Sounds to me like your retarded!

Why is everybody on here so mean

Did you know you can post on here without an insult or so many swearwords? That would also mean posting without hurting someone's feelings :(

Attached: 1558911203497.jpg (818x864, 74K)

Nope.

well it originates from morpheus giving him the choice of living a comfy lie or a hard truth
Whats the problem with that? would you have been happier of the redpill implied alogoritbms or reading nietche?

Actually I'm just bored as shit and I make these threads to either start fights or have a discussion. I forgot how to do anything else.

because you come here thirty years ago after having absorved all the memes and culture changes without knowing it and then you try to minimize the impact of any cornerstone achievement.
Insulting is for having watch something in their own time and being impressed
The same type of dude that watches a horror movie on a laptop with the lights on and the mother making tendies in the kitchen and after finish it with constant pauses to shitpost you say it's not scary
Like implying all if us retards for having some kind of emotion
Zoomer opinions are worthless, you have the same atention span of a pigeon

where are you from, user?

2 intellectual 4 u

Spain

here's how to quickly ruin your good impression about the series
youtube.com/watch?v=0BUt6eXkFMs&t=373s

Gallicien?

I remember when I first saw the term red pill here on Yea Forums. I knew the term from the Matrix, but I thought that I couldn't possibly be from that movie. That would just be too stupid and "simple", so I actually asked someone and he replied and told me that it was indeed from the Matrix.

It's just so disgusting. I mean, I love the Matrix, but to have a meme from a blockbuster movie just feels wrong. It's difficult to put into words, but it makes me want to puke.
I feel the same way about the term based, which is stolen from a black rapper. What the fuck are current era Yea Forums-users thinking? Shame on you.

You seriously watch these cocksucking e-celebs? Way to be a braindead zoomer

Are we being raided today? Or is it just because of summer? Lot of dumb fucking posters today.

Attached: 1488741710117.png (540x480, 204K)

Just watched this for the first time, I usually don't like masked men and/or plane shit. It was.. ok-ish.

But I actually got suprised. Is this seriously where the whole big guy for you thing comes from? Is the explanation behind this classic meme seriously so stupid, trivial and rooted in US popculture? While I feel stupid to not have known this I also feel fucking disgusted

Attached: fLRSK7z.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

>Just watched this for the first time
what is that? i thought the big guy meme came from some capeshit bullshit

Stop being so fucking pretentious, this is Yea Forums. The only thing a raid could do is raise the niveau on this board, no matter who's raiding.

youtube.com/watch?v=qg5rStNXHq8

catalan, why

I thought it was from this

Attached: nX397dA.png (577x1177, 717K)

I’m getting a real CATCHED vibe from this thread

Lovely how us misfits have fun with the normies, a short interruption of their normal lives full of normal things

I don't get it

SLAMMED