Was Mad Men the greatest television show of all time?

Was Mad Men the greatest television show of all time?

Attached: gJIam.jpg (500x281, 57K)

I would say "the greatest American TV drama of the 21st century" without too much fear of being proven wrong, if you say "greatest TV show of all time" you open yourself up to attack from all angles and from fans of shows you've never even seen, not to mention rabid Sopranos/Wire/BB/Frasier/etc fans on here.

It was ok

Attached: 1497958022508.jpg (345x336, 214K)

Boring, overrated garbage for soibois who have never felt powerful, useful or loved in their entire lives.

it was basically General Hospital with better acting and production

>tfw its summertime and the darkies are gay
How did Weiner get away with it?

you'll grow into it, try again in 10 years if it meant so little to you first go-around

it's just fictional entertainment, stop projecting your own fears on the fans

no that's sopranos

No

Attached: knight-rider.jpg (1200x800, 92K)

Joke's on you I don't even watch dramas.

yea

Don't be a Sal.

Attached: MadMenDon1.jpg (597x403, 29K)

Needed less uppity females.

Frasier "fans" are shitposting boomers, and there are no BB fans here.

watched first 8 episodes of Season 1 last night and so far its about jewish women.

>Mike Pence stumps in the black community: Circa 2020

the secret is... it's really a show about how the original batch of American females went uppity, Peggy from submissive secretary to ball-busting director, Betty from loyal mom and wife to cheater and bitch who kicked Don out of his own home, Megan from sexy pet to independent and ambitious 2nd wife who doesn't need Don anymore (although I'm sure she didn't rip up his check for a million dollars or give back any of his furniture), lots of other examples like Roger's daughter, etc, how do you guys not get the central theme of the show, no wonder most of you are so confused by it.

>there are no BB fans here.
there used to be, at least until a couple of years ago (or BCS went to shit. whichever came first), they couldn't have ALL been doing it ironically

Attached: Jmrphbr.jpg (1200x898, 320K)

user, c'mon.

They had guys raping chicks, tackling them in parties over bets about the color of their panties, the female partner got her partnership by fucking a big client, and most women Don fucked are portrayed as legitimately disturbed, from junkies to golddiggers.

It was the hype of a current thing.

Rewatching you see it was basically Bryan Cranston carrying the whole thing.

oh and here's another clue for you Yea Forums fans... it's why Don holds all the power, wealth, and authority in the first episode and why he has virtually no power, wealth, or authority in the last episode, it's all been transferred to the ladies for better or for worse,

Attached: Watch it, Laney.png (586x390, 287K)

>from junkies to golddiggers.
so a realistic and non-pandering portrayal of a large and diverse group of women? Almost all of whom end up kicking out, leaving, or cheating on their man? Women weren't portrayed as helpless on this show, quite the opposite.

Attached: 1534641486303.jpg (1200x2082, 710K)

*sensible chuckle while sipping*

Attached: 1507939809923.jpg (908x563, 302K)

All of them had the same weakness, men.

>all the same weakness, men
or food, or the acting bug, or propriety, or status in the office, or pride, or self doubt, or regrets for past choices, or drugs, or greed, or...

Yeah, they had other ones, but all shared the same one. Men. Don or some other guy

No, I got it after season 1. It is a chore watching it afterwards. My clue was watching breaking bad first and some of the walking dead. AMC is notoriously subtle in its depiction of women as horrible people. Never fails. Every show I see on AMC has a mother who uses her children as leverage against a father and the fathers are just whipped losers with more money than sense, in thr case of don and walt. Both of them had the power and the know how put their women in their place, but did not because they lacked the will. The women smoke and drink while pregnant to punish the fathers, even though they didnt see nor know.
Honestly, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to see how terrible women are while thinking they have it rough or were dealt a bad hand.

>BCS went to shit
Never happened

One of, sure.
The greatest show, to the point of completely transcending the medium, is Twin Peaks (2017)

Attached: 1561237683886.png (572x592, 368K)

I always went shitface drunk when i watched it and i think it was great, wouldnt watch it sober.

Don was a faggot and a shit character.
>ah bloo bloo im a rich good looking guy with a good job and my 10/10 wife isn't enough for me
I kept hoping he'd jump out of the window like in the intro