What was the very first DVD you bought? For me, both pic related and Tomorrow Never Dies in the summer of 2000...

What was the very first DVD you bought? For me, both pic related and Tomorrow Never Dies in the summer of 2000, alongside my first DVD player.

Attached: 714PTVSFGYL.gif (325x475, 172K)

Twister on DVD

The Matrix and Se7en

King Kong Vs. Godzilla in 1998. Didn't even have a real DVD player, just a DVD-ROM, but it was cool.

The Grinch and the Roger Moore movie Fire, Ice and Dynamite. Might have been Highlander 2 also. I hadn't seen any of them, they all sucked.

The Godfather Box Set in 2002?

Starship Troopers

>The Matrix
Same. For some reason my retarded kid brain thought they would ban it. Then 911 happened and they banned a lot of shit

Blade. I didn't even own a DVD player yet, I just loved the movie and bought it in preparation for when I could afford a PS2.

Taxi Driver, in 2002

Attached: 5156RQFRHEL._SY445_.jpg (305x445, 36K)

Attached: Lindsay_Lohan_in_F-12461.jpg (1024x768, 168K)

Spider-man (2002)

Flight of the Navigator in 2004

Attached: 910o2zuIFRL._RI_.jpg (1920x2560, 683K)

I've never bought a DVD in my life. t. 33 yo boomer.

Attached: 7143UcYm95L._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 40K)

Kelly's Heroes

My dad bought a dvd-rom drive for his computer in '98 and got Austin Powers because it was the cheapest one at the store. Shelled out around $600 for it and we dragged the couch sideways to watch it on his 14" crt monitor in the corner of the room.

The Mummy Returns

LotR extended editions. The ones that looked like the green, red, and blue books.

LOTR: FOTR extended edition. That's the earliest I can remember actually buying. I used to rent a lot of movies though, back when that was a thing.

Heavy Metal 2000

That sounds like an awesome dad to be honest. Was your mom posted at the expense?

Attached: 51BE4DHAPKL.jpg (367x500, 50K)

Attached: 51QY3KMNMAL._SY445_.jpg (311x445, 27K)

No, my parents were both well paid medical professionals and spoiled us kids well beyond what we deserved. My dad was a solid bro, he was big in to computers and was busy buying a new PC when my mom went in to labor with me so he told her to drive herself, showed up at the hospital 2 hours later and chained his new tower to the bed with a bike lock so he wouldn't have to keep an eye on it.

The only 2 DVDs i bought in my life are Pirates of the Caribbean and pic related.
Don't hate.

Attached: file.png (268x402, 246K)

Ha. Heres another question. How old were you when he got the Austin Powers movie? I was like 14 or 15 and I remember we had the VHS and watched with my dad. I remember it being initially really awkward because of what I could laugh at or whatever. It was a very "worlds colliding" moment.

>mommy Hewitt kino

Why would we hate you?

Attached: 1559279304932.jpg (768x768, 99K)

We got it fairly soon after it released, so I was seven or eight. I didn't understand most of the sex jokes yet and my parents were already well aware of my love for big-titted women because I would use my brother's Pog maker to stamp out a bunch of tits and ass from the victoria's secret catalogue.

Attached: 22b024c80f6a848a979e8e2c83a2df99.jpg (861x1000, 168K)

I think mine might have been The World Is Not Enough. Or Godzilla (1998) which came with my Sony DVD player, can't remember which was first.

Attached: 1556425385478.webm (900x383, 2.79M)

Do you still have any of those pogs? Post them if you do.

I wish. I kept them in my toybox, but I came home from school one day when I was 13 and my mom and thrown the entire thing out because I wasn't playing with them much anymore. Suck too, I had old transformers toys, wresting action figures, I had the Terminator toy with the ugly purple shirt and robot arm. I'm just glad she didn't throw out the legos, I had a 50 gallon rubbermaid box full of them that she gave to my cousin and I later got back for my own kid to play with.

Tomorrow Never Dies was a bitchin' DVD because it contained an audio track that was just music. It was the only way to get a clean rip of that sick party music.

Everything about Tomorrow Never Dies was great. It was my first DVD too. Trouble is our computer at the time was a Compaq and it had trouble playing some DVDs for some reason. So I ended up buying the VHS collectors edition which had all the DVD extras on a separate cassette.

Attached: Tomorrow Never Dies (18).jpg (1600x685, 106K)

It was Mad Max, back when some dvds came in those half plastic, half cardboard cases.

I still have a DVD of Batman '89 that's like that