Knives Out

Or: Rian Johnson Strikes Back
youtu.be/qGqiHJTsRkQ

Attached: 8D88A3C2-8984-4B6B-9BFA-9358274B556A.png (1136x640, 1010K)

imagine hiring all those actors and not even getting a single good performence

Looks terrible desu. I expected something better.

Will his career be over if his writing fucks up a cast this good? The trailer was just LOOK AT DIS FAMOUS ACTORS

He really learnt nothing. I don't mind him making his original things, but the dialogue is so fuckin reddity it hurts.

Well it looks more watchable than TLJ.

I don't hate his films, but I fucking hate TLJ

Weird bu it's looks good and refreshing

Eat shit

Based

Attached: 1553622074467.jpg (608x914, 161K)

Eat shit

I would rather watch the mentalist again

>to the black cop: What is this CSI KFC?
Why is Captain America so based?

Attached: 1495303590803.jpg (608x580, 35K)

Eat shit

Attached: donte.gif (500x214, 895K)

>What is this CSI KFC
Why is Rian so fucking based

It looks terrible. Like this is a low-budget comedy film.

On the case of Yea Forums vs Rian Johnson the deffence would like to present exhibit A to disprove those slanderous accusations that claim that the director is a hack. Our firm considers that a reduced sentence is in order because, while instrumental to the crime, there is enough evidence to consider with reasonable doubt that Rian acted under preasure from both Disney and KK.

Rian Johnson is a hack

>Clue done by a a fucking retard

Attached: nope.jpg (298x309, 104K)

>A who dunnit
>like it's never been dun before
Can't wait to have my expectations subverted...

noone dun it, get subverted you fuck

the butler actually did do it

Attached: 57d08f521700000233c78495.jpg (960x1440, 284K)

Movie 43 irl

what's up with that Frank Sinatra weird remix?

Can´t it be just silly fun? This is not SW. It doesn´t really matter if it deviates a tad from the genre rules.

I too like paying tickets for movies I have seen before

me too. I'm surprised that the trailer plays like a whoduunit parody and one where humor is mostly a miss.

It was the military guy in the Mouse Trap btw

>Rianshit
No thank you :3

>Will his career be over if his writing fucks up a cast this good?
I think that the studios are about to discover that he's radioactive at the box office.

Looks like a student film. Craig's accent is awful.

Attached: 001024.jpg (1366x768, 439K)

Based.

Why is the lighting so bad? Johnson is a hack but I would expect him to at least hire a competent DP. This looks like a TV show.

Guys do you even realize that Rian is basically the guy with the weirdest carrear in Hollywood? He basically did 3 movies before Wars of Stars one of them no one saw, another one was shit and the other one was just passable. He's never been on the radars until The Looper and now he has a movie coming out with a cast like in Ocean's eleven. I honestly cannot understand his endgame. What's his style? What are his movies even about? I mean when it comes to directors like Nolan, Spielberg it's all more or less clear but Rian? I honestly can't put my finger on it. It's so bizzare.

There always a prick like him everywhere. He is the beta chad, someone who keep on living because he is always tolerated and protected by people who should be kicking his head.

Well he is a chad

dude was close friends with Devin Faraci. Disney PR did a grade A job covering that narrative during Last Jedi.

He's a perpetual fuckboy for producers who uses that watermelon head to give the hottest SUCC.

looks pretty good desu

The height of "epic XD" pastiche for a kind of movie that never existed.

that Devin, the guy that got #metoo'd and fired from LAFCA?

He made Brick, which was good. Looper was decent. Even though TLJ is shit he proved he can handle a big project.
So the studio gave him a bunch of money and told him "do whatever now". And so he did.

Also directed Ozymandias and Fly, kino Breaking Bad episodes.

Student film with insane budget, good actors and professional crew.

fuck, right, totally forgot about those

He did a pretty good job directing the Breaking Bad episodes, when he starts writing is when he gets obnoxious
He should just direct other people's scripts

Attached: 93870A63-17BD-4AE0-812C-6AAE65F8A70A.jpg (882x497, 147K)

>the victim accidentaly killed himself

that's probably it
embarrassing lmao

this or the nogs killed him

Looks fun senpai.

TLJ sucked but I'll probably see this in theater.

it was the maid all along

Attached: C1wtPdGXUAAS3Qd2.jpg (1200x904, 347K)

It looks interesting. Especially visually.

It's too bad Star Wars manchildren will derail all discussion of it.

Attached: 1554423060102.png (500x500, 6K)

>It's too bad Star Wars manchildren will derail all discussion of it.
Probably the retards over at Geeks & Gamers. I didn't like The Last Jedi, but I rarely talk about it nowadays.

yup

Oh boo fucking hoo.

Attached: 1531397179725.gif (320x240, 2.45M)

Looks as overloaded and doomed for medicority as Murder on the Orient Express and Trouble at the... Something Inn/Hotel, the one starring Thor. Obviously poor writing ('Eat shit, eat shit, you eat shit') and scenes that look expensive to produce masking the fact that there isn't anything worthwhile in the script. Also anything starring the MCU actors is a surefire failure.

So.... the Hateful 8?

How will he subvert our expectations this time bros

it was Snoke in the Kitchen with the Sacred Texts!

Wouldn't be surprised that everybody worked together, like one of those Poirot stories that he's obviously yoinking from

>an original whodunnit
I'm there, I don't even care the writing sounds flat, that's one of my favorite kinds of story, I'll eat 'em all up

Stop browsing Yea Forums, Rian! Your psychologist warned you against this!

Couldn't even watch the whole trailer. Terrible accents, stupid bright cinematography. I hop this flops and Rian's career ends up in the gutter where it belongs.

Jokes on you, I'm a looper manchild. Movie fuckin' sucked. Only respect I have for the man is Brick, but only 'cause it was filmed at my old high school.

His breaking bad episodes are top tier but he didn't write those. He's a decent to good director but he should never be able to touch script ever again

Craig is not a policeman

I like Craig as a detective character. Too bad Johnson is a hack and will probably fuck this up

He's probably the killer.

>Student film with insane budget, good actors and professional crew.

lol still a shitty student film

Daniel Craig is a lovechild of the old fella.

You're welcome.

the killer is obviously the investigator

Didn't Adam Sandler just do this movie?

>Mr Subverted Expectations writes a whodunnit
Ah yeah can't wait for the mystery to not be solved and the movie to end with no culprit.

Also why is the trailer so stylish and quirky when the film looks so lifeless? I'm assuming it's supposed to be a comedy but literally none of the jokes landed. Guess that's what I get expecting a comedy to be funny

Worse than TLJ, this just looks kinda boring. Not a trainwreck or anything like that.
Such a shame, it's a fantastic cast as well.

Attached: 1560190646954.jpg (553x640, 48K)

but this film looks like smug cynical trash too
can't wait to skip it

>"ENSEMBLE" cast

no thanks

its not who dunnit its who didnt do it

Ok so he's going to subvert our expectations by making the killer not use a knife as the murder weapon? Basically this is Clue for dummies?

SPOILERS

OLD GUY ISNT THE VICTIM, HE INVITED THEM TO THE PARTY SO HE CAN KILL THEM OFF FOR PETTY REASONS

SUBVERTED

Cap this

Attached: 9oJqbPh.jpg (570x412, 51K)

How the fuck does Rian expect to do a new Whodunnit? All possible endings have already been made
>the butler did it
>the priest did it
>the detective did it
>they all did it
>no one did it/it was an accident/suicide
>the guy who died last did it
>the guy you weren't expecting did it
>the guy was a girl (vice-versa) and he/she did it
>the little kid did it

All done before, unless he wants to do the "we don't find the murderer lmao" (already been done but not necessarily in whodunnits) I'm really excited for the possibility he does something actually new with the genre

>It looks interesting. Especially visually.

I really wonder about people when they say shit like this over boring looking movies. What do they watch that they think this shit with a bunch of people sitting around a table mugging at the camera looks "visually interesting."

Rian's a pretentious dumb cunt so he's prolly gonna remake 10 Little Niggers (based Agatha's fucking magun opus-masterpiece read it right fucking now) and claim it's new.

Everyone will start dying one by one and in the end it'll be revealed to be the unassuming guy/gal, he secretly hates the family after they all wronged him. He kills himself after completing his mission

Attached: And_Then_There_Were_None_First_Edition_Cover_1939[1].jpg (200x295, 14K)

>eat shit eat shit eat shit
Oh my god Rian Jhonson self insert as chad Chris Evans. The angry people represent SW fans. It's so petty it's hilarious!

Attached: bk8h6eh309w21.png (895x1793, 584K)

Looks kinda camp and bizarre. But not enough to comfortably fit the genre.

The house did it

Attached: 1519338145170.jpg (543x960, 72K)

What is making this shot look so shit? The set? The camera? It looks so bad

Attached: knives_out.jpg (1273x658, 489K)

Digital.

I could say that I'm not gonna watch this because fuck Rian Johnson but I am bound by life to watch every single Michael Shannon movie

Name five recent films you think were well-shot. Let's hear it.

>what is Monster House

Society did it.

I noticed the same thing. I think it might be the camera placement and/or lens used that makes the scene look like a dollhouse.

black cop seems out of place, immersion breaking among the white cast

lighting. everything is blooming like fuck, no idea who could think that looks acceptable

It's going to turn out that the dead guy got hyperspace rammed by Princess Leia.

It's the we make fun of the token black guy,see trailer

Overexposed. Which obviously is a choice but it looks pretty bad

The audience did it!

They forgot to edit the floor in. Looks like an over-crowded stage drama.

This ain't about other movies its about this one. I did not see shit here that was better than a well shot /TV show/, not one thing. You show me the parts of the trailer that tickled you so much.

If I didn't know who the director was:
>What a generic, boring attempt at making a murder mystery for the plebbit crowd. Strong vibes of Bad Times at the El Royale. And how the fuck do you get a cast this decent for such a shit project? What is wrong with Craig's accent? Probably be a 5/10
Knowing who the director is however:
>Jesus christ. I thought TLJ reeked of stupidity but now he's making a murder mystery where the whole point will be to showcase a "clever" story. Fantastic. Let's all get ready for ass-pulls and plotholes that make Nolan look like a good writer

Looks like the CGI floor from the prequels.

Is "whudunit" seriously an expression they don't shame away from using?

Just what the world was pining for - a low budget rip-off of Clue.

>daniel craig getting top billing over Captain America

Fucking based desu

Murder Mystery, yes, and it was pretty good.
But the pseud crowd need a "respected" lol filmmaker to make a capeshit murder mystery for them.
And that's not exaggeration, this is literally just applying the capeshit formula to murder mysteries.
>all dialogue is quips
>focus on an all star cast
>all the protagonists are quirky anti-heroes
>basically a comedy pretending to be another genre

where's that faggot that was crying how this flick will be the greatest flick of all time lmao

>but literally none of the jokes landed
This! What the actual fuck? And they normally use the best jokes for the trailer to lure you in so how bad must the rest of the film be?...

interesting cast to say the least

The Star Wars films usually hire journeyman or indie directors so they can be wrangled easily

Attached: Kinzie Kenner adult sex worker tanned.gif (310x255, 974K)

They're using an ultra-wide lens (the equivalent of like 18mm on s35), with all the subjects in the centre of the frame close together and with the camera relatively close as well, along with flat lighting but overexposed windows in the background.
It's literally something I'd expect from a college student

The Revenant
Beasts of No Nation
Under the Skin
The Neon Demon
Arrival

>inb4 meme response

Attached: kurosawa22.png (669x553, 494K)

what a terrible name and promo pic

I see Rian hasn't lost his touch for cringy jokes that don't land

Hey man a film can look interesting without having oscar winning photography. Sometimes is the palette color and set design. To me it looks kinda fresh this movie.

>inb4 this was a meme response because i'm not being fucking pedantic to say why something looks nice.

Willing to bet it's either gonna be Daniel Craig, the entire house, or someone outside of the house that was pulled out of Rian's ass although he usually likes the opposite

Knot who you're replying to, but:
>The House That Jack Built
>Cold Pursuit
>John Wick 3
>Upgrade
>Mission Impossible: Fallout

The movie looks like utter shit. All those snarky comments from the characters. It looks like some stupid Hercule Poirot movie from the 70s set in our day. It can't even work. Only a moron like Rian would think that was a good idea. Murder mystery movies are museum piece. It's going to be a huge bomb.

Attached: latest_version.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

The Kylo Ren parts of The Last Jedi were unironic kino, though a lot of that can be attributed to Adam Driver's insane acting skills. Too bad the rest of the movie is shit, but he's shown he can make some good stuff if the stars align.

>he's shown

Talking about Rian btw, Adam Driver always does a good job in everything he does.

Is that pic supposed to prove something? Trailer looks fine and Rian it's just GREAT at directing. You guys are still so fucking butthurt from TLJ that you have forgotten what the fuck you hated about it (the script).

>tlj fight coreography.webm

It's going to be terrible. Rian is such a hack. I can't believe he just crammed all those celebrities, none of whom are particularly well paired together, into one visually sterile film such as this.

?
All the film is well directed and I'm not saying it for a particular scene. If you can't see this then you never cared to pay the most minimum attention.

It was all a role-playing game a la D&D being carried out by sweaty nerds

>What is this, CSI: KFC?

CRINGE

Attached: MCUnoir.jpg (1331x720, 120K)

>All the film is well directed

Attached: tlj is literally spaceballs.jpg (1188x4933, 835K)

I remember watching Brick on Netflix 6 years ago and turning it off 3 minutes before it ended because the reveal was fucking stupid. Anyone that likes Brick is a faggot. Anyone that like Rian at all, is a faggot.

How many dicks do you guys think Ana de Armas has sucked to still keep getting casted in movies

>some stupid Hercule Poirot movie from the 70s set in our day.
I honestly cannot stress this enough: there is literally no way in Hell it could possibly be worse than the LAST time they did a Hercule Poirot film.

Attached: 085F8445-F6B0-43B1-A3EE-D2A909CA5633.jpg (409x606, 28K)

Rian thought he was so clever for adding these Onions nods. "Haha IT'S GENIUS! LOL" No, any faggot can do that. It's doing it well that's hard.

All Rian Johnson movies absolutely suck Brick, Brother Bloom, Looper, TLJ. I give you that Looper was still "watchable" once but there's so much wrong in it you have to be wondering how this fucker became dircetor?

I'd unironically watch if that was the twist.

The twist is they're playing Clue. But the father dies at the end of the game..suspiciously..while they were all playing the game. WHOOOOAAAAAAAA ROCK MUSIC ENDING CREDITS ROLLLLLL OUT HAHA WOO! RIAN JOHNSON! WEE! TEEHEE LOOK AT MEEE!

Tell me. Do you think The Force Awakens is better directed than TLJ? Scenes in tlj are just so much more thought out. There's no way around it even if you hate it.

A DILEMMA

LIKE CRAIG
'ATE RIAN

SIMPLE AS?

They're both awful, maybe Rian is a bit better at directing, howver his writing is absolutely trash. The dialogue in both movies were such an embarrassment. Looks like it's written by a teenager

>Ana de armas completely desexualized
Rian is a dickless beta boy. There will be no sex, not even the slightest allusion. Look how instead everything seems to be focused on the old ladies. This loser must be gerontophilic.

Attached: 0_KNIVESOUT12.png (615x392, 614K)

Looks like fucking garbage!!!FACT!!!

HOW DARE YOU!

IT WAS #HOLDOS TURN

Just like in TLJ, virtue signaling to OLD WEMEN., like oh men like old women too...Imagine being suck a bitch boy

holy shit, this looks like a fucking joke

>holy shit, this looks like a fucking joke

It feels like the work of a hack who has decided to "tone down" his next project after going large scale with the previous one. Tarantino did it with Hateful 8 and that was shit. This looks like the same but with someone who hasn't made a single decent movie and is really desperate to craft a "character drama thriller" to gain some respect which the babyfaced manchild never will when not playing in his bouncy castle and getting railed at both ends by his hipster wife and her strap-on at one end and her black bull fucking his faggot mouth!!!FACT!!!

That's actually an interesting choice. As much as I want to drench her in my semen, I think her playing the role of an innocent non-sexual character is a neat choice, one that she'll more than likely subvert later on in the film.

the only thing rian jonson should do after the last jedi is taking a long, long break out of... everything.

he did not just deliver a terrible movie but he acted like a faggot little bitch after, wich is the worst part - duncan jones talking about warcraft is a good example of how to be a pro.

perfect definition. the end of looper and his vision for star wars shows how much of a complete and absolute retard this guy is.

Attached: 1522761349593.gif (330x166, 2.24M)

Except that he made this because he is scared of bing called out by feminsist for objectifying women. When he signed with Disney, he gave up his balls to KK and thy are in her purse and there's no going back

I'll watch it because I love whodunnits.
I even enjoyed Murder Mystery a lot.
But yea, all the dialogue fell flat for me.

>When he signed with Disney, he gave up his balls to KK and thy are in her purse and there's no going back

Implying he ever had balls to begin with!!!FACT!!!

ana de armas looks so hot in this

I mean his previous films were't beta. It looks like he wanted to be David Lynch without the brains. But after Disney he's a litlle bitch like JJ.

LMAO THIS FUCKING PICTURE

I SAW THAT MEME GUY AROUND THE INTERNET BEFORE I READ ABOUT HER MURDER

Wtf is Craig doing with his voice? He sounds drunk.

Maybe not completely over but he won’t be given big budget movies any longer, and people will start to slowly admit TLJ wasn’t that good.

This one being an original movie won’t have the more successful franchise to hold itself up, it’ll have to prove itself on its own.

If it completely flops that will be it, if it just barely scrapes by he might get a second chance with a limited budget lower tier project from like Lionsgate or something. Otherwise that’s it for him.

Same Devin. Also their mutual best friend is Noah Segan. He acts in every one of Rian's movies.
He's never been outted as a #MeToo because he isn't famous. Women will line up to tell their stories about him at some point.

It’s because his shitty movies got him hired on to a No Name show no one was paying attention to. This show happened to be Breaking Bad.

After that blew up, he got the opportunity to direct a couple of episodes under the scrutinizing eye of the show runner which the scripts were prepared for him for by someone else. These happened to become fan favorite episodes (The Fly and Ozymandias) which lead to him having a lot of clout after the show ended and he got cut loose.

Then, through Hollywood back room Agent dicksuckery, he ended up getting attached to TLJ and finally got “his time to shine.”

You know the rest.

My biggest question is: If Kathleen Kennedy is such a hyper feminist why didn’t she at least hire a woman to direct one of the movies. Maybe then we could’ve at least gotten something semi-passable instead of the shit we got.

A completely new character that wasn’t in the movie at all until the reveal did it

BUT WAIT

He was just being coerced by yet another new character we haven’t met yet and they realize this and catch him at the last second

He does that thing that I guess is his trademark because I’ve only ever really seen it in The Brother’s Bloom before, where he makes everything look plastic and just barely set into place

It has the feel of a shitty 00’s B movie, like Push or Jumper

Looks good. Based Ryan stylin' on Yea Forums incels. Looks like good cinematography plus whodunit is his jam.

im surprised he wasn't put in director jail after Last Jedi but then again studio heads just look at the numbers and it did well enough.

nice cast
looks like an NBC mystery movie

DUDE THAT ADAM SANDLER WHODUNNIT VACATION MOVIE ON NETFLIX BUT WITH A MORE FAMOUS CAST

NOW THIS.IS.EPIC.

>dude was close friends with Devin Faraci. Disney PR did a grade A job covering that narrative during Last Jedi.

>that Devin, the guy that got #metoo'd and fired from LAFCA?

>Same Devin. Also their mutual best friend is Noah Segan. He acts in every one of Rian's movies. He's never been outted as a #MeToo because he isn't famous. Women will line up to tell their stories about him at some point.

Reminder that Devin Faraci was formerly associeted with Chud.com, now Trouble City, where one of its members (Fabfunk aka Gabriel Toro) was convicted on child pornography charges and his good buddy Devin "Fingers" Faraci was later accused of sexually assaulting a woman while he and Alan "Nordling" Cerny both worked at Ain't It Cool News whose owner, Harry Knowles, was also accused of sexual assault. Chud/Trouble city, including Faraci/Toro/Cerny and its owner/creator Nick Nunziata, were also once big supporters of Victor Salva, Director of Powder and Jeepers Creepers, who was convicted of sexually assaulting a young boy!!!FACT!!!

Attached: THE COMPANY YOU KEEP!.jpg (2948x514, 176K)

>My biggest question is: If Kathleen Kennedy is such a hyper feminist why didn’t she at least hire a woman to direct one of the movies.

Because she's a power tripping cunt and wanted to tell a "man" what to do!!!FACT!!!

Rian has such a fucking hard-on for snarky dialogue and he's not even good at writing it. It's all some shit that a twelve year old would think is super badass.

LMAO THIS IS A HILARIOUS TAKE

USUALLY ITS THAT WOMEN ARE INCOMPETENT AND/OR FORCE THEIR RETARDED FEMOID WORLDVIEW ONTO THE PIECE ALIENATING THE MAINSTREAM AUDIENCE
EITHER OUT OF A SENSE OF SJW OBLIGATION OR BECAUSE THEY ARE GENUINE RETARDS WHO BELIEVE THAT JUNK

KATHLEEN HIRING ALL MALE DIRECTORS AFTER HER BIG FEMINIST BLUSTER IS BACKHANDED PATRIARCHY

reddit is having an argument over whether the dialogue is actually funny or not supposed to be
>it's bad on purpose!

Attached: paul.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

Attached: 39A46560-A6CE-4312-B2EE-0F70B56E53E9.jpg (750x375, 31K)

>LMAO THIS IS A HILARIOUS TAKE

I'd put money on it being true. She could have easily hired any woman to Direct Star Wars flicks. But remember that women are venal and narcissistic and KK wouldn't want to share the limelight with another woman who was Directing. Same reason why she refuses to allow attractive women to play the lead roles because they're a threat to the old hag. No, she deliberately wanted to hire male Directors because she wanted to show that she could tell them what to do. She's a power tripping cunt and I've known several women like her!!!FACT!!!

Looks like 2019 Clue staring Daniel Craig and Chris Evans.

Looks neat.

ISNT RIAN A GIRLS NAME LMAO

HOW LOW TEST IS THIS FAGGOT

WHATS FUNNY IS HOW HE GETS ALL YAPPY ON TWITTER ACTING TOUGH VS ENTIRELY VALID CRITICISM
WHEN HES A TOTAL YESBOI LIVING ON HIS KNEES IN EVERY OTHER REGARD ESPECIALLY PROFESSIONALLY WHERE IT COMES OUT IN THE WORK

Attached: soyboy cuckmaster.jpg (320x424, 29K)

Is that the Yea Forums guy

Brick is pretty underrated

TLJ was fine with a few poorly executed scenes

Looper i rank as one of the better time travel story lines and I have a VERY short list on that

>Chrono Trigger
>Back to the Future Parts 1 and 2
>Steins Gate
>Looper

Brother Bloom did look like it sucked ass though

TRUE ENOUGH, CATFIGHTS ARE VERY COMMON AMONG CUNTS
>I-IF WOMEN RULED THE WORLD THERE WOULD BE NO CONFLICT
LMAO FEMINISM

SO THE SOLO SHITSHOW WAS BECAUSE SHE FIRED LORD AND MILLER FOR HAVING THEIR OWN IDEAS, SURELY THEY GOT EXIT CASH IN THE CONTRACT

IT STILL BETRAYS HER ENTIRE FEMINIST AGENDA NOT TO PROMOTE FEMALE DIRECTORS, NOT A SINGLE ONE KATHY?
EASY LAYUP HYPOCRISY SLAM, STRAIGHT TO SUICIDE WATCH :^)

This is a hilariously bad take.

1. This looks like it has more of a 50-60 million budget because it looks closer to Looper

2. All of his movies have been profitable except for Brother Bloom. And I've heard that movie sucked.

3. Do you really think that people like Daniel Craig and Chris Evans would be in this movie if he was somehow box office poison?

You Star Wars fanatics really need to stop pretending your franchise wasn't ruined back in 1999 with the Phantom Menace. TLJ was just fine, it just had a handful of poorly executed scenes.

This. If he was only directing, I might be willing to give it a shot, but he's proven he can't write himself out of a paper bag, and the trailer shows he hasn't improved.

What are you talking about? If anything, his work is more like this

Really, I knew who Rian Johnson was because of Looper and thought it was one of the better time travel storylines.

>Do you really think that people like Daniel Craig and Chris Evans would be in this movie if he was somehow box office poison?

Attached: actors means its not shit.jpg (3870x2900, 1.67M)

He's right about the Emperor thing though. The Emperor had no real explanation and was just there as a plot device for Vader to kill and redeem himself.

Snoke was a plot device too. It could just be that killing him was part of their set up to prove that Snoke is Darth Plaugius by resurrecting him and when Ben/Rey ask how he's back, Snoke will just say "HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE TRAGEDY OF DARTH PLAUGIUS THE WISE!?!?"

Thrawn Trilogy had this too with Clone Luke aka Luuke Skywalker who just existed to be killed by Mara Jade to get rid of the Emperor's Hail Mary.

>the biggest cast ever assembled

Might be the reason why is sucked ass. They put all of their effort into trying to promote it as the movie with the biggest cast that they forgot to make a movie.

TLJ did try to have silly moments key word try and failed horribly.

What if people actually.like the.movie

Not that guy but Comedy is a minor point. Anybody saying a movie is ruined by comedy doesn't understand how little it affects things.

Even a comedy movie like Hot Fuzz to Thor Ragnorok can rip out the comedic bits and still have good stories.

I'm not a man child so I don't care about star shit and whatever he did with it. Brick was neat, Blooms had its charm and brba episodes were top tier. I love a good stylish whodunit, so I'll probably watch it but trailer looks flat and try hard even by his standards. He definitely is reddit.

Attached: D8B32EC6-33CB-4432-B0EA-2CD06B8F3928.jpg (514x1059, 164K)

>he faked his death to frame the family

I'm sure the twist is that being rich doesn't in and of itself make them bad people. I'm sure they all love and care for one another as families should, without any schizo forced machinations behind their actions. I'm sure the black / white detective mix will be based on mutual respect, and not on the single implication that there is unspoken racial tension between them in the form of "micro-aggressions".

I bet all the weird art and visual imagery will subtly help inform the deeper themes of the story, instead of an entry level director's idea of striking imagery to fill an otherwise boring set with a distracting eyesore.

I bet the specific celebrity casting is used because all the actors perfectly suit their roles, and they're not merely filling contract obligations.

I bet the film will build upon its themes instead of devolving into another screaming, scheming, schlocky 90's-style "dark comedy" piece.

I bet Chris Evans will be great in this movie, and not doing his usual shtick of smiling wryly whilst delivering his lines the whole time.

Best film of the year possibly, deserving to be made in the current year, with something heartfelt and timeless to say about the human condition.

I love it when Daniel does a funny accent

>I bet Chris Evans will be great in this movie, and not doing his usual shtick of smiling wryly whilst delivering his lines the whole time.

Sounds to me like you just don't like whodunit mystery films dude.

THAT SODERBERGH HEIST FLICK HE DID AS AN AMERICAN REDNECK WAS PRETTY GOOD

No, thats the Netflix marketing intern

looks bad
>craigs accent
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I bet captain America was balls deep in joi

they would have shit taste.

>*insert director* can't make any more movies and will never be able to make another good movie because *insert franchise* here.

This is why Star Wars fanatics are the dumbest shits in movie theaters. Confirming fan theories doesn't make good writing. I watched said movie and it was fine with a handful of poorly executed scenes.

Looks like a set for a hotel room interview with a celebrity. His set doesn't look like a room, it looks like a set

But how do you know it will be bad. People liked looper