RAW ENERGON

RAW ENERGON
RIGHT THROUGH YOUR TWISTED SPARK
TAKE IT!
TAKE IT STRAIGHT TO THE PIT YOU SICKENING PIECE OF SLAAAAGG

Attached: Depthcharge.jpg (748x565, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J2o9I-9JwRA
youtu.be/tXH9wVLHV5M
youtube.com/watch?v=1FKpU0pnne8
youtu.be/N-w1EzJUDkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hDFns0LA7O0
webmshare.com/play/5d9An
youtu.be/E2t4MBhGAg8
youtu.be/hVY9nl_PqKw
youtube.com/watch?v=A9t7G_lHeiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>A FUCKING CASSETTE

Attached: bw.gif (350x263, 1.99M)

Remaster/remake when

beast wars was the most kino transformers content ever

kek

lol i forgot about this

Attached: biggestgrin.jpg (600x539, 35K)

>fortunate son starts playing

Why can't they update the animation like they do to videogames?

Maybe they will at some point. Beast Wars was pretty popular.

>I've no time for you, X.
>Like you had no time for Starbase Rugby? You had friends there as I recall. Tasty ones too!

Pretty much. I'd say Animated was second. Although it's not really impressive when literally everything else is trash.

I highly doubt they still have the raw, pre-rendered files that would be required for this. Re-animating the entire series would be a fuckton of work and the fanbase just isn't there. I watched the whole series for the first time a few years ago with my friends. It was dated-looking, but charmingly so. After a while, you get used to it and appreciate it as a relic of its time.

>laughs
>let's Depthcharge kill him
>spends the last moments of his life imagining Dinobot writhing in pain as part of his spark is torn up

Kino

Check these out

youtu.be/J2o9I-9JwRA
youtu.be/tXH9wVLHV5M

What song does he play???

Attached: 1F892291-26B6-492A-9DED-A9B1776E7DE0.gif (329x329, 628K)

Lol what the fuck

This was the moment Beast Wars was cemented as eternal kino.

This shit looked next level when I was a kid. Idk what I was thinking.
youtube.com/watch?v=1FKpU0pnne8

As a kid I cried the first time dinobot died

>WELL THAT'S JUST PRIME
youtu.be/N-w1EzJUDkQ

KINO ALERT

It was next level, these were 3d animation's first steps.

beast wars had so many great moments

lol i dont think it was ever actually explain why the fuck he transformed into a cassette in the first place

I haven't seen the original series but I'm pretty sure Ravage was basically Soundwave's pet (like in Revenge of the Fallen) and turned into a cassette that fit inside Soundwave's chest which allowed him to use sound attacks or something like that.

Fuck
I haven't seen this in years. I'm feeling all nostalgic now

Attached: 7A5F08B4-3C1D-4B8D-88FE-C7EE7225A288.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Terrorsaur > Starscream

Attached: mFmqLOj.gif (300x231, 439K)

Waspinator was our bot

What's new pussycat?

Attached: 300px-The_Spark_Rhinox_spark.jpg (300x225, 14K)

>Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence

Have you seen the new Reboot show? I guess you havent, otherwise you wouldnt want nu-mainframe to touch Beast Wars.

MEGATRON HAS ORDERED THIS THREAD DEMOLISHED

Attached: scorponok1n.jpg (300x225, 41K)

This is the episode where the show ascended to cartoon kino. The airazor reveal and fight against terrorsaur was insanely good

Attached: Airazor_Maximize.gif (350x197, 1.38M)

he was interfacing with the predacon ship somehow I think, maybe he was changing the defense systems to attack the preds as well, I'm not sure.

Lol so many good memories

>he was interfacing with the predacon ship somehow I think,

Yeah it wasn't explained, a few scenes later he's back in his rampage form. Still a great moment though

I think the first time I rewatched BW was after Scorponok showed up in the transformers movie

That's because it WAS next level. For that time anyways.

Compare Beast Wars and ReBoot to the CGI in Babylon 5 and other shows from that era and you'll see that they were actually ahead of their time in terms of rendering fidelity.

That's one of my favorite moments from the Bayformers series, not just because of the Beast Wars connection. It's a cool action sequence and the score is incredible.

youtube.com/watch?v=hDFns0LA7O0

webmshare.com/play/5d9An

yeah desu I like the first two films. the others can fuck off though lol
actually i might watch bumblebee, i haven't heard anything about it

well
thats
just
PRIME

kek whenever megatron said
>yeesssss
you knew some shit was about to go down

It's just a little throwback for the G1 fans at the time, like so many other scenes in that season.

It's Transformers. Don't overthink it lest you become a writer for IDW.

You're not really missing much.

Attached: Ravage.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

I am not a fan of 2-4 but 5 was so insane that I found it kind of enjoyable

And yeah I've been putting off watching Bumblebee for a while now but I'm cautiously optimistic. If it's terrible then at least John Cena will be there to comfort me.

A Beast Wars thread AHH YEEEEEES

TRIPREDACUS COUNCIL NOW IN SESSION

Attached: Tripredacus-Council.jpg (350x266, 22K)

woah wtf is this webm from ?

Bumblebee movie.

>yeeessss

cracks me up every time

looks pretty cool, they are on cybertron ? i thought it all took place on earth
(no serious spoilers pls)

youtu.be/E2t4MBhGAg8

Cybertron is just the first 5 or so minutes of the movie.

There are some flashback scenes set on Cybertron.

Attached: Optimus battle.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

Attached: Autobots.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

>Rodan2019.gif

This scene is still fucking horrifying. Also very frustrating that these characters are basically forgotten about until the very end of the show and return in an extremely unsatisfying way.

Attached: 300px-Other_Visits_1_Airazor_Tigatron.jpg (300x227, 21K)

When are they getting to the BW era?

they loved each other

Attached: tfw.jpg (600x400, 118K)

why can't we just have this be the movie?

And right after this incredibly disturbing sequence we get pic related

not sure what the future holds for transformers since bumblebee didnt do that well. if the lion king ends up being a huge success this year then maybe we will get a BW movie somewhere down the line

Attached: rockemsockemrobots.gif (500x375, 608K)

>almost four minutes long

my sides

kek this is killing me

Primal got to be in Power of the Primes. He became Optimal Optimus and leader of Cybertron. I imagine they'll probably never do a proper Beast Wars era again and just intergrate Preds and Maximals into the regular stuff.

Attached: POTP-Ep9-Megatronus-Unleashed-Primal-becomes-Optimal-Optimus.jpg (793x446, 91K)

checked and same

lol who remembers transmutate the spazz

holy shit that thing was creepy

I remember making fun of him when I saw it as a kid but rewatching after growing up it's definitely one of the best episodes of the series.

yeah, if I remember correctly it was the only time Rampage acted friendly too. good episode

Yeah, this one and The Bad Spark (Rampage's origin episode) were the only ones where you actually feel pity for him and see him as something other than a mindless killing machine. They never really try to humanize Rampage ever again after Transmutate which is unfortunate. He is still really cool as Depth Charge's archnemesis though.

it really was kino

Attached: 1336677189294.png (550x850, 69K)

Attached: bigboi.jpg (1111x597, 148K)

someones not watching cyberverse

Attached: cheetor.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

wuts this

It doesn't even sound like a real word anymore towards the end.

It's from the season 2 promo of Cyberverse(New TF cartoon)

Seems like they're going the IDW route of having the maximals/predacons be from a diverging race from different planets instead of decedents of autobots/decepticons.

flame me if I got anything wrong, kinda stopped watching midway through season 1, but it's on par with g1 or energon. Not as good as Prime or Animated

Normies

youtu.be/hVY9nl_PqKw
Kino

*ruins your robot show*

Attached: 300px-Go_with_the_Flow_Una_chip.jpg (300x225, 19K)

>MAXIMALS! Run away from the enemy on generic futuristic cybertron street #623 to annoying techno music!

Attached: beast machines.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Nah, early humans were based

Attached: halo 3 early humans.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Just prior to this scene is when Rattrap makes his infamous "Find any new positions?" joke to Silverbolt, which is an insane bit of dialogue to include in a kid's TV series. I feel like lesser shows would have made Rattrap excruciatingly annoying and dumb but he's consistently funny throughout this show and also kind of a badass. It's a testament to the strength of BW's writing and VA work.

Yeah this is the main reason why Season 3 isn't as good. Way too much Una/Jak.

God I'm so glad I never watched Beast Machines.

Attached: c5d.gif (500x368, 531K)

Beast Machines was so fucking weird it's almost worth watching just to get confused by how someone actually approved it.

Tankor was pretty based though, I had the toy of him and some vehicon grunts.

War For/Fall Of Cybertron and Victory say hello.

>a testament to BW's ... VA work.

Aside from just plain good voice direction, part of BW's strength is the fact that everyone on the show was super into it and had a really good time recording it. No one phoned their lines it they gave it their all. There's tons of quotes and anecdotes about the voice production for the show about this. Garry Chalk (Primal) in particular is super obsessed with BW/BM and his character. The guy's always ready to talk about it and he's known to go apeshit when people criticize BM.

And then you find out what they did to the show in the Jap dub and it makes you want to kill yourself reading about it.

>there will never be a cartoon this kino again
youtube.com/watch?v=A9t7G_lHeiY
>"Find any new positions?"
This line flew way over my 10year old head

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Good 3DCG animation is still relatively expensive and a remake/reboot of beast wars made today on a typical kid's cartoon budget would at best not look remarkably better. Like side-by-side, Beast Wars and, I don't know, Miraculous Ladybug, the improvements aren't really that impressive.

>This line flew way over my 10year old head
Same and I remember being baffled as to why Silverbolt freaked out on him after he says it. Then you watch it as an adult and you can't believe they didn't change it something dumber/more age appropriate. It's hilarious.

>HEY FUCKBOY, FIND ANY NEW POSITIONS? *rattrap makes a hole with one hand and starts poking through it with a single finger*

i was thinking earlier on in the thread, was BW meant for young teens but ended up being seen by pre-teens ? all the slightly more mature themes are there

kek i forgot about una

Possibly, in a way. You gotta remember though that BW came out during the era where cartoons were considered exclusively for kids and that everyone outside just assumed the writing was kosher. The writers were doing adult jokes and the suits were approving it without actually paying attention.

>tfw blew 300$ on that figure
>it sucks, breaks and has a voicebox with the shitty jap dub and not a single YES

It was definitely geared towards anyone who was at least like 3 years old. It was initially broadcast on Fox Kids but I also remember it being shown on Toonami so I guess they tried to make it appeal to older kids somewhat. I was in Kindergarten/1st Grade when I first saw it but it was by far my favorite TV show. Me and pretty much all the boys I went to school with had a shit ton of the action figures. I have no idea whether it was popular among teenagers though.

>And then you find out what they did to the show in the Jap dub and it makes you want to kill yourself reading about it.

What happened?

>The writers were doing adult jokes and the suits were approving it without actually paying attention.

it's not just the jokes though, it's the honour and love themes, and of course the crazy story about the golden disk. like what fucking kid is going to understand what the golden disk was lol

Whoever was in charge of the dub had some kind of beef with whittu piggu cartoons so they basically just took the piss out of the show and rewrote all the dialogue to be WACKY. The stand out changes is Megatron being rewritten into being a total incompetent, Airazor being changed into a shota for whatever fucking reason and Tigatron being rewritten as a flamboyant gay to accommodate the two's relationship. I forget the details but they also changed the ending of S1. There's some other stupid shit too.

Despite that beast Wars ended up being jsut as popular in Japan as it was in the west, However. But for some reason they couldn't get S2/3 dubbed for a long time, so rather than wait they instead made their own traditional 2D animated sequel based off the end of S1, called Beast Wars Neo, which was allowed to be good because it was proud and japanese. Beast Wars Neo is also really infamous for being full of racist mexican stereotype transformers. One of hasbro's hispanic higher ups has explicitly stated that BW:Neo never has and never will get an english dub because of it.

I think the writers just understood that kids were going to keep watching as long as there were still robots transforming and shooting each other. Once they got comfortable with the characters/setting they started getting more and more clever with the storytelling. This is why the show doesn't really start hitting its stride until about halfway through season 1 when they start introducing the alien/golden disk stuff. I don't really remember any of these more complex story components registering for me at all as a 3-4 year old, I just remember watching for the simple reason of seeing cool robot action sequences. And also Waspinator.

You wanna talk bad jap dubs take a look at what they did to The Boondocks

>that trumpet sound whenever silverbolt did something honourable

Actually the japs made 2 BW anime, BWII and BWN, it was II with the mexican stereotypes.

Attached: Jointron_brothers.jpg (1270x950, 836K)

He died too soon.

I feel like I'm losing my mind.

I had so many of the toys, I can't even remember them all.

That's a real effect. Over-thinking about a word causes it to lose meaning and feel abstract. It's weird.

Rampage was a madlad

>He died too soon.

Initially it was supposed to be Waspinator and Scorponok being killed off but they changed it to Terrorsaur last minute due to Waspinator being more of a fan favorite. Despite there being two practically back-to-back episodes of Terrorsaur usurping Megatron, I feel like the only time they ever really did that sort of plotline justice was the episode where Starscream's ghost possesses Waspinator and then usurps Megatron. I definitely wish we could have seen the same show except transmetal Terrorsaur replaces Waspinator and becomes the new main Predacon punching bag. Maybe even do a two-parter where he actually defeats Megatron without the use of performance-enhancing drugs or Maximal spies. Would have been a better Season 3 plotline than the Jak/Una stuff that's for sure.

Attached: beasties04-8.gif (300x231, 454K)