Who will play him in the inevitable biopic?

Who will play him in the inevitable biopic?

Attached: improved.png (1640x2160, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt:_Unabomber
chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2008-05-18-0805170505-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Paul Bettany, it turns out.

Attached: manhunt-unabomber.jpg (4240x2832, 2.45M)

Too dangerous for Hollywood to touch

impossible. too potentially based for semitic film makers to try to distort.

You guys aren't really this stupid, right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt:_Unabomber

I still maintain it should have been pic related.

Attached: stan mad men.jpg (700x450, 56K)

Idiot.

I never watched the show, was it accurate? It seems impossible that it could be since the FBI was having a hard time tracking him and he was only arrested because he got his manifesto published and his brother turned him in.

What do you think of this guy ???

Attached: 92678F31-A7A3-4CF5-BEFF-37FCCA438A4C.jpg (3473x3473, 949K)

Brilliant desu

Hasn't there already been a biopic

On Ted's continued struggles with loneliness and his recurring desire for romantic love

>"in interviews [he] would frequently tear up when remembering fleeting relationships he had with individuals. In that regard, it was noted that he tends to form very rapid intense emotional attachments to individuals, primarily women [...] Historically, he has developed love relationships that were never reciprocated with individuals and maintained them for extended periods of time […] It was not until 1994 at the age of 50, that he further explored this issue and asked another woman, whom he did not know well, whether he was physically attractive. He indicated she responded he was "run of the mill" and at that point in time he no longer wondered why he had never developed a successful relationship [...]. As described, he had grappled with that issue for more than 30 years because he had been told he was physically attractive at the age of 15 and he held onto that belief; so he could never understand why women were not attracted. Having now been told by another female [...] that he was simply average in looks, it immediately provided him with an explanation for why he had never established a relationship with a woman.”

He was actually a pretty attractive guy, but if you read about him, especially from the pov of other people, it becomes clear he had weapons grade autism. He was lucky he was born before the internet or he would have been some Chris-chan tier lolcow.

Attached: ted kaczynski young.jpg (306x423, 42K)

Also should have added that this goes against lookism theories that it's all about appearance.

On Ted’s isolation throughout his years in college

>"His adolescence and college years were marked by an almost total absence of interpersonal relationships. Early psychological testing showed an extreme elevation on the introversion scale and associated depressive feelings that would be consistent with his alienation at that point in time. […] Mr. Kaczynski recounts, in painful detail, his absence of any real or personal relationships with women, in addition to his absence of any consistent ongoing relationships with men"

On Ted’s hatred and desire to incite rebellion

>"Mr. Kaczynski claimed in his writing, that during his college years he had fantasies of living a primitive life and fantasized himself as "an agitator, rousing mobs to frenzies of revolutionary violence." He claims that during that time he started to think about breaking away from normal society. He describes that beginning in college he began to worry about his health in particular ways, always having a fear that a symptom could result in something serious. He also claims that during high school and college he would often become terribly angry because he could not express that anger or hatred openly."

On Ted's underwhelming post-graduate experience in Michigan

>"He found the teaching experience difficult and the quality of the program not to his liking. [...] he also describes having virtually no social life there [...] He began to experience difficulty with the noise from the other rooms, particularly the sounds resulting from sexual activity of other renters. He reported the noises he heard in the house to the University System, with the hope that action would be taken against Mr. (REDACTED)."

Idris Elbowski

>I am 50 years old, and I am a virgin.

Attached: 79487F74-607E-48E9-8F22-2AEDE31A4665.jpg (679x382, 45K)

More proof that virgin males should be killed at 20 to prevent any damage that could possibly do.

Surprised he isn't more popular with the incel crowd considering he's such a massive incel himself. Too bad his wizard powers didn't work against the feds.

i always knew he was /ourguy/

Now post about him wanting to get a sex change operation.

you can't be serious

On Ted's brief desire to change genders

>"In the summer after his fourth year, he describes experiencing a period of several weeks where he was sexually excited nearly all the time and was fantasizing himself as a woman and being unable to obtain any sexual relief. He decided to make an effort to have a sex change operation. When he returned to the University of Michigan he made an appointment to see a psychiatrist to be examined to determine if the sex change would be good for him. [...] As he was sitting in the waiting room, he turned completely against the idea of the operation and thus, when he saw the doctor, instead claimed he was depressed about the possibility of being drafted. He describes the following, "As I walked away from the building afterwards, I felt disgusted about what my uncontrolled sexual cravings had almost led me to do and I felt humiliated, and I violently hated the psychiatrist."

goddamn he's like caricature of a Yea Forums poster

see

On further details regarding his attempt at dating his female co-worker

>"His supervisor was Ellen Tarmichael, a soft-spoken but no-nonsense woman [...] Ted Kaczynski became interested in late July 1978. He was 36, and she was 29. [...] They had two dates, Ms. Tarmichael recalled. She said he seemed intelligent and quiet, and she accepted a dinner invitation in late July. It was a French restaurant, David said, and Ted "ordered wine and he smelled it, he made a big deal of it." David added, "He had a good time." [...] Two weeks later, they went apple-picking and afterward went to his parents' home and baked a pie. That was when she told him she did not want to see him again. "I felt we didn't have much in common besides our employment," she said. "Ted did a total shutdown," retreating into his room [...] He also wrote an insulting limerick about Ms. Tarmichael, made copies and posted them in lavatories and on walls around the factory. He did not sign the limerick, but his relationship with the woman was known."

He also hid in her car with the intention of mutilating her but then decided against it.

So basically

Source on that? I know he intended to attack her, but then wrote a letter admitting it and apologizing, but I don't recall him hiding in her car.

>He also wrote an insulting limerick about Ms. Tarmichael, made copies and posted them in lavatories and on walls around the factory. He did not sign the limerick, but his relationship with the woman was known.
holy hell

Attached: 1539093280235.gif (176x216, 492K)

His narc brother also got him fired in this case. Looking for the source on his attack plans (though it should be noted if you read his journals he had planned on physically attacking people before he started bombing, he just never worked up the courage).

Link to his journals?

Are you aware whether the journals he wrote in Spanish have been translated and made public?

>It was a note Ted intended to send to the woman, explaining himself. It was an apology of sorts, but it also contained the disturbing claim that Ted was so enraged that he had waited in the woman's car with a knife, planning to mutilate her. In the end, Ted wrote, he couldn't do it.
chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2008-05-18-0805170505-story.html

Pic related, one of the limericks, Ted trying to deny that he liked the thicc.

Attached: limerick.jpg (640x336, 41K)

They amalgamated teams of people into one guy who worked on the case for like six weeks

The guy who plays ted is great though

His full journals were never released as far as I'm aware. I've only read released excerpts online and in books (strangely enough, there's a forum for the zodiac killer that has tons of good Kaczynski stuff). Some excerpts were translated and released from the Spanish sections, but I rarely ever see it noted that it was from the Spanish section. I think when it comes to more sensitive (personal or crime related) type entries it was likely either in Spanish, German or the code he invented.

Nice one, thank you. I'd love to learn more about his time working apparently as a minimum wage drifter in Utah etc.

Yeah the Zodiac forums are great. I'd love to read his autobiography too (Truth VS Lies) but I think it's held by the college library in Michigan, where you have to go through a process of applying to see it etc.

I'll have to give it a watch. I just find it strange that they'd make a show about the FBI floundering until his brother turned him in, but still, it's an interesting topic.

Attached: ted in montana.jpg (500x392, 98K)

Why would you watch a documentary about a historical figure, much less a dramatic adaptation? I really don't understand why people do this. Does the desire to be cheaply entertained seem important to you than actually learning the facts? Really baffles me how people can watch a Netflix series about someone and then form an opinion about them etc.

Yeah I want to read it too. The University of Michigan also has a lot of his letters and other rare writings. Someone bought all his journals when the FBI put it on sale, I have to hope this person donated it all to UM or will make it all public at some point (though I guess you'd need to have someone go through and translate all the various parts).

Do they still track people who google Ted related topics?

Attached: 1558987455884.jpg (1024x537, 131K)

I'm actually just curious how they are going to go about turning all these events into a show, actually, since like I said the FBI didn't have much until his brother turned him in. Seeing Kaczynski's life dramatized might also be interesting, though I by no means think it's likely to be totally accurate. Ted claimed a lot of the elements of it (that people wrote and told him about) were bullshit but sometimes his version of events are really biased and skewed too. I've already formed some opinions of him based on his own writings, a show (especially netflix bullshit) is for the sole purpose of entertainment and interest.

amazing how famous he is , he only killed 3 people

IIRC the FBI had narrowed it to down to a potentially disgruntled academic, though he was on no lists etc. And fair enough, I just don't understand it. Television and film, when trying to adapt something, almost always ruin the original material to the point where it gives me heart palpitations just thinking about how much more influence they have than the tons of writing out there. Imagine 10,000 pages of written evidence, some boring some interesting, being filtered down to maybe 50 pages of jumpscares and creepy music played over shots of some guy hunched over a typewriter with his eyes bugging out. Makes me sick honestly.

His story is just so interesting, and when you add in the fact his brother was the one who had him arrested it reads like some kind of Greek myth.

I thought the FBI was mostly wrong about him, though they did have some basic things right (mainly that it was an individual working, and not an anarchist group as the letters claimed), just that many of the details were wrong and in either case, they had no leads for Kaczynski himself until his brother contacted the FBI.

I don't have high hopes for the show, though some have praised (itt included) the actor's portrayal and I have heard they treated some parts of his life and ideas with some sensitivity, so I don't necessarily think it was just some "lone madman" horror show. We'll see I guess.

I do think it's important to remove him from his own writings. If you read what he wrote vs. what his family/brother wrote and compare it to his psychological evaluation you do see some elements of his life, actions and even philosophy under a new light. I doubt a show will go into that much detail but his brother, for instance, wrote a book about them that was kind of interesting. For instance, I think a lot of his bombings (especially the earlier ones) were done a lot more form an emotional base than he would want to let on, though he did somewhat address that a few times.

If /gif/ had existed he would have fallen face first down the slope into sissy hypno

lol