Discuss

discuss.

Attached: ASOUE.jpg (1552x1247, 536K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N4gFVfXcL-c
youtube.com/watch?v=WsD5uoRqvSQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyrs_(2008_film)
youtube.com/watch?v=s83C2mROgzw
youtube.com/watch?v=D0RFCX7RRRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is true

sneed

I got bored of the second one real fast
Also violet is hotter in the Jim carrey one

agreed

the first one (movie) was ok. at least we got to see her tits

both are soulless trash

>lips that could suck the dick off of a cock
discuss

Attached: emily.jpg (1200x675, 172K)

Attached: 1549411972399.jpg (916x963, 445K)

why'd they make all the characters black in the NF version ??

god i wish i were one of the producers that got to fuck her as a kid

First one doesn't have Carmelita, so into the trash it goes.

Attached: 4dd7fc2433162f16b63b08cdd4331a45.jpg (549x547, 68K)

ew

fag

being a pedo is worse than being a fag

reminder that emmanuel lubezki did the cinematography for this (i.e. the same guy who shot Birdman, Tree of Life and Children of Men)

she looks at least 16

The commentary to the original movie is kino.

The show is trying too hard to imitate Wes Anderson shit and it just comes off forced. Say what you want about the movie, but it captured the deadpan irony and dry humor of the books perfectly.

I have fonder memories of watching the commentary than the actual movie desu

this. also NPH is a shit actor in the show

I have mixed feelings about his performance. I think he's great in some characters and unbearable in others.

Based and cakepilled

I'd sniff her cake if you know what I mean
just kidding please don't van me

he seems way too one-dimensional in the majority of his roles and most of the time i just see NPH instead of the characters he's supposed to be playing

This. Harris is shit and I knew as soon as I heard the opening theme that he had single handedly ruined the show. Carrey was fantastic as Olaf and even managed to be extremely menacing at times. NPH looks like a hipster goofball cosplayer.

>OLD = GOOD
>NEW = BAD
>SOUL / SOULLESS
Like a fucking clockwork, Boomers are literally NPCs

>Carrey version:
>the author wrote a script and promised help
>they never looked at his script and told him the fuck off
>Carrey was miscasted and hated the entire movie
>Harris version:
>passion project of Harris and the author
>co-written by the author with little to no restrictions
>"souless"

agreed. also it gets super repetitive and boring. they should've just cut down each story to max 30m and they could have covered all the books in one season

>>they never looked at his script and told him the fuck off
based

>miscasted

Attached: 1538381189240.jpg (540x720, 54K)

>they never looked at his script and told him the fuck off
That just makes the DVD commentary even better

that director/author commentary will always be my favorite movie

>the character is meant to be devoid of any charisma
>let's cast one of the most charismatic actors

>one of the most colorful and eccentric characters in children's lit
>not charismatic

miscasted isn't a word, dumbo

>>the character is meant to be devoid of any charisma
no he's not...?
Count Olaf is very charismatic, even if it's in an odd sort of way

>OMG JIM CARREY!
he was a shit Olaf
t. Someone who actually read the books

Attached: 1517191423921.png (665x800, 54K)

You're gay
t. someone who also read the books

NPH is way worse
t. someone who also who read the books

have sex
t. Someone who actually read the books

>read the books
Redditor

>Make virtually every adult in the setting trust him like ten books in a row while wearing paper-thin disguise
>No charisma

What was the question mark sub ?

Lemony Snicket literally says he has never met anyone who is as devoid of charisma as Olaf

>entire point of series being that adults in the series are complete morons

this user posted a s.oyboy wojak guys, pack it up, no rebuttal can measure up to this

haha Joe the wheelchair guy plays the writer ! very epic

Yeah well he was wrong.

>actually read the books
as if that's some sort of achievement...
each book takes like 5 hours to read or less
I burned through the whole series in like a month
also the books sucked past the first few and once they got to the Vile Village they became almost unreadable

This is correct, Olaf was in VFD for a reason, he was a genius and insanely charismatic. He just had a bad habit of being evil to the point of self sabotage. Eccentric is what some people would call it.
Some of them are yes but its mostly a lack of care. No one cares about kids, especially kids that are a burden, like orphans. The fact the Orphans where all precocious geniuses skewed the perspective a bit but most of the adults where fine intelligence wise.
What was your issue with the later books?

>the narrator is wrong

The narrator isn't objective as we know. His opinion on Olaf is colored by his knowledge of him. Sort of like knowing enough about a family member to not fall for their bullshit.

No.

*tapdances in your path*

they all just repeated the same formula
>go to new dreary place
>try to make a living there
>olaf shows up
>tell people nearby he's bad
>no one believes
>foil his plans using books/invention/biting
>try to expose olaf
>olaf runs away at the last second
>go find a new place rinse and repeat
it felt like reading the same story over and over again and I got really bored
only the last one deviated from that format
also I'm not a fan of dreary and the books just got more dreary with every title I want to actually enjoy the books I'm reading not muscle through them

Attached: malinaweissman.jpg (720x720, 120K)

it's not fair

Was it specified in the books that Violet had to be a pale brunette with huge red lips?

Attached: lemony snickets.png (2016x687, 1.67M)

based carmelitaposter

WHAT WAS VFD
WHAT WAS IN THE SUGAR POT
WHAT WAS UNDERWATER THAT MADE EVERYONE WHO KNEW ABOUT IT SHIT THEIR PANTS
WHAT CAUSED THE SCHISM

Ah yeah that is understandable. I felt there was a decent amount of deviation. Mainly in the Hostile Hospital and Grim Grotto, which both felt very fresh and extremely grim. But if you aren't a fan of extreme melancholy involving orphan children then yeah, the shtick would get old.
No Violet had thin lips, though she was very pale and did have dark hair. The puffy cheeks are on point though.

Attached: 1549321716557.png (450x870, 247K)

What the fuck was her problem?

Attached: CarmelitaNetflix.png (604x628, 386K)

Thin lips but they managed to cast a girl with extremely prominent lips both times.

Attached: 1499665394632.png (820x461, 557K)

who cares
that's exactly my preference
>ties hair
>gets down on knees
>invents

Whatever happened to her ? Doesn't Olaf just straight up leave her and Esme to fend for themselves in one of the last books ?

It was specified by MUH DICK.

Attached: 1505963800672.webm (840x474, 1.2M)

I was a fan at first but it got so tiring
then again I was like 13 when I read it and was reading them probably too fast
so maybe if I gave it another go I'd like it more
but I doubt I'll ever do that
at most I'll watch the series

Her and Esme were last seen in the hotel. Like everyone else except Justice Strauss, whether they escaped the fire or not is left unknown.

>cakesniffers

Attached: c0647a454d44a9cb7949eba208b88970b6d0faf3r4-564-282_00.jpg (564x282, 16K)

works for me

Attached: malina_weissman_coveteur_april_2018_12-gthumb-gwdata1200-ghdata1200-gfitdatamax.jpg (800x1200, 189K)

VFD was an orginization of the worlds most succesful and passionate intellectuals.
The Sugar Bowl contained the evidence of knowledge that the organization broke apart over.
The question mark was the faction of VFD that supported usable ignorance, they represented the useful stupidity of the world and so where completely counter to intelligent and good natured people.
The schism was caused by a disagreement over what to do with the knowledge VFD possessed. One side wanted to keep it to themselves and grow past normal living, the other wanted to use it to control the ignorant masses for their benefit.
Coincidence, and they wanted a pretty girl I suppose.
Yes Olaf leaves them at the hotel before joining the orphans in their boat.
There better read as a youth, and yes read slowly.

What's the difference between dick and cock ?
t.not English speaker

No cutie boi on the Netflix one

Three of the four of these are answered in the show and the last one is hinted at.

They are synonyms.

Say what you will about Lemony but at least this was he didn't take his audience for morons, which sadly is more common these days.

I've just invented a new technique

Attached: 1560647723971.jpg (1080x1094, 216K)

Series reminded me of Addams Family Values. Same sort of mix of surreal setting and characters with witty dialogue and a grim sense of humor.

She looks very different in the books

Attached: 24436_1214938668435_204_282.jpg (204x282, 44K)

Nothing

Attached: 1499627370890.jpg (1600x1200, 298K)

Cock is slightly lewder.

Honestly she looks the closest out of most of them. They made Olaf a manlet twice for some reason when the guy has to duck to walk out of his house.

Attached: 1555736054177.png (750x1061, 1.61M)

Dick is a shortening of the name Richard (don't ask me how that works) and a cock is a male chicken

seems like they nailed it to me
even the face

She's meant to be unkempt and ugly in the books, in the show she's dressed as an explosion in a cake factory

Attached: asoue_304_unit_02857_rc.jpg (1170x780, 160K)

Too late, I already reported your IP

Attached: 13752512021377.jpg (360x237, 15K)

Not much you can do about height, if you have the actor you have the actor.

she's ugly in the show
and I guess they followed the art more than the book because she's pretty spot on compared to the art
also it's called artistic license

Left nailed the aesthetic but rushed through the first three books and didn't set up for sequels like it should have.
Right nailed the adaptation/lore and fixed the ending of the books, but was riddled with forced fourth wall breaks that worked better in the books. Basically this Unfortunate Events works better as a show, but needed the whole style of the movie + the author's advisory. It could've been a 10/10

Attached: thosefuckinglipsbro.jpg (1067x1600, 407K)

based netflix pedophiles turning her into a cute slut

They needed to have her try and keep up with Esme's madness. Otherwise she would have looked out of place, ironically enough.
I suppose.

What did they mean by this?

She's really not.

youtube.com/watch?v=N4gFVfXcL-c

>she's ugly in the show

Attached: 1537627032051.jpg (500x449, 21K)

is that so?

Funnily enough her eyebrows are so think that the bangs she has for playing Violet sometimes make her look like she has a unibrow.

yeah she is
you faggots have no taste and should kyselves
ugly fat face and ugly smile
guaranteed shell grow up to be an ugly woman
violet on the other hand...

What did she mean by this?

I guess the actors started hitting puberty between seasons because I'm on Season 2 and Violet suddenly has obvious boobs they try to downplay in her costumes.

Does Weissman have bad teeth or something? Never seen a pick with a big smile

Jim Carey is just a comical genius
youtube.com/watch?v=WsD5uoRqvSQ

Attached: Untitled11111.png (1404x947, 1.21M)

>VFD was an orginization of the worlds most succesful and passionate intellectuals.
I'm pretty sure they were volunteer firefighter department.

One of the things I didn't care for in the netflix series was that it shows it's hand way too early. VFD shouldn't have been involved until at least book 4. I also wish it was more serious, but also more ironic.

Cake.

Attached: file.png (687x357, 232K)

Attached: violet8.jpg (422x611, 46K)

What is so special about the commentary of the movie?

character actors are manlets, if an actor is tall he wants to play leads, not villains.

>Well, I hope I can prove myself to be the father you never had.

>We had a father.

>Yes, I know. And a mother. Remarkable woman. Flammable.

The tv show is more accurate to the books, but the movie is just plain better, and indeed it has impossibly more soul that the show just can't match.

Attached: carmelita sniff.gif (459x422, 2.94M)

His Stephano was certainly top notch. I hated the NPH interpretation

She looks permanently sad. Has the most sorrowful eyes I ever saw.

he was probably mad that Olaf literally and figuratively cucked him.

Attached: mw.jpg (1024x1124, 214K)

>I do hope she's over the age of consent. Age of consent means when you can legally boink someone.

>We know what the age of consent means.

dies in a fire

Seems like her lips are literally too big for a smile to actually show teeth. You'd have to do a very exaggerated giant smile.

Attached: Lemony+Snicket+Series+Unfortunate+Events+Screening+tHmzMILsLLDx.jpg (681x1024, 173K)

What's so special about it?

Like most characters fates, it's left hanging

Have you considered the idea they are attracted to her height, proportions and neoteny?
Pretty sure you're pretty sure about that. I agree though, and the having the parents be so involved was an awful choice.

There's nothing wrong with her face either, she just looks like a regular cute girl.

>she just looks like a regular cute girl
Probably where the difference in opinion comes from, as I implied.

Commentary to Holes was fun too.
Teen Shia and the rest of the cast talking about how they wanna fuck the black gypsy woman in a cat woman costume.

Who did it better?

Attached: tumblr_ojsocjQdJk1vhi7rho3_500.gif (500x220, 1.96M)

face is all that matters
anyone who is attracted to the body of a (woman) with no regard to the face are likely ugly themselves and as a result have low standards

Are they cloning Kiernan Shipka in a factory somewhere? There's several child actors right now that look exactly like her, there was that girl who plays "young ___" in everything right now and a few others

Attached: Screen_Shot_2019-01-01_at_4.03.09_PM.png (655x491, 433K)

In the newer series there's a lot more references to underage rape. So it's got that going for it.

>implying this is an ugly face
Something's definetly wrong with you

Attached: eFFlLpzb3Pclr5oZjsqqj5dtsHS.jpg (220x330, 13K)

Attached: Quigley.png (901x899, 897K)

>In the newer series there's a lot more references to underage rape.
No there wasn't. Except for the brief moment with Olaf touching Violet's hair

>My own clone! Now neither of us will be virgins!

Wasn't the TV version the one Barry Sonnenfeld wanted to make before he was booted off the movie and the studio changed everything?

He did grip her shoulder and say to Klaus "I'll touch whatever I want!" when he protests the marriage.

both of them sucked ass

The dinosaur impression is Classic Carey

Attached: giphy.gif (380x230, 493K)

I agree but we aren't talking about a woman. Her face will continue to change for the next decade or so.
I never implied that it was, its a developing face, a girls face.

What I learned from the Netflix show is NPH can sing well. For some reason I did not know this.

NO she doesn´t.
Pedos belong on the stake, next to their Muslim brothers.

Attached: Vlad Dracul.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

>I feel like we've been sitting on this bench for months.

Choosing Best Violet is one of the hardest decisions known to man.

Attached: 66159900_1266427573531513_9205131262122057074_n.jpg (1080x1080, 162K)

I'll take em both I'm hardcore.

Attached: violet.jpg (1706x960, 196K)

At what point does child bearing hips, water weight, developed facial features, breast growth, and height allow for a woman to be a woman instead of a girl? Calling her a young woman would be fair certainly she can develop more but she is no child.

virgin mary was a loli faggot

Attached: 1539799227222.png (331x132, 40K)

I noticed

Attached: Unfortunate-Events-Ep-6-1-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 89K)

And people wonder why Yea Forums is known as the pedoboard

>literal first paragraph of the first book is that the story will only get more dreadful and doesn't have a happy ending
>be surprised when that happens

This isn't a thing that anyone wonders.

People wonder that?

LEA/FBI ALERTED here ..

shitbag cunts here think child sex ok

If I an other survivors we will skin you alive see Marrrty film ok en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyrs_(2008_film) will do worse ok

>Here's a fun bit of trivia, the architect who designed this school was severely depressed.

Attached: Prufrock.png (1088x495, 958K)

Jim Carrey is a 6ft 2 lanklet

all here CIA NOTED , an Brill /Uncle sam sorted

Attached: malinaw.jpg (1110x1041, 97K)

Because of beautiful actresses?

Attached: 59567101_887407231611510_4212027791501434236_n.jpg (1080x1350, 393K)

Comparatively manlet then. Olaf is close to 7 foot.

It's called an appreciation for art, philistine

Attached: 1558129016153.jpg (720x450, 91K)

Do you have any seven foot tall actors who can play the character and anchor the whole series?

Is that an enormous fortune in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Attached: malina-vaisman-malina-weissman-devochka-volosy-vzgliad.jpg (1366x768, 178K)

Despite it straying from the source, the movie had absolutely sumptuous aesthetics. It was utterly gorgeous and Emily Browning fitted in wonderfully, as did the rest of the cast.

Attached: House.jpg (1920x1080, 330K)

If I was in charge of casting anything I would be the most anal fucker in the world. I refuse to believe there aren't any stage actors with his proportions.

wait a few years an marry her .. But its Just CP posters ,
an shit dont they ok ,
Nah .. Those RedRooms an interactive Real .. an I need to get away from this shit ....that the tiny elite think ok .Jews
I Off ..

that one was from the show

For a moment I thought...well yeah

RIP thos gurls

It's pretty amazing that they found someone with such a similar style to Emily, I'm sure they cast her on purpose to act as a bridge between the movie and TV versions.

Attached: plump.png (289x191, 52K)

It's basically "Lemony Snicket" and the director riffing on the movie MST3K style and Snicket keeps complaining about how different it is.

Violet is cute.
Carmelita is hot.

I forget, doesn't one of the Violets either Netflix or the Jim Carrey one have a older sister that is a mega thot?

Seriously this movie was drenched in the gloomy aesthetic. Why don't more goth bitches adore this kino over any run of the mill burton flick?

How well do the books hold up for a 27 year old dude that first read them while being 12?

Both suffer from alternating the storyline, miscast choices and downplaying certain episodes. Both have positive things. Carrey's movie had great designs and dry humor except fucking dinosaur. Netflix series had Carmelita, well done Elevator adaptation and adult jokes. Everything else sucked dick.
Here is solution. Make a full serialized cartoon following books 1 to 1 without deviations.

The Netflix Violet has an older sister that's an instagram "influencer"

Attached: 87823c7d9965ddbbbd924f1b62395806.jpg (1242x1167, 104K)

>when your little sister has huge lips and you don't so you have to go buy some

They where fine on my re-read, but the increased reading speed hurts them until you get to the later books.

Why's that?

I like how you can tell which one has real lips and which doesn't.

Attached: 32821211_215484292567193_7538807377131208704_n.jpg (731x731, 75K)

Repetitive nature of the first few books makes them somewhat tedious until the orphans end up in the really odd places like the hospital or the slopes. The fun writing helps with this but with how fast you can burn through them it can become a bit lame compared to when reading them as a younger person.

they look nothing alike, are they full sisters?

>he doesn’t have any Very Fancy Doilies

This thread is in.

You weren't a true fan if you didn't have this

Attached: LemonySnicketUA.png (266x374, 150K)

Anyone else get the tattoo?

yeah... it's ugly
any ugly girl can look decent with that much airbrushing

Attached: images.jpg (210x240, 5K)

She looks like a normal girl. You don't have to live your life in hyperbole user.

Which GameCube game is that from?

Wait until the readers of the Daily Punctilio hear about this!

Funny you should ask because this is the Gamecube game of the movie

>nailed it

Attached: 1499626804621.jpg (1280x960, 581K)

cock can also mean a male chicken, but it is also a euphemism for penis. Dick can be a name since it's a shortened version of Richard for some unfortunate souls, but also usually refers to penis.
There is no difference. They both mean penis, but dick is more common when referring to someone in an insulting manner, ie "You jerk! You dick! You asshole!" you don't hear "You cock!" very often, though it's not totally unheard of.

>miscasted
America was a mistake

For 2004 it isn't even that bad, meanwhile, house model made in 2017 is just fucking embarrassing

That's not from the show, it's from the movie. In 2004.

still bad

>invents
Oh, I thought you were going somewhere else with that.

Your entire point is now moot so just give up.

Joke character or sincere commentary?

Attached: 1555094639801.png (326x238, 180K)

I wonder what Pasta Puttenesca means in Italian.

in the style of a prostitute.

>Spaghetti alla puttanesca (pronounced [spaˈɡetti alla puttaˈneska]; "spaghetti in the style of a prostitute" in Italian) is an Italian pasta dish invented in Naples in the mid-20th century. Its ingredients typically include tomatoes, olive oil, anchovies, olives, capers and garlic.

It's a line from Klaus in the show. I don't recall if it was in the film.

He finds the recipe in a book, because they do not know what to make for dinner. No idea if that is shown in every adaption.

I hate how the movie she look so hot in those loli goth clothes, but in the TV series they went out of their way to make her look as drab and dull looking as possible. They made her wear some hideous clothes

The purpose of the story wasn't to have you infatuated with the main cast.

Attached: confused bale 3.gif (500x259, 494K)

I understand the tendency to find youthful young women attractive whether it is the purpose of the story or not but having a grievance with the TV adaption because they didn't reinforce this primal urge has more to do with you than the adaption and so mentioning it in discussion of the adaption is pointless. Its more a discussion about you than anything else which has nothing to do with the story.

Why'd they cast such a beautiful girl then?

>Cakesniffer fuckin' shits

Attached: Carmelita.png (1080x1082, 1.55M)

Your attraction to her is natural, but meta. It has nothing to do with the story. That is my point. Stating you where dissatisfied with the adaption because they did not increase a characters sex appeal when that is not a part of the story has nothing to do with the story.

I actually thought the Netflix one was really charming

It was. But it's newer so people have to pretend.

Agreed, just wish they had found some way to spread out the early story as it got repetitive quickly.

The songs at the end were nice. youtube.com/watch?v=s83C2mROgzw

For me, its the audio book OST.
youtube.com/watch?v=D0RFCX7RRRY

Just look away.

Netflix ASOUE is a lot more cunny

Small tits and a nicely trimmed bush too.
The video of her naked in a hotel room is nice.

and most important, big wide hips and a fat ass

Always thought it was odd Snicket encouraged the nature of the many adults who failed the orphans. If anything he should be asking someone to help.

He's just mad Olaf fucked his sister.

Why is everyone the orphans meet on this show a gigantic asshole?

go home normie

>Violet is at perfect dick sucking height

People don't care about kids, in the books and real life. Kids that are a burden to adults are cared for even less. The rare moment you see some miracle story in the news is just that, rare and sensationalized. 25% of children in the US go to sleep hungry every night. Modern halfway houses are rape dens. The world is cruel. The orphans story isn't really all that tragic when our world is taken into context. Just take a look at this thread, half of it is guys going on about how hot the oldest orphan is, no care for the sincerity of the story or the narrative. You think anyone gives a single fuck about kids? Fuck no. They care if they can fuck them, that's it.

Attached: 1553211407691.jpg (1715x1287, 358K)

In short, Count Olaf is right. In the second last episode he rants on the stand that even though he's a villain, he's always been entirely honest about what he wants, the Baudelaire fortune, but everyone else they've met has been lying, cheating, abusing, etc, and that basically, everyone sucks.

>The question mark was the faction of VFD that supported usable ignorance, they represented the useful stupidity of the world and so where completely counter to intelligent and good natured people.
No. The Big Unknown is just that. A plot device. Never comes up again. Is never mentioned again. It is the knowledge of something unknowable, which, for anybody devoted to knowledge, is the real threat. Something that you can't know because if you did, it would be your end. And you don't know what kind of end it would be. Maybe not death, but something else, something deeper and more thorough than the death some might have felt closer than others. This is especially true for the Baudelaire orphans. All they want is to know. To live so many things and to know so many things.
The Great Unknown is a higher power manifesting itself through the submarine, not in the water.
Well, we just can't know.

>never comes up again
You would debate my interpretation with yours based on a lack of evidence?

yumi

That would work if several of their caretakers and allies wheren't perfectly fine people. Olaf could have left them with their second guardian and they would have been just fine.

Unironically Olaf should have been Stephen Merchant. He's the right height and I could totally believe he'd rape Violet, given his face.

hey c'mon... i'm not unsympathetic... just want her to suck my dick is all. don't even gotta f*ck her

I am not God, you do not have to worry about my judgement, anonymous.

me on the right, forced to stare at the rapist's asshole

T. Lemony snickett

The last episode was fine but I feel like the second last episode would have been a kino ending for the show. It even had a montage of the series and a reprisal of the season 1 song.

Attached: file.png (914x443, 394K)

God the woman who plays the Librarian (Sara Rue) has such fat tits it's so fucking hot.

>Steven Merchant Olaf
Too spooky for me

>Debating interpretations
Not gonna happen, m8. Also, I finished the last one over ten years ago. Not really gonna remember the specifics of a series I liked but was not passionate enough about.
Also, the people here talking about lolis? Imagine if they discovered the book had jewish themes.

She does? I never noticed in the show.

*bell rings*

It was charming, but I didn't like how they handled the 4th wall breaks and spelt out all the VFD stuff too obviously. I know you have to spell things out more on TV, but in this era where everyone goes crazy over DEEPEST LORE, they'd be okay with being more subtle about it.

NPH gets the goofiness down of Olaf but never really captured the menace. Carrey was better in that regard.

Attached: [email protected] (1300x693, 123K)

You already are debating interps man, saying I was wrong about mine is literally debating me. And its not even Jewish themes the orphans are canonically Ashkenazi.

Her sister is way better and sluttier and has nudes.

They don't make it obvious in the show, but she does.
They hid Malina's tits too so maybe the director is gay.

Attached: sara_rue_nude.jpg (1000x530, 174K)

You already are debating interps man
In a sense. And we both (I inadvertedly, don't know about you) presented what we consider to be information when it is nothing more than though unmatchable to any tangential narrative reality.
The reason I replied is that you said it with the type of conviction of he who deals in facts. Which is the thing that I tried to debate.
>"I know this" (what I read)
>We can't know this. (what I said)
Debating (¿any further?) seems pointless.

Attached: 1552861549322.jpg (640x457, 61K)

On the contrary, I thought NPH was more able to be a little threatening when he needed to be compared to Carrey who was always goofy.

her sister is fuckin ugly and plastic

Certainly and it is not as if I disagree with your perspective in fact I think our two understandings fit together perfectly. We can both be right considering our understandings. A symbol of ignorance is more or less a want of it, is it not?

>Carrey pimp slapping Klaus out of fucking nowhere
>always goofy

>our two understandings fit together perfectly
I honestly do not remember enough plot details to actively say that what you are saying might or might not fit with the things we can know. I would have to check several sources (or, essentially and optimally, re-read the books), which my current circumstance or will might not allow me to do.
>A symbol of ignorance is more or less a want of it, is it not?
Perhaps. But being aware of a symbol of ignorance is arguably meaningless if nothing is done to prevent the very ignorance that it symbolizes. However, and this is due perhaps to the roots the word has in my mother tongue, for me there is a distinction between ignorance and ineffability, as well as between both concepts and an inability to gain knowledge.

My stance is that because of the reaction of the captain and even Olaf to the question mark it is the other side of the schism. Otherwise the schism becomes questionable. Both sides wanted to horde the knowledge but one of them wanted to use it to reinforce ignorance. In this way it can be assumed that the symbol of ignorance (lack of knowledge) is their vessel.
The fully metaphorical interpretation is fine too, and much cleaner but I do enjoy reading into things.

>I do enjoy reading into things.
Well read into a dictionary and look up
>horde
and then look up
>hoard
;^)
In all seriousness, though, you are reestablishing a point you had made earlier. I will maybe look into that. What I really take from this is that someone in Yea Forums is finally worth exchanging ideas with. This is a cesspool of the utmost idiocy and irony, where nothing can't be known for sure ;)
Read you around, veneral faggot degenerate!

Attached: 1498285528588.jpg (600x858, 51K)

Was...this character in the books? I don't recall who this is

Yes

I agree with OP
I hate jim carrey but he does do well as eccentric cunt villains
The 2nd just felt like a cashgrab

>Violet ties her hair up in a knot when she's thinking to remove it from her eyes
>Both series and movie character has bangs
>Ties it up anyways

Attached: 1257709732176.jpg (219x251, 6K)

I get that a lot, there are several such anons. Diligence. And don't coach me on words you bastard I am drunk.
The book version also had bangs, her hair was messy. And it was a mental thing mainly.

>what is an unreliable narrator

A 100 point question.

fuck now i have to fap

>don't coach me on words you bastard I am drunk.

Attached: 1383437673928.jpg (600x400, 45K)

*cough cough*

>Land ho!
>I told you to stop calling me that

not really.

Statistically sure but quality of life? Cmon now.

I wish they kept Violet's signature sailor-collar dress thing in the adaptations.

I want to ___ Violet!

marry

Attached: file.png (620x321, 369K)

I have a book by Nabokov you might enjoy. Particularly if you're on Yea Forums.

Nabokov is truly overrated "college" trash.

Why?

>he says in a thread discussing a book series for literal children.

Is that supposed to be a counter to Nabokov's weak prose and overused tropes or are you just desperate?

left cover owns right's really hard havent even seen either of these

you guys suck the dick
t. Someone whose teacher read the books

Really?

so youll have company

>CIA

Attached: Bane?.png (716x768, 512K)

WHAT

Attached: 46FE8668-9968-4D54-94A1-56CE22B17A45.jpg (200x191, 8K)

Shhh...

Attached: Emily_Browning.webm (958x800, 2.97M)

Attached: 1488962876380.webm (700x900, 1.51M)

Wait until the readers of the Daily Punctilio hear about this!

What do you mean 'why'? Do you ask 'why' when someone says they wish such and such an actress had a different hair color?

Actual, literal pedophile.

Why did you automatically think it must be an attraction instead of her being an entertaining villain? Something on your mind?

Lemony Snicket is gay crap girls read in elementary school why do any of you homos care about it.
Btw even though I have no interest in either movie, I'm sure the newer one sucks worse dick, fuck you, zoomers, you're sub-humans and fortnite is fucking gay

>Patriots
>the Philosopher's Legacy
>Arsenal Gear
>XOF
Holy shit, Lemony Snicket was Kojima the whole time

Based death of the author.

gorgeous ass. Would love to see how tight her hole is

I don't blame them, Eartha Kitt was hot even in her old age.

>Dickon

Attached: LiG8ONSPjFFl.jpg (600x600, 71K)

Wasn’t “puttesca sauce” some big meme a couple years ago?

In

>A Series of "Unfortunate" Events

Attached: 1526443153697.jpg (1080x1921, 136K)

That's her whore sister's nigger

What a surprise.