Lovecraft adaptation pitch

Quick!Give me your best pitch for an adaptation of one of his stories or an original work that could pass as Lovecraftian

Hard mode: Name Cast, Director and Writer

Attached: hp lovecraft.jpg (591x847, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nRrA4_3N890
youtu.be/ou6JNQwPWE0
youtu.be/O35p4TSKQXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think it could be done. People would try to make a trilogy rather than a standalone.

Black Site

>DEPORT ALL GODS
kek, I wonder if the elder gods add anything to that movie

not everything is a franchise, as much as people like to spread this meme, if you want to show the cities and so on however you'd probably need a bigger budget which might force you into that franchise territory though to be fair

Lovecraft cinematic universe would be G*d-tier.

it could be if they kept the connections very minimal

You can’t really express abject horror. The whole point of cosmic horror is the grand and terrible realization that all humanity is insignificant and there our things so crazy out there it will drive us mad.

You could make Shadow over Innsmouth or Haunter of the dark but it will just be a horror film.

>At the Mountains of Madness
>HBO miniseries
>same crew who did The Terror
>get John Carpenter to advise and get the guy who did the practical effects on The Thing to make elder things puppets
>have some core camraderie between the crew for the human element
>make a couple of hazy high budget cgi sequences showing visions of the history the murals provide but only very sparsely and put some money into showing the non-euclidian giant cityscapes
>only show glimpses of the Shoggoth as it only partially moves out the shadow and you never see more than parts of it
>get someone who does god tier sound design, it will be needed
>also probably cut the part with the albino penguins

Attached: dcmrwfp-ad2337f8-c0a1-4f57-a2ed-36376a43cda0.jpg (652x1000, 483K)

I disagree. I felt the same feeling of feeling small in a vast universe and having the veil of our own perception of reality slowly be peeled away that I get when reading Lovecraft when watching The Mist and Annihilation, so I think it can be done.

hear me out...how about, a children's show starring the man himself,and Cthulhu as his pet?
youtu.be/nRrA4_3N890

bump

Attached: non euclidean.jpg (1600x1189, 496K)

they should do the one with the scary race mixers

Mind-controlling parasites from space have come to Earth and now control some significant percentage of the population. The victims of these parasites then begin to rally a political movement for equal rights for their parasite overlords, all the while trying to infect other people. Of course, the infected can't be held accountable for their actions, because the parasites just switch host if they think they're in imminent danger. Thus, an absurdist comedy is born.

Rats in the Walls works best as a psychological horror. It has the least cosmic elements.

I don't know why but when I read it I felt it would be hard to shoot

I had an idea for a Lovecraft inspired comic, a horror romance story. It was about a girl who joins a cult that secretly has strange alien connections. Her ex is worried about her. He's part of a bunch of online anonymous users on an anime message board who start an activist online campaign to expose the cult. I came up with this idea in 2006.

Attached: anonymous is leejun 1416881683913c2.jpg (115x179, 7K)

EAR SHATTERING FART NOISE

It would be a 3 hour continuous shot of a man repeatedly trying to write a script for a Lovecraft adaptation, and subsequently being beaten on the head with an aluminum bat. Each time a booming voice would say, "LEAVE IT IN PRINT, WHERE IT BELONGS, YOU TALENTLESS VULTURES. "

Resurrect Kubrick and have him recapture whatever magic he got when he made this:
youtu.be/ou6JNQwPWE0

would read

Sinking City is pretty Lovecraftian if you ask me

can't film what you can't comprehend m8

they will have to change the cats name probably

>The Temple

>2 hour movie
>German U-boat during WWI
>Fassbender as the captain
>Begins as they're preparing to sink an American supply ship
>Be as realistic and brutal as possible
>Torpedoes for the ship, American crew burning
>Machine gun the survivors
>They steal from the bodies and they find the god figurine
>Uboat malfunctions and they are stranded
>Most of the movie is the captain noticing how the crew is going mad
>Focus on the claustrophobic aspect of the ship
>The existencial horrors of war
>The figurine only makes all these horrors creep into the minds of the crew more potently
>Fassbender executes the more crazy ones
>Mutiny
>Killing spree
>Claustrophobic
>Horrified, mad men trying to escape the death trap, killing each other
>Only Fass and lieutenant survive
>They talk about how they are going to die in the uboat
>Moral predicaments of war
>Inevitable mortality
>Etc
>lieutenant suicide
>Fassbender finds the Temple

youtu.be/O35p4TSKQXU

dude with narcolepsy decides to start the next shoah and can predict the future in his dreams after eating octopus dicks.

A racist guy goes to the most diverse and disgusting part of the city and discovers all the foreigners are worshiping an old god. Shocked by this discovery he retreats to the safety of Anglo civilization but fears things aren't over yet.