Why does MCU Spiderman feel..soulless?

What went wrong in the creating process?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-30-15-58-46~2.png (720x689, 783K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kCd6HLNW3MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=g1PePr8hAsc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it's completely dependent on the other MCU movies. It's not a Spider-Man movie, it's just MCU sub-plot number #8

Spider-Man is a paragon hero that his world revolves around, like Superman or Batman. In the MCU he's Iron-Man's kid sidekick.

probably cost more for someone to draw the top

an indian can do that bottom shot for 10 rupees and a shit in a real toilet

>Back in Black starts playing

Attached: Peter Stark.jpg (343x147, 6K)

I do for 5 rupee

Don't forget the basic design was done by Tony Stark instead, Peter just made minimal changes

Making Spider-Man into Iron Man Jr. Also the obsession with "modernising" Spider-Man, which has resulted in the heavy presence of advanced technology and social media in the new films.

>like Superman

>He makes a new suit
>Why? To sell toys of course.

You both hit the nail on the head. Pre-MCU Spider-Man movies were entirely self-contained, they had space to develop on their own merits.

3 rupee my work veey good

because it is

No proper black colors. It's grey and looks washed out

Spider-Man is the fourth most famous superhero of all time, after Superman, Batman and Robin.

This

UNCLE TONY, WIPE MY ASS!
That's all.

kek

Fifth, you're forgetting Jesus

nobody outside USA likes Superman

you're not 10 years old anymore

In retrospect, I do think Iron Man was missing from the Raimi films. The Spider-Man in those films really didn't seem to have a superheroic motivation.

Far From Home is legit the first MCU/Spider-Man film that I won't be seeing in the theater. I've completely lost interest.

he's more famous than Robin
number 3 easy

Because newfag spidey has never faced struggle. He doesnt know the depths of suffering. Never had to balance real life vs hero life it all became so easily. Og spidey had to come to terms with what he has become and for newfag spidey it was "hey new suit"

That's because he is a friendly

NEIGHBOURHOOD

Spider-man

He saves people in New York, he doesn't save the world

If you know Batman you know Robin. More people know Batman than Spider-Man.

yeah sure

skip to 2:00

youtube.com/watch?v=kCd6HLNW3MQ

Raimi trilogy might have been campy as shit but it had charm instead of just setting up the plot for a sequel

For starters, we don't know where the fuck Peter came from.
In Raimi movies we see him be a student, get bitten, become Spider Man and grow up.
In the MCU he just pops up in the middle lf another character's movie and he's already Spider Man.

>tfw grew up watching the animated series and reading amazing comics
>raimi film was the first time I went to kino
>had posters and bedsheets of spiderman
>loved the PS1 and PS2 games
>went trick or treating in a spiderman onesie thing
>don't care about marvel
>last mcu flick I watched was ant man, before that ultron
>don't care about the new ones, amazing was kinda shit
feelsweirdman

Attached: Spider-Peter.jpg (627x476, 54K)

Nice bait

Because Raimi is telling a character-driven story about a hero whose realistic working-class status is as much a part of his struggles as the villains he fights.

Peter's environment and background in the MCU films is nothing more than window dressing.

It doesn’t, its only flaw is a repulsive MJ. These threads shit on MCU Spider-Man so often it feels like it’s one obsessed samefag. Always the same points made...

Bollocks. You don’t need to watch any other MCU film unless you’re a fucking brainlet.

>be me
>grew up watching BtAS, Spiderman and Xmen
>never give 1 damn about the MCU

Attached: Ed boy.gif (500x377, 498K)

He’s 14-16 years old you retard. Raimi’s was an adult with a job, a fiancée, grown up responsibility. The MCU version is intended to go for much longer than 3 films, we’re going to watch him develop. Honestly, it’s like talking to the same 3 retarded children in every Spider-Man thread.

He explains the spider in Homecoming, and it’s pretty fucking obvious in CW he’s a Queens kid that something super-heroic happened to... nitpicking with weak points. My suspicions grow about these threads.

I wouldn't count on that today

>tfw cartoon network is apparently full of homo garbage

Attached: gnbuu3p2ybr01.jpg (600x238, 18K)

I do four rupee poo in hands

An user in another thread pointed out how mcu spider-man New york just doesn’t feel like nee york and how it could be any city

Compared to post 9/11 Raimi movies, actually felt like New York, but I can’t put my finger on it

Spiderman in the comics at 14-16 was basically broke, lived with his elderly dying aunt and uncle and had to be saddled with being responsible for the death of his uncle and saved the world countless times before he graduated highschool. By himself.
And all of the tech and shit he used? Stuff that he picked up from dumpster diving and scraps.

Raimi's never had any real fucking responsibility. He had a succession of things that shat on him in life for no other reason then that peter had to have life shit on him.
Not even being spiderman felt like an escape. Just another thing that boring monotone unfunny idiot macguire had to suffer through.
Auntmay was a cunt
MJ was a cunt
His life was shit
His superhero life was boring trash

MCU peter is just the kid that ironman helps. That's it.

I'm not saying you need to watch them, I'm saying the story is completely dependent on them. The villain's motivation comes as a result of the first Avengers movie, and the main character spends the whole movie trying to live up to a character from the Avengers.

Lmao. An irritated shill getting progressively enraged that Nu spidey is getting called out for lacking depth. Dont pop a blood vessel raj.

This. Peter is nothing but a puppy sidekick desperate for Stark's attention and Stark has too much influence on him. Uncle Ben had a more meaningful impact to the creation of Spiderman in Raimi's flicks.

>be me
>grew up

Attached: B934B1B2-6013-4F19-A60C-BAA89E5B8B6C.jpg (443x332, 20K)

You mean there are drawbacks to shared universes?

Shoe me vagene

Not true at all. Living in malaysia for 36 years, travelling regularly to south america, india and china for work , every superhero branded plastic piece of shit, every balloon, knock off piece of shoddy wallart or clothing is ALWAYS spiderman no matter what

I fuckin died

are you gonna post this in every spiderman thread? this isn't even good bait you brainlet

Wrong

>drumpf

In Raimi's spiderman and most incarnations of the comics he is distinctly a hero who originates in the working class. Everything is a massive, unfair, uphill struggle.

It also repeatedly hammers home the message that GOOD IS NOT REWARDED. It is something you have a duty to do, to your own detriment, against your own interests. This is what makes what he's doing heroic. The significance of Uncle Ben's death isn't that refusing to do right when you have the opportunity might come around and hurt someone you personally love . It just hammers home to Peter that by not standing against badness you allow it to proliferate out into the world and hurt more people. In this case it happened to be someone he loved, but the point is that it will happen to someone.

Being Spiderman is exciting at first, but it quickly becomes a massive burden.

Clearly is as it as usual gave him (you )s from you and at least 3 other retards like you.

I blame SJWs

>Why does MCU Spiderman feel..soulless?

the actor is very small
is not athletic
it's not chad
spiderman never helps neighborhood crimes
The suit is very awful
the spiderman animations are unreal with bad physics
peter friends from comics don't exist
and mcu's spiderman is practically the robin of tony stark
this is the great work of kevin feige
imagine fantastic four and x-men

Attached: 0fc.jpg (765x1280, 320K)

Have you ever thought about why puberty parallels are so played up in the first movie, often with a veneer of comedy but more often than could be justified on that basis? It's because for a poor guy going through puberty and getting some muscle is the first power he ever gets in a lifetime of being downtrodden and weak. Parker isn't in a ghetto by any means, but financial struggle and precariousness are a constant presence. He probably worries about making college work, about how he'll have to balance extensive part time work with a demanding course because he wasn't born to the right family, and to highlight this we are frequently exposed to the opulence of Osbourne's son's upbringing.

So when a lot of poor kids, particularly those in real bad neighborhoods, get that muscle, get that thimble full of power, they misuse it for criminal lifestyles that hurt people, become generally violent and aggressive, or commit domestic violence.

Raimi's spiderman thematically belabors that whether you have a little power or a lot, you have a moral duty to not just avoid using it for harm, but to use it for as much good as possible. And doing that will make your life worse. But its your responsibility.

No subsequent live action Spiderman movie has ever made a serious effort to consistently replicate the clarity and depth with which this core theme is conveyed in the Raimi movies. In the Garfield movies it almost feels like everything about being spiderman is great outside of brief moments of tragedy. In MCU he starts off as a cameo with no dramatic weight or depth and then in Homecoming the closest you get to this is "you need to be cool with just your epic powers rather than also your sci-fi supersuit. You must be this tall and have this much strength of character to ride the rollercoaster of being spiderman which is totally awesome btw.”

>we ANOTHER origin
It’s bad enough that every single capeshit origin movie follows the same exact formula. Everyone in the entire fucking world already knows who Spider-Man is.

Fpbp

youtube.com/watch?v=g1PePr8hAsc

Based top lads

>Tom holland isnt athletic

Lmao

Attached: mgid_ao_image_logotv.jpg (980x551, 40K)

Bullshit
as someone who only cares about spiderman in Marvel. I as confused going into homecoming and wondering why this faggot tony stark was acting like a big boy daddy to peter.
The only thing I like about nu-spiderman is his voice.

>tom holland is not athletic
>athletics is what got him the billy elliot role in theatre and the spiderman role
based retard

He's 5 foot 6. A literal manlet. Anyone 5'9 or above could chin him into oblivion.

good posts

he's 5'8, average height

this they use camera tricks and don't show him sharing the camera with characters of same heigh or smaller to make him look shorter

Homecoming was good

>the actor is very small
true
>is not athletic
there's videos of him doing his flippy gymnastics shit
>it's not chad
peter isn't a chad until college, until then he's an asshole in the old comics and just an average kid in modern incarnations
>spiderman never helps neighborhood crimes
he stops them constantly, it's literally part of the plot of homecoming that he's stuck in his neighborhood and resents it
>The suit is very awful
yeah, it's too mcu house style
>the spiderman animations are unreal with bad physics
probably handled by the same idiots who fucked up black panther
>peter friends from comics don't exist
betty, ned and flash are from the comics, race swaps aside.
>and mcu's spiderman is practically the robin of tony stark
yeah, it's shit but makes sense for the mcu for who peter is

>When Spiderman first tries to stop the train with his foot and it doesn't work and the guy goes "Anymore bright ideas?"
Little asshole things like that do a good job of showing that this is really New York City

>we will never get close to the comfy kino of Spiderman 2 ever again

Attached: 1479693008095.webm (1920x1080, 1.05M)

Spider-Man 2 doesn't hold up. At all.

Seriously, rewatch it. It's hacky as fuck.

>and Robin
lol

sadly not literally

I watched it like 3 months ago and still quite enjoyed it, can't put my finger on why really

As I'm really not into Superhero films at all

I'm gonna give you a (you) but I agree with this.