NBC's 'The Good Place' to be cancelled after 4 seasons

newsweek.com/why-michael-schur-pulling-plug-good-place-after-only-4-seasons-1442963

After three years on NBC, The Good Place creator Michael Schur announced Friday that the show will come to an end next year—but not because of low ratings or behind-the-scenes conflict.

In an exclusive interview with The Hollywood Reporter published on Saturday, Schur explained the decision to make the upcoming fourth season of the NBC hit its final one, saying The Good Place "isn't a typical show where the goal is to do it as long as we can and as many episodes as we can."

Schur, who was also the co-creator, alongside Greg Daniels, of Parks and Recreation, said he knew "pretty quickly" that it would take four seasons to tell the story of Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Chidi (William Jackson Harper), Michael (Ted Danson), Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Jason (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden).

However, he said he needed to make sure that four was the definitive number of seasons the show would span before telling the actors, network and studio.

Attached: Trolley.jpg (1920x1080, 710K)

sucks we get less of this great show but I'm glad they're not milking it and have a definitive plot in mind

This shit was pure concentrated reddit

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

die tr*pfag

I want to fuck Kristen Bell while Dax Shepard watches and jerks off. Is that too much to ask?

Didn't watch because of the black love interest.

Attached: Bothers.gif (400x328, 560K)

>showrunner decides this is where the story should end
>cancelled
lmao

I'm glad it's going out before it's milked into shit. Season 3 already felt like they were running out of ideas desu. This is the best option.

Hopefully Schur can give a satisfying conclusion to 3 years of build-up and finally make Eleanor bang Tahani

Good unholy number for a show designed to lead people to Hades, 4. God, the Devil, and Bob was better.

Good

are you still a tranny?
do you know the legend of sonichu?

I love this cope no they're not ending it not to milk it they don't have a choice because no one watches it lmao.

Filtered

This makes me sad but at least is for a good reason, I just can't deal with unfinished tv.

Did it by any chance get woke before going broke?

YIKES this thread is like, everything I expected from Yea Forums

the show is undeniably high quality, look around at your peers - when someone openly admits they don't like a television program because the love interest wasn't white, you know you're among bad people

take a look at your lives and see if they're truly morally worth living

Attached: yikes.png (112x128, 17K)

reddit is a fine website

This is the sort of show where it'd become really obvious really fast if they tried to drag out for as long as possible.
I like it more than the average sitcom

The show is good but went downhill in season 3.
It peaked in season 2.

>be Michael Schur
>try and create the most diverse casts possible
>the only characters anyone remembers are the white, male middle-aged guys
Pottery

>make Eleanor bang Tahani
this

A part me feels they could have gone on and on in some parts, but I really admire the commitment of the writers to go ahead, to not try to slow things down, to not create drama for the sake of it, but forge personalities and relationships rather than keep them in a loop.

Also I found that Jason didn't find his place as a character until around season 2, it felt a bit of a plus one, someone that would disappear, but I am glad they managed to do something with everyone, keep them on equal footing.

You don't like Janet? Or Tahani? Jason?

I'm most upset we won't get more comfy season 1 episodes again. But that wasn't going to happen anyway, and if they tried it would just feel like filler.

i'm halfway through s2, janet makes the show IMO

everyone else is great though - can't think of a single weak character

what the fuck are you doing here?

>most memorable fan-favourite characters are a busty jewess, an old white man and a nerdy black guy
based Schur making the star trek of this generation

Ted danson and kirsten bell, im all over this combo!
NOT!

kbell is in vmars now

Good
Fuck you Ted

Attached: 1200px-Larry_David_at_the_2009_Tribeca_Film_Festival_2.jpg (1200x1680, 265K)

It's been the best comedy on television during its entire run. Better for it to end on a planned note than to drag it out.

Yea Forums hates it because muh anti-diversity, but the show was really well-crafted and full of cleverness not seen since Arrested Development. Bon voyage.

>tripfagging
>reddit spacing
>s0i slag
Fuck off you fucking faggot, leave

Fuck off, this isn’t your personal blog

I enjoy it. But the show is not "clever". Chidi's entire character and his philosophy is the equivalent of a christian dying and going to Valhalla and still being a die-hard fundamentalist christian

isn't this the site where I upload cuck videos of your mom?

;)

i thought originally it was a 3 season show, I trust the dude to end it on a good note but yeah S2 is peak good place but i'm looking forward to 4 all the same

it's not like an outright terrible show or anything but all the characters are fucking annoying and i got sick of them like 3 episodes into season 2

blow it out your ass

>isn't a typical show where the goal is to do it as long as we can and as many episodes as we can
I didn't like the show but I respect anyone working in television who recognizes this.

Narratives need a timely ending.

It's fucking annoying that we got maybe 2-3 episodes of evil Ted Danson then he randomly went to being his fake persona for real.

>Tahini's actress is even more annoying than her character

At least she'll fade to obscurity again after this.

The show is mediocre and brought down by the constant moralizing.

It had a nice first season, decent second, but even in that second season it gradually went to shit as the characters became so flanderized. They're not that fascinating a set of characters and aren't particularly funny.

holy fuck this has to be sarcasm

>YIKES
that's a problematic oof, sweetheart.

Whos the out of place black nerd in the middle ?

>Narratives need a timely ending.
The greatest thing that fiction that give us is closure and completeness I think, as I find that no life will ever be finished or fullfilled (note, not "fullfilling" but fullfilled)
you could become a great chef and tell yourself that is the life for you, but how would you know if you never dedicated the amount of time needed to become proficient at everything else, be it soccer, philosophy, programming, gardening, and on and on.

But that's just me.
Dare I to ask?

Never even heard of it til now. The only thing on NBC I know about is This Is Us and Dateline.

Hand't really thought of why half of season 2 and all of season 3 didn't really keep me interested and that's probably it.

The characters are weak and the writers care a whole lot more about them than the audience does. The romance stuff is shit and forced and the characters are paper thin.

The stuff that's funny is all the absurd stuff, not the character focused stuff.. Heck the Trolley problem episode made me laugh harder than any show has made me laugh before.

nice bait

Tranny.

She's outspoken in a really irritating, self absorbed way.

She gets a load of press on a bunch of issues she 'campaigns' about but you read the issues and realiise everything she talks about are things she doesn't like when it involves her.

Diet shakes should be banned because she was a model and was pressured not to be fat! You shouldn't critisize Asians who want to darken or lighten their skin because she likes doing it. She campaigns about abortion, she had an abortion.

There's a selfish motivation about everything she talks about.

Well that's disappointing, I suppose is better to separate the art from the artist in this case.

I support boobies.

Attached: 5F341238878345AFB3F46C0149F135384323600003BDA0D0A93D3.jpg (739x673, 132K)