The “Spider-Verse” of 2019?

Will this be the movie that BTFO’s Disney for Best Animated Feature?

Attached: 268C038B-5AF8-409F-BF2A-50E40A189634.jpg (461x650, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7HtdfhJVLJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No but this will btfo marvel disney

Attached: IMG_20190625_042341.jpg (1080x607, 78K)

Your Name but it's raining XD

fucking anime shithead go back to a you bitch

No anime is going to win unless it pulls a Spirited Away and gets released in the US by a major distributor.

It’s being released by GKIDS. They always get nominated.

Nominated is different from winning. Spirited Away won because it had Weinstein behind it.

Never forget: cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

>Voter #5: I only watch the ones that my kid wants to see, so I didn’t see [The] Boxtrolls but I saw Big Hero 6 and I saw [How to Train Your] Dragon [2]. We both connected to Big Hero 6 — I just found it to be more satisfying. The biggest snub for me was Chris Miller and Phil Lord not getting in for [The] Lego [Movie]. When a movie is that successful and culturally hits all the right chords and does that kind of box-office — for that movie not to be in over these two obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw [an apparent reference to the Japanese film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, as well as the Irish film Song of the Sea]? That is my biggest bitch. Most people didn’t even know what they were! How does that happen? That, to me, is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.

These are the people voting for Best Animated Feature. Until they're replaced by the generations who have actually grown up watching anime it will never stand a chance.

Get Del Taco to shill for Shinkai and it’ll win.

Attached: 5247DBFD-606A-42AC-BF99-42ABD685EB71.jpg (750x485, 170K)

Spider-Verse was always going to win. No other film stood a chance except maybe Isle of Dogs and even that would have been an upset.

he got fucked out of his nom for Your Name already. only japanimations that get oscar nods are Disney-backed Ghibli releases.

Those two were the only films worth their salt last year.

>only japanimations that get oscar nods are Disney-backed Ghibli releases
This was neither backed by Disney nor made by Ghibli and it was nominated.

Attached: 3FBDBC40-211B-4E6A-89BF-DAEA06BF8CBD.jpg (1200x901, 107K)

Why did they choose that over Your Name or Silent Voice?

>he got fucked out of his nom for Your Name already
That was Funimation’s fault. GKIDS will no doubt give TnK a better awards campaign.

Because it was cute and comfy?

Attached: D0F7FB81-E159-459B-900F-61F7E5AE0FFA.jpg (1600x900, 192K)

Unlike reddit-verse, this movie features actual animation with no SJW overtones.

Almost every Mamoru Hosoda film is very mediocre at best, desu.

Never. Oscars are jews masturbating other jews.

>sjw overtones

rent-free, incel

idk, I feel like mirai was probably his weakest film to date.

rack to beddit, dilate

>incel

Attached: zed92.png (1159x665, 231K)

Wolf Children was his swansong. he'll never be that good again.

I hope it's at least half as good as Your Name

Delete yourself from the genepool or have sex, either way, stop posting and ruining my board

>stop posting and ruining my board
youtube.com/watch?v=7HtdfhJVLJU

Attached: -w.png (437x465, 225K)

And still better than both Incredibles 2 and Ralph Breaks the Internet.

>and Ralph Breaks the Internet.
Anything is better than Ralph 2.

When will it air and where will I be able to watch it?

Let me guess, a boy and girl will meet and have a romantic connection only for it end with them tragically splitting apart and never seeing each other again, just like all his garbage movies

Your name didn't end like that, it was set up like that so it was surprising for once.

But it still roughly follows the same, tiresome Shinkai formula of pedantic romance shit because the guy's a creatively bankrupt hack.

It’s on the poster

No. Best Animated Feature is literally just "the dumb CGI movie my kids/grandkids liked". No memes, this is gathered from actual anonymous confessionals from Oscar voters.

But if critics pressure the Academy they could give it the Oscar. Everyone thought Incredibles 2 would win until Spidey came out.

Also, it’ll be 2020, the year of the Tokyo Olympics. Japan will be really trendy next year...

>Japan will be really trendy next year...
So? Even if Hollywood does pander to them next year, it'll just come off as another act of typical SJW racial pandering for just that ONE year alone.

As long as Disney loses I don’t care.

>As long as Disney loses
They can't. Too big to fail.

They just lost this year’s Oscars.

But it's a free advertisement for their upcoming Spiderman film, so they still win.

>They just lost this year’s Oscars.
Why? Because of Spiderverse?
Nigger, lemme break it down for you:
>Into the Spiderverse
>distributed by Sony
>licensed to Sony from Marvel Studios
>Marvel Studios is owned by Disney
>Disney grants permission for extra affiliates to utilize Marvel assets, AKA Fox with X-men/Deadpool/Fantastic Four & Sony with Spider-Man, but only as long as Disney gets a huse cut of the profit and credit is associated with them at all times
>Sony and Fox enter agreement regardless of how they own distribution rights; cut of profits link back to Marvel and, through them, Disney
Case in point, Disney, through Sony, won with Spiderverse due to where the profit gets directly traced back to, regardless. That's basic capitalism for you. Deal with it. The only non-Disney shit were Mirai and Isle of Dogs.

Attached: zed98.jpg (600x600, 48K)

Wouldn’t “Isle of Dogs” technically be Disney as well (through Fox Searchlight)?

....shit, you're right. Although that was before the merger closed. In any case, Mirai's the only non-Disney film, then.