Shazam! (2019)

Why was this completely average film rated so highly, Yea Forums?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 11.37.57 AM.png (1508x644, 585K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BzToUIXngim/
youtube.com/watch?v=6oKPqGplRsE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why isn't my opinion universal?

Attached: crunch crunch.jpg (647x556, 68K)

I NAME THE SHITPOSTS DOCTOR, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

Attached: MrMindPepe.png (386x448, 37K)

It's still better than any MCU

Unironically better than almost any comic book film in the last decade.

Really?

The casting of the main guy is unappealing, he can be handsome if you put his name in the google images, but those must have been old photos. Or maybe its just costume/makeup/hair. Anyway, you can not have 40 years old unappealing main character. These movies are suppose to be fantasy and no one wants to look like that.

It was seriously strange how different and dark it was, almost R rated and then there are suppose to be jokes. It did not feel mixed well. Also jokes were so few and apart... you cant even make memes from that movie.

I was kinda expecting low key good shit, instead it was 4/10 movie.

What did he mean by this?

Attached: Shazam.2019.BDRip.x264.Rus.Eng.stalkerok.New-Team.mkv_snapshot_01.40.10_[2019.06.30_21.56.50].jpg (1108x464, 285K)

>completely average
It was total garbage, which was even worse. I expected something good especially coming off Aquaman actually was good
Just as bad as MCU capeshit
Unironically one of the worst in the last decade which is really saying something

>adults scare me
>you cant even make memes from that movie
You need to be at least 18 to post on this site.

All of Mark Strong's paycheck went into getting him to say the line "Outlook not so good."

I loved the "fuck her right in the pussy" reference

It was better than average though. Best capeshit in at least a decade.

Because it's fun.

>this mentally deficient

why does it have to be a comedy?

Most capeshit is shit. Stay mad marvelfag.

I’m a DCfag, but Shazam was awful.

Shazam and Detective Pikachu both had more comedy, great, and soul than anything Disney had put out in the last decade.

Snyderfags do find it awful because it's cute and joyful

Because the lead actor was non-white.
There, I said it.

Because Shazam is originally a funny character DUH

He is white

Because it was a good movie? It was an old fashioned hero film in the vein of the Donner Supermans and especially the Raimi Spider-Man films. It was light and fun like an MCU film but handled drama, character and emotion and heart in a genuine manner without constant quips in every scene. It was a bit goofy and campy without being cynical and making fun of themselves like a marvel film. The action was kinda lame but the story and characters carried the film.

instagram.com/p/BzToUIXngim/

Average indeed but still top 3 capeshits of the decade

he is white and Christian according to his Wikipedia and EthniCelebs

I don't really get why it got such good reviews either. It was boring, the characters weren't interesting, some of the jokes were black panther tier, and there was little in the way of action. There just wasn't any one particular thing in the movie I can call to and say was particularly interesting. Aquaman had some fantastic cinematography and did a great job being a fun action movie and I had hopes that shazam would continue improvement but it just wasn't there.

It's below average. In fact, it's fucking shit

>that zoom into his face when he's at the foster home and says "What a shithole"

Reminder that Donner's Superman and Raimi's Spider-Man would be hated by cynical edgelords and braindead marvelfags if they were released today
youtube.com/watch?v=6oKPqGplRsE

Attached: Freddy unfinished deleted scene.webm (960x400, 2.44M)

Because boomers like you don't rate movies

Attached: tenor(2).gif (390x330, 1.03M)

>Pedro's goal is to get swole
>he's just fat
lmao gottem

Attached: rip faceapp.jpg (284x323, 38K)

It's a simple children story with universal appeal that harkens back to simpler super hero movies. It's not about saving the world or a massive fight with a grapefuit god who can kill everything in the universe, it's a simple wholesome story about being heroic and saving people, y'know, the hero part of super hero.

I was surprised they used the Queen song though

Not sure about Raimi's Spider-Man, but you're definitely right about Donner's Superman. There was a thread about it not too long ago where some dumbass was going off on the movie because it's too corny and Superman reversing time doesn't make any sense and Lex Luthor is too silly.

the zoomers that say it's a masterpiece only say it to fit in

Ugh I guess today a movie like The Dark Knight would be considered bad ("muh it's not light and fun")

>Batman is totally the same as Superman, Spider-Man and Shazam

Attached: Justice League.jpg (780x523, 67K)

They're right though, it is. Superman is the best Superhero movie ever made

>Thats a cute outfit, fag. Did your fag husband make it for you when he was taking a break from pounding your ass like the degenerate sinful fag you are?
You're right, this movie wouldn't do very well in today's culture

Attached: wholesome-memes-will-make-your-soul-smile-21-photos-10.jpg (600x993, 116K)

Attached: Shazam.1.webm (1718x720, 3M)

Attached: Shazam.2.webm (1194x500, 2.99M)

too bad it had to be updated for modern sensibilities

Attached: 2084.jpg (1419x593, 264K)

Attached: Shazam.3.webm (1194x500, 3M)

Attached: Shazam.4.webm (1718x720, 2.97M)

Attached: Shazam.5.webm (1920x804, 2.99M)

Every Shazam hate thread turns into a love thread

Attached: Shazam! (2019) Movie Deleted scene[7].webm (960x400, 2.95M)

CHADZAM!!!

Average is rare in this age of shit

Maybe he passes for """white""" in America, but the dude ain't white.

Funny how almost every good moment in the movie was in the trailer, and the rest was underwhelming. Which was a shame, I really wanted to like the movie, I liked Chuck back in the day and was psyched for it but it was a let down for me. Obviously I'm not really the target audience, being almost 30 but the childishness of it was at times hard to stomach. I hoped he would get his shit together and actually be a hero faster as well.
In general I find superhero origin stories to be pretty boring, trite almost. It was nice when he got together with his new family in the end though.

a lot of those things weren't in the trailers
also
>trailers use a lot of the good stuff from the movie
no shit

Keep trying, MCUcuck.

I don't dispute you there, but at the same time not all of those webms were that great either.
I don't know what DC has in store for Shazam/Captain Marvel, but it's a shame the justice league went to shit because i'd really wanna see a continuation of the story where he's at least slightly more mature and competent.
Also isn't he supposed to have gotten the wisdom of Solomon, why is he acting like such a dipshit if he has that power? Or is that something he has to summon forth/access somehow?

This is cult behaviour, you realize that right? I actually prefer the DC movies. They're usually not that successful, but at least they're interesting failures. Glad to see Aquaman doing so well though, I thought it was great. The only shitty thing was Nicole Kidman with her horrendous botox skinwalker face, she is offputting as hell nowadays.

This is the 2nd underwhelming DC movie Yea Forums or DC shills convinced me to watch. First Aquaman now this. I thought it was just the movie "Big" starring Tom Hanks but about becoming a super hero.

5/10 download-watch-delete

Attached: 1003344407.jpg (1200x795, 134K)

see

This, but the oppossite.

Attached: this user is delusional.png (900x676, 410K)

Captain marvel was better

I thought that it was slightly above average. I think it's a solid B+.

What I dont get is why the kid actor played serious and when he turned into shazam he was a walking quip

Nah, that movie was aggravating, this was just underwhelming.

>letter grading

Attached: 1557683269783.jpg (218x231, 4K)

Good point

Why? Zoomers love Queen

Who doesn't like Queen?

Get fucked snyderfag lmao

contrarian fags, that's who

easily the best dceu film tbqh

I loved em in Wayne's World. They're not cool anymore IMO.

good thing you're not a 13 year old girl being constrained by what's deemed cool or not then, friend

Based
Cringe

Not gonna lie, I'd adopt that 17 year old girl in an instant and fuck her brains out daily in a sexdungeon. Fuck she was hot

Look at the average, Dr Strange has a better rating and it doesn't come close to something like Guardians, also critics like when a film has its own personality/feels fresh so that adds.