Is Boardwalk Empire any good? Overrated?

Is Boardwalk Empire any good? Overrated?

Attached: board.jpg (1000x750, 84K)

Underrated if you ask me.

Even though they had to rush the last season because of severe budget cuts the ending was still beautiful.

first two season are worth. rest varies from reddit to trash

I've started rewatching it for the third time some days ago.
It's fine.

Biggest problems to me is the fact that the show does not have anything to say.
It's the embodiment of the "STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE" meme.

Also the dialogue can be laughable.
Other than that, like i said, it's fine.

It's OK. I enjoyed the first 2 seasons when they aired. Struggled to get back into it when I tried a few years later when it finished. It's nothing spectacular. My favourite characters died pretty early so I wasn't left with much of interest to be honest.

It's a period drama and it captures the fabric of history very well, in my opinion. Also definitely the best depiction of a WW1 vet anywhere in media.

underrated. would've been bigger if GOT hadn't been airing at the same time. it peaks in season 3 but the whole thing is worth watching.

pretty much this, but you can say that about any series made in the last 10 years thanks to the cutthroat way shows are produced

> depiction of a WW1 vet
I mostly liked the series but this part in particular was corny.

Underrated if anything. It's not an easy show to appreciate (and I don't mean that in the "tbf you have to have a high IQ" sense). It's a very meandering kind of storytelling

its alright for the first two seasons then it seems like everyone involved got very bored of the show and didn't know what to do with it

Broadwalk Empire or Peaky Blinders? Which is better?

Yep, they were being killed by Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Game of thrones. They also lost some good characters/actors and the show felt pretty empty after that.

why don't you just enjoy both shows instead of forcing a competition. what do you need your power fix of the illusion of choice?

>TO THE LOST
did it peak here?

have sex

Attached: Peaky4.jpg (2000x3000, 1.12M)

It's good. Never undestand James fags and "first two seasons only" but that happens when series is not nice to characters.

Last season was rushed for Vinyl :D

>6
all is good. season 3 supreme

Attached: gyp-rosetti.jpg (500x280, 123K)

Boardwalk had me hooked episode 1. Peaky blinders after 3 episodes I realised I didn't even know anyone's names. I was drinking a lot at that time though.

I'm drunk.

Which to watch first?
Have love

Loved Season 1 and 2. At the end of 2 something big happened, and it wasn't the same for me. 3 was good, 4 was disappointing because of that boring villain. I liked the rushed 5th season though(especially the ending), despite some big flaws.

Fuck you for not including Arnold Rothstein

not him but they're similar and he doesn't have time for them both. I don't see a problem with his post. I'm also interested but the difference is I watched BWE.

I remember by the time BWE was losing steam anons were mentioned this new show. It seems to have its own fanbase and I doubt that they ran it to the ground like they did with Boardwalk.

Is good until Season 3
There are no more seasons afterwards.

Best boys. Jimmy saved the first two and Richard saved 3 and 4. There was no one to save 5.

Attached: f410bbab0a97803e7c71aaa6960b3a9c.jpg (500x398, 37K)

Attached: tumblr_mahp94XZO51qgylido1_r1_500.gif (500x281, 902K)

Jimmy's girl in Chicago was lovely. Can't help but feel pity for her.

Gyp Rosseti made season 3 be the best of the show

Attached: gyp-rosetti.png (500x491, 260K)

It's great. Acting and writing are good, and the period is captured quite realistically. It does start to get weaker from the third season on. Last season is the worst because it was clearly rushed, but it's still worth watching.

Attached: boardwalk12_57.jpg (720x480, 98K)

That based guy should have been in more movies.
And more main roles.

I liked it. Jimmy Darmody is my spirit animal.

this gentleman is an interloper.

You've brought some color to my day, Mr. Thompson

>that nigga almost played The Crow
Brandon Lee breathed a sigh of relief beyond the grave

Overrated as fuck
Vinyl was the patrician choice.

Attached: bobby-cannavale-vinyl_osagbj.jpg (680x440, 53K)

>Well, well, well, look who's leaving him room and joining his familia for lunch!

What do you do, Yea Forums

Attached: 137.png (720x404, 276K)