So, I finally gave in and watched this. It's almost as bad as people make it out to be, but not quite. Yes...

So, I finally gave in and watched this. It's almost as bad as people make it out to be, but not quite. Yes, Muhdragons is horribly miscast, as is Kyle Reese on steroids, but I really liked Jason Clarke as John Connor, despite the fact that I personally think evil John was a monumentally bad idea. Didn't like the Skynet app angle either, but I can see what they were going for. Also, I have to say, the future war stuff was fucking superb. Which isn't surprising, considering the majority of the CGI budget was obviously spent on that, as well as the Arnie vs Arnie battle. As a whole, the movie's definitely better than that shitfest Salvation, and I think I might even rank this above T3 too. I'm still mad we're never gonna find out who sent Pops back in time now that the sequel is 100% dead, but at the same time I'm kind of okay with it? It's cool to leave some questions unanswered sometimes, you know? Worst marketing of all time, though, what with the poster itself being a giant fucking spoiler and all. C+ for effort. Thoughts?

Attached: Terminator-Genisys-poster-final.jpg (900x1405, 231K)

Series just needs to end. Stop making them.

>Thoughts?

I have no recollection of this movie.

Maybe when people stop watching them

Also, the Chink-1000 reviving the broken T-800 with a drop of itself was pretty fucking neat.

As a goofy fanservice movie, this is pretty great. The perfect way to end a franchise. Kinda silly that they thought they'd make sequels, though.

I think it was shit but I don’t like T2 either.

>but I don’t like T2 either
Care to elaborate? I get that some people prefer the low budget sci-fi slasher vibe of the first one as opposed to the balls to the wall action of T2, but I think they're both great movies, and the latter evolved very organically on all fronts. Especially Sarah's story arc.

Salvation was not perfect, but it nudged the franchise in a fresh direction. Thanks to your bitching we'll never get the future war movie everyone fucking wants, instead we'll get more time travel bullshit for the foreseeable future. Thanks a lot bro.

I like the first movie more because there's no good guy terminator

also salvation had some bitching visuals
it was pretty decent sci fi action movie but pretty shit terminator sequel
still better than 3 and 5

I get where you're coming from, my man. but Salvation was a legitimately bad movie. Not even Bale could save it. It manages to be both bland and boring, despite some arguably cool visuals. It's horribly paced, the characters are a bunch of wet blankets, it's got a more forgettable color palette than fucking Gears of War, the score is uninspired, and it's a very clear example of why that future war movie we all want doesn't work in general. At least not like this. Plus, there's only ever been one project that McG was ever involved with that was actually good, and that's The OC.

>chinks
>people
pick one

>Salvation was a legitimately bad movie
(You)

I've only seen the first two movies.
There was no reason to make the second one.

What's with the T2 hate, all of a sudden? It's legitimately one of the best movies of the '90s. Was it 100% necessary? No. Would we be perfectly fine with just T1 in our lives? Sure, But did T2 turn out much better than expected and ended up being regarded as a masterpiece? You bet your ass it did. I'm not saying you have to like it, I just don't get the hate. It literally came out of nowhere.

I actually liked Genisys a lot. Felt it worked the best while staying in the realm of how we know the ‘Terminator’ series.
Never did care about the future war, I felt like a lot of it is best left to imagination.

I am glad to see the return of Linda Hamilton as Sarah Conner in Terminator: Dark Fate.
Very few actresses put as much effort into preparing for a role. I'm glad to see Arnie instead of CGI Arnie as well. Imma gonna get my popcorn ready for this.
Pic not related, I just like it.

Attached: Terminator.jpg (565x809, 145K)

>being excited for LGBT-1000

>LGBT-1000
kek

I can tell (You) aren't into reading comprehension, faglord.
I never said I was "excited". You made that up so you could justify being a dickhead.
Glad to see Linda and irl Arnie: yes, because the franchise has been going to Hell for quite some time.
It will be a popcorn movie, not likely kino. I'm going to watch it but I'm not wetting myself with anticipation.
Lurk moar, or go back to

Attached: Linda Hamilton in Terminator Dark Fate (2019).jpg (960x960, 265K)

I interpreted "Imma gonna get my popcorn ready for this" as you being excited. Was I wrong? Regardless, I'm always happy to see Linda and Arnie in pretty much anything, but I'm afraid they're getting the nuwars treatment here. They're just there to draw in the oldfag fanbase before promptly being cast aside so the new "characters" can dominate the spotlight. Also,
>being the first person in any thread to bring up /pol/
Rent free.

oh my dick is excited for makenzie, the only exciting thing about this movie

She's genuinely cute and likeable. Why did they have to lez her up for this?

>old and flabby Linda
That's sad. :(

i think it was not good but not terrible either

Attached: 1557349067516.jpg (996x1494, 207K)

>I don’t like T2 either
Get off this board

>the big twist is John Connor being a Terminator
>put in on the fucking poster
never go full retard.

>that poster is an obvious spoiler.
Arnie is literally crosseyed in it. No one gave a fuck about this movie, including the people making it. James Cameron fucked himself over twice with Terminator and Aliens by not planning for sequels / cinematic universability but by the time he figured it out, he was out of cool worldbuilding ideas, hence Avatar.

I like that they kind of poke fun that Emilia was miscast. She flinches firing guns and they're constantly making fun of her height.

Attached: terminatormugshots.webm (840x470, 1.29M)

It's quite possibly the worst miscast in Yea Forums history, right up there with Gadot and Larson.

also jai courtney thrown in for a good measure to seal the deal

I didn't mind him much in this, because he seemed like he was really trying.

Cute.

I'd really like a taping of the board meeting that led to that retarded decision.

Why would members of a Board of Directors want to decide shit like that? You'ld look like the biggest retard in front of your peers in no time. You just delegate the decision to others and then fire/blackball/sideline them when they fail like that retarded decision demonstrates. It's not like Hollywood functions like an organization where responsibility is enforced and you get canned because you were in charge and ultimately responsible. These are boomers. The point of the game is to take credit for all the success and disown the failure.

based