Just be yourself: The anime

Wow really deep, anime is for adults after all...

Attached: 1561874990144.png (1072x1600, 2.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=878jSaMBtxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Y-you just don't get it, brainlet.

Have sex

>Just believe in yourself: The anime
being yourself doesn't help when you hate yourself. the whole point of the anime is to stop hating yourself, not wallow in self created misery

youtube.com/watch?v=878jSaMBtxw

It's not really a "b urself" story. It's a "try even if it hurts" story.

Attached: 73888275_p0.jpg (1300x1200, 786K)

Misato best girl

No, it is not.

It literally is you fucking moron. They say it almost verbatim.

>Just be yourself
Not really
>try even if it hurts
This is what I got out of it

1. They don't.
2. That a story pretends to have a certain message doesn't mean that it actually teaches you that.

1. They do
2. Stop embarrassing yourself you absolute stupid nigger

Very convincing argument.

>Just be yourself
That wasn't really the point.
In fact, the characters being themselves is why they're hurting.

If I got anything out of eva, it's and that everyone is 'lonely' in their own way, and is actually a sort of driving force for their being. But at the same time, refuse to solve this problem directly because they don't

>I am completely retarded - the post
can't expect more from a netflix morob

>can't produce an argument
>ask for arguments to rebutt his trash
Man that must really suck being retarded

The message he claims that the story has simply doesn't exist verbatim or otherwise. If he claims it does he should provide evidence.
>That a story pretends to have a certain message doesn't mean that it actually teaches you that.
Do you disagree with that statement? If so provide reasons why.

>please do my work for me
lmao lazy fat ass
>That a story pretends to have a certain message doesn't mean that it actually teaches you that.
Do you agree with that statement? Please explain why.
Do you think NGE is all about 'just b urself'? Please provide quotes and justifications.
It must really suck being a retard my fucking god.

Attached: Anime_is_for_faggots.webm (400x286, 731K)

this is good wtf

It's good, what do you want?

I can't prove that something doesn't exist. I can tell you what does exist. The pain that you refer to is the pain of accepting yourself. The story doesn't deal at all with general feelings of aspiration and failure but is rather entirely focused on interpersonal relationships.
>Do you think NGE is all about 'just b urself'?
No. I agree with . The show is about learning to love yourself i.e. "take care of yourself" etc. There is plenty of dialogue referring to this especially in later episodes and EoE so being as knowledgeable as you are you should know all of it by heart.

>That a story pretends to have a certain message doesn't mean that it actually teaches you that

Attached: 1534317515651.jpg (477x397, 33K)

It's better than most Netflix original animes.

fucking zoomers watching this shit for the first time because they saw it on netflix

kill yourselves

>blablabla I can't provide quotes and arguments, nor write anything with actual meaning but I swear I'm right
What a shock, nobody cares
Yes the show is about learning yourself, it's also about trying even if it hurts and not shitting yourself down, because that's how you learn to love yourself.
But I'm sure you have some more meaningless semantics to disagree with that, so you can stick them in your assbecause I don't even want to bother with it. Don't pretend to be a moron next time and make your point right from the start, or just shut the fuck up, you'll save everyone some time.

Fucking this for fuck's sake.
At least last time there was an influx of Eva threads it was thanks to sephirotic making the ultimate NGE release with actual good subs in several languages, color correction and a new good translation for eoe
But the fucking butchered netflix edit... Fucking retarded normalfags. Netflix is spoonfeeding garbage to morons.

>NOOOO YOU CAN'T ENJOY THE SAME THING I ENJOY UNLESS YOU ENJOY IT THE SAME WAY AS I DID FUCK YOUUUUU

Attached: cd7.png (630x384, 190K)

Yeah. I'm disgusted by Netflix and its braindead zapping principle. It's modern television, and still for retards. Don't be sad to be one, you reddit immigrant, long ago Yea Forums(and Yea Forums as a whole) was paradoxically for people who hated television and actively searched for and found their media and culture on general on the internet
the complete opposite of netflix who spoonfeeds you whatever flavor of the month trash they want
I don't see anything wrong with being disgusted by Yea Forums users who find and consume their media exclusively this way, they are exactly the kind of 'people' who had no business being on Yea Forums in the first place.
So go fuck yourself.

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you your average weeb

>look at me I'm a redditor soi addled faggot and I love cocks
Tell us something we don't know

I can tell you what sex feels like if you'd like

No I don't need a vivid picture of you getting your ass repeatedly pounded, thank you

fuck off retard

I pirated it like an adult.

Have sex (with adults please)

>I have nothing funny or interesting to say but I must post
Is there anything worse than normalfags. Don't you have something to watch on netflix, shit to upvote on reddit or your facebook to update? Anything that would rid us of your stupidity?

>Is there anything worse than normalfags
Yes, jaded faggots like yourself. Literally get it over with already loser

Get over what, you mongoloid?

>giant Kaiju fights
>some bullshit philosophy with a Japanese view of Roman Catholic religion

>”waaaaah daddy dont love me, im some emo fuck who doesnt wanna pilot a cool ass mech” is the focus

Attached: stop watching anime.webm (774x420, 2.9M)

No one above the mental age of 13 can get invested in cartoon robot fights

Anyone who doesn't understand how Shinji feels is fortunate enough to not have any daddy or mommy issues, or worse yet, both kinds. I grew up with Evangelion, I'm invested in the story and the franchise. I care a lot about them, even if the rebuilds are a hot mess. I recently bought the laserdiscs for wall art. I don't understand why you guys can't just innocently love something or frankly dislike an anime or it's fandom instead of being sarcastic about it. Going into Netflix adaptation, I think everyone who knew I loved Evangelion thought I'd have some strong opinion of it but in truth, I don't care, hopefully people will enjoy it.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1117, 405K)

You didn't get it.
Go back to episode 1 and try again

I'm not being sarcastic. I watched NGE for the first time a few days ago (I'm 25) and I didn't really care about the fights. It even seemed gimmicky to have a battle every single episode. What I'm saying is, if you eliminated the psychological aspect of the show I would drop it after like 3 episodes. But like this it was amazing, I can definitely see why some people go apeshit about it.

One of the best things about it (I just realized after re-watching it for the first time since it came out) are some of the shots. As just one example: the moment Shinji comes face-to-face with his father for the first time in years on accident when the elevator door opens and Gendo just happens to be standing there right across from Shinji. The shot is "taken" from the ground so you see both their chins directed at each other. It's little things like that that you won't get in a "normal" anime. Shit's amazing.

The battles and stuff are an intentional subversion of traditional mecha anime. You have to consider the original context NGE came out in. It originally appeared to be a totally normal show about robots which quickly goes off the rails. Kids watched it under the assumption it was just another cartoon. Lots of beats are intentional curve balls like the giant robots being living organisms. The original run caused a feeling of unease and panic like things were spiraling out of control.

I'd rather die than do it with you