How do you stop it?

how do you stop it?

Attached: F2392CB5-55B2-45C6-B336-3AA722444896.jpg (780x1170, 118K)

nuclear holocaust

With a flame thrower you idiot. Watch the movie

It's pretty well stablished that fire kills it

I like to think that it was just fucking with them and they were all infected to begin with. Alien shitposting

explosive blast trauma
fire
electricity(if you go by the old movie)

>send a few transgenderfags to kill it
>it turns into trans
>kills it self

nuke it from orbit
its the only way to be sure

Attached: gaze.gif (426x240, 181K)

Sex. Have it

can aids kill aylmaos?

What if the Thing were a cute little girl and just wanted to be with her crush, but got insanely jealous of human girls approaching her man?

Attached: dumb idea.png (222x211, 3K)

Send a Terminator back in time and kill the first Thing.

Do the people who get thinged know they are part of the thing before they turn into monsters?

Attached: 312.jpg (561x265, 43K)

Yes. But they are immune to HIV so they need direct aids. By sex.

I don't think so. The thing spreads exponentially throughout the body so the host is essentially replaced long before the disguise is blown.

SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING SINGLES OR I ROAST YOU ALIVE

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-29 the thing blood test - Google Search.png (1192x502, 1.15M)

I think the question being asked is whether the thing literally assimilates the consciousness or just manipulates it.

They don't know they are the Thing until its cover is blown and it goes apeshit. In other words, you'd be walking down the street and all of a sudden your face is fusing with the neighbor's dog and you're wondering what the hell is going on.

Oh fug

Hey Mac, it's me! Dont roast me, in clean. I event tested my blood, look!

No burn pls. Get this guy

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-29 the thing yeah fuck you too - Google Search.png (500x500, 295K)

It seems more manipulative since the fakes don't seem so surprised of themselves that they're a monster when it's time to thing out.
All the transformations seem very deliberate and controlled, minus the defibrillator belly mouth scene which was a reaction to being electrocuted.

The power of love.

I like to think that the thing takes control when it needs to

The thing is unstoppable. Once it reaches populated areas it'll infect the entire world within a couple of years.

Shit son

5G towers

really? because the two faced monster was burned and brought back to the american camp and it was still alive on some level

Look at Palmer's face whenever he is about to be tested.

Attached: 1551124556988.png (333x311, 7K)

I had a dream about this movie last night and thought that fire killed it so we tried doing that

me too him

IM SAFE

Where's the Yea Forums dubs guy?
I haven't seen a thread up these past few days.
I sure hope he didn't bail on us after all that hard work.

Attached: 1561581337329.jpg (1080x1080, 1.44M)

wow antisemite much?!

im human

>thing takes over food factory worker
>as it absorbs other workers, it's putting a bit of itself into food goods being shipped across the country
>ez thing victory without much hassle.

Attached: hmmmmm.gif (220x206, 84K)

i for one enjoy my time among brothers and togetherness, knowing you have my back

I got nothing to be afraid of, honest.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-29 the thing flamethrower - Google Search.png (600x255, 201K)

hurry!

end me pls

I'm just an ordinary human being.

>88

I'm not the thing but can you cook me anyway? I've had enough desu

I'm clean

Attached: dfgh.png (516x568, 461K)

bros i dont feel so well i feel like ive lost some parts of myself

The only assimilation we see is Bennings. This "you can be turned one cell at a time" theory has no basis in the film beyond Blair's presentation.
When you are assimilated you are killed and replaced at the same time at the cellular level, it doesn't mean one Thing cell could turn you.

Which dead made you the most upset? For me its Windows

the dog

*gulp*

Press the pause button on your player.

Attached: MacReady_lr_2048x2048.jpg (1000x1332, 239K)

If it got to any populated area you don't, the world if fucked.

What I like about the Thing is that it's a movie where the characters had to be aware of the creature before it gets going or they wouldn't stand a chance, whereas most films like a zombie film where people shot at the torso require most people remain ignorant until the end.

Nauls and Garry, just because they almost made it.

OH NO MAC ITS ME DONT YOU RECOGNIZE ME

Attached: sweat5.jpg (960x1231, 167K)

I'm not the thing.

Attached: based garry.jpg (644x368, 51K)

ask it politely to stop. Its established that the thing is intelligent, but nobody ever tried to negotiate with it.

how do you do, fellow humans?

Now that we've established I'm not the Thing, will somebody please UNTIE ME FROM THIS GOD DAMNED CHAIR

Burnt on the outside, raw on the inside. The fire kills whatever part of the Thing the fire touches. It's doesn't spread through the rest of the body like a poison.

Don't you dare point that flamethrower at me!

Attached: 1521148270356.jpg (437x431, 28K)

do you guys like swamp thing

Attached: swamp THING.webm (800x360, 2.93M)

With a firm handshake and job offer.

Attached: boomer.png (680x585, 160K)

Hey man take it easy, we're all human here.

Get me off this fucking couch!

hey bros, i sweat really a lot somehow, could you let me of this chair pls thatd be great thanks

Attached: always pepe.jpg (750x375, 47K)

>DURRR HOW DO U KNO IF UR THE THING OR NOT
Why are these adhd riddles retards in every thread? They clearly explain that the thing kills a person before they assimilate them, did you even watch the fucking movie?

Attached: 1523766881762.jpg (480x480, 49K)

so, are you the thing or not?

Why are Thing threads so comfy? It's literally just one movie but it inspires the same amount of discussion that a whole series usually does. OK, yes, there's two other films, a book and a video game, but they're hardly mentioned. All the threads literally revolve around the one movie. Is it the truest of kino?

You leave well enough alone and don't dig it up out of the ice at all.

Nope, fire only slows it down. While I think it's fair to assume that fire kills individual cells/neutralizes a larger "gestalt" organism, all it needs to get going again is a bit of thing-tissue and time.

because it very well might be the best movie ever made

Escape From New York and They Live are shit films

*shoots you*
trust me, he was the thing

27000 hours

That's exactly what it would do, yes, you are correct.

Even the original short story expressly treats the idea that if it touches one, just one organism which can make it off Antarctica, everything is fucked forever. In the short story the creature in the shed has made itself a jetpack, a la Blair's small saucer, and it was just about to take off. An albatross was flying above, nearby and they killed the thing just before it had an opportunity to assimilate the albatross and just fly away. In the story, the heroes survive and are well aware of how close they came to extinction.

Even they way the entire group stays together is smarter in the short story; everybody sleeps in turns and the entire group stays together so everyone can be watched at all times and nobody can be cornered. The one incongruous thing in the story is that the men manage to tear The Thing apart with their bare hands and somehow don't get infected, which just goes to the argument I was having with another stupid user earlier about how bloodborne pathogens weren't taken nearly as seriously (although of course doctors were aware of the hazard they posed) before AIDS. The story is fairly dated (1938) but this story detail just buttresses what I'd been saying to the retard who didn't even know the film itself.

Not him but I'll let you do the conversion. IIRC 27000 hrs is about 3 yrs.

It's the Citizen Kane of cinema

>perfect director at the top of his game
>ensemble cast, no weak performances
>kurt "the man's man" russell in his prime
>perfect score
kino indeed

This guys the thing! No one human can be this retarded!

Hello, I am a human

BURN IT BURN IT NOW

Attached: 1402440198176.jpg (900x900, 142K)

Well usually by closing the VLC media player when i finish it

I know I'm human

Well I know I'm human

Heh, my love for Tarantino films is proof of my humanity. Amirite guys?

Reminder: The Thing is the prequel to They Live and Escape from New York is the sequel after (((they))) have vacated a ruined corrupted Earth. Village of the Damned is a remake of an older film, yet also a defacto remake of The Thing, substituting ayy lmao for ironic Aryan youth. That is all for today's summer school lesson, class dismissed. /thread

I'm clean

Attached: 1499568054198.gif (352x240, 460K)

>the men manage to tear The Thing apart with their bare hands and somehow don't get infected
Doesn't it work like a blob monster in the book? Like, it has to really break you down to become you?

Fire cant kill a dragon

hello my fellow humans

Attached: 1538374809376.jpg (259x259, 48K)

This is pure nonsense. It doesn't prove a thing.

Here you go, boss. Just some singles.

Fuck you

The Thing is the boringest piece of shit ever created

>it doesn't mean one Thing cell could turn you.

From what we've seen I think this is the safest theory. If all it took was one cell, the dog thing could have shed a few cells of itself around the room when they were all gathered in the rec room and changed everyone. Don't forget the dogs in the kennel were also violently assimilated just like Bennings.

I'm too autistic to be an alien

By watching the movie DUH

Windows and Garry.Windows seemed so close to MacReady and he felt like a massive basedboy trying his absolute best to be useful in spite of his obvious shortcomings.Garry suffered through the entirety of the movie since nobody trusted him ,and when he was finally considered trustworthy again by like two people,he died in complete horror

Greetings I am a human just like you

Attached: Totally a human.webm (320x304, 219K)

I'm human

Attached: 1559746522729.png (617x480, 391K)

This thread got me reading about the movie and I found a thread on R*ddit with some interesting theories
>the movie is an analogy for the AIDs epidemic
>the movie is actually about a war between men and women for control of the planet and it ends in a stalemate
Also this one about Big Trouble in Little China
>Jack Burton isn't an idiot but drank so much at the start of the movie that he's hungover the entire time, which lead to him seeming like an incompetent buffoon
Post more The Thing (or other Carpenter-related) theories if you have them

You really think having sex with it would help? Seems risky to me.

This is proof all wojak posters should be executed, it's the only way to be sure.

CHILDS TORCH IT!!

Attached: 1484556114423.png (1155x880, 67K)

KILL THIS FUCKING THING

I've never seen this movie. Does it still hold up?

Yes. The practical effects look mostly better than CGI from LOTR which was 20 years later. Plus it’s set in the winter so it’s top comfy.

with cuteness
yes and there's like 5minutes worth of practical effects so it's not the most important thing.

Attached: fbi.gif (170x300, 628K)

You can get it on enhanced blu ray for less than $10 on Amazon. Do it.

What movie?

I doubt it

Attached: 1558475959569.png (651x559, 598K)

The Mummy (2017)

You wouldn't roast a guy with glasses?

Burn me

>could've got The Thing steelbook collector's edition at a Fye store before it closed for ~$30
>starts at over $40 on amazon
Is it even any good?

I uman bean

fug

I’m finna dab on the Thing

If it bleeds we can kill it.

Attached: Not from that fim tho.jpg (1920x1034, 665K)

Napalm

reddit

Paranoid.

>reddit not even denying it

All of your newfriend asses would be assimilated

>redditspacer outing himself

fuck you

Unlike Freddy and Jason, who avenge their murderous origins on the places where they occurred, Michael Myers' evil is inherent and arguably eternal. Why is this? Well let's examine Myers' surname. This is not a gentile surname. Like John Mayer, Meyers and Meyer are tribal.

No one in Hollywood would fund the original Halloween. Who did? Mustapha Akkad, who was rabidly anti-Israel and anti-"tribe." In fact Akkad took his big profits from the first two Halloweens to produce a big budget epic on the prophet Muhammad entitled The Messenger. Akkad was pissed at Hollywood's poor reaction to his dream project and double-downed by saying Zionists ran Hollywood. Akkad was later killed in a hotel explosion during a wedding overseas in an attack commonly attributed to Israeli Mossad and there is reason to believe he was the target. Look at how Hollywood trades wrote his obits, thanklessly and with chutzpah sarcasm.

Carpenter often used churches in his films and joked that his surname and initials were not dissimilar to Jesus Christ. Carpenter is arguably one of the only gentile auteurs to wage resiliently against the system, and working in genre films helped. Only when Carpenter couldn't get a big job and sorta aged out, did he begin to receive the respect he always deserved. This peaked when he gave the rights for Halloween to Jason Blum, who is a tribal zealot. Part of the implied deal was that Carpenter publicly decry the founded theory that They Live isn't just about Reagan capitalism but about the tribe itself. He did this on Twitter but as many noted then, his tweet had an irreverent wording that didn't negate the tribe's control over media and money, he simply said They Live isn't really about that.