Is this gonna be medieval kino?

Is this gonna be medieval kino?

Attached: 769F63A0-C255-414F-8A7F-C109F1830FE2.jpg (1080x1346, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

forvo.com/word/jan_žižka/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>english speaking actors
>czech names
I would like to see their pronunciation of the names. It's going to be funny, also the director never made anything that could be classified as kino. Otakar Vávra already made Žižka film which was good.

how did this of all things get the funding? is medieval czech history hot among american teens?

>full plate mail
>no gauntlets
Instant trash.

wait what is this?

No, but it’s hot among Czechs I figure

give me a quick rundown

Slav Cao Cao

slav Tormund on an adventure

The story seems bullshit. It says nothing about the Hussite Wars, there are no other famous medieval knights in the cast. It's like a fantasy movie build around one famous person.

>zizka

Attached: zabka.png (300x300, 41K)

That mail looks really good but those arrows raining on him are hunting arrows so maybe it's not.

>tfw Jan Žižka was a bro with Zawisza the Black and fought in the Battle of Grunwald

I finished Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena and I've never felt so empty. What a ride. I need more kino like those.

>Zawisza the Black
FUCKING ROACHES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: pepe helper gun.jpg (326x292, 20K)

how do I pronounce zizka? [zeez kuh]?

[Žižka]

It's easy if you possess the knowledge about soft consonants.

forvo.com/word/jan_žižka/
in slav languages, the letter i after z/s tends to make a retarded z/sheeee sound

fucking slav runes, they were given perfect latin and ruined it anyway

anthropoid was kinda okay

Its about the greatest general of the medievel era.

go fugg yourselb m8

Attached: vlad.jpg (469x469, 124K)

I haven't seen that one but the director of Anthropoid made Metro Manila which was quite good. Jákl didn't make anything that good. Ghoul is terrible. Kajínek is watchable at best.

>medieval czech

No such thing. Bohemia has been part of the HRE/germanic sphere for hundreds of years. Even when pan-slavists try to tell you otherwise the hard facts remain

What is your point exactly? You think czech people didn't exist? There were italians in hre too

i liked it, you might give it a watch
hypothetically better than our own czech movie about the same, which focused too much on relationships, on both cz and german sides, diluting the plot of the assassination itself too much

I basically gave up on Slovak and Czech films. Last one i saw was Trhlina because i liked Čiara but Trhlina was quite bad.

Literally who?

try witchhammer
forman is czech too

Attached: kladivo.jpg (768x432, 45K)

Yes, i love Czechoslovak New Wave. I was talking about newer films. It's a shame because Czechoslovak and then Czech and Slovak films have been quite good throughout the years but this decade it's just bad.

that is unfortunately true
you might want to try Bobule if you havent yet Grapes 2008
comfy chill kino, sequel optional

Attached: bobule.jpg (1200x900, 160K)

I have seen that, it's on TV constantly. Pretty comfy that's true.

One of the best generals in history. Invented tank tactics 500 years before the invention of the tank. Turned a rabble of Czech peasants into a superior fighting force. After he died his will stated that his corpse was to be flayed and the skin wrought into a war drum so even in death he could still match his men to victory.