Film school help

Im gonna be interviewed to see if I get into a film school and I wanna know what films I should watch/talk about that will impress the judges.

My favourite films are: Clockwork Orange, End of Evangelion, Chungking Express, Come and See. Is this enough?

Attached: 4be936e35d9934db5fb8479a74d679a5317b3121_full.jpg (184x184, 10K)

yes it's enough because you're in high school. those sound like high school filmbro movies. some college filmbros never age out of them. just see that you do

You're fine. That's more than enough.

Schools for fucking losers dont go

go to Yea Forums

Oldboy

For sure, I know these are basic and im starting to delve more into Bergman and other actual Kino. I definitely dont wanna have the same film taste in four years. I want to be able to evolve a bit.

I live in the middle of bum fuck nowhere, im mainly going to meet fellow film people. Its a cheap school in the capital so I hope I meet some cool people.

The type of movie doesn't matter as much as being passionate about them. The best thing you can do is mess with the settings and shoot random crap on a camera (a camera phone is fine for practice), and to look up a little background on types of shots and camera moves, and re-watch your favorite movies with that in mind
[Spoiler] Not Vidya [/Spoiler]

if you like animation, check out The Tragedy of Man or Az Ember Tragédiája in its native language. animation is hit or miss cause its either acknowledged as the art it is or dismissed as shit for children. The foreign and old angle might get your some hipster points though

also metal gear solid

Just make movies yourself dude, film school pretty much just helps to find other people to work with.

What are your career plans tho? You know you won't get to direct a movie just because you went to film school.

The Last of Us, God of War (2018), and the Uncharted series are all good films. I'd also recommend the old PlayStation 3 exclusive film Taladega Nights, it was THE reason to own the system when it came out back in 2006. Some other good movies recently have been Life is Strange and Gone Home; I'd recommend bringing up these if your interviewer is a lesbian. Godspeed user, hope you get in so we have more movies to play in the future!

Good taste in OP pics. Fantastic Planet is a great movie

Roller Blade Seven

Those aren't super obscure films and maybe a film school kid would roll their eyes at you or whatever but they're all good films. I think it's more important to be able to speak cogently about why you like the movies you like, and to show that you have a curious mind and are passionate about filmmaking. Keep watching new films try to watch one a day at least. It sounds like you're on the right path by going into directors and watching their filmographies and stuff. Keep it up user.
Try new things and don't be afraid of talking to people and making friends and helping others and asking for help. That's the most important part of film/art school.

Making a movie isn’t that easy, it’s incredibly time consuming and expensive. It’s good to try it out with whatever you have for practice and to better understand filmmaking, but you’re likely not going to make anything of decent quality and it’s not going to get you a career alone. The most ideal option is to make your own movies for practice and work as a PA on as many projects as you can, but if you’re not in LA, NYC, or ATL, it might be tough finding opportunities. Then, film school isn’t a bad option, just keep in mind.

I was hoping you'd say something like MGS4 so that this could be related to video games somehow.

take a look at the movies made by Edgar Wright and Akira Kurosawa. Also check out Every Frame a Painting on those guys.
still not vidya though

No one cares about your taste in films you retard.

Ill check these out, thanks.

Ive made a few student films, one last year, submitted it to a few local festivals, was rejected for being too weird.

I just want to make some films man. I dont expect to be the next big thing in the industry, i just hope to meet some cool people and have some fun in college making goofy B movies.

I think I can speak well and really passionately about films, the thing is I tend to ramble on quite a bit. Thanks for the advice.

BTW guys, I was supposed to post this in Yea Forums not Yea Forums, sorry. Im a dumbass, should I just restart this thread over there?

Why not study something that will get you job though.

Yeah, I’d start it on Yea Forums
Also don’t listen to this dude I just graduated from undergrad and changed my major 5 or 6 times because I couldn’t find anything that I actually enjoyed. Study what makes you happy, and there’s honestly tons of jobs in the industry, as long as you accept that you might not be a director handling huge projects

Watch Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain

Watch some French new wave, fassbinder, mike Leigh, Kiarostami, and some generally agreed upon good pulpy movie like shock corridor. Some of my favorites are to live and die in LA. Shoot the piano player, and the life and death of Colonel Blimp.

Watch everything made by Tarantino
Watch everything made by Quentin Dupieux
While watching a movie try to understand the composition of the shot, if you don't understand it's okay nobody really does anyway

Thanks man, Ill change to Yea Forums real quick. I just wanna do something in film, just to have a small name in the credits somewhere you know.

>Study what makes you happy
Yep follow this advice if you wanna be a barista lmao.

Klute is a movie a lot of people are talking about so check that out

With an MFA, worst case scenario is you become a college professor, and I'm completely fine with that.
I really don't understand people like you, I feel like you're just bitter you didn't pursue something you were genuinely interested in. You're clearly not trying to give useful advice

why call it school then instead of "overpriced talent agency" or something smdh

Nope you won't be becoming a professor kid. Its funny how newer generation wants to repeat mistakes of older generations. Anyway you're gonna know in a few years what I'm talking about kid.