Why was it so good? It's not only the comfiest film ever made...

Why was it so good? It's not only the comfiest film ever made, it's also one of the rare cases where the movie is better than the book it was based on

Attached: 0000296669[1].jpg (800x1173, 134K)

>comfiest
This is just a nice way if saying it aged like shit. It's a horror movie, it's not supposed to be comfy, but the pace and the action is so slow by today's standards that it never gets your heart rate up.

>It's a horror movie, it's not supposed to be comfy
It's not horror, though. It's a suspense action thriller, the comfiness comes from the chemistry between the characters and the fact that fishing is always comfy.

It's fucking piece of shit garbage. Fuck Spielberg.

You're a fucking piece of shit garbage. Fuck you

The opening scene is legit terrifying even by today’s standards.

Watching a child being eaten alive beneath the waves as blood boils out the surface as he thrashes around is legit horrifying to any kid and parent.

The dread at watching the brutality of Quint slowly slide into the gaping maw of the thing he hates and fears the most is substantial. Here’s a man who’s a bad ass for all intent and purpose desperately and pathetically trying to kick back the Jaws of the shark as it chomps his guts away. His pathetic stabs at the beast as it gnaws at him til blood gurgles and bubbles out his mouth is one of the most horrifying deaths I’ve still seen on screen.

Fuck you, you dumb fucking cunt.

>it's also one of the rare cases where the movie is better than the book it was based on
Better example for that is Lord of the Rings. Jaws isn't that much better than the source material

>Better example for that is Lord of the Rings
Kill yourself

The movies are not better than the books you pleb. Jaws sure but not LoTR.

Go fuck yourself nerd. The books fucking suck, it's a fucking wonder that the movies turned out that good.

>not Horror
Maybe not while watching but going into the Ocean fucked me up for a while

>Why was it so good?
Because it had two heavy hitting actors, Roy Scheider and Robert Shaw, and had Dreyfuss, who was a good actor, soon to rise to great, because of this movie. And it had Speilberg, who was still trying for good cinema, and not $$$, and was willing to sink money into practical effects for the shark, to make it as real as possible.
The editing style is dated as hell, though, as is the cinemaphotography, it's "comfy" to you, because "muh nostalgia".

God it’s fucking summer in here

Stop acting like an oldfag you fucking moron

Calm the fuck down sperg, Jaws is kino

Been here since 2007. Desi desu.

Totally disagree about the cinematography. Jaws has several really gorgeous shots like Quint standing on the pulpit of the Orca against the sun setting for example. It’s also still largely the best looking movie that was shot on location in the actual ocean and not in a studio water tank.

Right, that's why you're so easy to troll. Get the fuck out, newfag.

You should lurk for a few months at least before posting.

You don't know the meaning of kino, babyboy.

It literally means cinema, idiot

Kinematographie = Cinematography

It's just the German word for cinema

There is nothing tense or scary about this shit. I just saw it for the first time released in theaters and it was such a piece of dated shit that I started quietly saying "booomerrrrr, boooooomerrrrrrr" in a kind of chant beneath my breath. Some old man turned around and glared at me but I just smirked at the old faggot.

I know what it means you dumb cunt, also it's not only Germany but also in Russia, Slovakia, Czech Republic etc.

Based, i hope you dabbed on him too.

cuck

It's called loan word you fucking pleb, Slavs took it over from the German language

Based and zoomerpilled

>he likes films by Steven Spielberg
>calls other people cucks
The irony is real.

Czechs took it from Greek.

>hating Jaws
*raises Narragansett*
Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies

Spielberg hate is literal Reddit cuckery

And Greeks took it from Taiwanese

You noticed that Czechistan shares a border with Germany, right?

I don't hate it, it's alright but not great by any stretch of the imagination.
Watch The Post, that's true cuckery

Most Spielberg films make me very comfy. Indiana Jones, Poltergeist, Hook, ET, Jurassic Park, Goonies. Even Schindler's List is comfy in a meaningful but sad way. He has duds obviously but even those are at least nice to look at.

You’re cute, honey.

None of those films are good.
>What, he said Jurassic Park is bad??? No way!!!
Pure reddit onions.

Facebook is that way.

>one of the rare cases where the movie is better than the book it was based on

Fuck you.

The book was awesome, with politician intrigue , an awesome fingering scene and wet pussy sliding all over a vinyl seat.

There's nothing better than a terrifying passage of inescapable monstrous horror, while you still have a boner lingering from the last chapter.

also, Quints death and Hoopers end are true masterpieces, left out because Spielberg was a faggot and couldn't figure out how to do the effects.

Fuck your stupid stupid thread.

t. Yea Forumserally too scared to swim in the ocean since reading jaws.

They literally used research to make unique psychological effects (as did Exorcist). They determined the specific number of frames at which a given shot became uncomfortable. It's less like a movie and more like hypnosis.

What happened to them in the book?

What is the bit where Brodie's wife says "that was uncalled-for" and Brodie repeatedly apologizes? Did he jizz in his pants while staring at his wife's fins?

Hooper gets chomped in the cage, Jaws rises from the water with hooper in his mouth as a trophy, Brody tries to shoot jaws in the belly, instead he hits hooper in the neck accidentally.

when jaws is finally killed (no bullshit hollywood explosion) theres a rope still attached to its tail and it snags Quints ankle, Jaws sinks into the black depths while Quint screams and swears, killed by a monster already defeated.

(also theres a rad affair between Hooper and brody's wife Ellen. Her wet pussy is mentioned often. In the movie Hooper is a virgin Incel)

Movies are for plebs

The mother fucking shark just dies because it gets tired and Quint dies exactly like Captain ahab. Shit sucks.

Hoopers death was pretty cool tho.

Brody is a huge, but honorable loser in the books.