Why does everyone have such a hate-boner for competent female characters these days?

Why does everyone have such a hate-boner for competent female characters these days?

Attached: 8909070089098098.jpg (452x678, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HollywoodActionHero
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/K-2zMQVKTtAi8A2rcgNqhA/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Name a competent female character that receives hate that also has flaws.

>competent
it's unrealistic

>competent female characters

No one writes competent female characters anymore. They only write Mary Sues and unintentionally ironic send-ups.

They often aren't competent in feminine ways. They are basically men that are better than other men.
It's more interesting when they scheme, defy the odds, or make use of maternal instinct, etc.

have sex,

change sex.

Rey got captured and rescued by men in both movies she appeared in.

awwwww, sweetie, did i hurt your feelings?

>incel tries to meme
oof

Because they're not female. Being female implies being human, and the feminine characters masquerading as humans simply aren't.
Real people have flaws. They occasionally snap, they fuck something up, they have to handle times when their best simply isn't good enough. See Ellen Ripley facing her demons, Sarah Connor breaking down, Conan being Overwhelmed, Frodo succumbing, Beatrix Kiddo realising she tried desperately to live a lie and that she brought everything on herself.

What Hollywood wants to pretend is a female character is just a robot that escaped before the flaws got loaded.

Can you give me an example of a hated female character that NEVER fucks up or fails?

Have sex

women can do no wrong remember
everything is our fault

Make Frens!

What exactly is interesting about a male character who just uses his masculine strength to smash through every obstacle? Pretty sure male action heroes scheme and defy the odds as part of their arc (see: every Harrison Ford character)

Women have been helpless fuck-ups in the vast majority of films and television shows since the dawn of the medium, so i dunno where ya got that idea

Because they are all given toxic personalities.

Rey.
Nothing she ever does is portrayed as a negative, however stupid or morally repugnant it is, and the one time she's put at a disadvantage, her aura of obsessiveness instantly makes someone rectify it.

Kills the suspense of disbelief.
>Inb4 just turn off your brain dude.

Do you bleed?

Attached: 1556896779688.jpg (929x720, 101K)

The same could be said of 90% of male heroes throughout history. Nearly every 80s movie had a lead like that. And they're usually smug pricks played off as lovable rogues with a heart of gold. if you think that there's no double standard at play here you're a wee bit retarded m8

Name a few.
Protip, characters like Han Solo are lovable despite their flaws. People don't pretend they don't exist.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HollywoodActionHero

I accept your concession.
In future, reflect on the importance of the narrative. From a detached perspective Rey is a horrible person, but she's still an outrageous Mary Sue because nothing in the movies indicates that shit like attacking an old man from behind in anger, then pulling a deadly weapon on him when he defends himself, is anything but righteous.

Have sex

>arguing with tropes
Opinion dismissed.

you can open up to me hunny we're all girls here

Somebody post the Mike Stoklasa pasta about strong women in movies.

Aragorn
John Wick
Anakin/Luke Skywalker
Almost every Arnold character
Michael Knight
Martin Riggs
John McClane
Every Steven Seagal character
Every Chuck Norris character
Connery's Bond

>kike cucklassa
>gay blowsmen
>AIDS moby
>bitch evans

>shitting on michael knight

wow fucking legitimately end yourself

Indiana Jones. Shit, every non-Han Harrison character. Dude wins every engagement no matter the odds.

What are her flaws? Actually, scratch that what dimension does she even have? She's as bland as the prequel characters.

Imagine being this retarded.

Her flaw is that she's not perfect and capable of handling every situation on her own. There are many beloved male characters for whom that is not true. But for some reason they coast on "just turn ur brain off bro"

Because this website and especially this board hate women. I wonder why?

>t. never watched Hard to Kill
what are you even doing on this board?

Uh, so women are simply not charismatic enough to be fantasy heroes is what you're saying?

The way they're written, yes.

Ah ok, I couldn't say. I don't actually remember anything about these movies or these characters.

The basic problem is that dudes don't buy them when they're written as invincible aces. They just find them annoying in a way that women apparently don't with regard to male aces.

>What exactly is interesting about a male character who just uses his masculine strength to smash through every obstacle?
Watching the old timers like Schwarzenegger or Stallone fuck shit up is just pure, unadulterated action. They aren't the smartest but they'll fucking kill everyone and everything. The Predator was amazing since it took this trope and flipped it on it's head. I simply cannot imagine a woman pulling off such a role that countless male action heroes has. But that is not to say that women can't be badass. Ripley (to give the obvious example) was smart. She refused to let the alien on board and distrusted the whole expedition from the get go. She showed courage even before the alien popped up when she stood up to her captain when needed. And she rose to the challenge when the captain (the assumed hero) got killed off. In Aliens they even play on her maternal instincts towards the little brat. It's feels natural. Seeing a mountain of muscles fuck shit up feels natural. Seeing a woman rise to the challenge feels natural. Treating a woman as if she were a bundle of muscles doesn't feel natural. But even then there is exceptions like Vasquez or that MMA chick. It's a tricky art few directors manage

Attached: AAAAARRHG.png (480x389, 261K)

SPAM SOME MORE TOURIST
SURELY YOU CAN BE ORIGINAL, RIGHT? OH WAIT
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/K-2zMQVKTtAi8A2rcgNqhA/

Attached: 1367312765583.png (373x503, 270K)