What is the appeal of this show? Is there any? I watched a few episodes and didn't find it special, but maybe I'm wrong...

What is the appeal of this show? Is there any? I watched a few episodes and didn't find it special, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's actually kino.

Attached: the wire.jpg (1160x652, 106K)

Yeah, you are

Convince me then.

Well?

THE BEST TV SERIES EVER OF ALL TIME

2 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 5

What's so great about it? Almost all characters are retarded.

Either you're a legitimate pleb or you just have to give it some more time. It grows on you like a virus and soon you can't stop watching it. Watch a few more episodes and come back.

How? The Wire is only one of the few shows where characters have depth and their own reasons for doing the things they do.

He is probably used to TV cops using super computers to convict criminals in 42 minutes or less.

meet me in a vacant op we can talk it out

I watched first 2 eps and didn’t really get the hype, after a few more episodes you start to become invested, once you get to season 3 nothing else compares, just watch it till the end of the season user.

>majority of the characters are black
>depth
>reasons
Get outta here.

I watched 15 minutes of the first episode and I'm with you OP, I don't get it.

i watched 3 seasons and i regret it every day, its a bait. you only like it if you watched some episodes on tv when you were a child, its a boomer thing i guess

The Wire has aged very badly now that I'm redpilled.

Gotta be bout dat life to dig dis shit muh nigga

Maybe that's it. Maybe I can't enjoy this show because I hate black people and Jewish lawyers.

Stick with Bones or Criminal Minds and the other repetitive procedural dreck.

There shouldn't be people trying to convince people like OP to watch the show, that hardly adds to any serious discussion

But it depicts both as the animals they are.

The typical Wire fan thinks that the very act of seeing a black person onscreen is somehow "powerful". You won't get very far into this shit unless you have huge amounts of white guiilt.

It takes more than a few episodes. Just keep going with it.

The Wire is redpilled as fuck, you just didn't get it.

As are wagie white trash in S2 and the opportunists in high positions

The chess scene is the most bluepilled thing ever to air on HBO

The show is really good at portraying niggers as niggers though.
Even the "smart" or "likeable" ones are ultimately just niggers when you look through their actions and their fates are their own doing.
>Jewish lawyers
I can't think of a mainstream show or a movie that shits more on jewish lawyers than wire.

Honestly, the show shits on basically everyone. Baltimore is a depressing hopeless hellhole in The Wire, much like it is in real life.

Hmm, you're starting to win me over.

>Maybe
A good identifier for kino is when a show successfully makes you acknowledge how much of a rube you are and somewhere your appreciation starts kicking in. I don't know how long it might take for you or if you're always just gonna be stuck in this bog of barely understanding what the fuck's going on. I used a handicap like reading TV reviews, Sepinwall has good episode breakdowns for newcomers. If that feels like work for you then just drop and move on. It's an amazing show, the best of its genre, but I don't want to encourage the Sunk Costs fallacy if you really are getting nothing out of it at whatever point you're at. Plenty of other fish in the sea

pleb

4 > 2 > 1 > 3 >>>>> 5

>The Wire has aged very badly now that I'm redpilled.

Attached: 1547333968605.png (841x753, 941K)

>WATCH the leftist show
>ENGAGE with the leftist journalists
>BECOME RE-EDUCATED AGAINST YOUR NATURAL INSTICTS AND LEARN TO ENJOY THE TASTE OF POISON

SJWs would make sure I t wouldn’t get made today though, zoomer

There are season-long story arcs. Watch more than a few episodes, dipshit.

It’s one of those shows where you can see where it’s headed, but then it throws you a curveball without it feeling exploitative or overly dramatic. It had good writing, and decently acted side characters.

this is your brain on /pol/

That chess scene sure is somethin huh

Proto-SJWs are the ones who made it and watched it. Even if their politics have evolved beyond The Wire as they've become more extreme and uncompromizing. The show is a timecapsule of 00s leftist ideology.

Maybe you find it more palatable than the 2019 SJW movement, but it was a stepping stone to bring us to that point, make no mistake.

you sound like a real hit at parties

Yeah nah, I think it was just a journalist dramatising real things he’d seen. Maybe you worry about bogeymen too much. Did your parents want you?

>it was just a journalist dramatising real things he’d see
As seen through his deranged leftist filter, sure.

Now THAT got me thinking