Ancient Egypt movies

I'm looking for movies set in ancient Egypt. I've seen Gods of Egypts, Prince of Egypt (animated one), Cleopatra and Mummy movies. I'm looking for something more about ancient era and it's pretty hard to find.

Attached: abusimbel.jpg (729x425, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d0H3ousK7PE
youtube.com/watch?v=uPt7EFHIxXc
youtube.com/watch?v=MliWcu0GoxM
youtube.com/watch?v=q0p66nmaeOU
youtube.com/watch?v=9AUEjzVQwKo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't expect this board to know anything more than capeshit and big Hollywood releases.

I'd suggest "Pharaoh" from 1960s but it is not English language movie.

Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra

Your best bet for anything other than ptolemaic egypt are probably bible movies. But those will only use egypt as the big bad antagonist.

This is the biggest issue.
Check some 1950s movies.
>Land of the Pharaohs
>Nefertiti Queen of the Nile
They are bit dated but if you liked Cleopatra 1963 then these should be fine.

Thank you very much. About Asterix and Cleopatra, animated or live action version?

Stargate

River God

Is there a movie based on that?

Both. Both are fantastic.

See also The Pyramid for horror.
Most other stuff is mini series or animation like Papyrus.

stargate

nice. very nice.

here you are
>Animated:
Asterix and Cleopatra 1968
The Prince of Egypt
>TV series
Cleopatra (1999)
Rome (2005, Cleoptapra episodes)
The Seventh Scroll (1999)
>Live-action:
10,000BC
Alien vs Predator
Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra
Belphegor, Phantom of the Louvre
Cleopatra (1963)
The Curse Of King Tut's Tomb (1980 and 2006 remake)
The Egyptian (1954)
Exodus: Gods and Kings
Fifth Element
Gods of Egypt
Immortal (2004)
Land of the Pharaohs (1955)
Lucifer Rising (obscure short movie)
Nefertiti, Queen of the Nile
Night of Counting Years (1969)
Pharaoh (1966)
The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945)
Pyramid (2014)
Riders of the Lost Ark (Indiana Jones)
Sands Of Oblivion (2007)
Sphinx (1981)
Spy Who Loved Me
Stargate
Tales from the Darkside: The Movie
The Ten Commandments (1956)
Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen
Young Sherlock Holmes
X-Men: Apocalypse
these are mummy themed movies
>Mummy movies:
>Original Universal:
The Mummy (1932)
>Kharis series reboot
The Mummy's Hand (1940)
The Mummy's Tomb (1942)
The Mummy's Ghost (1944)
The Mummy's Curse (1944)
>parody of above
Abbot and Costello Meet the Mummy (1955)
>Hammer Films
>reboot/remake
The Mummy (1959)
The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (1964)
The Mummy's Shroud (1967)
Blood from the Mummy's Tomb (1971)
>Other:
The Cat Creature (1973)
The Awakening (1980)
Dawn of the Mummy (1981)
Mummy Lives (1993)
Tale of the Mummy (1998)
Mummy Ressurected (2014)
>Universal (Brendan series and spinoffs)
The Mummy (1999)
The Mummy Returns (2001)
>Non-Egyptian mummy:
The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008)
>king scorpion spinoffs 1-4
>Universal Dark Universe
The Mummy (2017)

Don't watch anything post-2000.
Will be full of niggers.

I don't think there's anything other than Gods of Egypt made after 2000. Mummy films are not really about ancient era.

>Immortal (2004)

Unironically the WORST film ever made. It fails at every level, it takes effort to fail this hard. Not even the music is good, it's horrendous.

You should watch it OP, it's a marvel. I own the DVD even, best euro I ever spent.

Wasn't The Mummy in the 90s?
It all blurs together when you get to a certain age.
Also, they had no nigger mummies in that so good on em.

I'm almost sure it's from 2000. I had VHS.
I'm talking about movies set in ancient era, not about discovering ruins and shit. It's very rare.
What is it about?

>set in ancient era
Well the Mummy has the mummy getting his skin back doesn't it?
Close enough to representing them.
Be better off playing games than watching movies to get that ancient Egypt feelerino.

>Be better off playing games than watching movies to get that ancient Egypt feelerino.
Any suggestions other than Assas Cr Origins?

Depends, what type of game you thinking?
ARPG, RTS, RPG etc?

>The Egyptian (1954)
This is the only good one because it's based on a very good book

Age of Mythology

Everything goes. From RPG-styled to adventure (Tomb Raider Last Revelation) to RTS.

Attached: pharaoh1999.jpg (710x533, 263K)

which is actually based on the ancient Egyptian tale of Sinuhe

>What is it about?

That is a very good question. It's based on really shitty comics/
The Egyptian gods are alive and travelling the CGI galaxy in a giant floating pyramid. They are also all naked, you're welcome. Also, everything except the main characters is CGI. 2004 CGI. The god Horus did something wrong and is about to be executed, and now he goes to earth to possess a french man, so he can rape a blue woman. He makes rape jokes. There are several rape scenes. Poetry is quoted. The movie ends the blue woman's half-falcon rape baby is born.

I am not overreacting here, the movie is so much worse than I could ever describe.

Attached: oh yissss quality animation.jpg (1777x999, 138K)

Well Titan Quest (ARPG bit like Diablo) has an Egyptian chapter.

Oh I forgot. It wasn't in the budget to have Horus close his beak, so he just walks around with his beak half open all movie long.

Attached: derp birb.jpg (1280x704, 88K)

Creepy.

>all naked
Got pics of Isis or Bastet or w/e?

agree that the movie is a mess, but I find parts of it eerily beautiful. enki bilal's graphic novels on the other hand are pure kino you fucking heathen

The art is good but other than that they comics are absolute garbage, pleb. But this film is so perfectly terrible it should be shown in film school.

Yes, actually.

Attached: catgod.jpg (1600x900, 146K)

Pharaoh&Cleopatra are great city builders.

Considering your description of the movie I don't know why I expected better tits.

Is this random Empire State Building between them?

whole flick was cringey af

You really can't win here.

Yes. I am fairly sure they were floating while playing chess, and other board games. Guess the ESB was from that.

Attached: I don't know.jpg (400x220, 20K)

Honestly I see a million times better tits from solo patreon fags.

this is how our current CGI heavy capeshit will be seen in 10 years or so. CGI ages like shit, even best one

To be fair the film was really ambitious, I think this is the first(?) film to be shot entirely with digital surroundings and have most of the characters be CGI.

It's just that the technology wasn't there yet, and everything else also failed.

If you are into anime, you can check out the last season of Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters (Millennium World).

Attached: 6cf3f5e063e1fb46995d4616b06a4aef.png (540x823, 639K)

Ive been getting into ancient Egypt lately myself OP

>tfw until recently it was thought the sphinx and the pyramids were built around 2000bc but weathering on the body of the sphinx suggests that it could have been built anywhere up to 10,000bc and its just the head that was carved around 2000bc, likely carved over what was previously a statue of anubis
>tfw there is a massive tunnel and underground complex accessible through the sphinx which has never been excavated thanks to the Egyptian government, and ancient historians even make note of this underground network suggesting it could be so long and complex that it links Giza to Memphis
>tfw no actual evidence to suggest that the pyramids were built as tombs - that in itself is just the most popular theory of egpytologists and not fact, a whole host of other theories are now being put forth as to their actual purpose

Fascinating stuff.

Attached: sphinx4.jpg (700x283, 28K)

i really enjoyed it
wish there were more like it desu

>I just got into ancient Egypt
>so I'm reheating tired mid-90s memes perpetuated by Däniken and buddies instead of reading real science and trying to learn about egyptian culture instead of wanking over the same tired heaps of stones

ok buddy have fun

Pretty much everything you posted there is incorrect. Sorry buddy. Check Mark Lehner's work, he's been excavating the Giza plateau for decades.

What's way more interesting is the labyrinth that used to be around the Middle Kingdom pyramid at Hawara but thems ugly and nobody cares.

Attached: boseman.jpg (1400x1400, 126K)

Based and pyramidpilled

so funny that japan uses the egyptian setting more effectively than the west that don't go beyond cleopatra, tutankhamun and moses

Even if they aren't tombs it's hard to imagine them as anything other than religious.
These ancient monolithic types a really smarter than people give them credit for but its usually a wasted effort in some pointless religious exorcise.
>oh we mapped out the stars and their drift for the next 2000 years with calculus
Well great. Your smart. And it doesn't matter. Congratulations.

WHAT THE FUCK IS BEHIND DOORS IN GREAT PYRAMID?!

Attached: door.jpg (400x327, 12K)

Live action, animated is one of the lesser of the series

If you want something less serious.

Attached: film__11297-carry-on-cleo--hi_res-3d3c8cd9.jpg (970x546, 175K)

Attached: embargoedpyramid-2_wide-4cae9ecbc82f31c685e5a43158ecff2a060b77d3-s800-c85.png (800x449, 303K)

Yuck, a fridge.

>make a massive building
>put few rooms and hallways
what a waste

>reading real science
Egyptology isn't a science.

It's a monument with a mathematic coded message for humans. Don't know who the fuck made it, but not a race a stone pusher for sure.

Attached: image.jpg (650x931, 83K)

Well yeah my guess is its for religious and astronomy purposes. Theres some really outlandish theories. If not tombs then probably the ancient equivalent of a cathedral

Attached: ~fs-Borescope-at-door,-lights.-copy.jpg (733x550, 268K)

Bedos retard son will make the new one. Jewish nepotism at its finest.

>believing egyptologists whos careers depend on the status quo never changing
WOW

and?

Tell me why I have to be a powerslave!

First things first.
1. Egyptians did not build they pyramids
2. Egyptians did not build the great Sphinx
3. Both structures are thousands of years older than the ancient egyptians
4. Egyptians did not come up with the name Egypt for that land.
5. There's still no explanation for how any of these structures were created. Muh slaves is a non-answer. Go to the Pyramids look at those blocks don't give me any shit about some ancient egyptians using ladders and ropes to move those things, not to mention that the original pyramids looks completely perfectly white with the outer stones and capping stones.
6. The original purpose of the pyramids was not as tombs. That's what the Egyptians adopted some of them to be used as, marvelled by their complexity and density. The Egyptian government has also recently admitted they have no idea of the original purpose.
7. The current government official in charge of Egypt's cultural heritage sites is a known charlatan, liar and crook. In fact the position has only ever been staffed by such people.

In conclusion, there was most definitely a super intelligent civilization before the Ancient Egyptians that made Egypt their base. People out there know, but are determined to keep it from us.

Attached: 1554538340787.jpg (648x365, 39K)

Unironically, another door.

What makes a pyramid stable in the first place is undermined by hollowing it out. It's why none of the cultures that built them did it.
The best use of that building technique is the Hanging Gardens in my opinion. If I could see any of the 7 wonders in its heyday that would be my pick.

Attached: Babylon.jpg (849x630, 78K)

>current government official in charge of egypts cultural heritage sites is a known charlatan liar and crook
If you're talking about Hawass, wasn't he fired for corruption recently?

youtube.com/watch?v=d0H3ousK7PE

>5. There's still no explanation for how any of these structures were created. Muh slaves is a non-answer. Go to the Pyramids look at those blocks don't give me any shit about some ancient egyptians using ladders and ropes to move those things, not to mention that the original pyramids looks completely perfectly white with the outer stones and capping stones.
I've heard they used massive sand-ramps. Slaves are not an option. They found tombs of builders. They were free people doing this for lower taxes and other perks.

Attached: ramp2.gif (727x389, 131K)

Never believe anything a modern Egyptologist says. You can't really believe anything an archaeologist says, but Egyptologists especially.

>powerslave
Is it something from Egyptian culture? There is Iron Maiden album/song and a game of the same name.

The gardens would be an incredible wonder to see along with Giza in its complete state.

Kek, really? And what's behind them?

Exactly ancient Egypt had a huge labor force I'm between planting and harvest seasons that pharohs took full advantage of. We found the laborers camps and have written records of stone orders and inventory Including some names of the people who sold and shipped them. Also God's of Egypt is a very entertaining movie due to its bizzare combination of " hey let's put a ton of effort into a mythical Egypt setting but let's cast a bunch of super Europeans with thick accent's and 1 black dude".

Still doesn't explain how they move the stones from their quarries or how they moved the stones into position or how they shaped the stones.
Gorgon.

Ancient Egyptians were tanned Euros.
BLACKING came later.

Mummy waifu. She's waiting for me.

Attached: 1559349014324.gif (749x311, 2.77M)

>In conclusion, there was most definitely a super intelligent civilization before the Ancient Egyptians that made Egypt their base. People out there know, but are determined to keep it from us.
Chill Graham, go do some DMT

Sleds, log Rolling, wet sand, and manpower. Hell look at what people pulled of In the Americas with way less tech.
Sure but there was they didn't look like brits or had Scottish accents. A little more than 0 effort in casting would have gone a long way publicity wise.

>muh aliens
>muh hidden history
youtube.com/watch?v=uPt7EFHIxXc

>sleds
>log rolling
With what trees? lmao
Imports from Crete? Doubtful.
I'll believe it when I see it.
Also doesn't explain how they moved said blocked hundreds of miles in a reasonable timescale.
>americas
They didn't do anything on the scale of the Great Pyramid or Baalbek.
Also, most people who believe the Pyramids are older than they say also say that many of the foundations in the America are older than they say as they don't match the other construction methods in type or quality.

>looks like brits
Aristocracy would have had pale skin as they didn't spend all day outdoors.
>scot accent
Fucking brainlet criticism, if they were attempting an 'Egyptian accent' you'd say that they were wrong too, as if you know what they sounded like millennia ago.

>10,000BC
stopped reading there, please fucking kys yourself
pretty much all the Egypt scenes are wrong in every way

>I've heard they used massive sand-ramps.
Actually an internal ramp
Look up Jean-Pierre Houdin, his theory explains odd things like a spiral found in density scans of Khufu's pyramid, rope marks in the Grand Gallery and open notches in the corners

This, only believe incels

Definitely not aliens. But the ones before us surely did exist and they were far more perfect humans than we ever were.

>With what trees? lmao
Do you really think Ancient Egyptians didn't have wood? Disregarded the rest of your post because you clearly were born with just a brain stem.

The Nile Delta was heavily forested there was plenty of resources.
Casting wise it just baffles me that they didn't save money casting lesser know actors that look the part and they can cash in on the virtue points.

They didn't have the right type of wood for the kind of shit you're suggesting nigga.
You think all wood is the same?

Loving your dunningkruger.

>look the part
You means looks what you think is the part based on a few decades of misinformation and delusion?

>SETEPAI

Attached: mummy-ahmanet.png (1363x565, 821K)

What kind of wood is the right type then, please tell me

You're one of those Nordicist retards, aren't you?

Im impessed by the amount of things they got right. Apart from mistaking Set with god of death, they clearly did some research.

years ago actually

>right kind of wood
Hard wood with a thick trunk.
Their palm trees are too thin, their christ thorns are too short and the rest is soft wood.
>nordicist retards
No idea what you're talking about.

>1. Egyptians did not build they pyramids
but there's hundreds of records of their effort to actually put the structures together
>2. Egyptians did not build the great Sphinx
the implications of water errosion strongly suggest it's older than people 20 years ago thought it would be. however that doesn't mean there were not "egyptians" 8.000 hours ago
also very fun how on one hand everything the government says it's immediately dismissed as bullshit EXCEPT when it falls in line with a theory the "enlightened investigative esoteric humanist" crowd is preaching
I mean I'm a sucker for conspiracy shit and all that but Hancock has been driving off of the same statements he made 30 years ago and people keep preaching him like the bible without ever asking why

I like this one

Attached: 220px-SD_Where's_my_Mummy.jpg (220x311, 39K)

its just strange that people cant accept that ancient humans were pretty much the same as modern humans and therefore just as smart and resourceful.

What do you think this is made of?

Attached: Great-Boat-of-Khufu.jpg (934x700, 114K)

ya that dude was kind of inspiring in his explanation of how you could build this structure within a ramp in itself
I mean how stupidly smart and inventive were these guys back then building a megastructure with a ramp in itself to save up on man power and material (ramp theory requires the ramp to have more material than the pyramid itself to be even half-way practical)
anyhow conspiracy crowd dismisses this theory because "BUT BUT THEY WERE NOT ADVANCED ENOUGHT" but in the same context they claim people preceeding the ancient egyptians by 6000 years were advanced enough

Agreed, I should not have mentioned the lyring government and all their lies. However, there is absolutely no way hose we call the Ancient Egyptians built those structures. For sure they were a great people but those feats were beyond all of their technology and masonry.

>their effort to put structures together
Well they made SOME pyramids which were clearly inferior and of a different design to the Great Pyramid.
>hancock
What has he got to do with the Sphinx's age?

That's a fucking boat you absolute mongoloid.
What's next, you gonna post a picture of a chair?

>in the same context they claim people preceeding the ancient egyptians by 6000 years were advanced enough

Which was exactly the case.

>OP starts a thread about movies
>thread goes off topic but still the best thread on this board right now
i love Yea Forums

A boat made out of cedar

The whole idea is that the previous civilisation was destroyed by a catastrophe and we only have myths and megalithic structures to remember them by.
Jesus Christ I hate it when people try to dismiss something without knowing what they're dismissing.

The whole idea is that I destroyed your mom's megaclithic structure with my big black myth

Cedar of Lebanon or something?
Not good enough and in VERY short supply.
That's why Egypt imported wood from Crete historically.

Not so hard to believe, here we are 6000 years after the ancient egyptians still wondering how they did shit with all of our records and technology. No doubt the ancient egyptians to me wondered the same of the people before them.

why does the subject of ancient Egypt always bring out the conspiritards?

Attached: rfvr8xbksgfrfqjcv52s.jpg (1600x900, 226K)

youtube.com/watch?v=MliWcu0GoxM
forgot my source

claiming "there's no way"with strong evidence to the contrary
these people were in fact capable of sophisticated construction
I mean I myself stood in front of the colosseum and was blown the fuck away how people could build this. but they did. same goes for angkor wat. it leaves you in awe but do you think humans are not capable of these things?
I know you wanna say "humans yes but not the ones they been telling us" so then why not? what is so wrong about egyptians constructing the great pyramid of gizeh?

>exactly the case
>zero proof
wew

Not even a large or impressive statue.
Actually go to Egypt and see the scale of some of the broken ones.

>Not good enough and in VERY short supply.
It was good enough and in enough supply to build large Nile boats
And presumably was the same kind used to move massive monoliths like

>The whole idea is that the previous civilisation was destroyed by a catastrophe and we only have myths and megalithic structures to remember them by
lucky that there's no carbon dating in stone works

this is an early pyramid that they fucked up halfway through and had to re-orient. "modern" humans were smart and had a shit ton of free time once we stopped wandering around and started farming.

Attached: dashur.jpg (3264x2176, 1.97M)

2:54 thats sargon's opening

The Colosseum & Angkor Wat didn't involve massive cut stones.

>dashur pyramid
didn't they try to make one even before that and it collapsed totally? i m not talking about saqqara step one

>enough supply to build nile boats
Not many Nile boats actually, only a few ceremonial ones because it was a 'holy' tree.
>massive monoliths like
Not actually a massive monolith though.
Actually small for Egypt.

because it's a very fascinating era
and the conspiracy crowd despite claiming to be woke and more open minded than the average normie simply sucks up everything as long as it's said to be information that is
>not official
>"the government doesn't want you to know"
>only for the open minded spirits out there

It's wrong because they can't do it! They've never been able to do it.

keep moving those goal posts, I can feel the cope

Attached: 38.jpg (567x425, 342K)

What did he mean by this?
This was a imitation of the Great Pyramid built by less advanced people.

and this one didn't
really gets the noggin joggin

Attached: Snofru's-Red-Pyramid.jpg (929x697, 219K)

it probably wouldve been cheaper with practical effects and models

Aziz, LIGHT!

Attached: aziz.jpg (1918x796, 174K)

Snofru made 1 more unfinished pyramid.

Attached: pyra-factsmeidum1.jpg (693x462, 77K)

Not even an Egyptian relief as far as I know.
Also, very small scale like the last one.

>Not many Nile boats actually, only a few ceremonial ones because it was a 'holy' tree.
Yeah it was so holy that entire forests were cleared over thousands of years.

>Not actually a massive monolith though.
>Actually small for Egypt.
It's still way larger than a pyramid block, so it's clear that they had the means to transport the pyramid blocks using sleds
You're just arguing for the sake of argument now.

youtube.com/watch?v=q0p66nmaeOU

Just look at Giza. Look at it. You can post all you want about manpower sand ramps and wooden logs, there's no way in hell those were used to create this mammoth.

It's very well known that they worshipped the Sphinx and adopted its iconography but they didn't create the Sphinx. It stood there before they did.

Attached: 1539221500199.jpg (2500x1875, 724K)

>made one more
proof that the other one.. doesn't exist? or what's this supposed to mean?

gods of egypt looked so fucking weird, ancient egypt is pure aesthetics and motherfucking proyas decides to make transformers wtf
and I love dark city and the crow btw

Wow, yeah, we all know they could build statues.

>Look up Jean-Pierre Houdin
He pretty much nailed it. The internal ramp design was so simple but so clever. We always think ancient humans are dumb but we are always wrong.

>I'm a virgin so sex doesn't exist: the post

the stones arent that big compared to the people though

This wasn't intended to be a Pyramid though?

Egypt's art community had rigid standards for art, which is why it was so consistent even with thousands of different painters and sculptors. Deviating from the norm was not allowed.

>Just look at Giza. Look at it. You can post all you want about manpower sand ramps and wooden logs, there's no way in hell those were used to create this mammoth.
well how is it there? aliens amirite? oh no wait aliens are totally uncool now.
superhumans before the egyptians
yeah yeah we all love the song too
youtube.com/watch?v=9AUEjzVQwKo

>stones literally like 5x10x4 feet
>not big

give a bunch of slaves and 200 years and ill build a pyramid

nice I stopped there as well, fucking no wood? opinion invalid

probably its the advantage of making stuff with stone, when they fuck up we get to see the fuck ups. Easter Island is littered with Moai that fell over during transport or were half finished still in the mountains.
it was built at least a few hundred years earlier
why is it easier to accept that aliens or some magic super civilization built it as opposed to simple humans with a shit tone of manpower, resources, and free time? We built the god damn Panama canal why not some big fuckoff rock piles?

>le aliens
>superhumans
Nice dismissal 'skeptic' fag.

No, proof that he experimented with designs.
The 1st one collapsed and they left it, then went to but again fucked it up and tried to correct. Final one, the Red Pyramid is the closest one. His son, Chufu (Cheops) obviously took this design for The Great Pyramid.

It was. Basically 1st example other than Step Pyramid. It used a lot of same design.

Attached: tmp389408550423625728.png (510x368, 242K)

>few hundreds years earlier
What, than the Great Pyramid?
Still believing Egyptologist nonsense?
The Great Pyramid is 8 sided, it is unique and nothing like any of these 'test' pyramids you think of.

>'skeptic'
being skeptic about a theory that has zero facts to back it up is bad now

>it was built at least a few hundred years earlier
Not hundred. Same dynasty (4th), probably father and son.

Pyramid design was created using sand piles. Sand always piles up at a specific angle, they used that angle for the side slope. When you get to large scales if you ignore that and try a steeper angle you have bad results, really bad.

The bricks of the Red Pyramid are so shoddy, and unrefined you can tell it was never ever ever lined with outer stones or a capstone. It is in fact, a cheap copy, an imitation and full of imperfections. All it proves is that the Egyptians wanted to emulate the people before them but still couldn't do it.

Haven't you ever wondered why it's a good 50 meters smaller than Giza? Because they couldn't figure out how to get it that big! Compare Giza to the Red. Just the bricks. You'll always be able to tell the difference because it's same as the difference between night and day.

Attached: 1535654340683.jpg (1944x2592, 2.19M)

I do accept it was Humans. I do not accept it was the humans they tell us it was, because it doesn't make any sense for it to be them.

It has facts, you just don't accept them because someone's who's career would end if he said otherwise told you so.

i believe scientific dating processes.
thats one way to say "fuck you dad".

so are the ones on the big gizeh one
since they ripped of the polished covering stones centuries ago
the ones underneath are made with the same craftsmanship that the one from the red pyramid show

>get absolutely blown out
>just repeat your argument ad nauseam
wow really convinced me

>scientific dating processes
Fake & gay.
Link one.

So what are you saying, that we should only believe those people who have no stake in what they expound?

Attached: 1517222004171.png (1280x1172, 768K)

>get countered at every turn
>keep moving goalposts when you cant think of a way to disprove the 'conspiritard'
wowsers

I'm saying we shouldn't accept as gospel the words of someone whose career revolves around regurgitation rather than research.

>It has facts
one fact that gizeh pyramid is 10000years old please

yeah its not like the cedars are on their flag or anything, it was really a rare treat. Like a maple leaf on a canadian flag.

Who does better research, those people with a career who actually go out to Egypt, learn hieroglyphs, dig around in sites, or those people who regurgitate Internet memes from their basement?

half of that, sphinx however could be 10 000

Already answered this in a previous post.
>modern = ancient
Dipshit.

You're not supposed to let us know you're a mod
that's pretty naughty

jesus Im trying to watch this inmortal movie wtf
either make it all cgi or with humans but this mix looks horrible

The Sphinx is actually 5 billion years old, it was here before the Earth formed
In fact the Earth formed around it

Each method is just as valid as the other, Egyptology is not a science at all, just guessing and unproven, widely disputed theories. But one side doesn't have a vested interest in keeping the truth buried.

>those people with a career who actually go out to Egypt, learn hieroglyphs, dig around in sites
>he actually think this is what egyptologists do

>regurgitate Internet memes
It's not even an internet meme, it is literally pre-internet you dumb zoomer.
Keep sucking academic cock.

So I'm assuming both of you are in Egypt right now, shitposting from a dig?

>dude I listened to a podcast and he explained everything

Brainlet here. What's the deal with Cleopatra? Why is she so popular in movies or art?

>watch old 1950/60s movies about Egypt
>Everybody is white

Damn trash

when it comes to literally any field of study if you aren't looking at the latest 6 months of research then you are horribly behind

>It's not even an internet meme, it is literally pre-internet you dumb zoomer.
I'm talking about retards like you who'll believe any badly compressed jpeg that fits your narrative.

Roman cock sleeve, that's pretty much it

because she fucked three roman consuls, it also conects the alexander the great empire with egypt and rome

Maybe because she was present in both Roman and Egyptian history so there is more information about her so there's more stuff to pull from for drama.

she was queen of egypt, the breadbasket of the known world, descendant from the greeks that conquered asia with alexander the great and she's the one that was in the throne when the roman republic became an empire
whats fucking awful is how some nigs claim her when there are so many other egyptian queens that were confirmed to be dark skined in their artistic depictions but the school system is so fucked they probably only learned about Ramses because of the bible, Tutankamon because of the cool mask and Cleopatra

First, there really aren't many powerful women to pick from in the history books. Genuinely beautiful ones even less so.
Second, she basically was responsible for the fall of Egypt once and for all to Rome. The how and why of this is a really good story, no Hollywood script required. A dude on youtube made it kino just using squares.

HOL UP

Would actually be more believable than the ancient egyptians built it.

Look at all the ancient wonders of the earth and what the ancient people built. The shit in Egypt that still exists today you can easily tell cannot have been built by the same people around today. There were humans before them, and they must have been mostly destroyed by a cataclysmic event, leaving behind only their wonders. Even look at the rest of wonders of the wonders of the ancient world. The rest all appear 2000 YEARS after the supposed creation of Giza.

It takes the rest of humanity 2000 years to create artworks on the levels the ancient egyptians did, and you expect me to believe these same ancient Egyptians built those? 2000 years and the Egyptians who crafted those wonders cannot do anything on the same level despite being the most advanced people on the planet that supposedly built them to begin with? No way in hell. Giza, the Great Sphinx existed before them. They found that shit, and the spent the next millennia emulating it.

OK thanks. About nigs, why can't they just i don't know, check the mummy or something?

I did a summer in Egypt when I was at York Uni actually.
Egyptology doesn't have a 'latest 6 months of research' it's literally dogma.
You can blame people like Hawass for that.
It takes years for them to accept anything new.
>jpg
I didn't even link or refer to any though?
Dumb cunt.

she wasnt that beatiful and there have been more powerful women like the Queen of Sheba, Queen Zenobia, Nefertiti, Queen Semiramis or byzantine empresses Irene, Anastasia and Theodora

What research? It's not a science. They just make shit up to try and keep spinning us this lie.

Nobody found her mummy yet. There was a mysterious black sarcophagus in Alexandria. Apparently from same era, this could be it.

she wasnt mumified, I dont think any ptolmaic egyptian ruler was
Ptololeo was a general of the Alexander the Great army that got to control Egypt after Alexander death, just like Seleuco controled Anatolia, Iraq and Iran, known as the seleucid empire

Yes, but Cleopatra's heavy involvement with Rome makes her far more alluring. As do all her sexual proclivities.

egyptologists are very lazy now, using excuses of preservation they literally stop diging, same thing in america where there are pyramids buried under trees and grass and no one dares to clean them up
aparently leaving ancient monuments to be claimed by nature is the new archeology dogma

>in a reasonable timescale
that's the key to all of it, cathedrals took almost two centuries to be built during the renaissance, why wouldn't ancient structure be built for even longer?

true, but I just want a Theodora biopic

I swear to God if I die before visiting Egypt I'll kill myself

Just make sure you have a lot of cash on you, you'll have to bribe the police. A lot. Often to get your own stuff back.

Reasonable timescale for each block.
There's a difference between taking two centuries to make a building and taking years to move a single block to the site.

We already know everything we need to know. Do you want those people to lose their prestigious careers ? Hushh only a few years before their pension.

Yes, and yet they tell us the Ancient Egyptians built Giza in 20 years.

Just join a group with a good solid tour guide and you'll be fine.
Brien Foerster does great tours if you ignore all his mumbo jumbo pseudo-science.

>>We already know everything we need to know.

What a stupid thing to say. And the final proof that they are not interested in the truth at all, just protecting their careers built on lie upon lie.

She was strongly related to Egyptian culture, despite her Greek origins. Adopted it well and believed to be a true ruler. I'd suppose she wanted to be mummified in similar fashion too.

I want to go to Egypt....with a girl.

After she died they definitely did not give a shit about what she wanted.

a lot of time they say it was built during a time frame just because the pharaoh put his name on it but Ramses for example put his name on top of monuments started by his father so we dont really know
The pyramids probably took centuries to build but the last pharaoh claim it for himself, no way the pyramids were built during just one pharaoh time

What about her servants and other loyal staff?

I get the same impression

relax you autistic dork

Well Octavian killed her son so I'm guessing anyone else still loyal to her was slaughtered too.

It seems stupid to you because you aren't getting a fat paycheck and sweet conference bux. They have a family to spoil, some all expense paid travel to do and some young students to impress. So cut them some lack, will you ?

mumification was an art that probably got lost in time

It's amazing how so many retards refuse to accept this notion.

is there any tour that does all the nile and not just Gizah? Also are these tours okay if you're alone?

There were mummies made even 150 years after Cleopatra's death, from Roman era. In the British Museum there is one that is actually a mummy of another person named Cleopatra too but not THE famous one.

Attached: Mummy-of-Cleopatra-British-Museum.jpg (1000x590, 119K)

I was talking out my ass, thanks for pointing that out

That's a british mummy. everything in that museum belongs to good old Queeny.

Brien Foerster goes to multiple locations in Egypt, not a Nile tour though.
Nile tours do exist but you have to choose wisely because some of the landing spots suck and they dump you in areas full of people trying to sell you junk or even rob/molest you.

literal fake news for clicks

Cleopatra was just a name. The famous one is named Cleopatra VII Philopator.

have sex

thanks user, I'll check this guy out

>fake news
Wasn't even reported on.

more like Phelator amirite?

He does lots of tours around the world to ancient 'megalithic' sites.
He has good connections with locals to open up off limits areas too.
Like I said he talks a lot of mumbo-jumbo but his location choices are top tier.

Any book recs on Ancient Egypt while we're at it?

fiction or non?

All books on ancient Egypt are fiction...

non-fiction, something that covers the basic while still being understable by a brainlet

yeah ok, kinda right. but i'm talking about horror, fantasy, adventure or so on or some academic studies

This one should hook you up.

Attached: 51qh7+KsU3L._SX346_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (348x499, 48K)

thanks user