Why didn't it get the attention it deserved?

why didn't it get the attention it deserved?

Attached: A16KrgUZR2L._RI_.jpg (1920x2560, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1CdPZPNDTHk
youtube.com/watch?v=-NRw3gdJJcc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Plebs can't handle malick

Overshadow by SPR unfortunately.

this. it's much better though, SPR is just a patriotic action movie, TRL is a character study

>youtube.com/watch?v=1CdPZPNDTHk

Soundtrack is 10/10

>MUH MALICK
>MUH ETERNAL STRUGGLE OF THE SOUL
>MUH MOVIE

I agree. I was disappointed by SPR, i know Spielberg likes his cheesy moments but SPR was too much.

>Nick Nolte's photoshopped helmet

Attached: creepy dog_close up.jpg (426x362, 33K)

I want this choir to sing at my funeral

Because the most memorable death scene in the movie was Woody Harrelson getting his ass blown off by his own grenade, and plebs wanted more video game action scenes

nick nolte should have won the oscar

First 20 mins of SPR > TTRL >>>> the rest of SPR

Worst 'Nam movie ever. Stupid ass classical music instead of based 60s grooves.

>'Nam

It's grenada you retart

too kino

Are any of Malick's other movies as good as this?

>DUDE, BLADES OF GRASS TELL ME YOUR SECRETS

It's fucking terrible

Greatest war film of all time, personal top 20 favorite film.

They're shit.
This is decent and only because of the setting. Looks like A-lister reading quotes. Painful to watch.

Because most people who watch movies are fucking fools

Yes
This guy never graduated high school, his opinion is irrelevant

It was nominated for Best Picture and got an immense amount of attention.

We didn't fight in Spain during WW2 retard

Man...watch Knight of Cups or Tree of Life and tell me they're just like pointless commercials. Pretending to be deep is not deep. It's pathetic. Let's close up on Jessica Chastain beautiful face...Oh, man, I am good, with pointless vague sentences pretending to be something else. Knight of Cups, longest perfume commercial ever. Man...Malick is pure shit.

Both of those movies are great. I know you have probably heard this a lot in your life, but in this case it’s true, you just didn’t get it. It’s okay.

Because it was pretentious garbage. I was really disappointed by it because I quite liked Badlands and I foolishly listened to Yea Forums when it said it was a good film

And no, I’m not going to explain why I enjoyed these movies because it is clear to me that the reasons why I find something enjoyable and thought provoking is of no interest to you. We obviously have very different tastes. Out of curiosity what movies have deeply affected you?

I have actually never seen another Malick movie. Which is odd since TRL is in my top 5 of all time. But lets give credit where it's due. Most of it is adopted straight from James Jones' The Thin Red Line, mixed with a little John Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath. Combine those classics with Hans Zimmers best work and a cast of actors who loved the idea to the point where some was willing to pay for equipment. Malick was of course the man behind the film, but he was far from the only reason TRL became the masterpiece that it is

Attached: Jamesjones.jpg (220x323, 23K)

It has some really outstanding scenes, like when Elias Koteas was arguing with Nick Nolte about sending his men into a slaughter. The tension, acting and perspective on warfare is really unique for Hollywood war movies.

But then the movie turns into pretentious arthouse garbage because Malick can't help himself. It's inconsistent but still worth a watch.

Attached: 1517864284928.jpg (1024x1024, 262K)

You are just finding out that art is built on the masterpieces of other’s work? Just because Einstein built his theory of relativity and mathematics off of issac newtons work doesn’t make it any less substantial. You can’t use this argument because nothing is completely original or built in a vacuum.

>george clooney
>literally in one scene

It wasn't to diminish Malicks works if thats what you think. Like I said, it's one of the best movies I have ever seen. It was just to acknowledge that most of the dialogue is from an author who actually fought in operation Watchtower (which just makes it all the better)

>youtube.com/watch?v=-NRw3gdJJcc

The soundtrack is fucking great

Attached: 69f.jpg (600x485, 25K)

I had an arrangement of two of their songs played at my wedding (albeit on the organ)