What happened?

What happened?

Attached: 250px-South_Park_main_characters.png (250x260, 56K)

TDS is where the money is

You grew up and they ran out of ideas

There is such a noticeable decline in season 10. I always stop watching there.

There isn't really a point of no return, because they have brief periods of resurgence followed by long periods of mediocrity. It's less of a downward spiral and more of a roller coaster.

I always hated how in the later seasons kyle and cartmans relationship became pure hatred. Earlier there was animosity and hate but they were still friends. At this point its just 2 kids that hate each other.

they sold out when they started offering free streams and overloaded it with product placement.
it had a minor renaissance around seasons 19-21, then it started going downhill worse than before when they started shilling for climate change and backtracking on their edgier material to date.
now that global warming has become such an entrenched orthodoxy i look back on their earlier seasons with a lot of nostalgia, how much more pluralism and freedom of opinion there used to be in popular entertainment, as well as in the world at large.

Attached: 1517955858327.png (419x356, 174K)

I have been rewatching some vintage South Park from season 1–6 and they still hold up, meanwhile, seasons 15 onwards are badly dated.

>Chuck's Fuck and Tack

Yeah the dynamic between Cartman and the rest of them is a lot more reminiscent of actual friendships where one kid is a fat cunt (I know because I was the fat cunt)

Matt and Trey just phone it in to keep the comedy central dollars rolling. They still have talent like they've shown in the Book of Mormon but they simply don't care about southpark anymore. It's a chore for them and they do the bare minimum amount of work on it now for the least amount of time possible. They used to work 9 months a year on south park before season 17 and now its strictly from late September to early December, under 2 months.

Attached: seasons.jpg (3399x1823, 604K)

Tv shows arent supposed to run for 24 or whatever the fuck seasons is has now. Nobody can come up with ideas for that long, at least not at a consistent rate that a tv show requires.

Some seasons are time capsules, such as 12 or 13.

The whole trump stuff, pewdiepie and spacex was terrible but then again I liked the latest Amazon stuff.
Overall I would like them to do go back doing random kid shit instead of politics.

>season 17
the cthulhu and game of thrones "trilogies" were the lowest points in the entire series

Agreed.

Cthulhu was season 17?

no Chuck was in Season 11 Episode 5

Got sick of being considered a poo poo pee pee show and did bad social commentary.

Seasons 1-3 are the GOAT. I liked when it was random storylines around town and weird shit with aliens and whatnot. During the low budget days the show had more soul and heart put in it. The characters sounded better. I tried watching a current episode and it was absolutely shit. Nothing but pure politics throughout and not a single laugh.